2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2023 Cobra King CB & Tour

tdub526

3 minutes ago, Morry said:

t200 utility...that sounds VERY Interesting......how does it blend with the KT's?

I have my KTs 1 strong so I bent the utility to gap properly at the top and I love how it plays with the set. image.jpg.e529b8f367ba94c1f22adac5bb027d19.jpgimage.jpg.a6c680bbb0e1797cb6998bb26482ed4b.jpgimage.jpg.998c57a1c4a9bd7e71b18cddac18defe.jpg

• Like 4

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

22 minutes ago, Morry said:

Perfect

ordering now lol!

much appreciated

Didn't even realize how similar they look at address lol. 

I don't think you'll be disappointed, it's a really fun club and stupid easy to launch. 

• Like 1

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Chrome Tour X

On 10/14/2023 at 7:31 PM, bossman641 said:

Has anyone compared these to J15 Cb? I haven't seen the Tours in person but the soles look a little thick, which I liked in the J15.

IMG_6494.jpeg.10a7267e55a2e7435f4433d91f2c629b.jpegIMG_6495.jpeg.525969578ca78939b67c98b42c7adbd4.jpegIMG_6496.jpeg.2e3dc938bdff00c1624ebdea743b8f19.jpegIMG_6497.jpeg.1467a2087f98d9c0d159f13985552110.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Chrome Tour X

• 1 month later...

Bumping this guy…

Everyone still loving their KT’s?  Cobra does offset in this style of iron better than anyone else.  The transition from hosel to leading edge is outstanding!

Driver Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

I’m heavily debating grabbing a set of these.  Tested them again yesterday, granted indoors, but they felt so easy to hit and so smooth at impact.  Just felt effortless to hit a number and the spin was so consistent.

• Like 3

Driver Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

3 hours ago, wam78 said:

Bumping this guy…

Everyone still loving their KT’s?  Cobra does offset in this style of iron better than anyone else.  The transition from hosel to leading edge is outstanding!

I combo the Tours and CBs. I love them both, but every time I hit the Tours I ask myself why I didn't just get a full set. They look and feel so good. Cobra killed it with their iron releases this year.

• Like 2

My WITB

Cobra Darkspeed LS 10.5º -1º | Tour AD VF 6x

TBD | LIN-Q M40x Blue 7F5

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus Rescue 19.5º | Tour AD IZ 95x

Srixon ZX Utility 4i | MMT 105tx

Titleist T150 | Modus 115x

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 50º & 54º | DG TI S400

Cleveland RTX Full Face 58º |  Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon Garage Las Vegas H7 | KBS CT Tour

Ball: TP5x or Prov1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, Puppetmaster said:

I also own a set of Fly Z+, which I'd like to think were one of the designs that led to the King Tour, and the Kings are a huge improvement over the Fly Z+. And those Fly Z+ were pretty good irons, in my opinion. 

I’m currently having a set of Fly Z + built.  Had them when they came out and loved them.  

But I have the wrx sickness and am considering a set of the tours.  

Would you elaborate on the differences you experienced?  And what you like better about the tours?

I’m seeing two sets of Cobra irons in my future

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

Interested in giving the tours a shot this spring: anyone test them/blend with the forged tecs? I'm surprised at how slim the tec looks in photos.

Coming from a set of Zx7s w/ modus 105s that on great days are great, but when I'm off I find myself wishing these spun a little more/had more height to them. 7i SS is ~83-85mph, AOA about 4* down. Tours sound great so while I think my ballstriking is generally up for them, I'd say 90% of my iron game just wants to fly high, straight, and hop and stop. Wondering if the tours aren't too much of a good thing in that regard

Edited by njmack

20 hours ago, trying2scratch said:

Are the blade length and offset much different?

Just ever so slightly longer blade length and more offset, but over the ball I don’t really notice or think about it. But I’m also not super picky about that. 
66E49CCA-3F87-48A3-9312-CB10570DC41B.jpeg.1a044a736536292ee12430b354a69d5c.jpegCB5C649F-3C09-4B05-B7FB-91D80A99D3B1.jpeg.5286efcf89e15af2caafa3f04f497033.jpeg

• Thanks 1

My WITB

Cobra Darkspeed LS 10.5º -1º | Tour AD VF 6x

TBD | LIN-Q M40x Blue 7F5

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus Rescue 19.5º | Tour AD IZ 95x

Srixon ZX Utility 4i | MMT 105tx

Titleist T150 | Modus 115x

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 50º & 54º | DG TI S400

Cleveland RTX Full Face 58º |  Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon Garage Las Vegas H7 | KBS CT Tour

Ball: TP5x or Prov1

These irons (King Tour) were just the absolute most consistent after two Trackman fittings on two different days. I really really wanted to go with the Mizuno's (243/223) but these babies just edged them out. I am a Mizuno fanboy and have played nothing but Mizuno irons for the past 25 plus years.  Moving out of my 225's and moving on, has anyone had these clubs bent (loft/lie) by Cobra at the factory?  How much room is there, and how bad do they come marked up from the process? I am anticipating the PW and GW needing to be made weaker based upon my experience with this type of head. And I need a lie adjustment. TIA 

Edited by wolverine_man
  • Like 1

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

2 hours ago, wolverine_man said:

These irons (King Tour) were just the absolute most consistent after two Trackman fittings on two different days. I really really wanted to go with the Mizuno's (243/223) but these babies just edged them out. I am a Mizuno fanboy and have played nothing but Mizuno irons for the past 25 plus years.  Moving out of my 225's and moving on, has anyone had these clubs bent (loft/lie) by Cobra at the factory?  How much room is there, and how bad do they come marked up from the process? I am anticipating the PW and GW needing to be made weaker based upon my experience with this type of head. And I need a lie adjustment. TIA 

I did not have them bent from the factory, but the 9, PW, and GW in my set all were bent flat and weak.  7 and 8 were both bent weak.  I have a mitchell machine and there were no issues going flat 2-3 degrees and weak by 1-2 degrees.  I do not have any markings on the irons.

On a side note I tried a set of the last model T100 and T100S and they couldn't dethrone my original ZX7's.  I tried the new T100 and 150's after having the Cobra Tours and neither came close.  The feeling wasn't as good, neither was the dispersion left/right or front/back.  These quite honestly are the best overall irons I have played in quite some time.  My ball striking has gone downhill with an injury and limited practice time, but the Cobra Tours make good and bad swing days both a breeze.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

These are my dream irons. I was fitted for the 223 but man, the king tour are stunning. I am curious to see how they compare forgiviness wise. Did anyone test both? 

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

20 hours ago, wolverine_man said:

I had mine built 1* weak no marks at cobra.

You’re spot on with the distance control. Nothing in the realm of this model comes close. I also tested the mizuno’s. The T line was close but I just couldn’t miss with the tours from a ball striking perspective so they edged out. 

2 hours ago, southpaw72 said:

I had mine built 1* weak no marks at cobra.

You’re spot on with the distance control. Nothing in the realm of this model comes close. I also tested the mizuno’s. The T line was close but I just couldn’t miss with the tours from a ball striking perspective so they edged out. 

Mine were built 2° weak and 1° upright. No marks on them at all. 

The Tours are definitely more forgiving than the T100. I have been bagging the T100 for a few months but took the Tours out to the range a couple of weeks ago. I forgot how good they feel. I need to get on launch monitor at some point to compare ball speed between the two irons. 

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

The Cobra CBs are the best set of irons I have ever played plus they look amazing, they are quite forgiving for their compact size and I found them a little more forgiving than the Apex TCB and Taylormade P7MC plus they were about 4-5 yards longer, the Cobra Tours are also fantastic irons and even more forgiving but slightly larger with a little more offset so you can't go wrong with either or even a combo set.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Morry said:

Just wanted to say, after being true to form and rifling through 5-7 sets in the last 2.5 years....I am Now SET on the King Tours ...Done 

traded all the rest over that time and now only have these snowflakes 

LOVE THEM 

6-11 bouncer in handicap heading Lower and These Are the ticket 

Thank YOU Cobra

Why do you prefer the King Tour over the i230? Do you find them to be more consistent, accurate and forgiving than the i230?

3 hours ago, Les Paul Jr said:

Why do you prefer the King Tour over the i230? Do you find them to be more consistent, accurate and forgiving than the i230?

consistent, accurate and as powerful and forgiving 

turf interaction was biggest positive difference and that led to all the above - that was the clincher 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2024 at 3:25 PM, Tingy said:

Anyone know what is the lengths on the King Tours compared to standard Srixon ZX7 length? 

Says 37,25" on a 7 iron on Cobras website. 

Is Cobra actually longer than other manufactures, or do they measure differently? 

I believe cobra measures to end of grip, srixon without grip. 

so should be very close lengthwise

• Like 1

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 12:49 PM, Morry said:

consistent, accurate and as powerful and forgiving 

turf interaction was biggest positive difference and that led to all the above - that was the clincher 

Question, I'm coming from 716 AP2s. Demo'd the i230 and it was much straighter for me than my current iron which I currently fight an over draw with. For that reason I liked the i230 and it was super consistent. Was on mats so unsure of turf interaction but didn't love the feel. For that reason was very interested in the BPS but after seeing them in person they are a little small for my taste, more in the T100 category. How does the shot shape bias if any of the King Tour compare vs i230? The i230 seems to have a touch of fade bias I've heard some say including Ian on TXG which seemed to suit me well. With that said after reading through all 9 pages of this I'm like take my money cobra.

31 minutes ago, Sam217 said:

Question, I'm coming from 716 AP2s. Demo'd the i230 and it was much straighter for me than my current iron which I currently fight an over draw with. For that reason I liked the i230 and it was super consistent. Was on mats so unsure of turf interaction but didn't love the feel. For that reason was very interested in the BPS but after seeing them in person they are a little small for my taste, more in the T100 category. How does the shot shape bias if any of the King Tour compare vs i230? The i230 seems to have a touch of fade bias I've heard some say including Ian on TXG which seemed to suit me well. With that said after reading through all 9 pages of this I'm like take my money cobra.

Same shot shape bias I would say 

I was gaming the i230 when I 'discovered' the king tour

I fight the overdraw as well and dropped the i230 fast for the KT 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 8:46 PM, Sam217 said:

On 1/30/2024 at 9:19 PM, Morry said:

Same shot shape bias I would say 

I was gaming the i230 when I 'discovered' the king tour

I fight the overdraw as well and dropped the i230 fast for the KT 

I games the i230 all last year. They are power spec. Love them. Just picked up a set of king tour 4-G. Same shafts as my i230, modus 105x. 

I have to tell you, I am super impressed. The distance consistency is crazy. I like the feel a little more in the KT over the i230. The reality is that it may be dead even between these two. 

hands down 2 of the best iron sets in a long time. They are both keepers. 

interestingly I could not stand the previous MIM version. Excited to keep experimenting with these. 

Edited by T_Golf_23

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had swing weight issues with these clubs when moving away from the stock $ taper shafts? My understanding is that the $ taper will swing weight lighter than most. I ordered a king tour 7 iron to try out with modus 120x 1/4inch long with a GP MCC +4 midsize grip and it is swing weighting at D4. I asked for D2. Yes the 1/4 inch may add 1-1.5 on the SW but the grip is almost 20 grams heavier than the stock grips which should drop the SW 3 points or more. If I had the stock grip on this puppy it would SW like D7. Cobra says the stock SW is D2. Anyone else with these issues? Cobra did not seem to make much effort getting me to D2 with this build. 1/4 inch over length is not much especially when taking into account the heavy grip I added.