2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2022 LPGA Season Odds and Ends

Argonne69

On 3/14/2022 at 5:45 AM, Golf Dino said:

Blood clots are a serious business - at any age.  Clots occur from hard knocks and bruises, to cuts, scrapes, etc.   A few years back, I had surgery where the surgeon knicked an artery leading to clotting.  5 clots formed in the right leg, in the knee area (DVT - Deep Vein Thrombosis), while another circulated through the heart (missing the valves) and into my upper right lung (known as Pulmonary Embolism).  They are all life threatening events -- the clot could have rendered the lung dysfunctional in that the blood/oxygen could have been impeded or the lung simply stops functioning.

Of course, clots that make it to the brain area is a stroke.  Clots in extremities such as arms and legs are equally concerning as it impairs blood circulation and that poses risk to muscle and limb damage.  Severe cases may lead to amputation.   The normal course of treatment is a form of blood thinners to dissolve the clots, but that takes time.

For more information about the severity of clots check out the link below: 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/thrombosis 

As for Nelly, the body's clotting factors can very much be genetic . . .

Sounds like a very long healing process. I hope you're 💯 percent recovered. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

PSA -- featuring two LPGA Players and best friends (Pajaree Anannarukarn & Atthaya Thitikul).  @Supermilo should be quite happy as Pajaree uses Atthaya's pet name Jeen 🙂  

Thailand is hosting the 2022 APEC Summit and this is one of the PSA's focused on Climate Change and remedial activities underway in Thailand.    Set your YT to enable translation - captions/subtitles

LPGA players and the golfers really use Jeen... First hand info as I mentioned in the past 🙂   

• Haha 1

Current Golf Digest article about Leona:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/leona-maguire-lpga-tour-blazes-path-irish-women-duke

This was an interesting comment by her, remembering that she failed to get through Q school after she turned pro (fate?):

I was the first Irishwoman to play in the Solheim Cup. I wouldn’t have qualified if I hadn’t gotten LET status. I wouldn’t have gotten LET status if I’d breezed through Q school.

• Like 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

11 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

PSA -- featuring two LPGA Players and best friends (Pajaree Anannarukarn & Atthaya Thitikul).  @Supermilo should be quite happy as Pajaree uses Atthaya's pet name Jeen 🙂  

Thailand is hosting the 2022 APEC Summit and this is one of the PSA's focused on Climate Change and remedial activities underway in Thailand.    Set your YT to enable translation - captions/subtitles

@Golf Dino thanks for sharing ... But the subtitles/transcript = doesn't work for me!

(see attached screenshot)

Pls help double-check -- were you really able to activate the subtitles/ enable google auto-translation?

🙏"ขอบคุณ"!!

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 6.39.43 PM.png

6 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Current Golf Digest article about Leona:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/leona-maguire-lpga-tour-blazes-path-irish-women-duke

This was an interesting comment by her, remembering that she failed to get through Q school after she turned pro (fate?):

I was the first Irishwoman to play in the Solheim Cup. I wouldn’t have qualified if I hadn’t gotten LET status. I wouldn’t have gotten LET status if I’d breezed through Q school.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Sláinte👍

Lots of Guinness, green beer and whiskey will be consumed today in many parts of the world.

image.png.1ec5282c3a41628c816c1e6dfbf98cd8.png

• Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

35 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Sláinte👍

Lots of Guinness, green beer and whiskey will be consumed today in many parts of the world.

image.png.1ec5282c3a41628c816c1e6dfbf98cd8.png

🧐"Green beer" ?? 🤢

"What’s the Difference Between Whiskey and Whisky? What About Scotch, Bourbon, and Rye?": https://www.britannica.com/story/whats-the-difference-between-whiskey-and-whisky-what-about-scotch-bourbon-and-rye 

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JungleJimbo said:

🧐"Green beer" ?? 🤢

"What’s the Difference Between Whiskey and Whisky? What About Scotch, Bourbon, and Rye?": https://www.britannica.com/story/whats-the-difference-between-whiskey-and-whisky-what-about-scotch-bourbon-and-rye 

Nice, concise primer you have linked there - I would like to delude myself that I could give classes on whisk(e)y...not really but at least it gives me an excuse to drink the stuff😂 It is a subject with complex history and nomenclature.

With an English, Welsh and Irish heritage, I was interested to learn sometime back of the impact that Welsh distillers have had on the US whiskey industry. Wales is not known as a whisk(e)y stronghold but Welsh heritage master distillers such as Jack Daniels (Welsh and Scots grandparents) and Evan Williams (Welsh immigrant) are prominent. Interestingly both Jim Beam and George Dickel were of German heritage!

BTW, Green beer is just whatever beer with a slug of green food dye in it - tastes normal, gives you zombie lips! You must get it locally for the day, surely, so I guess you will know this? 

Judging by the Irish reaction to Leona's Solheim success and first LPGA win, if she ever wins a major the place will go nuts!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

🧐"Green beer" ?? 🤢

I think they drunk too much whiskey before composing that song!

Also why does it take 8 musicians to perform that?

And also never trust a woman that nicks your sabre😄

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Golf Dino thanks for sharing ... But the subtitles/transcript = doesn't work for me!

(see attached screenshot)

Pls help double-check -- were you really able to activate the subtitles/ enable google auto-translation?

🙏"ขอบคุณ"!!

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 6.39.43 PM.png

yes, mine come up in English.  But I used my mobile device with has the language pack installed for translation purposes.  Perhaps consider that?

• Like 1

Meanwhile at Commissioner Gordon's office* the Epson Tour: 

@kekoa  Something on Jaclyn Lee for those that might be interested:

https://bit.ly/JaclynLee 

image.png.bc0ddb6c765bed7186ba73bd507c1f7d.png

* A little throwback to the OG -- Adam West, Cesar Romero, Julie Neumar/Eartha Kitt days . . . 🤣

Edited by Golf Dino

34 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Wait. I thought it was reported that Lydia caught "The Bug", and wasn't defending in Saudi Arabia? Why is shy hanging out at Stanford? She clear protocols?

Taking an MBA elective subject for a few credits: golf! (I’m serious about it offered as a qualifying elective for an MBA class btw… at least some 20 yrs ago) 🥸

• Haha 1

Standing in the clubhouse at RTJ Trail Capitol Hill. Has it really been 11 years since Lexi won the Navistar? Wow, time flies. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

13 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Standing in the clubhouse at RTJ Trail Capitol Hill. Has it really been 11 years since Lexi won the Navistar? Wow, time flies. 

spacer.png

Ah yes, the week Mike Whan forever became a hypocrite to me lol  But it was a great win by Lexi, no doubt about that.  I also believe she had a hole-in-one that week as well.

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 7:18 AM, Seamus_McDuff said:

Understandable for Hall and Ciganda as they’re in Saudi Arabia this week. 

On 3/16/2022 at 7:30 AM, 18majors said:

And, Angel Yin.

But, Emily Kristin Pedersen and Stephanie Kyriacou will play both events.

On 3/12/2022 at 11:24 PM, Stooch said:

Dang! Lyds caught the "VID"

Lydia Ko (COVID-19) will not defend title next week in Saudi Arabia | Golf Channel

Hope they're not testing at the Honda this week 😂

Anybody watching the "Aramco Saudi Ladies International" ?

I see they're streaming it 'Live' via Youtube!

Aramco Saudi Ladies International_Leaderboard_Screenshot_R4_2022-03-20_7PM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

Anybody watching the "Aramco Saudi Ladies International" ?

I see they're streaming it 'Live' via Youtube!

Aramco Saudi Ladies International_Leaderboard_Screenshot_R4_2022-03-20_7PM.png

I've been watching bits and pieces via my Oz Kayo stream.

It's quite bad - there are few top players and Georgia will win by 5+ strokes. She's a fine player but hardly a serial winner. Kelly Whaley (North Carolina) won twice in college (only)and didn't make any NCAA teams let alone US teams.

The LET is sub standard vs the LPGA (and KLPGA and JLPGA). I'm watching (on fast forward mainly) only because there isn't an LPGA event.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

It's quite bad - there are few top players and Georgia will win by 5+ strokes. She's a fine player but hardly a serial winner. Kelly Whaley (North Carolina) won twice in college (only)and didn't make any NCAA teams let alone US teams.

The LET is sub standard vs the LPGA (and KLPGA and JLPGA). I'm watching (on fast forward mainly) only because there isn't an LPGA event.

Sure... but i look at the upside e.g. watching players such as Anne van Dam who haven't had much coverage on tv? 

And there are other stories e.g. the ex-footballer (Kristýna Napoleaová) who is forging a new career as a pro golfer?

(and currently placed second(!!) at this Saudi event, behind Georgia Hall)

https://www.golfextra.cz/detail/9346/senzace-napoleaova-vede-turnaj-let-v-saudske-arabii

Edited by JungleJimbo

9 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Yes saw bit of replay on 503... Am more in tune with 506 these days (F1) 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JungleJimbo said:

Sure... but i look at the upside e.g. watching players such as Anne van Dam who haven't had much coverage on tv? 

And there are other stories e.g. the ex-footballer (Kristýna Napoleaová) who is forging a new career as a pro golfer?

https://www.golfextra.cz/detail/9346/senzace-napoleaova-vede-turnaj-let-v-saudske-arabii

Unfortunately, none of that interests me, time is precious and I'm only interested in the best which is almost always LPGA events.

This event is a snorefest, even the commentators are struggling to stay awake. Georgia being 6 strokes in front tells you what the standard is.

Great experience for some but I'll be interested when (if) they get to the LPGA tour.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

While I don't really disagree, it really depends on the event.  Just happens that this week the field is rather weak.

I haven't watched any of it, hopefully have it on the DVR for later.  Glancing at the scoreboard looks like early round conditions may have been rough, lots of 80s especially on day 1.

30 minutes ago, postfold said:

While I don't really disagree, it really depends on the event.  Just happens that this week the field is rather weak.

I haven't watched any of it, hopefully have it on the DVR for later.  Glancing at the scoreboard looks like early round conditions may have been rough, lots of 80s especially on day 1.

Whilst I agree that this is a particularly weak field, It's still rather weak any week that there is a corresponding LPGA (non co-sanctioned) event. The best play on the LPGA with few exceptions and most of those are for KLPGA/JLPGA events. If you just fancy watching some women's golf then fill yer boots. Maybe you get to see a few players that will go onto do well on the LPGA eg Esther, probably Jeeno (recent past examples).

I know that you weren't watching this event otherwise you would be bored asleep rather than posting. I have moved on to more interesting stuff for now😄

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Whilst I agree that this is a particularly weak field, It's still rather weak any week that there is a corresponding LPGA (non co-sanctioned) event. The best play on the LPGA with few exceptions and most of those are for KLPGA/JLPGA events. If you just fancy watching some women's golf then fill yer boots. Maybe you get to see a few players that will go onto do well on the LPGA eg Esther, probably Jeeno (recent past examples).

I know that you weren't watching this event otherwise you would be bored asleep rather than posting. I have moved on to more interesting stuff for now😄

I watched a portion everyday on The Golf Channel streaming. Conditions for later groups on Thurs/Fri were BRUTAL. Nice for Kelly! Game changer for her and others. Angel was T10 so she is probably happy with that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Great experience for some but I'll be interested when (if) they get to the LPGA tour.

Honestly, part of me thinks most of those girls know they don't have the game for the LPGA and they're ok with that. Of course this is my opinion and purely speculation but some of them seem content stopping,shopping and eating their way across some pretty sweet places in between rounds of mediocre golf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MagicClassic407 said:

I watched a portion everyday on The Golf Channel streaming. Conditions for later groups on Thurs/Fri were BRUTAL. Nice for Kelly! Game changer for her and others. Angel was T10 so she is probably happy with that.

Speaking with someone in Jeddah at the event and they said they had never seen windstorms like they did on Thursday and Friday.  She referred to it as a literal sand storm . . . wind so strong that figuring out your clubbing was pointless.   She figured that was Georgia's biggest strength -- knowing how to play the ball closer to the ground whereas most of the other players have not developed those shots, instead playing an American style of golf, with higher trajectory shots trying to land the ball softly on the green.  But, the wind made that impossible the first two days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1