Bubba's latest $825,000 Richard Mille wristwatch

2»

Comments

• Bonhomme RichardBonhomme Richard Members Posts: 558 ✭✭

There's no reason on earth that watch should be 800 large. If they priced it competitively in the Rolex sports watch range, ~ $10-15k, they would sell a ton of them.

Perhaps. But they don't want to sell a ton of them. They would have to sell 4,125 of them at $10,000 to match what they will make on 50 of them at $825,000 = $41,250,000. Being that they are hand made and assembled it would be impossible. I respect Rolex for what it is, but it uses a mass produced movement. They make gazillions of them. A large part of the mystique and desirability about Mille is that there are relatively few around.

Rolex movements aren't mass produced. They are in-house and handmade as well.

I think you've been drinking the "Rolex cool aid" my friend. You wouldn't call 800,000+ watches a year mass produced?? Their production is heavily automated.

Rolex is a fine watch, and I may or may not have a couple in my collection, but they are definitely mass produced and they are not the least bit "rare". They have a marketing and advertising program second to none and they have created an amazing empire, which I do respect, but they are quite "common" and a touch dull in my opinion.

That's fair. By mass produced you made it sound like they were throwing ETA movements in them.
  • StillboardStillboard Leftie Members Posts: 1,004
    How do you pronounce the name? Mill, mile, or milly?
    Ping driver
    Taylormade fairways
    Adams irons
    Vokey and CG wedges
    Yes! putter
    W/S and Vice balls
    Nike shoes
    http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,227 ✭✭
    RICHARD MILLE – REE-SHARD MEEHL

He is French. The company is based in Switzerland.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • p3gap3ga Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    evoviiiyou wrote:

That equates to 2,068 Ping G Drivers at the $399 SRP.

WOW!

Or approx 41,250 V-Steel fairway woods on the Bay....
    Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London

All the clubs I've ever owned.