2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping i230 pic

jwo

On 4/2/2023 at 3:47 PM, Cactus Jack said:

My set, 4-G with DG 120 X100 at D3 swing weight have crossed the two week line. I was told to expect upwards of 4 weeks. 

Still waiting on mine.  Just crossed the 3 week threshold yesterday and no follow ups on anything.

Aerojet LS 9* - Aerojet LS 14.5* - Baffler 17.5* - Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

3 minutes ago, soap1984 said:

Mine is the same - ordered Mar 15 just followed up yesterday and apparently the grips were backordered but arrived two days ago (lamkin sonar). Was told next week (4-PW left hand - modus 105s). 

I ordered mine from PGA Superstore and it said everything was in stock, but of course they're  not Ping so hopefully nothing was too backordered as they already charged me the $1,400, lol.

Aerojet LS 9* - Aerojet LS 14.5* - Baffler 17.5* - Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

38 minutes ago, oc_mike said:

I'm at 6 weeks.  Waiting on some project x lz 6.0 shafts apparently.

That is rough; I only checked in on mine because season is starting here in the next week or two - if grips were an issue I would have just changed them to tour velvets but also would have needed to get a refund for the up charge etc, and I was too lazy. Shaft missing is annoying because nothing you can do really. Good luck

Maybe not the perfect thread but I ordered my Pings normal spec and now want to change them to power spec. Is there a long hold up for sending them back to get fixed or since there aren't any components involved I could get a quick turnaround? 

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Hybrid: Titleist 818H 21°

Irons: Titleist T150 5-PW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 F-Grind 50° S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Ping Oslo 3

17 minutes ago, pheenomz4774 said:

Maybe not the perfect thread but I ordered my Pings normal spec and now want to change them to power spec. Is there a long hold up for sending them back to get fixed or since there aren't any components involved I could get a quick turnaround? 

Best to call Ping and find out. They usually have turnaround in 2 days max with what I've sent in. 

4 hours ago, coreyhr said:

Do the leading edges sit more flush with the turf? Looks like they have around 1.5* less bounce than the 230. If I power spec'd them like I did my 230's, that would get them a little closer to traditional bounce. I love the toe weight in the Ping irons and how it affects start line/curve, so I'm not fully ready to give up hope yet. 

That’s what I don’t like about the i230, fat soles 

The i59 look like t100’s 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym TD 3W- evenflow white 75x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Callaway apex CB - 4-Pw - 6.0 PX LZ 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
LAB DF3 

5 hours ago, pheenomz4774 said:

I recently sent my i210s back to have loft, lies, length, swingweight and grips done. There and back to me was 7 business days. I used their shipping labels. That's pretty quick as I'm in NY.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bogey69 said:

Can anybody with a steelfiber build comment on the swing weight? Wondering if I need to go longer than standard steel lengths to get a D2 swing weight. I know a lot of graphite builds are longer, but with the steelfiber I think they swing weight pretty good. 

If you're ordering, they can almost assuredly add the mass in the hosel necessary to get you a D2. Just ask them. 

• Like 1

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

54 minutes ago, bogey69 said:

Can anybody with a steelfiber build comment on the swing weight? Wondering if I need to go longer than standard steel lengths to get a D2 swing weight. I know a lot of graphite builds are longer, but with the steelfiber I think they swing weight pretty good. 

I have mine with recoil 95 at standard length so the same weight as steelfiber 95 if that’s what you’re getting. I asked for them to swingweight them to the specs on the website. They came built at C9. I called and asked if I could send them in to be properly swingweighted and they told me in the fine print below that they are and there’s nothing they can do at this point because of the glued in weight in the hosel. I love the irons but I can’t do C9 so I used a credit to try some JPX 923 forged that I just ordered and asked to be swingweighted at D2. If those don’t work I’ll have to order a new set at D1 or D2.  Make sure when you order them you specifically ask for the swingweight you want.  That way if they come out wrong it’s on them.

• Like 1

Can anyone compare these to the P770s for me? 

Driver: Ping G430LST - Diamana GT 60tx

3 Wood:  TM Stealth 3W - Diamana GT 70tx

5 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5W - Tensei Pro Orange 80tx

Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW - Modus 130s

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50.14F Modus 130x, SM9 54.12 - 58.12 - Modus 130x 

Putter: Ping PLD Anser 

On 4/19/2023 at 8:02 PM, ScottHutch2 said:

Can anyone compare these to the P770s for me? 

When I got fit for i230s one of the other clubs I hit was the P770.  The new model had just been released.  I flushed two shots with the 770 and the fitter said “nope not enough spin” and put the club back on the rack.

I actually thought the 770 felt great and flew a mile but for me I need spin to hold greens.  FWIW my spin on a 6i was like 5500 with the i230 and around 4800 with the 770.  

They are two very different constructions.  I tend to get some jumpers with hollow heads so I knew going in they probably wouldn’t work for me. YMMV but I’d say if you hit them in a fitting you’ll know very quickly which iron is best for you as they are very different.

• Like 1

My i230s came in with Project X LZ 6.0 and standard spec.  Only 4-9 came in and the pw & uw should arrive next week.  Checked swing weight and they came in at D1-D2 (I didn't specify anything on the order).  Played 2 rounds already and they are very easy to hit.  I'm coming from Mizuno JPX 921 Tours with the same shaft.  The Mizunos are about the same swing weight but the pings seem to "feel" heavier.  They pings don't feel nearly as soft as the tours, but still "ok"...just firmer.   My main reason for making a change was for something a touch more forgiving which I think they are.  They seem to not loose much distance on slight mishits which was one of my main goals.  I need a few more rounds with them to make a determination on a left/right dispersion comparison.  I've seen a lot of posts about how high they fly and how much they spin.  I did a comparison on my gc3 of each club compared to the tours and the pings had about 2mph more ball speed, 1 degree higher launch, around 800 LESS spin, and 6-8 more yards.  It was like that consistently for every club.  

Here are the 7 iron numbers.  I was using a fiberbuilt mat which I think is launching it higher than on grass.  I'll have to test out my other mat insert.  The pings were about 110 ft peak height vs 95 ft for the mizunos.  Any opinions on these numbers?  Should I consider having them power spec'd to lower the launch and peak height down?  I may lose a little spin then and not sure how much I need the few extra yards that the lower loft will bring.  

i230.jpg.df98c8a217c467833ea762cf7a336813.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oc_mike said:

My i230s came in with Project X LZ 6.0 and standard spec.  Only 4-9 came in and the pw & uw should arrive next week.  Checked swing weight and they came in at D1-D2 (I didn't specify anything on the order).  Played 2 rounds already and they are very easy to hit.  I'm coming from Mizuno JPX 921 Tours with the same shaft.  The Mizunos are about the same swing weight but the pings seem to "feel" heavier.  They pings don't feel nearly as soft as the tours, but still "ok"...just firmer.   My main reason for making a change was for something a touch more forgiving which I think they are.  They seem to not loose much distance on slight mishits which was one of my main goals.  I need a few more rounds with them to make a determination on a left/right dispersion comparison.  I've seen a lot of posts about how high they fly and how much they spin.  I did a comparison on my gc3 of each club compared to the tours and the pings had about 2mph more ball speed, 1 degree higher launch, around 800 LESS spin, and 6-8 more yards.  It was like that consistently for every club.  

Here are the 7 iron numbers.  I was using a fiberbuilt mat which I think is launching it higher than on grass.  I'll have to test out my other mat insert.  The pings were about 110 ft peak height vs 95 ft for the mizunos.  Any opinions on these numbers?  Should I consider having them power spec'd to lower the launch and peak height down?  I may lose a little spin then and not sure how much I need the few extra yards that the lower loft will bring.  

i230.jpg.df98c8a217c467833ea762cf7a336813.jpg

Wouldn’t make any club changes based on mat data. Wait to change lofts depending on how you hit off grass. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, pheenomz4774 said:

I sent my i230 in a few weeks ago to change loft to power spec. Got them back in 1 week total including shipping both ways

On 4/19/2023 at 6:56 PM, bogey69 said:

For what it’s worth, I called Ping and asked what the max swing weight they could get Steelfiber i110s to would be at standard length with a Gripmaster Roo grip. They said D2. So, shouldn’t be a problem as long as you request it. Heavier than D2, and you’d likely have to look at adding length.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide