2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Paradym driver thoughts

VanTheMan0519

I know there is probably a 87 page thread. But wanted to check in on some more long term thoughts. For reference I have not played or fit into a Callaway club in years. However this driver intrigues me and I see there is a demo day coming up soon. Thanks!

reference:

swing speed 110-114

Playing tsr4 with Ventus black 6x

It may be good for you, it may not. There's so many good drivers out right now. I've hit the paradym triple d 4 times now. It gets worse as time goes on. Not because it's bad but because others are better for me. I hit the dynapower just as far but straighter then the triple d. The tsr2 starting in a higher loft but then turning it down is just stupid easy to hit, I've never owned a Titleist club but if I had to choose today, tsr2 may be at the top of my driver list. Good luck and try a bunch, this is wrx! 

• Like 1

It’s like the guy that posts a 3 wood thread every week about how the one he has is unbelievable then by the time you’re done reading that thread, he has another thread already praising a different three wood. Can’t remember the guys name… 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Phabs
  • Haha 3

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

6 minutes ago, Phabs said:

It’s like the guy that posts a 3 wood thread every week about how the one he has is unbelievable then by the time you’re done reading that thread, he has another thread already praising a different three wood. Can’t remember the guys name… 🤣🤣🤣

Hey I once kept a 3 wood 8 years lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Phabs said:

I’m that guy with putters… 

• Like 1

I got the Paradym after a demo day and multiple days in the hitting bays at Golf Galaxy and PGA Superstore showed that my launch, spin and carry numbers were better than my PING 425 Max. I went to FLA and played 3 rounds where I averaged 14 yard more with the Paradym according to the stats I keep with my Garmin. Today I played back home after changing the grip to a midsized on my Ventus 5S Red and hit it poorly- very bad contact. In Fla I hit everything solid, but sprayed the ball the first two rounds a bit. Not sure if I could blame the grip change, but I will. 😜 I really like the Paradym - such a solid feel and sound. I will say today’s misses very very playable and I was surprised how far some went with what felt like poor contact. 

My swing speed is similar to yours, 108-113, and I was fit into the Paradym with an Accra TZ6 m5. I played a stealth with a ventus blue last year but I didn’t get along with it. I really like the Paradym and get good dispersion on miss hits. So far it’s been a major improvement over last year. 

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

I’m curious about the TD. Appears to have exceptionally low spin which may suit me well. My driver spins off the planet at times.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple D w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 70TX @45.25

3W: Taylormade M2 15* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 80X.

5W: Taylormade M6 18* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 90 TX.

Irons: Miura Retro Tournament blades 3i, 4i, and 7i. Miura MB-001 5i, 6i, 8i-PW. 3i with MMT 125TX. 4i-PW are Oak doweled, DG X100 Tiger Stepped 1/4”

lofts: 3i: 20* 4i: 24* 5i: 28* 6i: 32* 7i: 36* 8i: 40* 9i: 44* PW: 48*

Wedges: Fourteen RM4 56* DG X7, Miura 59* At 61* DG X7

Putter: Taylormade Spider

Grips: Golf pride MCC+4.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

I have two rounds with the Paradym after making kind of an "impulse purchase" after three absolutely dreadful rounds with a Rogue ST Max.

The sound/feel of the driver is fantastic.  While it is a little harder to tell where the ball comes off the face, it is much more solid than prior versions.

Also, I noticed that my ball flight is significantly lower.  I was playing a 9* head in an Epic Speed set at +1* with a Mitsubishi MMT in X flex, but decided to go to a 10.5* head in the Paradym in Tensei Blue in stiff.  I'm glad I did.  The ball flight is more penetrating and something I didn't see in the Epic Speed or Rogue ST Max.  The head also sits square while the prior versions actually sat closed to me and didn't fit my eye.

I think the biggest benefit to me is that this is neutral biased compared to the Speed/Rogue and the mishits are significantly more forgiving.  Mishits are much more playable than the prior Speed/Rogue that I've been playing.

I don't have any data to back it up, but it does seem like it spins significantly less than the last two versions of Speed/Rogue.  So much so that I can't use a Callaway Chrome Soft X any longer, but actually have to go to a ProV1 again.

Edited by CactusGolf

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Played with a buddy today who bought one a few weeks ago. This is the 2nd time I've played with him since he bought it. He sprays it all over the place just like his old Mavrick. 

He's a lefty so I didn't give it a go. 

I play with another guy I've been playing with for years, he bought a Stealth and while he's longest drives are much longer, he's in the woods more than ever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hit it recently at a demo day just for kicks. I’ve loved my Epic Speed 9 degree turned to 8 with the stock Smoke IM10 and sometimes I put my HZrdus Yellow in it. I swing driver at 105-106 mph. 

The TD was my preferred profile and shape. Much like the Speed. However it was super low spin for me at first. Like sub 1800. I was spinning my Epic Speed around 2700. We tried a few shafts and ended up hitting one really nice one with 2100 spin and we sort of wrapped it up (I was playing that day and it was also a demo day so didn’t want to take too long). 

The regular Paradym was ok. I like the shape of the TD better. Sound was different but good with both. TD was very wooden baseball crack noise. I was spinning that one too much and the ball was floating. 

I’d have to test more thoroughly before it kicked my Speed out of the bag. Maybe I could find a few more yards by knocking some spin off but I just love the playability of my current gamer. Best I’ve driven it consistently in quite a while. 

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Darn you golfwrx….  I really like my Rogue ST Max, but I’m really wanting to try the Paradym and the G430.  So many good drivers out there…

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Cameron Phantom X 11, 2021
Titleist ProV1

1 minute ago, ProStryker said:

Darn you golfwrx….  I really like my Rogue ST Max, but I’m really wanting to try the Paradym and the G430.  So many good drivers out there…

I'm sticking with my ST Max

• Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

5 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I'm sticking with my ST Max

As am I. I went and tested new drivers today and the Para wasn’t worth the upgrade. Plus I wasn’t crazy about the aesthetics. 

One thing that impressed me was the TD version. Great ball speeds and more forgiving than I expected. The only issue was it exacerbated my right miss.

• Like 1

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

2 hours ago, CactusGolf said:

I have two rounds with the Paradym after making kind of an "impulse purchase" after three absolutely dreadful rounds with a Rogue ST Max.

The sound/feel of the driver is fantastic.  While it is a little harder to tell where the ball comes off the face, it is much more solid than prior versions.

Also, I noticed that my ball flight is significantly lower.  I was playing a 9* head in an Epic Speed set at +1* with a Mitsubishi MMT in X flex, but decided to go to a 10.5* head in the Paradym in Tensei Blue in stiff.  I'm glad I did.  The ball flight is more penetrating and something I didn't see in the Epic Speed or Rogue ST Max.  The head also sits square while the prior versions actually sat closed to me and didn't fit my eye.

I think the biggest benefit to me is that this is neutral biased compared to the Speed/Rogue and the mishits are significantly more forgiving.  Mishits are much more playable than the prior Speed/Rogue that I've been playing.

I don't have any data to back it up, but it does seem like it spins significantly less than the last two versions of Speed/Rogue.  So much so that I can't use a Callaway Chrome Soft X any longer, but actually have to go to a ProV1 again.

Thats interesting in that CSX is traditionally a higher spinning option with a higher ball fight than ProV1 (per marketing and my on course testing)

The Paradym TD is def a low spinning head.  I've had to loft up a bit more than my norm.  It's better all around for me than Epic Max LS and Rogue Max LS were.

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Thanks 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

I had been using the Rogue ST Max with the Tensei Blue shaft for a year, and with good results.  I tested the Paradym with the Ventus Blue shaft really more out of curiosity about the shaft. Fwiw, I have a Flightscope Mevo, so I did my own testing at my club on a nice, warm morning with very little wind.  Range balls, but good ones.  After, I sat down in the locker room and studied the Flightscope data pretty carefully.  

My average/stock shot wasn’t significantly different in terms of overall distance; the Paradym launched lower and actually carried a little shorter, but ran out more.  BUT I hit several shots with the Paradym that were 8-10 yards farther than anything I hit with the Rogue.  The Paradym spin rates were about 300 rpm’s lower than the Rogue, and when I had a comparable launch angle, the Paradym gave me a lot of extra rollout.

I ordered, and I’m about 10 rounds in with the Paradym.  The results have been exactly what Flightscope predicted; similar on most shots, with one or two per round that are clearly longer than anything I was hitting with the Rogue.  The Paradym is at least as straight as the Rogue, but I’m going to wait for a few more rounds before I try to quantify that.

• Like 4

On 4/6/2023 at 10:53 PM, Avidswampthing66 said:

Thats interesting in that CSX is traditionally a higher spinning option with a higher ball fight than ProV1 (per marketing and my on course testing)

The Paradym TD is def a low spinning head.  I've had to loft up a bit more than my norm.  It's better all around for me than Epic Max LS and Rogue Max LS were.

Interesting.  Maybe I didn't think about the CSX correctly then.  

CSX= higher spin, higher ball flight?

ProV1x= higher spin, higher ball flight?

• Like 2

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

I just got the Paradym Triple Diamond. I got 9 degrees and set it to 10 degrees. Tensei White shaft.

I have yet to hit it on the course, but on the range, it was more forgiving than the Stealth + 9 degree. Distance probably relatively similar...Paradym might be 3-5 yards longer...but with range balls, who knows.

I'm 44 years old and can get 295 on a well struck drive, but probably averaged 270. Callaway put me on staff, which is very nice and a great perk of being an Assistant Pro. 

Try out the Paradym and see what happens. Free Demo days are great!!

• Like 1

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple Diamond 9 Degree set to 10 Degree
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 Wood

Callaway Rogue ST LS 5 Wood
Callaway Ai Smoke 4 and 5 Hybrid (used as 3 and 4), or Adams A7 4 and 5 Hybrid 
Callaway Apex CB 2024 5-PW Aerotech SteelFiber i110
Callaway Jaws Raw Black Plasma 52 and 56
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
TaylorMade TP5X or Callaway Chrome Tour X or Bridgestone X

8 hours ago, CactusGolf said:

Interesting.  Maybe I didn't think about the CSX correctly then.  

CSX= higher spin, higher ball flight?

ProV1x= higher spin, higher ball flight?

Yeah exactly.  In theory those two balls should play similar.  

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Paradym 10.5* in and out for me.

Prefer my Rogue ST Max LS 10.5*. Tried my gamer shaft shaft Ventus TR Blue in the Paradym and did not hit it well. Adjusted settings, rear weight, etc but just not a good fit for me.

Prefer the feel and sound of the Rogue.

Might have to find a TD to see how that matches up.

Paradym felt more “firm” at impact and louder than the Rogue also which I was surprised at.

Beautiful head but sticking with the ST Max LS for now.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, scottdc52 said:

I just got the Paradym Triple Diamond. I got 9 degrees and set it to 10 degrees. Tensei White shaft.

I have yet to hit it on the course, but on the range, it was more forgiving than the Stealth + 9 degree. Distance probably relatively similar...Paradym might be 3-5 yards longer...but with range balls, who knows.

I'm 44 years old and can get 295 on a well struck drive, but probably averaged 270. Callaway put me on staff, which is very nice and a great perk of being an Assistant Pro. 

Try out the Paradym and see what happens. Free Demo days are great!!

It was the forgiveness that shocked me.  Even on Friday, I hit some dreadful balls that would have been OB/out of play with the Rogue Max or Epic Speed and they actually stayed in play.

• Like 1

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

On 4/9/2023 at 7:48 PM, CactusGolf said:

It was the forgiveness that shocked me.  Even on Friday, I hit some dreadful balls that would have been OB/out of play with the Rogue Max or Epic Speed and they actually stayed in play.

I agree. Hit an uphill tee shot that I felt like I missed- said to

my playing partner it was in the bunker at the top of the hill… not good. Get to the top of the hill and it cleared the fairway bunker by 20 yards. Playing partner thought I was being a schmuck… complaining about a good shot.

I’ll have to keep my mouth shut with this thing. 

Edited by Honeybadger
  • Haha 4