Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

Comments

• YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    jll62 wrote:

PALS-SSA wrote:

They could sell a lot more if they would just go back to black instead of their recent color palettes.

And you know this because...???

I'm sure TaylorMade has plenty of market research indicating the brand awareness benefits of having an immediately recognizable color scheme on their metal wood line.

Agreed. I don't buy that one bit. They made a killing on the white crown. Current version isn't all that jarring. They know exactly what they're doing.
  • dearth12dearth12 Members Posts: 688 ✭✭

Bomber_11 wrote:

Can't wait to find out the color scheme. More black/grey? Back to black/white? Anyone know?

Silver/matte black on the crown I heard.

Silver/Matte black on the crown. Almost the same color as the carbon fiber portion of a Toulon Indianapolis putter

Black and Orange are the key colors on bottom, a little bit of silver as well. But Orange is the new "Electric Green" or whatever the **** they called the Volt-like color of 2017 M1/M2.

From what I've been told the 2019 staff bag is going to be beautiful, along with a TP5 upgrade coming.

No other insights to my knowledge on irons/wedges/putters so who knows what will come out.

They have new MG wedges coming out too. The design is very interesting to say the least...

Are these the Hi-Toe wedges or a completely different MG wedge?
    Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
    Cobra F8 5/6 wood w/ Evenflow Blue-75X
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron 17* w/ Dynamic Gold AMT X
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 4-PW w/ Elevate Tour Smoke X-100
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Elevate Tour Smoke X-100 (soft stepped once)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black (Armlock) w/ SuperStroke 17”
  • mgrifonemgrifone Members Posts: 97

I wish they would stop naming clubs after British motorways.

Either British Mortways or BMW Performance Cars. Surprised there wasn't anything coming from BMW considering the name and color scheme is so similar to their performance line.
    Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design AD IZ 6S
    Taylormade M1 15 Graphite Design AD DI 7S
    PXG 0317 19* Fujikura Pro 2.0 8-S Hybrid
    Callaway GBB Alpha 815 23* Speeder 865
    Mizuno MP-25 5-PW KBS Tour 120S
    Vokey SM6 50-08
    Callaway MD Forged 54/58
    Edel E1 Putter
  • mgrifonemgrifone Members Posts: 97
    Bomber_11 wrote:

Can’t wait to find out the color scheme. More black/grey? Back to black/white? Anyone know?

Silver/Matte black on the crown. Almost the same color as the carbon fiber portion of a Toulon Indianapolis putter

Black and Orange are the key colors on bottom, a little bit of silver as well. But Orange is the new "Electric Green" or whatever the **** they called the Volt-like color of 2017 M1/M2.

From what I've been told the 2019 staff bag is going to be beautiful, along with a TP5 upgrade coming.

No other insights to my knowledge on irons/wedges/putters so who knows what will come out.

Any more info on the TP5 upgrade?
    Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design AD IZ 6S
    Taylormade M1 15 Graphite Design AD DI 7S
    PXG 0317 19* Fujikura Pro 2.0 8-S Hybrid
    Callaway GBB Alpha 815 23* Speeder 865
    Mizuno MP-25 5-PW KBS Tour 120S
    Vokey SM6 50-08
    Callaway MD Forged 54/58
    Edel E1 Putter
  • rkristopherandersonrkristopheranderson Members Posts: 435 ✭✭
    Ed Settle wrote:

Rep stopped off at the shop and I was able to snap a quick pic.

That is one huge hot melt port...

That’s what she said.
    Ping G25 @ 9degrees/TFC 189D stiff
    Callaway XHot2 pro/13.5 degrees/Aldila TG stiff
    Titleist 913H/19 degrees/Aldila TG stiff
    Ping s55/4-W/KBS Tour R+ [ .5 long]
    Glide 50 w. Wrx grind
    Vokey SM5 54-10/S grind
    Vokey SM4 60-04
    Scotty Cameron California Monterrey
  • RobYakesRobYakes "You can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen" Washington, D.C.Members, ClubWRX Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Any idea what the new balls will be? Six layers?!?! I could see the new ads, heck, they practically write themselves... "nothing's better than six" / "six in the morning, six in the afternoon, six after dinner" / "make sure you have your six when you play nine" / "who needs a fairway when you can have six in the rough" / "bunkers are no match for six on the beach" / "six in any hole means less strokes"

Also, at least with the 2016 M2 the neon green only pissed off Nike haters. And the M3/M4 only pissed off BMW haters. But orange & black M5/M6??? Now you're going to **** off Dodgers fans, bad move TM.
    M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // P790 Modus 120S //
    MILLED GRIND 50* & 54* Modus 115W // HI-TOE 60* Modus 115W // SPIDER TOUR RED 34" // TP5X
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,828 ✭✭
    USGA22 wrote:

Is the photo in this thread real? I looks so photoshopped I feel stupid asking.

Dude of course it’s real. Check how futuristic it is.

I hope the guy is right about the crown being matte. The same color scheme but changed to a matte finish would be sweeet.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    mgrifone wrote:

Bomber_11 wrote:

Can’t wait to find out the color scheme. More black/grey? Back to black/white? Anyone know?

There are two different TP5/TP5x balls on the conforming list in addition to the one at retail. Not sure if they are new or tour only or what
    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭
    edited Sep 29, 2018 #70
    USGA22 wrote:

Of course it’s real!

RobYakes wrote:

Any idea what the new balls will be? Six layers?!?! I could see the new ads, heck, they practically write themselves... "nothing's better than six" / "six in the morning, six in the afternoon, six after dinner" / "make sure you have your six when you play nine" / "who needs a fairway when you can have six in the rough" / "bunkers are no match for six on the beach" / "six in any hole means less strokes"

Also, at least with the 2016 M2 the neon green only pissed off Nike haters. And the M3/M4 only pissed off BMW haters. But orange & black M5/M6??? Now you're going to **** off Dodgers fans, bad move TM.

Who will be the first to 10. Gillette or Taylormade.

USGA22 wrote:

I hope the guy is right about the crown being matte. The same color scheme but changed to a matte finish would be sweeet.

The rep told me that the one he showed me was an ‘early production’ and that colours may change.
  • Trav1989Trav1989 Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Matte black would be pretty sweet
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,596 ✭✭

USGA22 wrote:

The rep told me that the one he showed me was an ‘early production’ and that colours may change.

Sure he did...😉.
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • golfing_penguingolfing_penguin Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
    RobYakes wrote:

Could appeal to the military by along the lines of "We've got your six" or something like that. Get that camaderie spirit in the adverts
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,120 ✭✭
    I actually like the current colour scheme. With Ping, Callaway and Titleist going dark it would be wise for TM to be a bit different. Personally I await the M635csi in red with BBS alloys.
    jonn443 wrote:

USGA22 wrote:

Sure he did...😉.

Are you coming on to me?
  • lc1342lc1342 Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Are they getting rid of “twist face” or are they too committed?

Rahm was using the M2 at the Ryder Cup this weekend.
    Rep dropped by again and I was able to snap a photo of the new M6!

Twist Face Technology is reportedly being replaced by Square Face Technology. Stock shaft is a Tensei Pro Orange.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,513 ✭✭

Twist Face Technology is reportedly being replaced by Square Face Technology. Stock shaft is a Tensei Pro Orange.

Great intel. The only difference is orange were the yellow is:)
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,186 ✭✭
    My friend hit the prototype in Feb and said they were easily better than m3/m4
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,281 ✭✭

Easily better in what aspect?
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • BearQBearQ Break 2 Rebuild Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭

Two year cycle then TM...ugh. Better product take your time. Yearly releases are pointless
    Cobra LTD Pro - Matrix Type C Prototype 70X
    TM M2 Tour 3W/3HL - Black Tie 80M4-X
    P790 UDI #2  or  TP UDI #3 - Black Tie HM4 105X   
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Cobra MB (50*)  Nike VR Forged (56DS)  Cleveland RTX2 raw (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 

Swap:
    XR 3Deep - Tour AD TP 8X  | Rogue SZ 3+ - Diamana B 80X  | Bridgestone XD-H #2 - Speeder TS 9.8X 

• Jacked_LoftJacked_Loft Steps Ahead Members Posts: 487 ✭✭

LOL
    WIMB:

`16 M1 9.5 Fuji Evo TS 661
    `17 M1 3&5 Kuro Kage 70
    P790 3I Nippon 950
    P770 4-GW Nippon 950
    MG 56° LB KBS REV
    Spider Tour BLK
    H2NO Carry
  • creecoolcreecool creecool Members Posts: 1,834 ✭✭
    EHolm wrote:

mgrifone wrote:

Bomber_11 wrote:

There are two different TP5/TP5x balls on the conforming list in addition to the one at retail. Not sure if they are new or tour only or what
    The Tp5/X is a realy great golf ball, would be interesting to see how they can improve it.
    CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
    ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
    COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
    CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
    CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
    TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
    TAYLORMADE TP5X
    CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX Posts: 8,084 ClubWRX
    Ed Settle wrote:

Zero CC, physically possible to hot melt?
    M5 10.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70TX
     M2 16' Tour Issue 15.0* (14.2*) Diamana D+ Limited 90tx (Tipped 2.5”) @ 43"
    Titleist 2i 18.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)
    Titleist MB 716 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1)
    54* Wedge Works V grind & 60* Wedge Works M grind - Tour Issue S400
    Bettinardi BB8 Trisole or Toulon San Diego
    Misc Lamkin .580 Reminder ,all woods & 2i hot melted, Ping Hoofer 
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG ClubWRX Posts: 6,047 ClubWRX
    drbonesvt wrote:

Ed Settle wrote:

Zero CC, physically possible to hot melt?

On second thought… You very well may be right. Hotmelt is old technology… We will fill that cavity with Speed Foam!
    Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design VR-6X
    Fairway 3w: TaylorMade M5 Ti 3/15* GD GP-6X 
    Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* KBS Proto Hyb 85S
    Irons: New Level 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
    Wedges: New Level 50/52/Callaway Custom 60 WB Grind Modus 115 Wedge 
    Putter: Something new from Toulon Design
    Ball: Callaway ERC Soft/Callaway CSX Triple Track
    Bag: Vessel Black 14 way carry

My WITB
  • PgaTour2008PgaTour2008 Members Posts: 89
    How about "Two face" technology. Have a second face included internally and then fill that cavity with speed foam.
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members Posts: 657 ✭✭
    The next incremental improvement for Taylormade and Callway is to up the stock head weight and switch to stock counterbalanced shafts for more ballspeed which is what PING is already doing. Sneaky way to gain speed without really doing anything game-changing, but they will market it as jailbreak/hammerhead breakthrough technology.
    M5 9* Accra TZ5 M4
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70tx
    818 H1 19 Tensei Pro White 90tx
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,513 ✭✭
    halfsumo wrote:

The next incremental improvement for Taylormade and Callway is to up the stock head weight and switch to stock counterbalanced shafts for more ballspeed which is what PING is already doing. Sneaky way to gain speed without really doing anything game-changing, but they will market it as jailbreak/hammerhead breakthrough technology.

I wonder if we will see that for 2019 offerings?
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,654 ✭✭
    Somebody said the stock offering was a non-Pro Tensei Orange which is counter balanced.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1