2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New Mizuno MPs just announced! Mizuno Pro 221/223/225

Joey09

3 hours ago, halfsumo said:

My Fli Hi has been sitting in some place called Troutdale, Oregon for 4 days. Fedex is by far the worst shipper.

Must be on the same shipment as my new True shoes, last scan, Friday morning, Troutdale Oregon…..lol

• Sad 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

For those that have been contacting Mizuno about their orders, did you order directly through Mizuno? Or can you contact them directly even for an order from a retailer? This is for T22 wedges and not the pro line, but I placed an order through DD. Contacted them the day after ordering about making a grip change but was told it was too late and couldn't change anything. After 4 weeks, I asked DD if there were any updates since original quote was 3-4 weeks for them wedges. Was told they won't know anything but I'll get a shipping notification when they go out. Just curious if I could get any info going directly to Mizuno or not.

Edited by EagleThr33

2016 Taylormade M2 - 10.5°

Ping i20 15°

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro Blue 70g

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW w/ TT DG X100 Tour Issue

Mizuno T-22 50°

Mizuno T-22 54°

Mizuno T-22 58°

Odyssey Tour Black #9

51 minutes ago, EagleThr33 said:

For those that have been contacting Mizuno about their orders, did you order directly through Mizuno? Or can you contact them directly even for an order from a retailer? This is for T22 wedges and not the pro line, but I placed an order through DD. Contacted them the day after ordering about making a grip change but was told it was too late and couldn't change anything. After 4 weeks, I asked DD if there were any updates since original quote was 3-4 weeks for them wedges. Was told they won't know anything but I'll get a shipping notification when they go out. Just curious if I could get any info going directly to Mizuno or not.

Ive called Mizuno directly for orders through retailers several times. All I ever had was the receipt and maybe an order number can’t remember, my last call to them was probably a T20 or my MP20s. You should have enough details through whatever DD is.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, EagleThr33 said:

5 hours ago, capking said:

Ive called Mizuno directly for orders through retailers several times. All I ever had was the receipt and maybe an order number can’t remember, my last call to them was probably a T20 or my MP20s. You should have enough details through whatever DD is.

Similar experience here.

I ordered a set of 223 thru Club Champion and called Mizuno a couple weeks ago and they gave me details of my order. They should be able to help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like golf. A lot.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:04 PM, RacineBoxer said:

I went and spent some time with the 225's this weekend and I was surprised how small and trim they were. I remember reading a lot of worry warts commenting about their size, shape and offset. I'm a 4-5 hcp and I when I had them in my hand I was getting worried they were too much of a "players" shape for me. Offset looks less than t200, Apex or Apex Pro. I'm 90% sure I'm going to buy a set, because I think I can game them, but I was surprised by how svelte they are. 

It’s WRX! Even the smallest butter knife blades have too much offset, too wide a sole and too thick of a top line! 😆 

• Haha 1

This may be a UK based problem, but I got fitted for mine at end of December and ended up in the Project X 6.5. I asked the retailer to follow up last week and Mizuno then said "lucky you called, they went into build this morning and the PX has been discontinued". I've now chosen another shaft which is in stock but it's being placed like a new order meaning I'm at the back of the queue again and having to wait ~6 weeks as Mizuno won't prioritise it to it's previous place. Pretty frustrating...

• Sad 1

I don't get it with the 223, the jpx tour looks like it had a smaller topline and sole and was the most popular among tour players not in contract with some using their blades. I don't think they will be using the 223, most the clubs aren't their standard forging, little chunky topline and sole for mp line. The only thing it has is the heel to toe size looks proper. They need to be putting this iron in the jpx line instead, people going for MP line don't look for this stuff.

Give it the t100 topline and sole size, their standard forged metal on all the clubs and you have a winner. Not that hard.

• Like 2

Shows my 225’s being in hand Thursday per UPS 

Titleist TSR2 11 w/ 2024 Fujikura Ventus + Blue 6 

TaylorMade Qi10 16.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist TSR2 7 wood 21 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8 

PXG 0311X 18 w/ Graphite Design DI 95

PXG Gen 6 DC P's 5-GW w/ Fujikura Axiom 105

PXG SD2 56/60 Raw w/ LA Golf WV 115

Scotty Cameron 009 

Titleist ProV1X

Vessel Player IV

9 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

I don't get it with the 223, the jpx tour looks like it had a smaller topline and sole and was the most popular among tour players not in contract with some using their blades. I don't think they will be using the 223, most the clubs aren't their standard forging, little chunky topline and sole for mp line. The only thing it has is the heel to toe size looks proper. They need to be putting this iron in the jpx line instead, people going for MP line don't look for this stuff.

Give it the t100 topline and sole size, their standard forged metal on all the clubs and you have a winner. Not that hard.

I don’t understand how it doesn’t fit. The MMC has fit just fine in the MP series and this is filling that spot, albeit with a little new and welcome technology and a slightly smaller package. If you want an even thinner top line and sole then you want the 221 or the JPX Tour line…

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

49 minutes ago, wilkinson12 said:

This may be a UK based problem, but I got fitted for mine at end of December and ended up in the Project X 6.5. I asked the retailer to follow up last week and Mizuno then said "lucky you called, they went into build this morning and the PX has been discontinued". I've now chosen another shaft which is in stock but it's being placed like a new order meaning I'm at the back of the queue again and having to wait ~6 weeks as Mizuno won't prioritise it to it's previous place. Pretty frustrating...

The European launch has seemed so disorganised compared to the US. Mizuno were trying to clear all JPX921 December orders before Mizuno Pro builds started. Seems so bizarre to me that it's been nearly a week since the Launch and they hadn't even started the builds yet.

1 hour ago, wilkinson12 said:

Hopefully a UK thing I have the ProjectX LZ 6.0 - 223 on order a few weeks ago. Haven’t heard anything yet. I might give a call to Mizuno they have always been good and helped me out with whatever 

My 225s should be here next Monday. Which means someone is going to get a pretty good deal on my 919 HMPs but I’m keeping my 921 HMPs.  It’s a disease 😁

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

29 minutes ago, Mookie91 said:

My 225s should be here next Monday. Which means someone is going to get a pretty good deal on my 919 HMPs but I’m keeping my 921 HMPs.  It’s a disease 😁

Mookie,

When did you place your order?  Mine was on 1/28 and haven’t heard an ETA from Mizuno yet.  I’m concerned with any back orders on the Modus 120s or MCC+4 Aligns holding it up.  

12 minutes ago, Dekes421 said:

Mookie,

When did you place your order?  Mine was on 1/28 and haven’t heard an ETA from Mizuno yet.  I’m concerned with any back orders on the Modus 120s or MCC+4 Aligns holding it up.  

12/13

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

2 hours ago, ktyler2 said:

I don’t understand how it doesn’t fit. The MMC has fit just fine in the MP series and this is filling that spot, albeit with a little new and welcome technology and a slightly smaller package. If you want an even thinner top line and sole then you want the 221 or the JPX Tour line…

That is what I'm saying, I have to go to a blade or jpx tour line, lol. The jpx tour line is supposed to be more forgiving than mp line, it should have the thicker topline and sole vs mp.

The MMC was also never popular, you didn't see it in anyone's bag on tour but even that had a bit better topline and sole. It just had whacky titanium on the sweet spot of the  iron which was it's downfall among top players.

Edited by Redjeep83

3 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

That is what I'm saying, I have to go to a blade or jpx tour line, lol. The jpx tour line is supposed to be more forgiving than mp line, it should have the thicker topline and sole vs mp.

The MMC was also never popular, you didn't see it in anyone's bag on tour but even that had a bit better topline and sole. It just had whacky titanium on the iron which was it's downfall among top players.

Incorrect regarding the two lines, Mizuno uses the JPX to introduce technology (chromoly, boron, etc)  MP line is more traditional.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

The MMC was also never popular, you didn't see it in anyone's bag on tour but even that had a bit better topline and sole. It just had whacky titanium on the iron which was it's downfall among top players.

How many irons do you think they are designing for tour players? They are in business to sell golf clubs to the rest of us. I loved the '18 and '20 MMC's and I'm very much looking forward to the 223's. And the JPX Tour has never been more forgiving than the MMC, SC, or HMB's of the MP line. 

1 minute ago, kerila07 said:

Incorrect regarding the two lines, Mizuno uses the JPX to introduce technology (chromoly, boron, etc)  MP line is more traditional.  

This.

• Like 1

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

Anyone have a workaround for order status checking with phones and system being down at Mizuno ?

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

8 minutes ago, kerila07 said:

so exactly what I said, lol.

What does JPX stand for?

Answer: Japan Performance Extreme.

It was a name developed for the Japanese market as a way to introduce more aggressive, distance-driven, often cast irons to a different segment of the market.

After being introduced in Japan, in 2011 the JPX line replaced the previous MX line in North America (which dated back to 2002 with the T-Zoid MX20). The JPX brand offered solid performing game improvement clubs that introduced a lot of new golfers to the generally better player-focused Mizuno. From there, a year later came the JPX Pro line to offer Grain Flow Forged construction with a game improvement twist to help golfers who still wanted a forged club with a little extra forgiveness.

2 hours ago, Redjeep83 said:

They need to be putting this iron in the jpx line instead, people going for MP line don't look for this stuff.

... Having done a review of the MP59's on WRX and seeing the Pro 223s, they are pretty much an update of the MP 59's and absolutely fall more into the MP line than the JPX line and exactly what I would be looking for if I were in the market. 

• Like 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Having done a review of the MP59's on WRX and seeing the Pro 223s, they are pretty much an update of the MP 59's and absolutely fall more into the MP line than the JPX line and exactly what I would be looking for if I were in the market. 

MP59 did fall more into MP line but they also had the mp63 in the lineup as well for those players who wanted thinner toplines and soles without having to go with the blade.

223 does fall in mp line, it has a shorter heel to toe than jpx line so it is more players and traditional. However topline and sole is a little chunky and it's not their standard forging. IMO they need something in between the 221 and 223 like is more like the mp64 for example. Then you wouldn't have tour players going to the JPX tour line which is longer heel to toe and not as traditional looking that good players prefer.

19 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

MP59 did fall more into MP line but they also had the mp63 in the lineup as well for those players who wanted thinner toplines and soles without having to go with the blade.

223 does fall in mp line, it has a shorter heel to toe than jpx line so it is more players and traditional. However topline and sole is a little chunky and it's not their standard forging. IMO they need something in between the 221 and 223 like is more like the mp64 for example. Then you wouldn't have tour players going to the JPX tour line which is longer heel to toe and not as traditional looking that good players prefer.

... I respectfully disagree and evidently so does Mizuno. I played MP63's before the MP59's and in my opinion the 63's were every so slightly forgiving MB's and 59's a much different players CB. The amount of players willing to buy an iron like the 63's with the 921 Tours already available are obviously too small to be economically viable. If there were a market for a modern 63, I think Mizuno would have produced them. 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

14 hours ago, EagleThr33 said:

Funny I'm having a similar issue. 2 T22 wedges ordered  and it's been over 5 weeks now. DD says Mizuno phones are down? I'm still waiting. No clue as to when or why...although DD has never told me I couldn't make a change to the order in a reasonable amount of time and they always get back to me with some sort of answer. Though this time seems more sus than ever.

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I respectfully disagree and evidently so does Mizuno. I played MP63's before the MP59's and in my opinion the 63's were every so slightly forgiving MB's and 59's a much different players CB. The amount of players willing to buy an iron like the 63's with the 921 Tours already available are obviously too small to be economically viable. If there were a market for a modern 63, I think Mizuno would have produced them. 

Absolutely spot on.

I will take to my grave that the MP64 is the greatest Mizuno iron of all time but I am not sitting here thinking "man, these are so much different than what they currently offer, they need to recreate something just like them"

I slid over to the 919 Tours and was perfectly happy.

The lines are blended, though. I still dont fully understand them. The Tour line to me has never really had any new tech (like its supposed to being in the JPX line) in them and they have been relatively the same for what, 3 different iterations now?

• Like 2

I like golf. A lot.

2 minutes ago, balladm said:

Funny I'm having a similar issue. 2 T22 wedges ordered  and it's been over 5 weeks now. DD says Mizuno phones are down? I'm still waiting. No clue as to when or why...although DD has never told me I couldn't make a change to the order in a reasonable amount of time and they always get back to me with some sort of answer. Though this time seems more sus than ever.

Mizuno has had a system outage for the entire day. If you go to their contact us page, nothing loads and theres an alert on the top of the page stating they are having outages.

If you call their customer service line, it doesnt even ring.

• Like 1

I like golf. A lot.

1 hour ago, JourdanM said:

Anyone have a workaround for order status checking with phones and system being down at Mizuno ?

Wait until tomorrow?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

6 minutes ago, SwingMan said:

Wait until tomorrow?

Come on man you know that isn't an option! it's February in Michigan, I have nothing better to do. 

• Haha 2

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X