Bubba's latest $825,000 Richard Mille wristwatch

2»

Comments

• Bonhomme RichardBonhomme Richard Members  560WRX Points: 68Posts: 560 Bunkers

There's no reason on earth that watch should be 800 large. If they priced it competitively in the Rolex sports watch range, ~ $10-15k, they would sell a ton of them.

Perhaps. But they don't want to sell a ton of them. They would have to sell 4,125 of them at $10,000 to match what they will make on 50 of them at $825,000 = $41,250,000. Being that they are hand made and assembled it would be impossible. I respect Rolex for what it is, but it uses a mass produced movement. They make gazillions of them. A large part of the mystique and desirability about Mille is that there are relatively few around.

Rolex movements aren't mass produced. They are in-house and handmade as well.

I think you've been drinking the "Rolex cool aid" my friend. You wouldn't call 800,000+ watches a year mass produced?? Their production is heavily automated.

Rolex is a fine watch, and I may or may not have a couple in my collection, but they are definitely mass produced and they are not the least bit "rare". They have a marketing and advertising program second to none and they have created an amazing empire, which I do respect, but they are quite "common" and a touch dull in my opinion.

That's fair. By mass produced you made it sound like they were throwing ETA movements in them.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • StillboardStillboard Leftie Members  1004WRX Points: 1Handicap: ~Posts: 1,004 Platinum Tees
    How do you pronounce the name? Mill, mile, or milly?
    Posted:
    Ping driver
    Taylormade fairways
    Adams irons
    Vokey and CG wedges
    Yes! putter
    W/S and Vice balls
    Nike shoes
    http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers  7281WRX Points: 588Handicap: 1.8Posts: 7,281 Titanium Tees
    RICHARD MILLE – REE-SHARD MEEHL

He is French. The company is based in Switzerland.
    Posted:
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    PXG gen 1 tours 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • p3gap3ga Members  648WRX Points: 89Handicap: 9Posts: 648 Golden Tee
    evoviiiyou wrote:

That equates to 2,068 Ping G Drivers at the $399 SRP.

WOW!

Or approx 41,250 V-Steel fairway woods on the Bay....
    Posted:
    Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London

All the clubs I've ever owned.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.