Mizuno JPX 923

thl9077

12 minutes ago, HIRED said:

Still waiting to see these. Hopefully we get a teaser soon. 

Pre-covid the British Open was when Mizuno would unveil their next release. Now I wouldn’t be shocked if they follow the plan used for the current Mizuno Pro line where We see the new line later this fall with a planned release in early 2023. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

On 1/13/2022 at 7:32 AM, reider69 said:

I have owned the 900 and 921 forged and it is the Mizuno club line that suits my swing the best.  I just don't know where they can go from here on an all forged iron except to make it smaller.  For me, the 921 forged is perfectly sized and I have no complaints.   This next line of JPX will be interesting for sure!

I agree and would frankly be a fan of a bi-yearly rebadge on this set with whatever minor tech improvements Mizuno can make to the single piece forged design. Making the club head smaller simply turns the JPX Pro into a MP 223 which makes very little sense to me. 

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

8 hours ago, ssfranny said:

223s are pretty unforgiving compared to the 919 and 921 forged

I would disagree.  The 223 in the 7 iron and up are very good on mishits and I feel like I’ve lost nothing switching from the 921F. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

1 hour ago, Lemonde said:

I would disagree.  The 223 in the 7 iron and up are very good on mishits and I feel like I’ve lost nothing switching from the 921F. 

Agreed with your disagreement.

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSi3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

Mizuno Pro 223 $ Taper HT 130x

Vokey SM7 50F, 55S KBS Hi Rev 2.0 135x

Vokey SM9 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125x

Ping PLD Kushin 4/TP Mills Dale/TP Mills Nellie

Pro V1

Lets pray for a The Open info release of JPX 923 series.

I think they will spend the most efforts on the forged this year since that got some critics, being the middle child club.

Driver: Ping G425 MAX 9* Aldila Rogue White 130 70stiff 45.25 inches -D4
4 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* Accra TZ5 60 M4 43 inches -D4

6 wood: Taylormade M6 6-wood 19.5* Fujikura Evolution II 41.5 inches -D4 (yes M6 ladies head)
Drivning iron: Titleist U510 2-iron Fujikura ATMOS black 9s
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-9 irons Fujikura Pro 115i Tour Spec -D4
Vokey SM8 46* Fujikura Pro 115i Tour Spec -D4
Vokey SM8 51.5* Fujikura Pro 115i Tour Spec -D5 (50* bent weak to 51.5*, F sole)
Vokey SM8 57* Mitsubishi MMT 105 stiff -D6 (56* bent weak to 57*, M sole)
Odyssey Bird of Prey Stroke Lab Black 34 inches

On 7/11/2022 at 5:15 AM, frj76 said:

Lets pray for a The Open info release of JPX 923 series.

I think they will spend the most efforts on the forged this year since that got some critics, being the middle child club.

Not likely we’re going to see JPX unveiling at The Open. Would’ve saw it by now with one more day left til tee time. Kinda not surprised since since the Mizuno Pro line was pushed out til January and back orders still on JPX 921s. Imagine if unveiling were to happen now with fall release date, they would have massive cancellations on JPX orders.

On 7/10/2022 at 10:08 PM, ssfranny said:

Well agree to disagree I guess.  They were pretty small.

I think “small” is different from “forgiving”.  for example, the t100’s are really forgiving for their size, but they are too small for me. 

that’s why the 223’s work well for me, hovers more around the upper end of the player profile. and they are definitely forgiving for the size and player profile. But if you like the forged, size, go for it. 

Anyway, I’m definitely hoping mizuno does something similar with the jpx tour as they did with the 223. I liked the shape and feel of the Jpx tour so much more than the 223, but I would love if the long irons were slightly larger size or if the forged was more easily blendable with it. 

Edited by DonOmar
Spelling
  • Like 3

On 7/16/2022 at 12:58 PM, DonOmar said:

I think “small” is different from “forgiving”.  for example, the t100’s are really forgiving for they’re size, but they are too small for me. 

that’s why the 223’s work well for me, hovers more around the upper end of the player profile. and they are definitely forgiving for the size and player profile. But if you like the forged, size, go for it. 

Anyway, I’m definitely hoping mizuno does something similar with the jpx tour as they did with the 223. I liked the shape and feel of the Jpx tour so much more than the 223, but I would love if the long irons were slightly larger size or if the forged was more easily blendable with it. 

Agreed. This year I moved out of my game improvement irons and got fit into some 223s. They were a little intimidating at first but once I started hitting them and seeing the forgiveness it was seriously impressive. I gained a clubs worth of distance too.

• Like 1

For the 923 line I hope they bring the flight in the longer irons up a little bit. Loved 921F in 7i and down, the longer irons came out a little flat for my swing. Love the feel, look and turf interaction, just need more height

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 7/16/2022 at 12:58 PM, DonOmar said:

I think “small” is different from “forgiving”.  for example, the t100’s are really forgiving for they’re size, but they are too small for me. 

I really hope this doesn’t happen. That would go against the whole “tour” aspect of this club. I actually hope they go the other way and take away some offset and maybe make it smaller. Considering JPX is played by many tour guys I don’t think they will go that route. This is their zx7, T100, TCB type of club. A more tech oriented players cb. 

• Like 1

TM Stealth+ 9* VENTUS TR BLUE 
TM Stealth 2+ 16.5* VENTUS BLACK 
SRIXON ZK MK II UTILITY 3 IRON NIPPON GOST 

SRIXON ZX MK II UTILITY 4 IRON DG TI 120

ARTISAN PW-5 DG TI 120

CLEVELAND RTX 6 ZIPCORE TOUR RACK 52*

ARTISAN CUSTUM 56* 60* DG TI 
TOUR RAT PROTO

21 minutes ago, youngun87 said:

I really hope this doesn’t happen. That would go against the whole “tour” aspect of this club. I actually hope they go the other way and take away some offset and maybe make it smaller. Considering JPX is played by many tour guys I don’t think they will go that route. This is their zx7, T100, TCB type of club. A more tech oriented players cb. 

agree. I want this to look more like a ZX7 because I’ve been very tempted by that little srixon butter knife. 

I guess the question now is when will we see something?  September? 

13 hours ago, youngun87 said:

This is true - except the JPX 921 Tour doesn’t have any tech (neither did the 900 or 919 Tour models).  I’m not sure shaping counts - all the irons you mention use multi-material - tungsten weighting for added forgiveness, and some use polymers for assisting with sound.

I wish they would go the route of tungsten to help with moi, and not just focus on shaping and pushing weight around.  Only so much you can do with that.

Edited by lordemsworth
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lordemsworth said:

This is true - except the JPX 921 Tour doesn’t have any tech (neither did the 900 or 919 Tour models).  I’m not sure shaping counts - all the irons you mention use multi-material - tungsten weighting for added forgiveness, and some use polymers for assisting with sound.

I wish they would go the route of tungsten to help with moi, and not just focus on shaping and pushing weight around.  Only so much you can do with that.

Eh I would argue that the frame design on the jpx 900 tours was a big step in the design of a fully forged cavity back. The MOI and stability tests run on it were comparable to the AP 2’s. I agree it’s the least tech forward of that class of irons but I would still put the jpx Tour as mizuno’s offering in that catagory. I would not be surprised at all of this was a major change for the 923 line where the tours get some kind of tungsten weighting like the ZX7 (do the zx7’s have tungsten throughout the set?). 

• Like 1

ARTISAN PW-5 DG TI 120

TOUR RAT PROTO

5 hours ago, Warrick said:

919T was one of my favorite irons

I’m one of the few that actually likes the 921 better. 919 looked better overall but I liked the finish of the 921 better. Lets be honest performance wise it’s basically the same head with the 921 having a touch more workability with some forgiveness sacrificed (by design actually)

ARTISAN PW-5 DG TI 120

TOUR RAT PROTO

Considering I have not seen these, and there was not any sneak peeks at the Open. I am guessing Mizuno has shifted to a Winter release because that is what happened with the mizzy pro line. 

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Considering I have not seen these, and there was not any sneak peeks at the Open. I am guessing Mizuno has shifted to a Winter release because that is what happened with the mizzy pro line. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if many of the clubs designed in Asia are delayed even more than that for this release cycle. There are the obvious production issues but also don’t forget much of the design cycle was during Covid when countries like Japan had stricter measures in place than the USA. I’m assuming mizuno’s design team are in Japan but I may be wrong.

• Like 1

ARTISAN PW-5 DG TI 120

TOUR RAT PROTO

1 hour ago, youngun87 said:

Eh I would argue that the frame design on the jpx 900 tours was a big step in the design of a fully forged cavity back. The MOI and stability tests run on it were comparable to the AP 2’s. I agree it’s the least tech forward of that class of irons but I would still put the jpx Tour as mizuno’s offering in that catagory. I would not be surprised at all of this was a major change for the 923 line where the tours get some kind of tungsten weighting like the ZX7 (do the zx7’s have tungsten throughout the set?). 

Fair point - but even the stability frame is exactly the concept of, "moving mass around".  Yeah - from an MOI perspective, you're right, I think it may be in the same ball park as the AP2, but that is primarily because of the blade length.

I think the ZX7 only has tungsten from the 4-7 irons.  The 8-PW are forged single material.

To be honest, I prefer the 921 Tour to the ZX7 because of the more traditional lofts.  But that is just me.

32 minutes ago, lordemsworth said:

Fair point - but even the stability frame is exactly the concept of, "moving mass around".  Yeah - from an MOI perspective, you're right, I think it may be in the same ball park as the AP2, but that is primarily because of the blade length.

I think the ZX7 only has tungsten from the 4-7 irons.  The 8-PW are forged single material.

To be honest, I prefer the 921 Tour to the ZX7 because of the more traditional lofts.  But that is just me.

TXG had a test of the T100, ZX7, 921 Tour and the TCB (maybe one more). They bent all of them to the same loft and the performance  was basically the exact same on center strikes. T100 had a touch more ball speed than the rest and the T100 and ZX7 were noted as a little more forgiving than the others but bottom line is all these clubs kind of do the same thing. I have been REALLY trying to stay away from the T100 but damn that is a good looking club at address with a fair amount of forgiveness for the category. I have a fitting scheduled in the fall when my swing is at its best and I have a fear the T100’s will win out!!! Hoping I have next gen  Srixon or jpx tours to try out but I seriously doubt it 

ARTISAN PW-5 DG TI 120

TOUR RAT PROTO