2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping Blueprint Forged S

slalomdude

1 hour ago, vernon said:

When I ordered a set of i230's back in January it took almost nine weeks to get the seven iron.

Ping said that they used up all of the seven iron shafts in demo sets and had to wait for them to be backfilled.

Seemed pretty ridiculous to me but that's what they said.

Ordered a set of the Blueprint S last week so I guess we'll see how that goes.

Good luck to us both!

My set today...hopefully all are accounted for. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 12:53 PM, TheMoneyShot said:

Wonder what the “S” stands for?

I think I heard from somewhere that it stands for "Special"

• Like 1

TaylorMade Qi10 Fairway Tour 3-Wood w/ Mitsubishi Kaili Blue 7X

Titleist U505 3UI w/ Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 8X

Titleist T150 5i, 6i w/ Project X True Temper S300

Titleist T100 7i~Pi w/ Project X True Temper S300

Titleist Vokey Wedges SM10 52F, 56M, 60T w/ Project X True Temper S400

Callaway Ai-One Rossie S Putter 

19 minutes ago, Oneon said:

I think I heard from somewhere that it stands for "Special"

+1. Here's the article/link: https://golf.com/gear/pings-blueprint-t-and-s-forged-irons-4-things-you-need-to-know/#:~:text=But names represent something%2C and,into true blade-style clubs. 

"S" means that it's part of the S Series (S59->S55) and apparently the original meaning/name represents something special

• Like 1

PING G430 MAX 10K 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ (Azalea) 6X

PING G430 MAX 3W 15°@14° | Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 7X

PING G430 MAX 7W 21°@19.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 8X

PING G430 5H 26°@25° | Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 9X

PING i230 5i-7i, PING Blueprint S 8i-PW | Fujikura Axiom 125X

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 50°-12 | Fujikura Axiom 125X

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 55°-11 (56°@55°), 60°-8 (58°T@60°), Glide Forged Pro 60°-09 (59°EYE2@60°) | DG S400 Tour Issue "Season Opener" Masters Edition

PING PLD Custom DS72H 35.5" | BGT Stability Tour Masters M-Edition and L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX 36" White/Green Masters Edition | LA GOLF P-Series 135 White/Green

Titleist Pro V1x

8 hours ago, urjc22 said:

Has anyone ordered a set of Blueprint S with Axiom 105s directly from Ping?  I placed an order and am trying to understand how long it took others to receive.  I am going on about 3.5 weeks now.  

I ordered axiom 125. First week of march. Still waiting. Hopefully they ship soon. 

On 4/13/2024 at 2:12 PM, urjc22 said:

Has anyone ordered a set of Blueprint S with Axiom 105s directly from Ping?  I placed an order and am trying to understand how long it took others to receive.  I am going on about 3.5 weeks now.  

When I inquired about graphite shafts for the i230's I ordered from Discount Dan's, they quoted me 8 weeks for Axiom and MMT. 

On 4/9/2024 at 3:33 PM, danielryanw said:

Just heard back from Ping Fitting and Consumer relations and they stated that all of their irons are 0.355” taper haha. Going to throw taper tip shafts in so we’ll see if the heads stay on. 

I did order Ping collared ferrules that I’m going to cut the collar off of and place in the top of the head to use in conjunction with custom colored ferrules. So this should help keep the shaft aligned at least. 

Did you order the collared ferrules from golfworks? 

Curious how your build turns out. 
I got the Modus 105’s with my set, but I have a set of 115 pulls (which I like better than the 105) that I want to install. 
I do all my own club work but haven’t ever had a set of Pings. Read horror stories about reshafting Pings + the hosel weights in the BPS design (just the unknown of what it actually is)…there’s just not much info out there on these hosel weights. 

So I experimented w/ just the 4i. There was a rubber looking tip weight (9g I think). Definitely more room at the bottom of the hosel than any other iron I’ve dealt with; so much that the shaft needs something to center it. The tricky thing is the insert depth is pretty minimal. 

46 minutes ago, Green Lit said:

I got the Modus 105’s with my set, but I have a set of 115 pulls (which I like better than the 105) that I want to install. 
I do all my own club work but haven’t ever had a set of Pings. Read horror stories about reshafting Pings + the hosel weights in the BPS design (just the unknown of what it actually is)…there’s just not much info out there on these hosel weights. 

So I experimented w/ just the 4i. There was a rubber looking tip weight (9g I think). Definitely more room at the bottom of the hosel than any other iron I’ve dealt with; so much that the shaft needs something to center it. The tricky thing is the insert depth is pretty minimal. 

I reshafted mine with the LA’s and saw the rubber plug. I didn’t pull it out but I don’t think it was actually 9g. Even with the high balance point of the LA’s they came out 3 sw’s lighter. 

On 4/15/2024 at 9:30 AM, Green Lit said:

I did order the collared Ping ferrules from golfworks. I cut the collars off, and placed them in the hosel up to the shoulder/step. It makes a big difference. 
I know Ping is saying they’re .355” but there is a lot of slop at the bottom — I could put a .370” putt shaft straight to the bottom. 
With the collar pieces placed in the top it takes the slop out. 
I received only the heads so if there had been any rubber pieces in the bottom of the hosel they were no longer there. 
I used the collar pieces in conjunction with a light mixing of glass shafting beads in with my epoxy. 
I put epoxy all throughout in the hosel and then placed the collar pieces in, then spun the shafts down and in (with custom non-collared collars). 
They turned out great. We shall see how they hold up. I’ll get out this week pound some balls and report back. 

With C Taper 130x shafts, +1” and midsize grips w/ +2 wraps on bottom they’re SW’ing at D5 which is pretty much in line with all my other sets in the same setups (D5-6). 

1 hour ago, danielryanw said:

I did order the collared Ping ferrules from golfworks. I cut the collars off, and placed them in the hosel up to the shoulder/step. It makes a big difference. 
I know Ping is saying they’re .355” but there is a lot of slop at the bottom — I could put a .370” putt shaft straight to the bottom. 
With the collar pieces placed in the top it takes the slop out. 
I received only the heads so if there had been any rubber pieces in the bottom of the hosel they were no longer there. 
I used the collar pieces in conjunction with a light mixing of glass shafting beads in with my epoxy. 
I put epoxy all throughout in the hosel and then placed the collar pieces in, then spun the shafts down and in (with custom non-collared collars). 
They turned out great. We shall see how they hold up. I’ll get out this week pound some balls and report back. 

With C Taper 130x shafts, +1” and midsize grips w/ +2 wraps on bottom they’re SW’ing at D5 which is pretty much in line with all my other sets in the same setups (D5-6). 

Smart work.  Thanks for sharing.  Yeah it would be great reporting back after you've had a chance to put them thru their paces.  I'll likely follow your method.

I have played 36 Holes with my Blueprint S and been to the range three times.  I tested all three with Recoil 110 F5 graphite, as this was a very good shaft for me, and the only one I had three of.  The PXG's have been sold, but were played in Recoils, the other three are still on hand.  All were in the 7 iron and all were the same loft and lie.  I AM NOT a ping iron homer, never really cared at all for a single Ping iron.  Now I love their woods(Driver and 5 wood+, never cared for a thin 3 wood).

Previous Iron Sets (oldest to newest)

Srixon ZX7 (6-PW, ZX5 - 5 iron)

PXG 0317ST (6-PW, CB - 5 iron)

Cobra Tour (5-GW)

Feel (Completely Subjective and YMMV) Best to worst

ZX7

BPS

PXG

Cobra

So for me, growing up playing Mizuno's and Bridgestones for YEARS, however feel was not why I chose an iron, but obviously for many reading the Srixon was the best feel.  I choose based on scoring and performance, not feel, but  Srixon is Srixon so of course they feel good.  The BPS is not 1020, so not a huge disappointment.  The PXG and the Cobra when hit on the screws felt very similar.

Off Center (Toe side is my miss)

All perform admirably on misses.  PXG was the worst, and the BPS, ZX7 and Cobra Tour were all very similar.  On thin shots the Cobra perform the best, with BPS and Srixon having similar final distances and being close.

Performance on Center strikes

I have made some changes to my swing since last winter and the lower spinning Cobra's and Srixon's leave a bit too be desired.  I tried a couple of different shafts, and even tried weakening the lofts and changing the golf ball, but that created some other issues, so I want a design that spun a bit more for my swing.

I did not save my numbers but in essence off of Turf with a Z Star XV

Srixon Spun the lowest and launched the lowest, dispersion was good left right, a little off front to back.  It is better with the diamond.

Cobra was similar to the Srixon, but with more forgiveness.  Both went farther than I wanted.

BPS launched just a tick lower spun more (to the tune of 650 RPM) which helps on early morning rounds(Dew), slight rough issues be closer to a normal distance shot.  Heavy rough they flew even less than because their starting spin was so much higher.

Turf Interaction.

This winter as I changed my swing I found myself digging too much with the Tours.  I was also adapting to the tours and dropping posture, which hurt.  In the warmer months they are great.

Pings I only got to hit a few shots from wetter lies from rain one afternoon this week and they performed well, not as good as the Srixons for an admitted digger, but still very well.

Size 

The BPS are obviously smaller than the Srixon's and Cobra Tours.  Maybe that has led to my better iron play with them, or just the head shapes performance.  I do not care, I like the better performance and am happy.

I put the DG MID 115 X100's back in the pings and will play them like that for awhile (have a couple of tourneys coming) and then later this year decide if the Axioms go in or the recoils.  I may take a trip to CChampion and test the blueprints with shafts they offer as I need Graphite (wrist injury) and not sure pulling and moving around all of my shafts if it would not just be easier to go there and try shafts.

• Like 3
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4-iron Ping Blueprint S - Ventus Blue 90 Hybrid X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Recoil 110 F5
  • GW - Ping Glide 4.0s 50* - Recoil 110 F5 | Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - LAB DF3 - Accra White | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Tried i530 and BPS 7 irons side by side today same shafts etc.

They cleaned up the feel of i530 big time.  Could easily combo with BPS. Ping knows how to make a great iron huh.

The BPS felt really really good.  Very soft with a some pop on it.  Spin was slightly on the lower side, but still more than say ZX7 and def higher than i530s.

Honestly, after hitting them today I really want a combo set.  They both felt amazing and superior to the irons I'm currently gaming.  I say that reluctantly.  The looks from address would be a smooth transition.  The i530's are slightly longer heal to toe, with top line and offset very close.  Would go 8-PW BPS to 4-7 i530

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S ,54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

I ordered Orange Dot stock AWT 2.0 Regular Flex (I've lost sooo much club head speed last 2 years).  

Ordered them about a week ago from a local pro shop.  Was told I'd have them within 10 days.  I would be happily surprised if they showed up within 20 days after the last few years of slow EveryThing involving shipping. 

I've a good feeling about them like I did when I got my S55's years ago.

10 hours ago, JMH1220 said:

Yeah I’m living through others til mine arrive. Let’s hear more reviews. Was this too much club for many?  That’s my fear. Irons are def the best part of my game

You should be fine with the BPS. I had them in the bag in late winter and shot my best round of the season. I currently play to a 7.5…moved on from them because I wasn’t seeing consistency in my indoor sim hitting off a mat. That was a mistake. As others have said, they really shine off turf. With our local courses in the southeast really starting to come in, I should have given the BPS more time in the bag. They really are fantastic. 

18 minutes ago, Dyno4 said:

You should be fine with the BPS. I had them in the bag in late winter and shot my best round of the season. I currently play to a 7.5…moved on from them because I wasn’t seeing consistency in my indoor sim hitting off a mat. That was a mistake. As others have said, they really shine off turf. With our local courses in the southeast really starting to come in, I should have given the BPS more time in the bag. They really are fantastic. 

👍 

Ordered Blueprint S 5-PW with Recoil Dart 75 in regular what will be three weeks ago tomorrow.

Was told ten days but no word so far.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

I bought a basically new set of the BPS from a member here and so far love them. Perfect dense feel that I have been chasing since I had the OG blueprints. My other set is the 923 Tours and they are super soft, but I think I like the slightly denser feeling of the BPS. And they are more forgiving as well. Think these will be my set this year. 

Cobra Darkspeed LS, Ventus TR Blue 6x

Ping G430 Max 15*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping G430 Max 21*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping Blueprint S 4-P, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno T24, 50*/56*/60*, KBS Hi Rev 2.0 blackout 

Evnroll ESR2 Black