Fujikura Ventus TR - Black & Red

liamw

Very soon I will have TR black in driver 3 wood and an 80 gram black tr in a 19 degree UW..

• Like 3

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 6:59 PM, QuigleyDU said:

Very soon I will have TR black in driver 3 wood and an 80 gram black tr in a 19 degree UW..

Looks like it won the driver spot for you. Been thinking of going TR black myself in 3W and 5W, or possibly UW. Did you test tr black 7x against your blue 7x in 3 wood and if so how’d that go? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, endy said:

Looks like it won the driver spot for you. Been thinking of going TR black myself in 3W and 5W, or possibly UW. Did you test tr black 7x against your blue 7x in 3 wood and if so how’d that go? 

Very soon I will have a 6x black in driver 7x black in 3 wood and an 8x black in a 5'ish wood. just waiting on the clubs. They should be here in the next week to 2.. 

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 10/31/2022 at 11:03 AM, halfsumo said:

Do you have experience/thoughts on TR Black vs Hulk? 

I put these two side-by-side this past fall in my Cally TD Rogue ST LS.

I was getting pretty good results with the Hulk, but never loved the feel even though it's been my gamer all year.  The Hulk was producing good results, and most importantly, straight/low-spin misses on the high-toe.  

Ventus Black TR 6-X tipped 1.25".  This shaft gave me back the feel I love for a shaft, but definitely let me work the ball sideways a bit more, and not in a great way.  I tried it for a few days, but just didn't like that I could get a miss that was an over-draw, over-spun.  I didn't take all of the time I probably could have in getting some weight on the head moved around a bit (more forward, and more toe) in order to bias the way I wanted to see my misses.

That all said, I think I've exhausted 60g shafts.  None of them work for me where they produce good results, and good feel.  I think I lost some ball speed with the Hulk, coming from Atmos Black 7-x.  I'm not sure why.  On paper I should have picked some yards up, so I think I'm going back to a Fuji 70g class. Just not sure what yet.  My current thought is TSR3/Ventus Black 7x.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After going full impulse buy mode, I settled at least on the 8* TSR2 head as my driver of choice. I tested the TR Red and TR Black 7x's yesterday on my local simulator (Full Swing system). Spin numbers may not be 100% accurate since there are no dots/radar for this system....or certainly not as accurate as Quad or Trackman. 

TR Red would be ideal from a consistency standpoint and ease of delivery. I had a nice dispersion cone and in 10 shots, the ball speed stayed in a tight range (164-168) for me. It turned over pretty easily so I have some concerns about swinging with aggression or being in better shape come summer. Loved the feel of this one, impact was sensational and despite the right-to-left flight the draws were predictable and shaft felt easy to time. 

Averages: 14 launch, 2700 spin, 166 ball (168 peak), 274 carry (293 total)

TR Black felt more fatiguing to swing but produced multiple drives over the 170mph mark. This is HUGE for me, I haven't seen this number from my swing since 2018-2019. Spin and launch were virtually identical to the TR Red...I was able to hit a straighter ball with this overall, even one fade. I suspect some of the effort to swing can be cancelled out by fitness, golf swing reps, and lightening the swing weight a little bit. Feels much like my ZF with extra beef in each zone of the profile....me likey!

Averages: 14 launch, 2700 spin, 168 ball (172 peak), 278 carry (297 total)

If I had a more reliable swing I think I could be in a really nice sweet spot for  a 8* TSR3 but I really feel like the TSR2 is the better on-course choice given my life now. The C1 setting on the TSR2 produced the best numbers with each shaft. So in short, TR Black is probably my choice with some tweaking unless it proves to be a chore to swing long term, and I know I need to tighten up some swing flaws to work on my delivery numbers a bit. 

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 7:08 AM, NNJ said:

this is not a drill…get your pre-orders in with a titleist tip, so all of you guys can stick it into the TSr you’re inevitably about to buy. In a few months there will also probably be a successor to the ZX7s, so you can get your ultimate WRX bag in shape by January 🙂

So I called this one…

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 1:15 PM, GooseHook said:

After going full impulse buy mode, I settled at least on the 8* TSR2 head as my driver of choice. I tested the TR Red and TR Black 7x's yesterday on my local simulator (Full Swing system). Spin numbers may not be 100% accurate since there are no dots/radar for this system....or certainly not as accurate as Quad or Trackman. 

TR Red would be ideal from a consistency standpoint and ease of delivery. I had a nice dispersion cone and in 10 shots, the ball speed stayed in a tight range (164-168) for me. It turned over pretty easily so I have some concerns about swinging with aggression or being in better shape come summer. Loved the feel of this one, impact was sensational and despite the right-to-left flight the draws were predictable and shaft felt easy to time. 

Averages: 14 launch, 2700 spin, 166 ball (168 peak), 274 carry (293 total)

TR Black felt more fatiguing to swing but produced multiple drives over the 170mph mark. This is HUGE for me, I haven't seen this number from my swing since 2018-2019. Spin and launch were virtually identical to the TR Red...I was able to hit a straighter ball with this overall, even one fade. I suspect some of the effort to swing can be cancelled out by fitness, golf swing reps, and lightening the swing weight a little bit. Feels much like my ZF with extra beef in each zone of the profile....me likey!

Averages: 14 launch, 2700 spin, 168 ball (172 peak), 278 carry (297 total)

If I had a more reliable swing I think I could be in a really nice sweet spot for  a 8* TSR3 but I really feel like the TSR2 is the better on-course choice given my life now. The C1 setting on the TSR2 produced the best numbers with each shaft. So in short, TR Black is probably my choice with some tweaking unless it proves to be a chore to swing long term, and I know I need to tighten up some swing flaws to work on my delivery numbers a bit. 

Only update to this, had another great session with the Red last night and managed to spike a 173 with multiple drives above 170mph. Dispersion is great too, so for now I think I'm settled on the Red unless outdoor results don't match up. 

TSR2 feels amazing and is way more forgiving than the Stealth Plus. Against my best interests I picked up a 8* TSR 3 to see if I can optimize spin while keeping the repeatability of the TR Red. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

i picked up TR Red 6x in driver and had an outdoor session this past weekend, it felt incredible.  9* Sim2 head turned down two notches and i was hitting mid/high tight draws.  have not tested on trackman yet but going tomorrow morning, currently in Tensei 1k 60tx, which was feeling too stout of late, hence the tinkering. will post trackman numbers tomorrow comparing the two shafts!

• Like 1

WITB

Sim2 - Ventus TR Blue 6x

Sim 3 Wood - PX Smoke 6.5 

Mavrik Pro 3 hybrid - Ventus Blue HB 8x

ZX 4 Utility - aerofiber 110x

P770 - Modus 120x

Milled Grind, High Toe - S400

38" Counterbalanced Phantom X9

• 1 month later...

where did everyone demo/buy the TR Red from?

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

TR Red getting some love. This shaft is a beast. It can handle an aggressive transition very well. Easy power. You can feel the load and it just whips through the ball with a very stable tip section. I've always played white profiles with a lot of success. But, I had a hunch that TR red with its super firm handle could produce some great drives. It's gone beyond that. Paired with a low spin head in PTD, it's a monster. I couldn't keep OG red on the planet so...theres some special sauce to this one.  Time will tell if it can beat out the gamer GT.  I'm almost certain it will judging by what I've seen on the course.  GT may be a little low spin for PTD.  When summer rolls around and the body is full tilt then I'll know.

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S ,54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, getitdaily said:

Hey @Fujikura Golf

How about a speeder evo2 velocore.

I'll proto test it for you. Thanks.

Ventus lineup all but killed Speeder lineups. 

• Like 1
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

• 1 month later...

Anyone put a Ventus Red TR 8X into a 7-wood with any success?

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

• 2 months later...
On 5/11/2023 at 12:11 AM, asroma19 said:

Anyone put a Ventus Red TR 8X into a 7-wood with any success?

Yes, it is somehow a 90 gram moonball machine, probably because the 8x has about the craziest tip to butt stiffness ratio I've ever seen. If you are a high launcher or play in windy conditions you might want to tip it an extra inch, which would also bring the profile more in line with the 6-7x and lower the trajectory. In So cal I don't have too much of an issue though. 

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

6 hours ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

Any updates on the tr red and blacks from those testing in late spring ?

I liked the red so much I put it in driver, 3 wood, and bought a 7 wood because you can't put it in a hybrid/driving iron.

If you like stable feeling mid launch shafts with a very firm handle and active tip (Think Aldila Rogue black, HZRDUS red) this is your shaft. If you have an armsy swing that relies on a slow backswing and comparatively aggressive downswing transition (there's a reason Phil plays this shaft profile) this is also your shaft. 

• Thanks 2

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

On 7/12/2023 at 4:16 PM, Pnwpingi210 said:

Through the whole winter and limited Spring I've been all TR Red. Had a few squirrely ones on the 4th and decided I would put the TR Black in play today. FWIW I tested both extensively on sims over the winter and they both play best in my TSR2 8* head in C1 position (flat, 7.25*). 

I might have to change my opinion on these two. Love, love the Red but the Black today was insane. The ball flight was even more consistent- I had one drift 10 or so yards right on a bad swing and a couple that actually drew. I will have to make the call on distance later, today it was freakishly hot and the fairways were rolling while the 4th it was so soft my drives were plugging.

The Red still feels friendlier (and looks absolutely sick) and has a nicer feel through impact though. 

• Thanks 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

On 7/12/2023 at 1:16 PM, Pnwpingi210 said:

I put a TR Black 7x in my driver a few weeks ago.  Where have you been all my life popped up in my head instantly when I took out to the course and range for the first time.  I had the OG Black and loved it from a performance stand point but didn't care for the feel.  TR Black takes the best of the OG Black and feels 100x smoother.  Unicorn if you ask me.  Very anti-left, penetrating low spin bombs.  I've also been able to find the sweet spot more often because it feels right.  I did test the TR Red as well and it definitely doesn't mesh with my swing for driver.  It was ok for 3 metal though numbers wise although I lost it left more often compared to my current gamer, the Diamana GT.  

Edited by phizzy30
  • Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I put the TR Black in play today for 18 and got a feel for how it performs when I’m not swinging well. Results were very brutal.

There were a couple of 10/10 drives but the majority of the round it felt like I was having to fight against the thing. By the time the back 9 stretch rolled around I was too gassed to do much with it. Worth noting that it was like 90 degrees with 90% humidity here in the morning with no moving air or sun. So a very stressful round physically for the whole group.

All the bad misses were low pushes. Still playable at least.

• Sad 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

2 hours ago, GooseHook said:

I put the TR Black in play today for 18 and got a feel for how it performs when I’m not swinging well. Results were very brutal.

There were a couple of 10/10 drives but the majority of the round it felt like I was having to fight against the thing. By the time the back 9 stretch rolled around I was too gassed to do much with it. Worth noting that it was like 90 degrees with 90% humidity here in the morning with no moving air or sun. So a very stressful round physically for the whole group.

All the bad misses were low pushes. Still playable at least.

I feel like the TR Black really shines when I really go after it.  My misses are now 15 yard draws which is still very playable for me.  Are you sticking with the TR Red? 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I feel like the TR Black really shines when I really go after it.  My misses are now 15 yard draws which is still very playable for me.  Are you sticking with the TR Red? 

I put the TR Red back in after the round was over. Black might come out for the occasional 9 but I think the Red is a safer option for me overall. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

9 hours ago, GooseHook said:

I put the TR Red back in after the round was over. Black might come out for the occasional 9 but I think the Red is a safer option for me overall. 

I'm the opposite of you.  TR Red was all over the place because of timing issues.  Thing is, from an EI profile standpoint they aren't that dissimilar with the TR Black having a stiffer tip.  I think maybe the little kick might be throwing me off.  Different strokes for different folks I suppose. 

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I'm the opposite of you.  TR Red was all over the place because of timing issues.  Thing is, from an EI profile standpoint they aren't that dissimilar with the TR Black having a stiffer tip.  I think maybe the little kick might be throwing me off.  Different strokes for different folks I suppose. 

It’s a tough call. I had a couple of wild stretches with the TR Red as well and the Black has the “strong blueboard” EI that I’ve played over many years. 

Maybe in real course setup, I need to try the Black at standard loft and face angle. That could certainly reduce the low right weak miss. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 8:25 AM, GooseHook said:

It’s a tough call. I had a couple of wild stretches with the TR Red as well and the Black has the “strong blueboard” EI that I’ve played over many years. 

Maybe in real course setup, I need to try the Black at standard loft and face angle. That could certainly reduce the low right weak miss. 

Of the three shafts I've been hanging onto this season the TR Black finally got sold off. I saw enough of it on not-so-great swing days to know that it just wasn't going to work in the long run. I never did get a chance to put the TR Black up against the Tensei 1K Black. 

Back to the TR Red for the time being. 

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

• 5 months later...