Is it your opinion that Tiger Woods should play in the 2016 Masters?

ImAPrettyGoodPlayer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?

I'm with HICsy on this one, lol

I mean HowITH can we give an opinion on an individual, his health and personal situation in which we have absolutely no knowledge?

Oh wait, I forgot, this is WRX.....

Oh no PGP, please don't get up, I'll show myself out :)

Stay Well My Friend, welcome to the Board and the very best to ya in pursuit of your dream!!!

As Always~

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

No, he shouldn't.

1. He is still healing and could hurt himself more.

2. He hasn't played in competition for quite a while.

3. He isn't competitive, why take a spot from someone who is.

4. He isn't mentally prepared for a return yet.

5. The pressure would be unbearable, definitely a crash and burn.

6. Anyone who thinks he is ready..........needs to pull their head ( | )

No, he shouldn't.

1. He is still healing and could hurt himself more.

2. He hasn't played in competition for quite a while.

3. He isn't competitive, why take a spot from someone who is.

4. He isn't mentally prepared for a return yet.

5. The pressure would be unbearable, definitely a crash and burn.

6. Anyone who thinks he is ready..........needs to pull their head ( | )

Hate to comment on a ridiculous thread but wanted to point out that he wouldn't be taking a place from someone else. At The Masters you either qualify and have the option to play or don't and don't.

I am going to be up front and blunt on this one---- Hell no if his back has not healed yet! I mean he has other things to look forward to in life besides golf and he does not want to go through the rest of his life with a potential dehabiliting injury. We do not really know the extent of his injury and I am not a Tiger fan but would hate to see him re injure it and maybe be in a wheelchair or be bent over and such and not be able to enjoy the rest of his life with his kids and as time goes on his grand kids. You can see he hurts now both physically and mentally.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Oh, if anyone cares, this is my Birth Month!!!

BirthDAY???

Nah, my Grandmother told me that I was special, hence, those around me me should show their Love, Affection and gratitude by celebrating the whole month, though the actual date/day of my dropping was the 12th~

Hey, WTF, Tiger had Earl and I had Ethel :)

Ah for chrissakes, this older lady next to me in IV's wants her pain Meds and she's got about 5-6 minutes before they'll give em to her so she's gettin all cantankerous and this nurse that I don't like(in all fairness she probably doesn't care for me ;) ) gets all pissy with me cuz when the ole lady said "this place sucks," I just said "You go girl," and I let out a Flairesque "Whoooooooo" and at least she smiled-

Nurse says I'm "instigating and inflaming the situation."

I always get blamed for this s*** :(

Take care BroMeisters :)

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

He should be the ceremonial tee shot guy.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

Why not? There will be plenty of washed up hacks with less than zero chance of winning taking up spots in the field. Not saying tiger is a washed up hack, just being cynical about the Masters stupid former champion lifetime exemption.

Now that the course is a lot longer, it seems like some of the older guys are dropping out sooner than they used to. I know Crenshaw left last year, and, I believe,Watson said he was done, also. Stadler quit after he played with his son. I think Langer, Couples, Mize and O'Mera are playing, but I don't think there are any other older guys playing.And, they may be taking a spot in the field, but it is a spot they earned, and it doesn't keep anyone out of the field.

If he really wants to chase Jack's record, he should take off the whole year. No swinging, just rehab and very light weights, and some aerobic stuff. And then sometime next January he could start to put a golf game back together.

But he can't say that he is going to do that because he would lose sponsorship $$$. So he will string the golf world along.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Oh, if anyone cares, this is my Birth Month!!!

BirthDAY???

Nah, my Grandmother told me that I was special, hence, those around me me should show their Love, Affection and gratitude by celebrating the whole month, though the actual date/day of my dropping was the 12th~

Hey, WTF, Tiger had Earl and I had Ethel :)

Ah for chrissakes, this older lady next to me in IV's wants her pain Meds and she's got about 5-6 minutes before they'll give em to her so she's gettin all cantankerous and this nurse that I don't like(in all fairness she probably doesn't care for me ;) ) gets all pissy with me cuz when the ole lady said "this place sucks," I just said "You go girl," and I let out a Flairesque "Whoooooooo" and at least she smiled-

Nurse says I'm "instigating and inflaming the situation."

I always get blamed for this s*** :(

Take care BroMeisters :)

My Best,

RP

Sweetheart, the reason that they "blame" you is because after talking to the nurses, I believe them when they say that you are usually right smack in the middle of whatever it is that is ocurring, lolol. Regarding your birthday/birthmonth, Ava asked me if that means that you get presents every day and I explained that you were joking, and she replied, "no mommy, daddy's serious, he wants us to treat him special for a month," lol. That God for little girls, hahaha. Behave please. Regarding Tiger, I believe that he will be physically healed before he is mentally "healed" and ready to compete. He should not step onto a tourney fee until he is ready mentally :) M

If he really wants to chase Jack's record, he should take off the whole year. No swinging, just rehab and very light weights, and some aerobic stuff. And then sometime next January he could start to put a golf game back together.

But he can't say that he is going to do that because he would lose sponsorship $$$. So he will string the golf world along.

"I've been hitting balls and training daily, but I'm not physically ready. I've said all along that this time I need to be cautious and do what's best for my long-term health and career."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/02/golf/tiger-woods-masters-withdraws-injury/index.html

After 3 back surgeries, there should be caution with respect health vs. even playing golf. If he is methodically building up to making full driver swings, then the key will be how his body responds to going full bore over 4 days.

If there is are warning signs that he cant handle it after many months of rehab, time to hang it up. If not, he is playing Russian roulette with his health.

No need to end up crippled.

Why not? There will be plenty of washed up hacks with less than zero chance of winning taking up spots in the field. Not saying tiger is a washed up hack, just being cynical about the Masters stupid former champion lifetime exemption.

Now that the course is a lot longer, it seems like some of the older guys are dropping out sooner than they used to. I know Crenshaw left last year, and, I believe,Watson said he was done, also. Stadler quit after he played with his son. I think Langer, Couples, Mize and O'Mera are playing, but I don't think there are any other older guys playing.And, they may be taking a spot in the field, but it is a spot they earned, and it doesn't keep anyone out of the field.

Craig Stadler did not play with his son in the 2014 Masters. They were not paired together.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2024952-no-ordinary-family-affair-for-craig-and-kevin-stadler-at-the-2014-masters

Again how can u or any1 other than tigers doctor say what he shud and Shid not be doing . If he wants to chase jack he needs to do what will benefit him the most and gets him healthy

Mayb that means take a year off mayb that means take 6 months off mayb that means he can play the us open

Tiger fan all my life . Hope he recovers and gets another few wins to at least hold the all time win record because I don't he will catch jack for the majors

My opinion is that I would have liked to see him play. That is the only opinion I have - I am no privy to how he feels, to what his physician(s) have advised him about his back, to what his swing looks like right now, to how confident he feels about his recovery etc., etc.

I am not certain what the OP meant to ask, but if the question is what was meant to be asked it is kind of a ridiculous questions, IMHO.

Craig Stadler did not play with his son in the 2014 Masters. They were not paired together.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2024952-no-ordinary-family-affair-for-craig-and-kevin-stadler-at-the-2014-masters

Well, I did get that wrong, but I knew they were both in the field, and the Walrus said it would be his last Masters.