202390.jpg?w=850&h=850&mode=max
  • Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,234 ✭✭
    iBanesto wrote:

Ho-Sung Choi.

The golfer of the people.

202368.jpg?w=850&h=850&mode=max

202393.jpg?w=850&h=850&mode=max

202390.jpg?w=850&h=850&mode=max

Maybe he'll win so much they'll make a statue of him based on one of these pics. Personally, I'd pick the 3rd photo.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,566 ✭✭
    George-HW-Bush-playing-golf.jpg

Tiger-Woods-Athlete-Golfer-Known-Free-Image-George-2962.jpg BmAnUyICQAACEYz.jpg
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,161 ✭✭

George-HW-Bush-playing-golf.jpg

Tiger-Woods-Athlete-Golfer-Known-Free-Image-George-2962.jpg BmAnUyICQAACEYz.jpg

RIP
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • ChristosteroneChristosterone Reverse C ClubWRX Posts: 1,337 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 1, 2018 #1116
    Sixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
    Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,415 ClubWRX
  • DoyouevenbladeDoyouevenblade Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Palmer looks like he just drips cool in all these pictures in his younger days.
  • ChillyDipperChillyDipper Members Posts: 1,024 ✭✭
    While we're posting pictures of former Presidents. Looks like Barry flipped this chip pretty good.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]
    Sarazen and Hagen.

tumblr_oua1tmqu4O1s7g6tgo1_400.png
    edited Dec 3, 2018 #1121
    Jock Hutchison and Fred McLeod.

Honourary starters of the 1969 Masters.

tumblr_oo4ekk78i71s7g6tgo1_1280.png
    Ben Hogan during the 1953 Open Championship.

tumblr_n67di2ka171s7g6tgo1_500.png
  • baudibaudi Posts: 641 ✭✭
    Great feed iBanesto. Thanks!
  • emncaityemncaity Posts: 182
    edited Dec 11, 2018 #1124
    iBanesto wrote:

Better believe it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Palmer looks like he just drips cool in all these pictures in his younger days.

Funny, that's what my wife tells me. Says he kind of looks like her dad (which is true), but I think there may be something else going on.

iBanesto wrote:

46495531_10155774327215969_3782812520629141504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd8-1.fna&oh=db45b01dd7da205d32eb83b914fb8652&oe=5C735FFA

Omagod. One hardly knows what to say.
  • BoneyBoney Posts: 216 ClubWRX
    Here's one I haven't seen before -- Ben Hogan playing in his final Masters, in 1967, from a Golf Digest article. Check out the gallery:

ben-hogan-1967-masters-tee-shot.jpg
  • Boney wrote:

Here's a great look at Lexi Thompson past impact. From Thursday, 2015 US Open:

us-open-lexi-thompson-18.jpg

Strange and yet somehow weirdly appropriate. She is so golden up to impact, so athletic and so full of distance potential, and she hits it an absolute ton. Then it's a train wreck just after the point where it doesn't matter anymore. Class act from everything I've ever seen, and I absolutely love watching her play.

• So your 1965 Birkdale picture sent me down the rabbit hole of the 1976 Birkdale open championship...

I think that's Tom kite with frosted tips in all powder blue like a boss

-Chris

Absolutely it's Kite. The mostly underappreciated Kite.

When I lived in Austin in 1991-92, the Legends was still being held at Barton Creek. I got to go out early in the week for an exhibition match with Trevino, Chi Chi, Crenshaw, and Kite. They were all terrific and in a great mood. Trevino's ballstriking in particular was...I don't even know how to describe it, other than like an experienced musician or artist who is totally secure and confident in what he's doing. If you're a good player, you know how it feels and sounds to hit a control shot -- like when you're between clubs and take the longer club, choke up a little, shorten the swing a little, etc. -- and you hit it absolutely smack on the sweet spot, no vibration, with a little deeper sound? Perfect? Every iron he hit was like that. Every last freaking one. I'll never forget it.

Kite, on the other hand, was like a machine, just an efficient "snick" with a tight ball flight. Crenshaw was like he was when he was younger -- a little spray-oriented, but still a beauty to watch. Chi Chi was Chi Chi, like skill reigning in chaos and brilliance. Also, Herman was still caddying for Trevino. It was a blast.

So after the thing is over, people are lined up waiting to catch the shuttle back to a parking lot up the hill. Kite comes out of the clubhouse, and instead of avoiding people, getting somebody to run him back to his car in a golf cart, end-running the line, waiting until everybody's gone, etc., he walks right to the line on the way to his car and stops for a good five minutes, telling everybody thanks for coming, recognizing a person here and there, talking to this person and that one, etc. It was clear that he did it deliberately and made a point of it. And nobody would've known if he hadn't.
  • 360_CS wrote:

C'mon bscintnct where is a photo of a Tiger fist pump.

It's in the "who gives a sh!t" file.
  • tmartin89 wrote:

That one got old about a week after it was taken.
  • QuickFeet wrote:

2008 US Open; Monday play-off I think. Rare to see TW with a smile on his face during a round.

And then Rocco smiled his way into an "I'm just happy to be here" loss, capped off by using the same club for his tee shot on the sudden-death hole with which he'd missed the fairway over and over on that same hole (I think it was a 4- or 5-wood), putting it in the fairway bunker and drawing not such a great lie, hitting it well short from there, pitching on to 18 feet or so, missing the putt, making a total mess of a hole that just wasn't that long or hard, and handing Woods the victory on a bogey to Woods' routine two-putt par -- after opening the door for him on Sunday by refusing to take the opening on the 72nd hole from a playable lie in the left rough to hit it to the right side of the green (or even right fringe, bunker whatever) and leave only an up-and-down for a birdie rather than a full wedge.

I've got nothing against Mediate. I'm inclined to like him, actually. But he started early to play not to lose. The happy-happy thing became just-happy-to-be-here. He played OK in the 18-hole playoff, looking like somebody who just wanted to act like it was a casual round, but when it came to the crucial moment, there was a way to refuse to lose by making the same mistakes he'd made on that hole before. Just anything but the same thing. You can't see Nicklaus or Woods doing that.

Anybody who's interested ought to look up how many tournaments Woods won when somebody shot a **** final round or bogeyed a playoff hole. I mean, he can't help it if people are going to throw up all over their own shoes. He can only beat who's in front of him. But boy, did it ever get tiresome watching all the "these guys are good" and "greatest generation" promos from the Tour, then watching that happen over and over.
  • ChristosteroneChristosterone Reverse C ClubWRX Posts: 1,337 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 12, 2018 #1132
    emncaity wrote:

QuickFeet wrote:

2008 US Open; Monday play-off I think. Rare to see TW with a smile on his face during a round.

And then Rocco smiled his way into an "I'm just happy to be here" loss, capped off by using the same club for his tee shot on the sudden-death hole with which he'd missed the fairway over and over on that same hole (I think it was a 4- or 5-wood), putting it in the fairway bunker and drawing not such a great lie, hitting it well short from there, pitching on to 18 feet or so, missing the putt, making a total mess of a hole that just wasn't that long or hard, and handing Woods the victory on a bogey to Woods' routine two-putt par -- after opening the door for him on Sunday by refusing to take the opening on the 72nd hole from a playable lie in the left rough to hit it to the right side of the green (or even right fringe, bunker whatever) and leave only an up-and-down for a birdie rather than a full wedge.

I've got nothing against Mediate. I'm inclined to like him, actually. But he started early to play not to lose. The happy-happy thing became just-happy-to-be-here. He played OK in the 18-hole playoff, looking like somebody who just wanted to act like it was a casual round, but when it came to the crucial moment, there was a way to refuse to lose by making the same mistakes he'd made on that hole before. Just anything but the same thing. You can't see Nicklaus or Woods doing that.

Anybody who's interested ought to look up how many tournaments Woods won when somebody shot a **** final round or bogeyed a playoff hole. I mean, he can't help it if people are going to throw up all over their own shoes. He can only beat who's in front of him. But boy, did it ever get tiresome watching all the "these guys are good" and "greatest generation" promos from the Tour, then watching that happen over and over.

Not to poke holes in your post but have u watched Trevino and Jacks 1971 US Open playoff?

Jack left it in 2 or 3 bunkers on just the front nine....

After the rain break, Jack wasn’t again within 2 of Lee...

Granted Trevino was an assassin and told Jack the rain would make him[Lee] win since it softened the greens...which was a tremendously cocky thing to say to a man who was the greatest golfer to ever walk the earth (imho)

But in golf, even the greatest can sometimes have an off day or a bad hole...

Mediate gave tiger a run but that putt tiger made on the 72nd hole was astonishing...

Then he did what he had to do in the playoff...

-Chris
    Sixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
    Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,417 ✭✭
    Typical end of day conversation with Boo and Mrs. Weekley.

How was your day, Boo? Followed by the sound of the snaps on his suspenders..................

Snap, snap……….“ain’t gonna be gentle like last time”

edited Dec 13, 2018 #1134
    iBanesto wrote:

3fa7f83e11451685b02085d3ff2b0b23.jpg
  • HankshankHankshank Posts: 1,517 ✭✭
    DanielStella1-1960x1030-c.png

Presidents? Here's a Prince!
  • BoneyBoney Posts: 216 ClubWRX
    A few nice pictures of Tommy Armour.

TommyArmour1927.jpg

tommy-armour-success-in-your-30s.jpg
    edited Dec 15, 2018 #1138
    Sarazen, Hogan, Player and Nicklaus.

The exclusive grand slam group.

1efdeeb3c5a3f11c26fc968172cfa446.jpg
  • PlaythruPlaythru Members Posts: 22
    2putttom wrote:

emncaity wrote:

2putttom wrote:

9cc8553636cad0e42a17b07867cb6a87.jpgBAZINGA !

I knew somebody was gonna have to post that one.
    the force to resist was strong, My first thought was what was she thinking after she saw the picture?
    Size does matter.
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,010 ✭✭

Jeebus, how about the 1981 Ryder Cup team...

This is a ridiculously awesome team...all time imho...

https://en.m.wikiped.../1981_Ryder_Cup

-Chris

So is Lieitzke the only one on that team that didn't win a major? Holy...

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3