2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New Mizuno MPs just announced! Mizuno Pro 221/223/225

Joey09

1 hour ago, Micrys2 said:

So was over on the Mizuno site and was fooling around with the 223 order page. Clicked on right hand button and it said “out of stock”.  Is this because it is still prerelease, or is there going to be a wait now for orders?

It looks like they just haven't yet activated the direct purchase option on their website, not that the clubs are truly out of stock. My guess is they are focusing on filling all the pre-orders from pro shops, retailers and builders and will eventually activate their Mizuno-direct options in the coming weeks. 

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

4 hours ago, golf9596 said:

KBS $-Tapper and the Blue/Bl Decade

Glad to hear that it’s the Blue Decade. Someone Please tell me you know this is accurate and not impacting the grey?. I know all decade MCC4 grips were in short supply a year ago so I just kinda assumed they were all an issue.  

I emailed to check on my order today and am waiting to hear back…

57 minutes ago, JZ75 said:

Glad to hear that it’s the Blue Decade. Someone Please tell me you know this is accurate and not impacting the grey?. I know all decade MCC4 grips were in short supply a year ago so I just kinda assumed they were all an issue.  

I emailed to check on my order today and am waiting to hear back…

I ordered mine with the Blue/White MCC Teams(standard size) and it's currently out of stock on Golf Pride website & GG.  I hope my choice of grip's not going to delay my order.  I don't even know about the shaft(Nippon 120 S).

1 minute ago, KickGolfer said:

I ordered mine with the Blue/White MCC Teams(standard size) and it's currently out of stock on Golf Pride website & GG.  I hope my choice of grip's not going to delay my order.  I don't even know about the shaft(Nippon 120 S).

I've had the same concern. I ordered custom on 12/10 with Cp2 Pro jumbo grips, which are in generally in short supply, but I called a month ago about this and they said it would not delay my build. 

In the future, I hope companies find a more seamless way to keep customers aware of what's going on. Not ragging on Mizuno here -- they're, um, better than most -- but it seems like there's an opportunity here for OEMs to take another leap forward with these systems. 

59 minutes ago, KickGolfer said:

Got my order in for the MMC grips plus 4. 223 irons ProjectX LZ can’t wait. To much speculation out there on what Is out of stock and what people think. I am a positive thinker and clubs will be shipped just fine 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, over7par said:

Ordered my 225s on 12/9 with the IO 6.0 and MCC+4 Blue grips. My pro checked on them a couple days ago and said they're in line for production next week for shipping the following week. Was hoping I'd have them earlier of course, but I'm glad that it seems like Mizuno played the delay game pretty well in being able to get everyone's new sticks out to them right at or pretty soon after release date.

Love seeing everyone's new sets though!

waiting on my 225’s as well, hopefully this week! 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 11 w/ 2024 Fujikura Ventus + Blue 6 

TaylorMade Qi10 16.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist TSR2 7 wood 21 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8 

PXG 0311X 18 w/ Graphite Design DI 95

PXG Gen 6 DC P's 5-GW w/ Fujikura Axiom 105

PXG SD2 56/60 Raw w/ LA Golf WV 115

Scotty Cameron 009 

Titleist ProV1X

Vessel Player IV

Spoke with Mizuno regarding my order recently they said my order should be here this upcoming week as it will be the 4th week from when the order was placed (1/11). They said this applies to everyone for those who haven't received their irons yet. Ordered 225's 4-PW with KBS Tour shafts can't wait to get them. They also said it's calm down now in the shop so all of us still waiting should be getting ours very soon as they seem to have pumped out a majority of them. Wish I found this thread earlier on, I would've requested the blue icon ferrules in a heartbeat If I knew we can get them. 😞 

• Like 2

225s arrived this morning! [Custom order on 12/10 = 5-Gw, PX 6.0, CP2 Grips].

Build looks perfect. They put CP2 wrap grips on instead of CP2 pro, but I think I indicated I didn't want production delayed if the Pro grips were out of stock, so no biggie.

Surprised (pleasantly) by how blade-like they are. The PW and GW look fantastic. Fatter sole than my MP-20 blades, but with trailing-relief grind making them functionally similar. 

The only downside is that I bruised my ribs playing basketball this morning, so I might have to just stare at these for a week until I heal up. 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uglande said:

225s arrived this morning! [Custom order on 12/10 = 5-Gw, PX 6.0, CP2 Grips].

Build looks perfect. They put CP2 wrap grips on instead of CP2 pro, but I think I indicated I didn't want production delayed if the Pro grips were out of stock, so no biggie.

Surprised (pleasantly) by how blade-like they are. The PW and GW look fantastic. Fatter sole than my MP-20 blades, but with trailing-relief grind making them functionally similar. 

The only downside is that I bruised my ribs playing basketball this morning, so I might have to just stare at these for a week until I heal up. 😄

I went and spent some time with the 225's this weekend and I was surprised how small and trim they were. I remember reading a lot of worry warts commenting about their size, shape and offset. I'm a 4-5 hcp and I when I had them in my hand I was getting worried they were too much of a "players" shape for me. Offset looks less than t200, Apex or Apex Pro. I'm 90% sure I'm going to buy a set, because I think I can game them, but I was surprised by how svelte they are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RacineBoxer said:

I went and spent some time with the 225's this weekend and I was surprised how small and trim they were. I remember reading a lot of worry warts commenting about their size, shape and offset. I'm a 4-5 hcp and I when I had them in my hand I was getting worried they were too much of a "players" shape for me. Offset looks less than t200, Apex or Apex Pro. I'm 90% sure I'm going to buy a set, because I think I can game them, but I was surprised by how svelte they are. 

At a 4 cap you can easily play the 221’s, unless you’re carrying a vanity cap.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

At a 4 cap you can easily play the 221’s, unless you’re carrying a vanity cap.

I've been playing Ping G series irons for about 12 years (G15, G400 now G425). I went all in on the ideas of just wanting to hit it high and straight, no "working" of the ball (same shape every shot), aiming at the middle of the green (I'll chase flags inside 130), etc... With Ping seems people either love them or hate them. The G425's were the first for me to complain about the feel. IMO as Ping as made the clubs more hollow/open, thinner faces, toe screw, etc the feel has gotten worse. Coming from the G425's you can probably see where there is a smidge of discomfort for me. However, I think after 1-2 weeks of practice I'll covert right over. 

P.S. I only swing 7 iron about 85mph, I can be a little steep with a left to right ball flight (so plenty of spin). I don't think anyone could talk me into playing the 221's. The yardage drop off would be too much for my ego vs my buddies. 

Edited by RacineBoxer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RacineBoxer said:

I've been playing Ping G series irons for about 12 years (G15, G400 now G425). I went all in on the ideas of just wanting to hit it high and straight, no "working" of the ball (same shape every shot), aiming at the middle of the green (I'll chase flags inside 130), etc... With Ping seems people either love them or hate them. The G425's were the first for me to complain about the feel. IMO as Ping as made the clubs more hollow/open, thinner faces, toe screw, etc the feel has gotten worse. Coming from the G425's you can probably see where there is a smidge of discomfort for me. However, I think after 1-2 weeks of practice I'll covert right over. 

P.S. I only swing 7 iron about 85mph, I can be a little steep with a left to right ball flight (so plenty of spin). I don't think anyone could talk me into playing the 221's. The yardage drop off would be too much for my ego vs my buddies. 

I dont know what Cupcake is talking about with the 4 handicap easily playing 221s.

I float between scratch and 2 and I have NEVER played blades. I play in a league with a guy who is about a 10 handicap who has played nothing but blades his whole life.

Everyone plays golf different, everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like golf. A lot.

2 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

I dont know what Cupcake is talking about with the 4 handicap easily playing 221s.

I float between scratch and 2 and I have NEVER played blades. I play in a league with a guy who is about a 10 handicap who has played nothing but blades his whole life.

Everyone plays golf different, everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

I’m saying that at that cap anyone can play them - if your anything under a 6 it shouldn’t be a problem.

Will it expose your weaknesses, maybe?

Maybe you’d get your cap to + if you swapped to blades, who knows? 

Personally I improved 2.5 shots going to blades, last year and my scoring average went to 71.4 from 74 over an 8-week period, so yes it’s possible.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, From_Parts_Unknown said:

Why does he keep talking about looking up the club "stats" with the serial number?  Do these irons have Arccos or ShotLink built into the heads?  That sounds pretty cool.

That would be pretty cool, but I think he means the specs of that particular build from the factory. Loft, length, lie, probably shaft, grip etc.

• Like 1

I like golf. A lot.

3 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

... Funny I am a + index and getting ready to sell my Z Forged MBs because they are just too penal on slight mishits compared to my King Tour irons. This is a recurring theme on this forum only, as most everywhere else in the world would say playing MB's is for the very elite players on tour. This of course has nothing to do with playing MB's just because you love playing them which is as good a reason as any but these thoughts have been beaten like an entire herd of dead horses. 

... Otoh back to this thread the 225's are the best looking hollow headed players distance irons I have seen so far. Cobra Forged Tec looks good in pictures too but I will have to wait til I see the in person.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, From_Parts_Unknown said:

Why does he keep talking about looking up the club "stats" with the serial number?  Do these irons have Arccos or ShotLink built into the heads?  That sounds pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure he meant specs. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

On 2/5/2022 at 4:46 PM, lefty1978 said:

Here's a video for the Mizuno fans out there, a tour of the Mizuno factory..

This was awesome. Thank you for sharing.

WOODS: Taylormade Qi10 LS 9* - Ventus Black 7X; 3W: Taylormade M2

IRONS: Mizuno Pro 225 GW-4i ProjectX 6.5,

WEDGES: Vokey SM9 52*,  Mizuno T20 56*, Vokey SM9 60*,

PUTTER: Mizuno M-Craft VI 38"

On 2/6/2022 at 9:36 AM, LafFord said:

waiting on my 225’s as well, hopefully this week! 

I ordered mine just before Christmas and am still waiting... They originally estimated a ship date of 2-4-22. Hope yours arrive soon.

WOODS: Taylormade Qi10 LS 9* - Ventus Black 7X; 3W: Taylormade M2

IRONS: Mizuno Pro 225 GW-4i ProjectX 6.5,

WEDGES: Vokey SM9 52*,  Mizuno T20 56*, Vokey SM9 60*,

PUTTER: Mizuno M-Craft VI 38"

My Fli Hi has been sitting in some place called Troutdale, Oregon for 4 days. Fedex is by far the worst shipper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

My Fli Hi has been sitting in some place called Troutdale, Oregon for 4 days. Fedex is by far the worst shipper.

If you think that is bad, just know for my work, we had hardware shipping from SoCal headed to Europe as priority shipping... the package ended up in Buenos Aires, AR, then had to reroute to Brazil before coming back to TN to the FedEx hub, then finally arriving in Europe. Absolute nightmare lol

What specs did you order with that Fli-Hi? I'm looking to get one.

Edited by stevechooster

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

I got 3 flihi with Tensei Pro White 90TX (no upcharge on that btw). I am generally standard Mizuno lie which is flatter than most OEMs. It is mostly a "for fun" club since I hit the ball low already. I have the Titleist u505 in same specs, but don't love it and the black finish is a must try for me on the Mizuno. 

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Ha. I was just commenting another thread that I live near Troutdale and my items are guaranteed to be delayed when going through there. They will always be out for delivery and then never make it my place that day. Always takes another day or two. I've never had 4 extra days though!

1 hour ago, ernotte said:

Ha. I was just commenting another thread that I live near Troutdale and my items are guaranteed to be delayed when going through there. They will always be out for delivery and then never make it my place that day. Always takes another day or two. I've never had 4 extra days though!

I’m experiencing the same with any package being delivered by FEDex in Seattle market.  Makes it across the country in 3-4 days, takes an additional 1-10 days to make it from the local hub to my door