2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos Γ—

How unforgiving is the Paradym Triple Diamond really?

JinxyJ08

Hit this well on simulator but we all know how that can go. 9* seemed great launch angles and controlled spin. Again, on a sim. The standard Paradym was nice too but theΒ πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽΒ just looks so much better to me.

Β 

On the course, how are you seeing the Triple D (especially 14g in rear)? How does it compare to say a TSi3 or g425 LST? I could play last years Rogue Triple Diamond but do wish it had a bit more love it when mishit. I am looking to grab one of them but am stuck on the standard Paradym or to go Triple Diamond this time again. The Triple D def looks way better to me; much more confidence inspiring to just swing it if that matters.

Depends how how good you are at squaring up the face and how you miss. Spin retention across the face of the TD is great (better than older models or competitors) but its still not as good as the regular or X model. There is a several-hundred MOI difference between all 3 Paradym models from a physical perspective and that cant be argued - but how much it helps you or makes a difference is up to you.

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 / AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

I have the Tsi 3 10*and the Paradigm triple diamond in 9* I would say they are neck and neck in the forgiveness department definitely not as forgiving asΒ 
the other regular drivers one thing you need to do with the triple diamond is make sure you hit up on it and you'll get great results with it hitting down on it will not bold well for you unless you have 110 mph or Β better club head speed the triple diamond when hit with an open or closed face doesn't move in either direction severely maybe ten to fifteen yards either direction I played with it yesterday for the first time and when I started hitting up on it I started to get great results with mid high knuckle balls hit one drive over 300 and another 290 .

I normally dont agree with the video reviewers but Im in complete agreement with Rick Shiels on this driver, the 3D was a monster at the range and the launch monitor but the standard Paradym was the one I would use on a golf course. Β I could not control the 9* 3D at all, it may just be a loft issue however, one I get my hands on a 10.5*, I'll know better......But my 2 gamers right now are the TSi3 9* ( monster long ) and the Paradym 9* ( long and tons of control and forgiving and feels very good )

IMO the PTD is just as forgiving as the Max LS and Epic Max LS from before.Β  I hit tight mid height knuckle fades with it.Β  I will say, i had to dabble in shafts and settings to get it on course ready.Β  I ended up with a softer tip shaft, +1 in loft with the 14g forward and 2g weight back.Β  Been amazing.Β  LONG

πŸ€– A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/Β Ventus Blue +

Sim 2 Ti 5WΒ w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PWΒ Β NipponΒ Modus 105SΒ 

Jaws RawΒ 50S ,54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

I have the TD in 10.5Β° and it's one of the more forgiving drivers I've hit. I'm scratch and was concerned with it maybe being too demanding, but it's not. It might be the perfect driver.

WITB
Sim 9Β° Diamana LimitedΒ 
TM M3 15Β°
Adams Idea Pro 22Β°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50Β° 54Β° 60Β°
Callaway MD4 64Β°
Ping Sigma Darby

Just picked up the TD a few days ago to replace my G425 LST.Β  Me personally, I'm hitting it with way more accuracy and distance. Thought, that could be the shaft.Β  When i was fitted for the G425, i was around 100 head speed.Β  Now i'm about 112 head speed.Β 

Β 

I find that mishits on the face with the TD perform way better than what i was having with my G425.Β 

It depends on what you want it to forgive. I found ball speed retention across the face was fantastic. This thing is a low spin monster though. I find my bad strikes low on the face don't spin up like with most other drivers, even stuff that would be considered low spin or in the player's category. I found my spin dropped to dangerous levels sometimes, but I also found it to be very stable directionally. I found it hard to get too out of control directionally unless I hit something that would be OB regardless of the club you're using. For me, this thing was otherworldly and I can't wait to get mine in a few days. I'm coming from a TSi3 which I thought was pretty unforgiving and was too high spin for me (and I'm generally a low spin player off the tee because I'm pretty up on the ball). I wouldn't worry about forgiveness unless you're worried about it being low spin. If you hit it good, go with your gut.

TLDR - I don’t find it unforgiving at all; spin rates can be a struggle if you are a low spin player to begin with (I’m not).

Β 

More - For me, the TD paired with a Ventus Red TR is one of the best combos I’ve ever had in the bag. I fight the over draw/sometimes pull miss and this has helped that tremendously. I went down from X to Stiff in the TR and I’m able to hit my baby draw every time without fail. When I had the X in it, I was hanging a lot of shots right unless I swung at 110% every time. I originally tried my usual Ventus Black in it and that was just a no go for me; I couldn’t keep the ball in the air much less hit a playable shot with it. You may need to tinker to find the right shaft with it, but I’ve never been happier with a driver in recent years!Β 

Β 

I played the G430 Max for a bit and I’m riding fairways at a far greater clip with the πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž. Same shaft. I think it’s as forgiving as anything I’ve ever hit. Higher swing speed though so I don’t have a problem generating spin or ball speed on miss hits. YMMV

TM Qi10LS Hulk PVD 70TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

Β 

Β 

Β 

This is all great thank you!Β 

Β 

I will see what spin on the course looks like with my own ball for the 9* I'm getting, but on the monitor it looked pretty solid. If not enough or seems punishing I can move to the 9 Paradym, loft up the 9* TD, or move to the 10.5 so a good pathway can be found either way. It is fantastic to hear so many think it's forgiving on mishits (to a level obviously) as many times the diamonds have not been.

Β 

I do have about 4 shafts I can mess with all over the map to try and sort it out as well so should be a fun thing to work out.

I don’t think it is all that hard to hit. I prefer the look of the standard head as it looks similar to the Rogue ST LS, a driver I do well with. The standard Paradym head is more forgiving than the LS, almost hard to miss, so I went with that one as I feel it will keep me in the fairway more.Β 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I have the Paradym TD in the bag and have tested the G425 LST and TSi3.Β  Out of the 3, I found the G425 LST the most forgiving and the other two equal in this department.Β  Paradym TD is neutral biased whereas the the other two seemed to be a bit more fade biased for me.Β  P-TD felt and sounded the best IMO.Β  It's also a low spin monster when hit slightly above dead center which is one of the reasons why I put it in the bag.Β  I also saw slightly higher ball speeds across the entire face compared to the other two.Β 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm also testing this head in 9Β° currently.Β Β 

Β 

Have hit it really well at the range and sim, but haven't had enough on course time to commit yet.

Β 

I see higher bs across the face vs stealth+, and tighter spin as well.

Β 

One on course anecdote -

Β 

A course we play a few times per year has a fun downhill par 5 18th tee shot.Β  There is a creek across the fairway that is 270 carry (at sea level), and wind in.Β  With that wind direction I've only managed to cover it a handful of times, and even though I wasn't hitting it well that day I had to try with the πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž.

Caught it on the toe, high push draw, and hated it immediately. Gave up on it in the air thinking no chance, and walked up to drop at the creek. That tee shot was further down the hole then I've ever hit it, and according to someone waiting on an adjacent tee box - cleared it 'by a mile'.Β  Yikes.

To finish the story if anyone is still reading, I then blocked an 8i into a greenside pond and left with a 6 πŸ˜‚

Β 

I'm finding this head more forgiving then stealth+ for me, and will be bagging it once I get the right shaft and weight setup.Β Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Coming from the Rogue TD LS to the Paradym TD, I can say that theΒ  Paradym TD seems more forgiving and has a tighter dispersion. Both haveΒ  a 450 ccΒ  head. Personally I prefer theΒ  more neutral biased ballflight of the Paradym, found the Rogue harder to strike draws. Both drivers have great feel and sound at impact.Β Β 

Nice to have choices, compareΒ  them both on a launch monitor.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

I currently game the Epic Speed 9 degree set at -1/N playing at 8 degrees (from the club stated but not measured)

Β 

I’ve tried the Paradym 3D at 9 twice. Love the look and feel of it. First time on range I thought it had potential. Recently took it out on the course and hit 2 drives off each hole testing against my gamer and for me that day it’s not playable. Not enough spin. Toe misses couldn’t stay in the air. I did hit some good ones but inconsistent.Β 
Β 

I’d like to try it at 10.5.Β 

Edited by cmatthews77
  • Like 2

Callaway Epic Speed 9Β° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21Β°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50Β°, Full Toe 54Β°, 58Β° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago
Β 

On 6/9/2023 at 12:00 AM, cmatthews77 said:

I currently game the Epic Speed 9 degree set at -1/N playing at 8 degrees (from the club stated but not measured)

Β 

I’ve tried the Paradym 3D at 9 twice. Love the look and feel of it. First time on range I thought it had potential. Recently took it out on the course and hit 2 drives off each hole testing against my gamer and for me that day it’s not playable. Not enough spin. Toe misses couldn’t stay in the air. I did hit some good ones but inconsistent.Β 
Β 

Have you tried raising the loft to 10?

On 6/11/2023 at 6:10 PM, JinxyJ08 said:

Have you tried raising the loft to 10?

I haven’t. If I wasn’t so happy with the Speed I’d probably try the Paradym 3D in a 10.5 head as well as try the 9 degree when I’m swinging better. In fact I ordered another Speed 9 degree just to have a backup.Β 
Β 

Also really wouldn’t mind getting my hands on one of those 3D+ heads.Β 

Edited by cmatthews77
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed 9Β° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21Β°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50Β°, Full Toe 54Β°, 58Β° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago
Β 

On 6/5/2023 at 4:31 PM, joj said:

I haven’t hit the Triple Diamond, but i do have the standard. It’s ridiculously forgiving. I hit it so straight that it makes me want to try the TD to squeeze out a few more yards, but can’t go back to an unforgiving driver now.

Couldn't agree more with what you said about the forgiveness of the standard.Β  And (for me at least), the standard model is definitely low spin when I compared it to the Epic Speed from last year.Β  Current Paradym spins at the 2,200 mark vs. Epic Speed of 2,600.Β Β 

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway ParadymΒ πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

• 2 months later...

Looking for some input as my β€˜18 Rogue cracked…

Β 

I get the sense, maybe incorrectly , that the TD is only for higher swing speeds. Β I’m at about 80-85mph. Β When I bought the β€˜18 Rogue, the sub zero version was a poor fit. Β 
I’m an 8, and the driver is one of my strong points , rarely in trouble. Β 
Β 

Of course I’d have the appropriate shaft for me. Β Currently a PX Cypher, 5.5. Β 
Β 

thoughts?Β 

@st1800eΒ Its about launch conditions and delivery. The TD may drop spin to a comfy place for you if you are high spin but likely on paper, either the standard or even X could do you well. Some folks have been put into lower spin models when they just delivered too much. The X isn't a hook machine either, just launches tad higher as designed. Go hit 'em πŸ™‚Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1

I picked up a TD last week as they are running their 2X trade in value deal.Β  I went in thinking I might want to try to standard Paradym, but got better numbers with the TD, and it seemed to just feel better to me. Tested several shafts, had the best numbers/results with the same shaft I have in my Srixon ZX5 LS, stock HZRDUS black gen 4 60 S, early in the year the Srixon kicked out a 425 LST.Β  On the simulator went with the heavy weight up front, stock 9 degree setting.Β 

Β 

Played Saturday and Sunday with it.Β  Saturday hit several good ones, but hit a couple that were sort wounded ducks, just fell out of the sky, not enough spin.Β  Sunday moved the heavy weight back, feel was still good, seemed to be a bit more stable, hit several good ones also.Β  One thing that for me I noticed, I struggled to hit a fade with it, almost all my misses were left.Β  I will say that I have been playing my Srixon 2 degrees open, that may have something to do with it, but I wanted to see if I could hit the Paradym with more loft, maybe I am just hitting it with more of a closed face, but can launch it up, I may try to open it up a degree and see if that changes anything.

Β 

Overall, I seemed really long on good strikes, reasonably forgiving on marginal strikes, but like I said there were a few that just didn't go out there like they should have. I have also now picked up a TD 5 wood, so now have three TD clubs to mess with.Β  Β My swing has felt off for several weeks, a bit of a hook has worked its way in, and all three clubs I seem to fight the hooks right now, but I really like the overall feel and looks.Β  If I can get my swing back in a groove, the upper part of my bag could be a real weapon.

WITB
TaylorMade Qi10 9.0 Tensei AV Limited Black 65 SΒ 

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 and 5 wood, Tensei AV Limited Blue 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX ZipcoreΒ  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour X L-Neck 35

Srixon-Z Star XV

On 6/9/2023 at 12:00 AM, cmatthews77 said:

Β 

Β 

I've also been pretty happy with the Epic Speed and have been very interested in how it compares with the Paradym.Β  I wondering if the "grass is greener on the other side" with the much more expensive Paradym and how much I'm really missing out on.

Driver--Callaway Rogue ST Max w/ProjectX Cypher Black

FW-4/7 woods--Callaway Paradym

Irons 4-5--Callaway Apex

Irons 6-PW--Callaway RazrX w/steel Uniflex-- shafts

F2 Series Gap Wedge 52* degree

SW-Cleveland CBX 56*

Putter--Odyssey White Steel

Ball-Srixon or Bridgestone E6

Β