2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New Mizuno MPs just announced! Mizuno Pro 221/223/225

Joey09

15 minutes ago, ktyler2 said:

Thanks a ton! Did you order yours in standard loft? 

I did,  those pictures seem to make them appear larger than they are and more lofted.  But it also could be the angle I was holding the camera at.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

5 hours ago, HarborMike said:

Depends on why do you want to weaken? Similar question was asked on recent TXG Q&A weather or not you should weaken the lofts on 225s. RB responded (at 33 minute mark) in summary, when you weaken the lofts on a club designed with deeper center of gravity that is designed to already launch higher, you risk adding too much spin and too much height which would lead to too much loss of distance. Loft is just one fitting parameter. Also need to evaluate your delivery, speed, dynamic loft, etc. too see if weakening the lofts on a 225 makes sense for you.

In general, I tend to agree (if you can’t get fit and are just buying these off the rack) to not bend them and get in some rounds and range sessions then bend later if you’re not liking the results.

I've thought about ordering the 225s a degree weak as well. My thoughts are that if they're offering it with the Project X IO as the stock shaft, which sounds to be fairly high launching and spinning, if I order with a low launch/spin shaft, the extra degree of loft would balance things out.

29 minutes ago, ikegoody said:

I've thought about ordering the 225s a degree weak as well. My thoughts are that if they're offering it with the Project X IO as the stock shaft, which sounds to be fairly high launching and spinning, if I order with a low launch/spin shaft, the extra degree of loft would balance things out.

this is the thought process I am trying to work through. If I go with a low-mid launch/spin shaft would the 1* weak through the set help even it out. 

16 minutes ago, DoubleEagle08 said:

Anyone moving from the MP-20 MMC? This in stock $-taper 120 has been my perfect club, but alas they are beat. What would be a better move, 223 or 225? I worry about too low of launch and lower spin. 

I got fit for the 223 waiting for them. They are  great. Can’t wait to get the whole set in my hands. 
if you are coming from those MMC you would enjoy the 223 them for sure. Not sure how much improvement. From reviews they have said increased ball speed with the 7-4i slightly different compact head. Same copper underlay. 
It would  be worth a try. Bring your checkbook lol

Got a chance to hit the 225s again today, but this time I got to see and hit the full set. Mizuno did a great job improving the shape of the whole set from the original HMB, gorgeous set of irons for a low to mid capper. Also hit a full set of the Rogue St Pro and the 225s blew them away in every regard, this is coming from a self- described full bag Callaway ho. They don’t have a graphite shaft option that works for me or I probably would have ordered today.  Well done Mizuno, a very impressive set of irons that any mid handicapper who wants a clean looking club with good feel and performance would have no problem playing. 

Edited by golfschnell
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mavallon said:

do the t200s compare more towards 223s or 225s?

I’ve hit T200, T100, T100s, 221, 223, and 225 and currently play the T100S. 223s are more comparable to T100s if you were going to have to choose Titleist vs. Mizuno Pro comparisons. Many YouTuber influencers are using those two models to compare since they have similar lofts and similar performance numbers. I do think the 223s are a bit more forgiving and hotter off the face. But the designs are pretty different with 223 having a thicker sole and top line. T100s just looks smaller. 

As for T200, I just don’t really see too much in common with 223 or 225 other than both 225 and T200 being hollow. 

1 hour ago, golfschnell said:

Got a chance to hit the 225s again today, but this time I got to see and hit the full set. Mizuno did a great job improving the shape of the whole set from the original HMB, gorgeous set of irons for a low to mid capper. Also hit a full set of the Rogue St Pro and the 225s blew them away in every regard, this is coming from a self- described full bag Callaway ho. They don’t have a graphite shaft option that works for me or I probably would have ordered today.  Well done Mizuno, a very impressive set of irons that any mid handicapper who wants a clean looking club with good feel and performance would have no problem playing. 

That’s really good to hear. I have a set of 225s on the way. Was thinking of adding 221 or 223 at 8-PW with concerns 225s may be a bit hot or big. However, not really hearing any complaints yet and Ian from TXG said he could bag the whole set and couldn’t find fault in the short irons.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:29 PM, vw23 said:

Has anyone ordered the 225s 1* weak? Or tried them 1* weak? If so how much did this change the spin, launch angle, height, landing angle, etc. Going back and forth on ordering them standard lofts or 1* thru the set.

After a session with Trackman, I think the 223 spin well. It's the 225's that have reduced spin. I am playing the 223 in std lofts in 7-PW, waiting on the 4-6i in 223 to arrive. I prefer the 223 to the 225. If you are a high spin player, you may prefer the 225 for those low lofts and more distance. I need to have the ball sit on the green. Get fit and see what they do before purchase.

Edited by SwingMan
  • Like 3

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

10 hours ago, SwingMan said:

After a session with Trackman, I think the 223 spin well. It's the 225's that have reduced spin. I am playing the 223 in std lofts in 7-PW, waiting on the 4-6i in 223 to arrive. I prefer the 223 to the 225. If you are a high spin player, you may prefer the 225 for those low lofts and more distance. I need to have the ball sit on the green. Get fit and see what they do before purchase.

I had no issues spinning the 223 in the 6,500 range on Trackman with a ProV1X.

• Like 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

11 hours ago, HarborMike said:

I’ve hit T200, T100, T100s, 221, 223, and 225 and currently play the T100S. 223s are more comparable to T100s if you were going to have to choose Titleist vs. Mizuno Pro comparisons. Many YouTuber influencers are using those two models to compare since they have similar lofts and similar performance numbers. I do think the 223s are a bit more forgiving and hotter off the face. But the designs are pretty different with 223 having a thicker sole and top line. T100s just looks smaller. 

As for T200, I just don’t really see too much in common with 223 or 225 other than both 225 and T200 being hollow. 

I also like that the 223 has a 46 degree pitching wedge over a 44 in the T100S. The way the lofts play out with the 4 being 22 degrees, it easily opens up a spot in the bag for a 50, 54, 58 wedge setup. I just think the lofts of the 223 are more versatile. At least, in my situation it makes more sense. 

Edited by JStang
  • Like 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

2 minutes ago, JStang said:

6 or 7 iron? And what is your swing speed? Just curious, comparing to my numbers...

I was 6 iron @ 88.5MPH, 5000 spin and 185 carry. This was a bit eye opening to me with how low spin it was, but I guess that's just how I play.

I like golf. A lot.

3 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

6 or 7 iron? And what is your swing speed? Just curious, comparing to my numbers...

I was 6 iron @ 88.5MPH, 5000 spin and 185 carry. This was a bit eye opening to me with how low spin it was, but I guess that's just how I play.

7 iron and I swing it 93 mph on average. Went after one at the end of the session and hit 95. 

I hit a high ball so the less loft / spin should be beneficial to me over my current T100 irons. 

12 hours ago, HarborMike said:

That’s really good to hear. I have a set of 225s on the way. Was thinking of adding 221 or 223 at 8-PW with concerns 225s may be a bit hot or big. However, not really hearing any complaints yet and Ian from TXG said he could bag the whole set and couldn’t find fault in the short irons.

I can lend some experience to this, as I have a set of 225 on order and currently play T200 (2019).  I tried the new T200 and they feel and sound like garbage, I believe it's due to the plastic back which is so patently untitleist historically.  I like my current T200 in the sense I hit them well enough, they feel ok, and more than anything I am comfy with them.  I hate the offset in the longer irons, for me it makes me miss right more as I fear hooking it.  Always been my complaint but I lived with it, because I couldnt find anythign else.  Enter the 225... I hit them indoors now twice, one time on a somewhat suspect launch monitor, but again on a bonafide trackman with a fitter I trust.  I have yet to find something bad to say about them, at least in the 7 iron.  I tried them twice now with usual PX LZ shaft, and the 7 iron spins right around 5200 which in this type of iron is more than my current set of T200.  Decent angle is key to a iron like this to create stopping power.  I hit the 7 iron as high as I hit my T200 8 iron (thats what i warmed up with), so that is to say I do not hit moon balls.  The thing that blew me away was the dispersion, both front to back and side to side with T200.   The iron looks amazing, basically no thicker than my T200 but less offset and a similar if not thinner sole due to bevelling.  I honestly put this between the T100 and T200 now, which is what I was looking for.  Face feels hot but not empty or clicky, and this with my PX LZ.  The longest shot I hit correlated to the swing I really went after it on, so I would say feedback is very good... in two fittings I did not see a shot fly further than I felt I swung.  I had to admit that the T100 are just too initimidating to me now, and really focused to another player, while I am a 5 cap I just feel like I need some help.  The consistency the 225 gave was unreal.  

• Like 2

I ordered jpx forged just over 4 weeks ago.  Project x LZ 6.5 black shafts, lamkin grips.  Was told yesterday that they are about to go in production.... So a week to week and a half out.  I was originally told they were 6 weeks behind.  If this estimate is true, that puts these at 5 1/2 weeks.  

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

55 minutes ago, drscott266 said:

I can lend some experience to this, as I have a set of 225 on order and currently play T200 (2019).  I tried the new T200 and they feel and sound like garbage, I believe it's due to the plastic back which is so patently untitleist historically.  I like my current T200 in the sense I hit them well enough, they feel ok, and more than anything I am comfy with them.  I hate the offset in the longer irons, for me it makes me miss right more as I fear hooking it.  Always been my complaint but I lived with it, because I couldnt find anythign else.  Enter the 225... I hit them indoors now twice, one time on a somewhat suspect launch monitor, but again on a bonafide trackman with a fitter I trust.  I have yet to find something bad to say about them, at least in the 7 iron.  I tried them twice now with usual PX LZ shaft, and the 7 iron spins right around 5200 which in this type of iron is more than my current set of T200.  Decent angle is key to a iron like this to create stopping power.  I hit the 7 iron as high as I hit my T200 8 iron (thats what i warmed up with), so that is to say I do not hit moon balls.  The thing that blew me away was the dispersion, both front to back and side to side with T200.   The iron looks amazing, basically no thicker than my T200 but less offset and a similar if not thinner sole due to bevelling.  I honestly put this between the T100 and T200 now, which is what I was looking for.  Face feels hot but not empty or clicky, and this with my PX LZ.  The longest shot I hit correlated to the swing I really went after it on, so I would say feedback is very good... in two fittings I did not see a shot fly further than I felt I swung.  I had to admit that the T100 are just too initimidating to me now, and really focused to another player, while I am a 5 cap I just feel like I need some help.  The consistency the 225 gave was unreal.  

I'm really intrigued as I've hear you describe the 225 between the T100 and T200 and someone else describe the 223 as between them as well. I'm not in the market as a recently moved into the T200, but am curious to see the the T200s work for me in the short irons. The T100s we're just so thin. 

Just now, ernotte said:

I'm really intrigued as I've hear you describe the 225 between the T100 and T200 and someone else describe the 223 as between them as well. I'm not in the market as a recently moved into the T200, but am curious to see the the T200s work for me in the short irons. The T100s we're just so thin. 

I'm just one guy, but anecdotally I also thought that the 223 was in between the T100s and T200.

FWIW, I'm a current Mizuno player (919 HMP) that has been looking to upgrade to something with better distance/spin consistency and got fit in T200 that I tried to buy in September (ordered Sept 1)... however when mid-January rolled around and I was still waiting with no ETA (KBS shafts...) I decided to cancel the order and do a fitting again expecting that the 225 might be a really good fit for me.

I didn't measure them side by side but to my eye and feel over the ball I thought that the 225 and T200 were pretty close to each other. However I was NOT comfortable at all with the T100s (just like in the fall) but I didn't have that same problem with the 223 when addressing the ball. Maybe it has something to do with the angle of the top of the face making the club face appear a tiny bit larger with the 223 compared to the T100s even if the blade length isn't that different? I don't know for sure. 

End of the day, I expected to love the 225 but I just liked it, the 223 felt amazing to me and the performance of the 223 was actually better than the 225 for me as well (better spin and distance consistency even if a bit shorter than 225 and I had better face control with 223 (starting line consistently) which is the baseline problem with my swing, my path is pretty consistent but my misses come from face control (or lack thereof)). T200 just couldn't compete on feel/sound with the Mizunos (performance was fine, but nothing better), T100s felt very nice but head size/shape was overly intimidating for me, still hated P790 (I always think I should love that club but never do). 

Ordered 223, should be here in a couple of weeks (knock on wood! switched to DG 120 shafts). 

35 minutes ago, ernotte said:

Honestly I didnt even hit the 223 since the 225 were so good, but they irons are very similar.  I agree the T100 have been thinned to the point I don't feel as confident playing them.  T200 have been good performers for me, and the new ones work as well just not my cup of tea for feel.  Looks wise they nailed it, they just felt like rocks with my PX LZ.  Mizuno threaded the needle of the two models in my opinion and I hope it works as well on the course as in demo.  

21 minutes ago, KParks said:

I'm just one guy, but anecdotally I also thought that the 223 was in between the T100s and T200.

FWIW, I'm a current Mizuno player (919 HMP) that has been looking to upgrade to something with better distance/spin consistency and got fit in T200 that I tried to buy in September (ordered Sept 1)... however when mid-January rolled around and I was still waiting with no ETA (KBS shafts...) I decided to cancel the order and do a fitting again expecting that the 225 might be a really good fit for me.

I didn't measure them side by side but to my eye and feel over the ball I thought that the 225 and T200 were pretty close to each other. However I was NOT comfortable at all with the T100s (just like in the fall) but I didn't have that same problem with the 223 when addressing the ball. Maybe it has something to do with the angle of the top of the face making the club face appear a tiny bit larger with the 223 compared to the T100s even if the blade length isn't that different? I don't know for sure. 

End of the day, I expected to love the 225 but I just liked it, the 223 felt amazing to me and the performance of the 223 was actually better than the 225 for me as well (better spin and distance consistency even if a bit shorter than 225 and I had better face control with 223 (starting line consistently) which is the baseline problem with my swing, my path is pretty consistent but my misses come from face control (or lack thereof)). T200 just couldn't compete on feel/sound with the Mizunos (performance was fine, but nothing better), T100s felt very nice but head size/shape was overly intimidating for me, still hated P790 (I always think I should love that club but never do). 

Ordered 223, should be here in a couple of weeks (knock on wood! switched to DG 120 shafts). 

I think from the forum here, and my fitter too, the 223 and 225 are pretty close looks wise but performance may differ for individuals slightly.  They should theoretically be less hot than 225, and maybe a little shorter but both should be solid performers.  They are in my opinion more confidence inspiring than T100 for sure but not in a bulky way.  I think either model would be a winner for me, I just fell in love with 225 and the edge of they look better in the bag to me was the extra kick over the edge.  I think alot of people will be stuck between the 223 and 225, and I don;t think you'll lose either way.  I didn't find them any lower spin than my T200 which I have successfully played for two years on green grass.  The overal package of the 225 won me over, but I bet if I hit the 223 I wouldn't be upset.  

43 minutes ago, KParks said:

23 minutes ago, drscott266 said:

Honestly I didnt even hit the 223 since the 225 were so good, but they irons are very similar.  I agree the T100 have been thinned to the point I don't feel as confident playing them.  T200 have been good performers for me, and the new ones work as well just not my cup of tea for feel.  Looks wise they nailed it, they just felt like rocks with my PX LZ.  Mizuno threaded the needle of the two models in my opinion and I hope it works as well on the course as in demo.  

Good luck to you both. Report back how you like them.

As a leftie, I could only get the 223s (part of the reason I moved away from Mizuno). I kind of wish I would have waited to get fit this spring instead of last fall so I could have hit the 223s, but I was coming from the 919 forged so it sounds like there might not have been a big difference. It was also looking like we were going to be moving out of the Portland, OR area at the time and I wanted to make sure to get fit with Ben Giunta from The Tour Van. 

4 hours ago, JStang said:

Same here - no issues getting enough spin with 223

• Like 1

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Just saw the 221 and 223 heads for the first time at the PGA SS. I am a 921 forged player with blade like aspirations in a few years. Wow the 223 look extremely beautiful in person. I originally thought the 223s looked meh online but in person they are gorgeous. The profile is very similar to the 221s honestly and will appeal to people who want to play a blade but want more forgiveness. The profile was noticable smaller than the 921 forged. 

I think I am going to skip this cycle as my clubs are only about a year and a half old. Kind of browsing and thinking I will look at the MP224/24 collection likely as my next set. But wow, the 223s look way more gorgeous than I expected.

My only concern is I honestly am not sure I want my next set to be split chromoloy vs none as my only complaint with the 9212s is that my gap feels noticably bigger between the 7 and 8 iron but I am not the greatest player yet and have only been playing for 2 years, so consistent strike isnt my strong suit yet. 

• Like 1

Currently playing 900 forged with project x 5.5 shafts.

These shafts never felt good to me, i always felt i needed to be extra smooth with them

Went in today and hit the 225's 

I explained to the fitter and he grabbed the Project x 6.0

Oh man.......what a difference.  I felt like i could swing normal and get after it..

They felt so good I ordered them..

Roger Dunn, Seal Beach.  I was told 10 to 14 days

Somebody said "Bring your checkbook"

I say bring your credit card

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lord Viking said:

Currently playing 900 forged with project x 5.5 shafts.

These shafts never felt good to me, i always felt i needed to be extra smooth with them

Went in today and hit the 225's 

I explained to the fitter and he grabbed the Project x 6.0

Oh man.......what a difference.  I felt like i could swing normal and get after it..

They felt so good I ordered them..

Roger Dunn, Seal Beach.  I was told 10 to 14 days

Somebody said "Bring your checkbook"

I say bring your credit card

Wild that the same shift just one flex stiffer was the answer. Hope you get your sticks within 14 days!

Just ordered the 223, 5-9 irons with dg120 s300. 

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

I love these irons.. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

11 hours ago, JStang said:

I have hit both the 223 and 225 side by side and I like both, just want a bit more forgiveness and ball speed on off center strikes. I was using the Nippon Modus 120x in both the 223 and 225. I am hoping weakening the 225s 1 degree give me a bit more spin and steeper landing angle for stopping power. I just don’t know how big of an impact weakening 1* will have on the 225s and don’t want them to balloon up on me. unfortunately the place I tried them couldn’t bend them to try out for myself.

Any advice or guidance?