Who uses something cool or different as a ball mark???

13»

Comments

• DeeBee30DeeBee30 Members Posts: 318 ✭✭
    2001 and 2003 state quarters - those are the years my kids were born. I'm so anal about the years that I've had guys go back in their pockets for my quarter if they pick it up after I marked their ball and give me a different quarter from their pocket.

Side note: I normally lay the marker heads up, but flip it to tails if I've had to move it out of someone's line so I don't forget to move it back. Stole that from Tiger (and I'm sure other PGA players).
  • me05501me05501 Members Posts: 412
    I have an old NYC subway token that is my favorite. I work in investments so it fits me in a way. I like it because it's small and flattish, but it can sometimes be hard to spot.

I also have some kind of Chinese coin in my bag. It's a little thicker and easier to see.

Finally I have a plastic push-in kind from The Honors Course. I like to use it because it makes me laugh since I'm usually on a muni.
  • creeksidegolfcreeksidegolf ClubWRX Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I am always wanting to try something new and/or cool for a ball mark, but not sure I can trust my playing partners not to steal it.
  • Benno777Benno777 Members Posts: 2
    Usually the ball maker I bought at the course I played previously. I like to get a maker from each different course I play
  • ChomperChomper ClubWRX Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    Yanki01 wrote:
    I have a few to choose from.

40784808305_8abd8120aa_c.jpg
    a Yankees fan AND a cowboys fan?

Ugh....
  • MKPAPAMKPAPA Long Beach, CaliforniaClubWRX Posts: 422 ClubWRX
    MKPAPA wrote:

My homie made these for me. Super heady

If you dig, PM me.

So a small amount of you cool cats have asked about the markers I posted earlier. They're all glass and are made to order. Pricing dependent on what you want to see on the marker. Below is an example of my guy's ability to put images on the glass. Oregon State Fans might like this one
    i'm playing nike everything till i'm not
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    MKPAPA wrote:

MKPAPA wrote:

If you dig, PM me.

So a small amount of you cool cats have asked about the markers I posted earlier. They're all glass and are made to order. Pricing dependent on what you want to see on the marker. Below is an example of my guy's ability to put images on the glass. Oregon State Fans might like this one
    never seen those ballmakers when we play! LOL
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • BenflickyBenflicky Members Posts: 145 ✭✭
    smooth copper coin with my initials
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 802 ✭✭
    MKPAPA wrote:

MKPAPA wrote:

If you dig, PM me.

What flavors ya got there??

MKPAPA wrote:

MKPAPA wrote:

If you dig, PM me.

never seen those ballmakers when we play! LOL

I don't have the beavers on deck but i'm sure you've seen some heady ones haven't you mr tinker?
    CHuntsman wrote:

MKPAPA wrote:

MKPAPA wrote:

If you dig, PM me.

He does them as ordered, so pm me with any questions. I'll reach out to my guy for ya. He's cooking up some at the moment and I should either see or expect them by Friday.
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 802 ✭✭
    MKPAPA wrote:

CHuntsman wrote:

MKPAPA wrote:

MKPAPA wrote:

If you dig, PM me.

He does them as ordered, so pm me with any questions. I'll reach out to my guy for ya. He's cooking up some at the moment and I should either see or expect them by Friday.

I was speaking on your cartridges in the pic.
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,345 ✭✭
    Chomper wrote:

Yanki01 wrote:
    I have a few to choose from.

40784808305_8abd8120aa_c.jpg
    a Yankees fan AND a cowboys fan?

Ugh....

My thoughts exactly! Could you find two more hated teams if you tried lol. Then throw in SC, the most hated putter maker and Titleist the most hated club company!

For the record, I do like Titleist 😜
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • jlegendrejlegendre Members Posts: 1
    I use lots of different ones...all depends what I ran on the machine most recently! Want custom markers? Check out my company, Legend Golf. Instagram @legendgolfcompany
  • Viktoryred3Viktoryred3 Just playing the game... Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    #8 Dale Jr nascar coin...about the size of a half dollar. My buddies call it the “frisbee”
  • dparkdpark Members Posts: 2,527 ✭✭
    Like a couple of other folks, I use old coins, specifically seated liberty coins: half dollar, quarter, dime and half dime.

The closer to the hole, the smaller the coin.

30a1c8b6cc13c7330992571cb0e59f42.jpg

1c0162609d86ae12bc25b975a01089b2.jpg
    Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver
    1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood
    1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E
    1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver
    Adams 5050 16 fairway wood
    Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND.Members Posts: 1,882 ✭✭
    edited Nov 10, 2018 #79
    I'm a UK'er - but one of my favourite places in the World is New York City.

My marker is an old NYC Subway Token.......

43997238080_21cbfbcc69_o.jpg
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    RIFE Iconic Tour Vault 3 : Flow-Neck - 340g / 34.75"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • DrawfaderDrawfader Members Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited Nov 11, 2018 #80
    2bGood wrote:

Spare change from foreign trips.

Some of it is not so "spare" as every time I bought something at St Andrews I kept some of the coins so I in know when I use a particular 2 pound coin, 25P and 1pound coin I know I came out of the till at the Old Course stater shack. I probably have about $20USD of St Andrew coins. Funny thing is I like them better than ball marks I could have bought there.

I also try to switch it up, as I know I will lose coins sooner or later, so I don't get too attached to one ball marker.

That’s funny you say that. I went to St Andrews earlier this year. Bought a few markers but I use a 2 pence coin I got over there instead of the markers.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 433 ✭✭
    Sometimes i use manhole covers and sometimes i use hubcaps! Just depends on who im plaing with?
  • MixedBagMixedBag Members Posts: 1,489 ✭✭
    50 pence British Pound
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
  • bdgregorbdgregor Members Posts: 1,144 ✭✭
    I use a physical Bitcoin. Turns some heads
    Callaway Epic Rouge Driver
    Callaway Epic Rouge 3 Wood
    Callaway Epic Rouge 3 Hybrid
    TM P 790 Iron 4-Gap
    Callaway Forged Mack Daddy '17 Slate 54* and 58*
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium 10
  • DaveGoodrichDaveGoodrich Members Posts: 991 ✭✭
    DeeBee30 wrote:

...Side note: I normally lay the marker heads up, but flip it to tails if I've had to move it out of someone's line so I don't forget to move it back. Stole that from Tiger (and I'm sure other PGA players).

That is such an excellent idea. I will use that trick from now on. I use a Franklin Half Dollar, from my birth year, minted in the city I was born. It's the only coin from my birth year that is different than the current coin designs.

When I'm near someone's line, I use one of those cheap plastic tiddleywinks with the little t*t on the bottom to press it down flat against the green.
    Titleist 917D3 w/YS-6+
    Taylormade V-steel 15* w/YS-6+ FW
    Titleist 909h 17* and 21* w/YS-hybrid
    Adams dHy 24* w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Adams XTD Forged 6 (28*) - PW (48*) w/Aldila RIP Tour 115 (bent to 5* loft gaps)
    Vokey SM4 TVD 50M w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 56S w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 60M w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5
  • Jwin323Jwin323 Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭
    A Susan B. Anthony dollar. Because I’m a feminist.
  • grewgrew Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    I use a 50 cent piece with Darth Vader's head carved into it.
    Ping G400 LST Kyoshi Black 05
    Cobra F7 3 Wood HZRDUS Yellow
    Srixon z745 Nippon Modus Tour 105 (x)
    52/58 Ping Forged Wedges
    Ping Vault ZB
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I use the pumpkin marker from Lamb. Halloween is my favorite holiday and its a solid marker.
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,150 ✭✭
    Found these at Hobby Lobby, absolutely going in my bag. Eat your heart out TL!
    '16 M2 10.5*, Diamana Ltd. 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana Ltd. 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)
    A.Princey wrote:

Found these at Hobby Lobby, absolutely going in my bag. Eat your heart out TL!

Now that's a savings!
  • Hooters62Hooters62 hooters62 Members Posts: 28
    pholway wrote:

I use my 1 year sobriety chip. But not if my line is anywhere near another ball, then I use a stitch plastic one that goes into the green flat.
    should not be ashamed of that my friend you should be proud of that
  • Hooters62Hooters62 hooters62 Members Posts: 28
    I use a marker from my home course