2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

Would love to get some feedback from other testers about any adjustments they make for the Mezz that differ from their standard setup/stroke with other putters? I always have setup my putts with the ball pretty close to my forward heel, so I wasnt expecting to change that much. But I feel like there is a piece of the puzzle of this putter that I just might not be understanding

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

14 minutes ago, xandersingh said:

Would love to get some feedback from other testers about any adjustments they make for the Mezz that differ from their standard setup/stroke with other putters? I always have setup my putts with the ball pretty close to my forward heel, so I wasnt expecting to change that much. But I feel like there is a piece of the puzzle of this putter that I just might not be understanding

Same questions here. I’m interested in this putter and am wondering if noticeable changes in my current setup, stroke, distance control, etc. are needed. 

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - GW….+3.5”

Cleveland Smart Sole GW, SW

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

1 hour ago, mshills said:

Same questions here. I’m interested in this putter and am wondering if noticeable changes in my current setup, stroke, distance control, etc. are needed. 

I’m not sure what stroke you all currently put on the ball but I would think it requires some change.

It is much more a SBST putter. It’s hard to release this putter like a typical blade or even a putter that has a traditional neck of any kind.

It’s hard to get this thing out of square period. Even in the follow through. Which is pretty awesome just takes a while to get used to.

FWIW I use a left hand low grip.

1 hour ago, xandersingh said:

1 hour ago, mshills said:

Great questions

I had the same questions when I first received my Directed Force. It has the forward lean and yet the putter grip is vertical. Back then, I fiddled with it with various ball positions - ball in the middle, ball back etc. However, Bill Presse IV (inventor of the lie angle balance putter) released this 2017 video and eventhough we are talking 2021 Mezz.1, the same principal applies as Mezz.1 & Directed Force share similar design principals (forward shaft lean built in & a vertical grip with minor differences in angles & ball forward position):

One other note, I am left eye dominant and this ball position - technically the shaft meets the putter is directly under the belt buckle, is my Bible. For me, the tinkerer in me was put to bed as I found and confirmed this was optimal.

I've had other golfer buddies who are right eye dominant putt with my DF and they felt very comfortable.

Hope this helps

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

3 hours ago, xandersingh said:

Im still experimenting with the Mezz.1 but i know with the DF 2.1 I had to move my ball position from center with traditional out to my front toe with the DF. Both the DF and mezz.1 really seem to sit open to my eye if ball is centered. I think a big part of why this is, is because it has the shaft lean/forward  press already built in. The other big change that needs to happen with a torque-less putter, is learning to not try to manipulate with the hands. Like the “revealer” showcased, you are to just let the club swing itself, be as light with your hands as possible.  It can be a hard thing to learn because we are so used to manipulating a traditional putter with torque. After a lot  of practice, it really pays off. I dont see how its possible to use a LAB and switch back and forth with a traditional putter successfully, but thats just my two cents. To me, you have to be all in or not at all.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Im still experimenting with the Mezz.1 but i know with the DF 2.1 I had to move my ball position from center with traditional out to my front toe with the DF. Both the DF and mezz.1 really seem to sit open to my eye if ball is centered. I think a big part of why this is, is because it has the shaft lean/forward  press already built in. The other big change that needs to happen with a torque-less putter, is learning to not try to manipulate with the hands. Like the “revealer” showcased, you are to just let the club swing itself, be as light with your hands as possible.  It can be a hard thing to learn because we are so used to manipulating a traditional putter with torque. After a lot  of practice, it really pays off. I dont see how its possible to use a LAB and switch back and forth with a traditional putter successfully, but thats just my two cents. To me, you have to be all in or not at all.

Ya I’m definitely gonna have to put in some time to make it work for me. Since I’ve always putter with a pop stroke, I use my hands a ton to throw the putter head at the ball in my stroke. Will be a fun adventure into switch things up!

Driver Taylormade Qi10

45 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Exactly!

That's my experience as well. For fun, take an Anser style putter and roll some putts and you can immediately feel it twist. Your next reaction is to compensate for it with a tighter grip.

Edited by SwingBlues

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

Sepulveda basin - Balboa Golf Course 1/1/2022 - First round of golf with Mezz.1

It was New Years Day, sun was out but it was a little chilly around 60* with a slight northerly breeze to add to the chill. For us Southern Californian, that's ICE weather 😂

We had a huge winter storm that dumped a ton of rain during the week. The golf course had no electric carts or pull carts, the range was also closed. Ah, what a great start to the New Year.

Aside from the range session on Friday at Moorpark, I've not golfed for 3 weeks since I was spending time snowboarding at Mammoth Mountain before Christmas. On top of that the last run on a blizzard Mammoth mountain DUMP was to perform an Olympic Golf Medal winning inverted, twisty big air trick when my snowboard hit a hidden root that flipped me. As a result my left shoulder slamming into ice. At that time, I felt like I dislocated it but luckily, by the Grace of God, I was OK.

A bit bruised & swollen and nursing my left shoulder all week with the Theragun, massage, ice and Aleve.

So, having the range closed that morning was not a good, really wanted to see how my shoulder fared. As such, I spent the otherwise range time, having a really good warm up with the Mezz.1

One of my playing buddies, Gary, tried the Mezz.1. He uses a mallet putter anyway and he's a great putter. His comments were that it was a nice looking shape. The balls he rolled was straight and had good distance control. He said it felt good.746434466_2022-01-0110_08_14.jpg.a5b27a98dfa6e23dde992bb423befff0.jpg

Balboa GC fairways were muddy but the greens were really pleasantly nice. Not superfast but not furry slow either and it was consistent in speed. Personally, I think Balboa along with the sister course, Encino, has the best greens in the LA City basin courses. Never had a slow putting day there and for the traffic these courses get, the greens are pretty sturdy & hardy. Today Balboa was soft but still had decent speed.

My golf was ok that day. The Single Plane Swing was working well. My rust shots were the 140 and in. Those shots typically setup my birdies on this course. Chipping was hot & cold...but I have to say, putting was SURPRISINGLY CONSISTENT.

Overall, I had a lot fun with the Mezz.1. I think putting saved a lot of Pars. For instance, the 11th is a driveable Par 4 at around 305 yards that day. I push my drive right, squeeze a 6 iron low shot 2nd between the trees. Ball ended up short of green, next to the right green bunker, 25 feet away from Pin. Chipped to 5 feet below the hole and MEZZed it for a hard saved Par. That was a definitely a memorable, fun, hole - well, I put myself in that position... 😜

This is the 3rd hole, Par 5. Putting for a bird. No Buenos, just a tap in Par.

24710925_2022-01-0111_05_50.jpg.3e9221faa3c58db247d4733c46e00685.jpg

This is the 4th hole, a Par 3 playing at 210 that day. Ball on green in regulation but missed the 25 feet putt...I'll take Par here any day. Tough hole for me any day.

1733323028_2022-01-0111_16.05-1_V2.jpg.97c5bc049fc97648bed01b16591039dd.jpg

This is the 16th, a Par 4. Pitched my 2nd to 18 feet below the hole. This green was SOFT. Again, had the distance but a little break at the end & the bird flew away.

16th.jpg.7266f1b11813d6ce6088faa5d56582c4.jpg

Overall, a little rusty golf but 28 putts for the day.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS

Thinking back, I was definitely impressed by how this putter helped me control distance. I was expected at least 2 or 3 three putts during the round but that never happened. Not even close.

Aiming was easy with Mezz.1, smaller head. BUT I do miss the extrovert alignment lines in my Directed Force. I still don't like the graphics and white lines on the grip but I'll do something about it later this week.

I didn't finish with any birds, had more than a handful of chances so this is not a "WOW, I GOT # number of birdies - this putter is PERMANENTLY in the Bag". However, saving Par is just a big a deal as birdies and I think sometimes we forget that.

The only thing I could not test was putting the Mezz.1 from off the green. I didn't see any situation where I could apply that as unfortunately, most of the greens had a severe dip ringing the green so I would have to figure out the compensation to the line - better to use my 9 iron to chip it over the dip and get the ball rolling.

Mezz.1 was a LOT OF FUN to putt with that day. More than I expected.

PS Here's the Mezz.1 in my Gamer Bag. Yes, that's Pink Panther & the Coca Cola Bear headcovers 😂

2022-01-01 09.13.58.jpg

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Still no work on the course yet.  Unfortunately, we are also supposed to get up to 8" of snow overnight into tomorrow.  So it looks like more putting on the mat for me for a while.  

I've still noticed two particularly good things with this putter, even just on the mat.  

1. The ball does NOT skid off the face. 
  2. No loss of distance with putts off the toe or heel.  (well it's a mat, but still)

The lack of skidding & getting the ball rolling end over end very early in the putt is something that I like to see.  A lot of my putts with my Scotty tend to bounce early in the putt.  I attribute this a lot to the 4* of loft, while the MEZZ is 2.5*.  If I were to see my numbers on my putting stroke, I'm sure it would say the I typically increase loft at impact.  So the loft plus the grip (forward press) are really going to help.  I had mentioned this to the guys at LAB Golf while the club was being built & they assured me that every putter is made with 2.5* of loft. 

The misses with my Scotty tend to always be when I hit it off the heel.  They end up short & left most of the time.  What I like so far is that the number of putts I'm hitting on the mat purposely off the toe & heel are really not losing distance.  I also putt along the carpet to an alignment stick that is about 15 feet away.  Trying to get as close to it as possible or no more than 6" passed it.  10 balls with Scotty & 10 balls with MEZZ, purposely hitting off the toe & heel with both.  The loss of distance was noticeable with the Scotty while the MEZZ was much more consistent.  

I hope to get these tests done outside very soon.  Very frustrating not being able to get out when you're anxious to test new products.  

To be continued ... 

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

First round in today.  31 putts, but it was worse than that sounds.  Not having a feel for it cost me at least 4 shots, maybe 5.  Speed control was a problem and not really having a good feel of the putter head.

It rolls so smooth and a bit hot off the face.  I like to putt on the aggressive side, so this means I'm going to need a few more rounds at least to dial in; especially on downhill putts.

And then there is the stroke itself.  It's much more a straight back / straight through.  At least in feel, but the video doesn't show that necessarily to be the case.  But it definitely feels more upright at address which is odd given the putter setup is based on a fitting.  Maybe it's the grip.

It's only been one round, so we will see after some adjustments.  It's really important to get to the point where I'm not thinking of anything but the line and getting a good roll on the ball on my start line.  I think it's in there somewhere with this putter.

Edited by CasualLie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Exactly!

That's my experience as well. For fun, take an Anser style putter and roll some putts and you can immediately feel it twist. Your next reaction is to compensate for it with a tighter grip.

When I was testing the Mezz with the Perfect Putter aid I was also playing with ball position.  To me I didn’t have to put it as far forward as the 2.1. When I did the Mezz seemed closed to my eye and I was missing it left.  Almost like a pull but I moved it back about a ball from where I play the 2.1 and it worked very well.  I also use the line on the grip.  Seems to help me not forward press.  

• Like 1

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Proxima 6X

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Mini Driver 13.5*- Ventus TR Blue 7TX

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

L.A.B. Mezz Putter Review

Before I dive into my review of the Mezz I want to quickly offer a big THANK YOU to the team at GolfWRX and LAB.  I've been a big fan of the DF2.1 that I've had in my bag and the engagement and customer service is top shelf.

For a little perspective, I've had the L.A.B. DF 2.1 in my bag for about a year now and I've truly never putted the ball so well in my life.  I went back through my Grint putting stats and from what I can see my average putts/round went down from around 33-34 to 32.  That's a big deal and I've seen the direct impact in my handicap, as well.  The biggest things I immediately noticed when I put the LAB putter in my bag was 1) confidence over the ball, 2) super consistent distance control and 3) significantly improved lag putting.  5 footers became second nature.  I found myself converting more birdie opportunities.  And if I was out of position on the green I didn't have to over-think running the ball up to the hole.  I hate the cliche of a "point and shoot" but truthfully that's what the DF 2.1 has felt like since day one.  All that being said, the technology behind the LAB putter is absolutely real.

Initial Impressions

- Love the compact head on the Mezz compared to the DF2.1

- I still get a lot of comments from folks on the course regarding my DF2.1 putter -- "I didn't realize Star Fleet made putters AND spaceships too" or "I left my bottle opener at home.  Can I borrow your putter?"

- Having never been much of a "fang" head shape fan it took me a bit to get used to the Mezz setting up to the ball

- Once I got some time on the putting mat I started to really get into a groove on the set up and now it feels a little more natural

- The Mezz feels a bit more head heavy compred to the DF2.1 but I also wonder if the lighter grip in the Mezz isn't counterbalancing as much as the bigger grip on the DF2.1

- The club face has a tiny bit more depth but has about 30% less width.  I felt like the width was a bit more like a traditional putter that most folks are used to.

Feel/Sound

- Disclaimer: This area of the review is totally subjective so take this with a grain of salt

- Initially I was getting a bit of a "ting" on impact with the Mezz.  Not like an old school Ping putter, per se, but it was definitely a descernable noise compared to the more muted sound on the DF2.1.  After having spent a few days rolling it the sound isn't noticable any longer.  It certainly wasn't a distraction or unpleasant by any means.  Just a different sound compared to the DF2.1 that I've been gaming.

- Feel off the face is much more solid.  I'd say the DF2.1 has always had a lighter and sometimes a tad hollow feel on impact but still soft.  The Mezz maintains that similar soft sensation but I can definitely feel more mass directly on impact, which gives it the more firm feel.

Performance

- I'll definitely be doing more of a deep dive once the weather allows me to get out on the course and the practice green.  More to come, in terms of performance data.

- In terms of my initial reaction I think the more compact face width has potentially reduced forgiveness but I don't want to jump to that conclusion without more work on the course.  There were a few strikes on the toe where I definitely felt the head turn and I could see that the ball was offline a tiny bit.  Again, we'll see if this rears it's head when I get some time on the course and start to collect more data.

- The smaller grip is taking some time to adjust to, as I'm used to the larger LAB 3 grip.  I'm going to stick with the 1.5 for now and see if I can get dialed in with the feel.

Pros / Cons (thus far)...

Pros:

- Love the more compact head shape

- Doesn't take up nearly as much real estate in the golf bag compared to the DF 2.1

- Feel is great; exactly what I hoped for when I found out I was going to be testing this putter

- Super unique head shape loaded with technology to simply make putting easier

Cons:

- There's quite a bit of "extra" material in the head cover that the "fangs" snag while putting it back on.  The LAB team did send out an email stating that the head covers didn't come out as expected and offered a discounted price for a replacement cover.  Again, fantastic customer service!  Admittedly, this isn't a big issue for me but it's something to call out on the negative side.

Much, much more to come as I get time with this putter on the course.

A few pictures for reference...

IMG_9160.jpg.01f55aa5940dc4e3904d6935fe4b4de7.jpg

IMG_9161.jpg.f84fb00e33dc50114ff72f3b9a83c31a.jpg

IMG_9162.jpg.02b5171996dc8201f5f5b5bc9ed80824.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg.8f546f964ddeafbdef561e8609882587.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg.74525c12684ffccd7e4f3f00bbb65309.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg.151d232493e614edc7852f8eadeab904.jpg

IMG_9166.jpg.d7a835e733a4ef58c3d44f19d9a2c6a2.jpg

IMG_9168.jpg.1e5f0dd1e58cd42cf763282331c5b3be.jpg

IMG_9169.jpg.0409f511cca726df33320d53682fd63c.jpg

IMG_9171.jpg.6195f6291dbf65759f86b926bca6a9ba.jpg

Edited by Orange Hog
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 8:45 AM, xandersingh said:

What are you struggling with specifically as far as results?

13 hours ago, CasualLie said:

First round in today.  31 putts, but it was worse than that sounds.  Not having a feel for it cost me at least 4 shots, maybe 5.  Speed control was a problem and not really having a good feel of the putter head.

It rolls so smooth and a bit hot off the face.  I like to putt on the aggressive side, so this means I'm going to need a few more rounds at least to dial in; especially on downhill putts.

And then there is the stroke itself.  It's much more a straight back / straight through.  At least in feel, but the video doesn't show that necessarily to be the case.  But it definitely feels more upright at address which is odd given the putter setup is based on a fitting.  Maybe it's the grip.

It's only been one round, so we will see after some adjustments.  It's really important to get to the point where I'm not thinking of anything but the line and getting a good roll on the ball on my start line.  I think it's in there somewhere with this putter.

Message me with your number. would love to hear more about your struggles

4 hours ago, labgolf said:

What are you struggling with specifically as far as results?

Just speed and distance control really. Everything starts on my line though!

• Like 1

Driver Taylormade Qi10

Comparison of the Mezz.1 and Directed Force - Ball Positions

Earlier I posted a YouTube from Bill Presse IV discussing the recommended ball position for the DIrected Force putter (back in 2017) - with the point where the shaft meets the head to be directly under your belt buckle (middle).

I use the same method to setup on the Mezz.1 but I wanted to show the ball is slightly back on the Mezz.1 compared to the Directed Force. See the pictures below where I line the shafts up:

1854406767_2022-01-0313_49_50.jpg.fcc3e0e920c244d816170e833bf3ecbc.jpg

2107082135_2022-01-0313_51_38.jpg.0bd27482a0c73608f47c54ab7fa659f7.jpg

If I didn't line both putters up next to each other, most people would not have known. As well, it looks like it's about 1/3 ball difference at most.

Now, does it make any real world rolling difference? From what I felt & saw, nope. Both putters rolled great on the greens. Also I am done with tinkering with the putter positions as what I learnt in 2018 before finding Bill's SAGE video, it really messed up my putting and cost me strokes. I was pulling and pushing the ball and it didn't help that the putter had forward lean built in which added another wrench into the mess. 

Once I middled like like Bill suggest - WALLAH, fixed my problems. I'll do the same here with Mezz.1 and if I am wrong, I am consistently wrong on both putters 😁

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Comparison of the Mezz.1 and Directed Force - Ball Positions

Earlier I posted a YouTube from Bill Presse IV discussing the recommended ball position for the DIrected Force putter (back in 2017) - with the point where the shaft meets the head to be directly under your belt buckle (middle).

I use the same method to setup on the Mezz.1 but I wanted to show the ball is slightly back on the Mezz.1 compared to the Directed Force. See the pictures below where I line the shafts up:

1854406767_2022-01-0313_49_50.jpg.fcc3e0e920c244d816170e833bf3ecbc.jpg

2107082135_2022-01-0313_51_38.jpg.0bd27482a0c73608f47c54ab7fa659f7.jpg

If I didn't line both putters up next to each other, most people would not have known. As well, it looks like it's about 1/3 ball difference at most.

Now, does it make any real world rolling difference? From what I felt & saw, nope. Both putters rolled great on the greens. Also I am done with tinkering with the putter positions as what I learnt in 2018 before finding Bill's SAGE video, it really messed up my putting and cost me strokes. I was pulling and pushing the ball and it didn't help that the putter had forward lean built in which added another wrench into the mess. 

Once I middled like like Bill suggest - WALLAH, fixed my problems. I'll do the same here with Mezz.1 and if I am wrong, I am consistently wrong on both putters 😁

Only issue I had when I put the ball up as far as I’m used to with the 2.1 was that I seemed to pull the putts more and the face looked closed to my eye.  I’ve stated previously that I was not fit for the 2.1 but was for the Mezz so it could be due to my eye line changing.  So I did see some issues with the ball more forward.  I had the Mezz about a 1/2 to full ball back of normal but everyone will have to play around with it to find what works.  It just seems that moving too far forward is not recommended and certainly was a problem for me missing left.  

• Like 1

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Proxima 6X

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Mini Driver 13.5*- Ventus TR Blue 7TX

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

3 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Its a bit strange, when flushed, its a nice muted thid. When mishit you get a tingy sound.

I think this is generally true, but I suspect you really have to flush it dead center to get that muted sound; not only dead center horizontally, but vertically as well.  I have hit several putts that had to be center or the ball is not going in from 6 feet on a straight putt, and still got that tingy sound.

I am curious why the metal plate on top anyways?  To secure the shaft better?  I would prefer it to be made of a material or perhaps glued differently so it does not make that tingy sound.  Although, it reminds me of the sound from the slot on a Newport Beach, so it is not necessarily a bad thing.

I've found that just remembering to place the shaft in my stance & not the ball has been the ticket.  It doesn't look too far forward to me.  We shall see once I get on the greens 

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

3 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

I think this is generally true, but I suspect you really have to flush it dead center to get that muted sound; not only dead center horizontally, but vertically as well.  I have hit several putts that had to be center or the ball is not going in from 6 feet on a straight putt, and still got that tingy sound.

I am curious why the metal plate on top anyways?  To secure the shaft better?  I would prefer it to be made of a material or perhaps glued differently so it does not make that tingy sound.  Although, it reminds me of the sound from the slot on a Newport Beach, so it is not necessarily a bad thing.

The tingy sound is likely just from being made from aluminum. Dont quote me but i think the center part on the mezz is stainless, maybe to help with feel and sound… 🤷‍♂️

Quick update after my second round with the Mezz. I spent a good 30 minutes on the putting green before the round and was still struggling with speed and distance control. First 9 holes were really tough. Then on the back 9 something clicked. I had realized I was so focused on doing something different with my putting to accommodate  the 'newness' of the Mezz, that I was just completely lost in my head about it. On the back 9 I decided to just go with my natural feels, and treat it like any other putter i've had. I found WAY more success. My speed improved greatly and i wasnt sacrificing any of the directional control I've gained with the Mezz. I think I'm just going to steadily and slowly improve with it until it beats out my other gamers. I have a big test with it on friday at Rustic Canyon in SOCAL. The greens there are really difficult to read and pretty quick. I always have a tough time putting there, so i'm looking forward to seeing how the Mezz performs for me!

• Like 3

Driver Taylormade Qi10

2 hours ago, CasualLie said:

From an engineering perspective, they can manufacture the main body of the Mezz to fit every lie angle and the center section where the shaft is installed is a separate piece.  That would cut costs.  They probably mass produce the center sections with different lie angles drilled as different models and assemble them.  I can see that the center, shaft section is attached to the main body with some screws from beneath.

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1