Ping Blueprint Forged S

slalomdude

I think they nailed the aesthetics on the original Blueprint, i59, and i210. Obviously there are some performance challenges since no pros are putting the i59 in the bag and only Tyrell Hatton has the i230. The i525 and i230 are blasé efforts aesthetically.

These Blueprint S’s are flat out ugly. I was hoping for the original blueprint with a longer blade length and a touch of forgiveness. I think that’s that the i59 was supposed to be. Does anyone know why the i59 was a dud for competitive golfers? Don’t even see them at Am tournaments. 

6 minutes ago, Amarsuperstar said:

I think they nailed the aesthetics on the original Blueprint, i59, and i210. Obviously there are some performance challenges since no pros are putting the i59 in the bag and only Tyrell Hatton has the i230. The i525 and i230 are blasé efforts aesthetically.

These Blueprint S’s are flat out ugly. I was hoping for the original blueprint with a longer blade length and a touch of forgiveness. I think that’s that the i59 was supposed to be. Does anyone know why the i59 was a dud for competitive golfers? Don’t even see them at Am tournaments. 

From what I’ve heard in reviews and from personal experience with the I59, it was the sound for me. They felt as clicky as any iron I’ve hit. My Z565’s sound better than the 59’s. Most of the reviews I’ve seen had the same negative feedback.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amarsuperstar said:

For someone that played high level am events and mini tours for a while the i59s just spun way too much for me with the micromax grooves and the iron just didn’t feel solid to me either

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D

8 hours ago, MK7Golf21 said:

I agree but s55 are iblade are the same. The difference is the type of metal, the s line s56, s55 had delamination issues which is the reason they moved on from the s55 and made the iblade in a different type of metal. Some pro's didn't like the difference saying it changed how the ball came off the face.

I've never heard of delamination problems with the 56's or 55's. At least not to where it was considered a common thing. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

45 minutes ago, Amarsuperstar said:

Didn't you just post that it was going to be like T100;T100s? In that case, basically identical? 

Ya, I'm expecting them to be slightly thinner and between sizes. We'll see if they stay with that. I expect the MB original to stay exactly as is.

If it's a chrome plating that puts you off, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

In the end, marketing is going to market.

• Like 2

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

14 hours ago, Amarsuperstar said:

The i59 was never really supposed to be a tour type iron I don’t think. It’s hollow, and is pretty similar to the p770, where it’s a hollow “players iron” but probably didn’t have the solidness of the others. According to MPF they also (kind of like the Nike vapor pro/pro combo irons that they look like a copy of) had a stupidly high center of gravity which makes it really hard to control spin with. But to be fair the i210 also has an extremely high COG so idk. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

The i59 was never really supposed to be a tour type iron I don’t think. It’s hollow, and is pretty similar to the p770, where it’s a hollow “players iron” but probably didn’t have the solidness of the others. According to MPF they also (kind of like the Nike vapor pro/pro combo irons that they look like a copy of) had a stupidly high center of gravity which makes it really hard to control spin with. But to be fair the i210 also has an extremely high COG so idk. 

I think they were supposed to be a tour iron, ping just over thought it or over engineered it. On paper it sounds great to make a hollow iron then put a lightweight aluminum structure on the inside to make it feel solid and keep some MOI. People just never caught onto the feel though. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RacineBoxer said:

I think they were supposed to be a tour iron, ping just over thought it or over engineered it. On paper it sounds great to make a hollow iron then put a lightweight aluminum structure on the inside to make it feel solid and keep some MOI. People just never caught onto the feel though. 

Yeah.  But the tech always kind of struck me as  a similar role in the lineup to the mp20/18 mmc's. I think that was more of their target audience.  Its pretty much a more compact/mb style version of that. It's kind of in between a players iron and a super tech packed forgiveness iron..  Ping has a weird pro base that doesn't always play new innovations, so I think they're a bit more free to test stuff out in the smaller players irons.  The technology in those irons were really impressive for how much forgiveness they had, it just didn't hit the market well because of whatever it was.  I do think they did hope it would take off with a few of the iblade players, but I don't think it was their goal to replace any certain iron.

• Like 1

The original Blueprint iron cannot be improved upon. Whatever these are, they ain't it.

Change my mind.

• Like 4

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

4 minutes ago, JakeW13 said:

The original Blueprint iron cannot be improved upon. Whatever these are, they ain't it.

Change my mind.

I’m not able to get the blueprint in the air enough to game them or any muscle iron but the look of the blueprint is about as good as you can make an iron look.

26 minutes ago, MK7Golf21 said:

it was a problem. Their warranty department was getting swamped with warranty claims over this. 

Guess I'm lucky. Mine are like tanks. 😁

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

1 minute ago, braincramp52 said:

Guess I'm lucky. Mine are like tanks. 😁

just depends I guess, mine never did it as well. According to them it is the reason they moved on from the s55 and made the iblade in a different type of metal. We might still have the s55 if it wasn't for this issue. The iblade is still produced all these years later. The i series had the same problem then but I don't think as often.

8 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Ya, I'm expecting them to be slightly thinner and between sizes. We'll see if they stay with that. I expect the MB original to stay exactly as is.

If it's a chrome plating that puts you off, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

In the end, marketing is going to market.

Appreciate the insight. I look forward to seeing the T.

It’s definitely not just the chrome that throws me. I’m a product designer and  aesthetics matter to me.  It’s all subjective so I’m not going write some grand critique it’s departure from the trajectory of the Ping design language. I wouldn’t just chalk it up to marketing. I’m almost always willing to let performance trump aesthetics for golf clubs, but there are many options for irons that both look and perform very well. 

3 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

Makes a lot of sense. I am still gaming the Vapor Pro’s. Sole design fits me well and I prefer a longer blade length. Tough to find that combination. I really do struggle with flyers. At least once a round I’m getting a mid-iron that flies 30yds long. One of the reasons I’m following this new iron closely. It’s time for a change. 

I truly love the original Blueprints, I just wish they had a longer blade version. 

1 hour ago, Amarsuperstar said:

Makes a lot of sense. I am still gaming the Vapor Pro’s. Sole design fits me well and I prefer a longer blade length. Tough to find that combination. I really do struggle with flyers. At least once a round I’m getting a mid-iron that flies 30yds long. One of the reasons I’m following this new iron closely. It’s time for a change. 

I truly love the original Blueprints, I just wish they had a longer blade version. 

Would you consider yourself to be slightly on the lower end of the spin spectrum?

1 hour ago, RacineBoxer said:

Would you consider yourself to be slightly on the lower end of the spin spectrum?

I need to get back on a good launch monitor soon. I recently made some swing changes. I’m fairly shallow now in mid to long irons. But my 7i CHS was 101mph at my last lesson where I made the changes. I like my level of spin on those clubs. I’m a little steep and struggling with too much spin on short irons and wedges. Currently playing Chrome Soft X.

Edited by Amarsuperstar

2 hours ago, MK7Golf21 said:

just depends I guess, mine never did it as well. According to them it is the reason they moved on from the s55 and made the iblade in a different type of metal. We might still have the s55 if it wasn't for this issue. The iblade is still produced all these years later. The i series had the same problem then but I don't think as often.

Iblades are still available? From where?

• Like 1

I'm not a big Ping guy, but it's my opinion that if Ping releases these Blueprint S irons, they will be a homerun for them.   Folks who salivate for the old "S" line of irons will turn to them in droves.  Including the likes of the guys that still play the S irons like Fitzpatrick.  I think that's what they will be, an updated modern S iron from Ping.  Tour adaption will be huge, plus they will have the MB updated.  That I59 trash will go out the window, they will continue a hollow design with the I525 line.  I think it will break down again to I, I-hollow, G, BPS, BPT...that would make the most sense to me.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star