Ping Blueprint Forged S

slalomdude

7 hours ago, rooski said:

They look pretty reasonable in Bryson's bag, maybe slightly larger soles than other OEMs but unless Bryson has a special grind on these soles I'd struggle to call them shovels

image.png.ef335fa9e8616e00f75ed14a8d32f393.png

"Unless Bryson  has a special grind......,"

Uh -

• Like 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

13 hours ago, Kale_m said:

The i230? Yes I have seen them and hit them.

compared to other players irons in the same category they are shovels 

I would see it differently. They are either bigger and WAY more forgiving than other players irons or much more consistent, not as jacked, and way better looking/feeling than other game improvement irons. Depending on where you put them.

i230 sit in the perfect spot for me, most clubs with that much forgiveness are actually built for distance, not for consistency.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

They look nice from address, but the rest of the styling is ... weird. The lines in the cavity, the chrome sole ... I don't know, just looks cheap. 

[And can we please move to a new era where OEMs stop cluttering clubs with all the unnecessary marketing stamps: "FORGED," "TUNGSTEN," "SPEED POCKET," Blah, Blah, Blah. People buying major OEM clubs are well aware of the materials and design features. It adds nothing to label them.]

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

14 hours ago, MK7Golf21 said:

I’ve played iblade for years, these are def bigger from the pics. Head is bigger and sole is bigger. I owned the anser forged irons as well and these look nearly the same from address pic.

I’m not sure I trust that you can see one pretty crappy picture of an iron with no frame of reference and make a determination on exactly how big they are but I guess we’ll see when they really come out next year lol

I feel like pings irons have been going down hill.

Has there ever been a single purchase of the i59's? That has to be the least popular player iron ever.

The i230's? A lot of pros seemed to stick with their i210 compared to the newer model. 

• Like 3

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 LS - Ventus TR Blue 6x (44 3/4)

3 Wood: Taylormade M2 - Ventus TR Blue 7x

3 Utility: Srixon MKII - Graphite Design DI 95x

Irons: Cobra Tour 4-PW LA Golf L Series 120x

Wedges: Cobra SB 50, 54, 58 LA Golf L Series Wedge flex

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini

Balls: TP5X

1 hour ago, uglande said:

[And can we please move to a new era where OEMs stop cluttering clubs with all the unnecessary marketing stamps: "FORGED," "TUNGSTEN," "SPEED POCKET," Blah, Blah, Blah. People buying major OEM clubs are well aware of the materials and design features. It adds nothing to label them.]

I’d like to see that too, but you’re overestimating how clued up the typical buyer is. 

People ask for a certain colour dot on their Pings because it’s their lucky colour, and to hell with the lie angle. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ae1985 said:

Agree with others that it looks much nicer in this video than in some of the still shots. Still have some quibbles, but willing to check it out. But knowing Ping, they'll roll these out at $300/club.

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

1 hour ago, MK7Golf21 said:

Looks like a replacement for these. I owned these and still own iblade. The anser forged are in between the iblade and I series in terms of size, at least back then in 2012. 

image.png.9481f7f999b0b36a254b3c9738fbda7e.png

When I saw the picture that was my first thought as well. I still have these in the bag it's ridiculous how well they hold up if you take care of them and they are so consistent for me in terms of spin and flight I haven't been able to kick them out. Hopefully the Blueprint S is similar to these, that would be a no brainer for me. 

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

The video from the Open posted today looks way better than than fuzzy in bag shots from last week. Hard to believe that they are aimed at 0-5 Hcaps as they look way more forgiving than that. To me, it looks like it would eat way into the I230 market. Will be interesting to see when they are released. Can we assume a fall release ? 

1 hour ago, MK7Golf21 said:

Looks like a replacement for these. I owned these and still own iblade. The anser forged are in between the iblade and I series in terms of size, at least back then in 2012. 

The angles look almost identical to the iblade though too. In reality anser and iblade were pretty similar sized. Biggest difference would be more higher toe weighting on the blueprint S. But it is definitely more in the style of the anser without the pocket cavity. 

6130AA78-40E6-46EF-9BF5-05EB7EE7DB35.jpeg

01F599C9-64F8-4500-BAAA-F6BB5EB80510.jpeg

EB31637F-103D-404E-A69E-7D8F41C08F80.png

C7F0521F-ECEE-444D-92EC-247250DB87A2.jpeg

2 minutes ago, slalomdude said:

The video from the Open posted today looks way better than than fuzzy in bag shots from last week. Hard to believe that they are aimed at 0-5 Hcaps as they look way more forgiving than that. To me, it looks like it would eat way into the I230 market. Will be interesting to see when they are released. Can we assume a fall release ? 

You have to remember that they have mostly a game improvement audience and even their tour players skew more towards bigger irons with a good amount playing 210/230. Ping seems to be in the “the more forgiving the better” category since even their game improvement type irons aren’t super hot and crazy strong lofted. 

9 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

The angles look almost identical to the iblade though too. In reality anser and iblade were pretty similar sized. Biggest difference would be more higher toe weighting on the blueprint S. But it is definitely more in the style of the anser without the pocket cavity. 

6130AA78-40E6-46EF-9BF5-05EB7EE7DB35.jpeg

01F599C9-64F8-4500-BAAA-F6BB5EB80510.jpeg

EB31637F-103D-404E-A69E-7D8F41C08F80.png

C7F0521F-ECEE-444D-92EC-247250DB87A2.jpeg

anser slightly longer heel to toe than iblade, sole only a hair thicker. Back then it was like s series, anser, i series ...etc. in terms of footprint. 

Edited by MK7Golf21

8 minutes ago, MK7Golf21 said:

anser slightly longer heel to toe than iblade, sole only a hair thicker. Back then it was like s series, anser, i series ...etc. in terms of footprint. 

Yeah. Looking at pictures of the anser they did some really weird things with it. So it might be like the short/mid irons of the anser. But the long irons they basically made like full game improvement status. So seems to me that it falls somewhere between the two. 

I love ping. I’m sure these irons will perform. I trust they have a vision for their product line.

But the way they handle their iron lineup confuses the heck out of me.

Wouldn’t you just want to upgrade the OG blueprint? But I guess that is the I59? Or not? And then what is this blueprint S? It seems to overlap a lot with the i230, and if you wanted that why not just make the i230 forged?

Ping’s like “you’re gettin a new G series every two years and then we’re just spitballin’ with the rest.”

mostly tongue in cheek, but I eagerly await hearing Marty Jertson explain to me how these all fit together.

• Like 3

The toe screw needs to die.  I know it is functional and serves a purpose for swing weighting, but I'm just not a fan.

Paradym 10.5 w/Graphite Design ADHD 5S

Paradym 3WHL w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Paradym 7W w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Ping 425 4H w/Tensei Orange 80HYS at 23°

Yonex Ezone CB 301 5-PW w/ Nippon Modus TOUR125S

Mizuno Copper T22 50S, 54D, 58X w/ Project X LZ 6.0

LAB Golf B.2

4 minutes ago, Brobespierre said:

I love ping. I’m sure these irons will perform. I trust they have a vision for their product line.

But the way they handle their iron lineup confuses the heck out of me.

Wouldn’t you just want to upgrade the OG blueprint? But I guess that is the I59? Or not? And then what is this blueprint S? It seems to overlap a lot with the i230, and if you wanted that why not just make the i230 forged?

Ping’s like “you’re gettin a new G series every two years and then we’re just spitballin’ with the rest.”

mostly tongue in cheek, but I eagerly await hearing Marty Jertson explain to me how these all fit together.

They’ve struggled with their players type irons recently. In part because they can’t find a way to get vertical CG in a reasonable spot it seems like. It’s even super high in the i210. 

But there’s 3 really distinct categories that they’re lacking in they nailed down the blades with blueprint which are still VERY relevant irons (and let’s be honest there’s not much to do with blades year to year). Along with these is apparently a true blueprint blade (named blueprint t).

Theres a pretty big separation between the blades they had and the i-series in terms of clunkyness. The i210/230 are irons that not a lot of other companies have anymore. More traditionally lofted players irons with a full pocket cavity. The i59 seemed like more of an attempt for them to get into the hollow body iron category like the p770s that didn’t really work out. Those were never really true tour/players irons despite the players kind of package. But I think they hoped some of the s55 guys would buy into those. So That’s why so many of their tour players still play the s55s, because they don’t want blades and the i230s are too big for them. I think these irons are their attempt to bridge the gap. 

But you’re right the way they structure their players irons is SUPER chaotic. It seems like now they’re moving towards a little more structure if that letter guideline post is going to come to life. They’re just throwing s*** at the wall and hoping it sticks. So yes they needed to address this segment but they need to figure out a damn structure to their irons. The only consistent line they have is the g and i2- -  series. Other than that it’s been randomly names one offs. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, UnderPar18 said:

Dear Ping,
Please re-release s55 irons and call it a day. 

From,
Everyone

I agree but s55 are iblade are the same. The difference is the type of metal, the s line s56, s55 had delamination issues which is the reason they moved on from the s55 and made the iblade in a different type of metal. Some pro's didn't like the difference saying it changed how the ball came off the face.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wedgegame said:

The toe screw needs to die.  I know it is functional and serves a purpose for swing weighting, but I'm just not a fan.

Noooo! The toe screw is phenomenal. I love being able to hit higher swing weights without cramming the weight into the hosel. PXG's system might be even better, but if the toe weight bothers you, I'm not sure that would be ideal either. 

I get how being OK with how the tech actually looks matters, though ... for example, I hate how P770s/P790s, Wilson irons, etc., have those lines or holes on the bottoms of their soles. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

12 minutes ago, eric61 said:

I get how being OK with how the tech actually looks matters, though ... for example, I hate how P770s/P790s, Wilson irons, etc., have those lines or holes on the bottoms of their soles. 

I agree, I'd prefer not to see any tech and especially don't need labels on the club head telling me it's there.  I won't argue the functionality of the toe screw, just wish there was a cleaner implementation.

• Like 1

Paradym 10.5 w/Graphite Design ADHD 5S

Paradym 3WHL w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Paradym 7W w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Ping 425 4H w/Tensei Orange 80HYS at 23°

Yonex Ezone CB 301 5-PW w/ Nippon Modus TOUR125S

Mizuno Copper T22 50S, 54D, 58X w/ Project X LZ 6.0

LAB Golf B.2

4 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I really like the initial looks of this iron.  Will definitely add it to my list since the TCB is no longer available and it’s time for new irons. 

I think the first leaked image didn't do the club justice because of the green reflection in the chrome (perhaps someones shirt reflected).

Watching this video and seeing the SMS account grid post with all the recent irons from Ping makes me so much more excited about the look and feel. I think it'll be interesting to see if Hatton / Hovland have them in the bag for a major this week as that would be pretty committed sign off from two great ball strikers with their trust of the performance tech of this model. Especially when Hov didn't switch to i230, but is potentially moving to these straight-away. 

4 hours ago, MK7Golf21 said:

The Anser line from top to bottom were some of the most underrated clubs ever made.  The driver/fw/hybrids were out of this world.

• Like 2
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22