New TP5 and TP5X

11617181921

Comments

  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,916 ClubWRX

    @agoodmanmbk said:
    Still cant decide if it is worth it to pay an extra $10 a dozen for the '19 TP5 over the '17's that are on sale right now. Appears its an evolution not a revolution of the TP5....may have to get a boat load more '17's while they still have them locally

    It's not, and there are some serious deals on the '17 starting to pop up.

    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 612 ✭✭

    @Drudersh said:

    @agoodmanmbk said:
    Still cant decide if it is worth it to pay an extra $10 a dozen for the '19 TP5 over the '17's that are on sale right now. Appears its an evolution not a revolution of the TP5....may have to get a boat load more '17's while they still have them locally

    It's not, and there are some serious deals on the '17 starting to pop up.

    Good to know thank you for the heads up. I will re-stock on the '17

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • Zakers23Zakers23 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭

    19 TP5x has as much green side spin as a pinnacle

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 612 ✭✭

    @Drudersh said:

    @agoodmanmbk said:
    Still cant decide if it is worth it to pay an extra $10 a dozen for the '19 TP5 over the '17's that are on sale right now. Appears its an evolution not a revolution of the TP5....may have to get a boat load more '17's while they still have them locally

    It's not, and there are some serious deals on the '17 starting to pop up.

    Where have you seen the deals other than $34.99/doz?

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,916 ClubWRX

    @agoodmanmbk said:

    @Drudersh said:

    @agoodmanmbk said:
    Still cant decide if it is worth it to pay an extra $10 a dozen for the '19 TP5 over the '17's that are on sale right now. Appears its an evolution not a revolution of the TP5....may have to get a boat load more '17's while they still have them locally

    It's not, and there are some serious deals on the '17 starting to pop up.

    Where have you seen the deals other than $34.99/doz?

    There are a few guys on the Bay selling 3 packs that work back to like $28/dozen.

    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 612 ✭✭

    @Drudersh said:

    @agoodmanmbk said:

    @Drudersh said:

    @agoodmanmbk said:
    Still cant decide if it is worth it to pay an extra $10 a dozen for the '19 TP5 over the '17's that are on sale right now. Appears its an evolution not a revolution of the TP5....may have to get a boat load more '17's while they still have them locally

    It's not, and there are some serious deals on the '17 starting to pop up.

    Where have you seen the deals other than $34.99/doz?

    There are a few guys on the Bay selling 3 packs that work back to like $28/dozen.

    Cool thanks

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey Members Posts: 569 ✭✭

    @Zakers23 said:
    19 TP5x has as much green side spin as a pinnacle

    Yep, I played a new course this week and couldn't stop chips. Took out a ProV1x and it stuck like Velcro on the first bounce. I don't like the V1x performance in the wind so the search continues...

  • RacineBoxerRacineBoxer Members Posts: 824 ✭✭

    @GolfTurkey said:

    @Zakers23 said:
    19 TP5x has as much green side spin as a pinnacle

    Yep, I played a new course this week and couldn't stop chips. Took out a ProV1x and it stuck like Velcro on the first bounce. I don't like the V1x performance in the wind so the search continues...

    I've done a couple rounds of testing with the '17 z star (my gamer), '19 z star xv, '19 TP5X and '17 ProV1x and I see minimal difference in any of them for greenside spin (I can feel softer or firmer off the putter though). For example, on a 20 yard pitch with my 54* I will fly any of them about 14-16 yards and get 3-6 yards roll out. I'm a 5 handicap, my short game is a strength and I struggle to hit the shots consistent enough to know if one balls rolls out 12-18 inches more than the other. If one does, that's about it, about 12-18 inches. Nothing that would take more than a couple practice sessions to dial in. I haven't gotten out on the course yet, I'm eager to see if any of them fly 3-8 yards further and/or have noticeably less stopping power on 150-200 yard approach shots.

  • arzee2arzee2 Members Posts: 223 ✭✭

    @BB28403 said:

    @arzee2 said:
    I play off a 6 and have a pretty good short game. I'm not long but can get it up and down from inside 75 yards pretty well. I typically play at a 9 hole course with split tees and fast greens. This is my TP5X experiment.

    I tried to like the TP5X. I bought a dozen when I ordered my spider X. Then a couple days later they started their promo so I ordered 4 dozen more for the season. Of course this was before it warmed up and I hadn't had a chance to try any from the first dozen. Liked the idea of the ball and thought I would give it a try. I have played Pro V1 or Pro V1x for as long as they have been out. It finally started to warm up and I got to play in a St Pats scramble. The ball performed fine. Good distance and decent spin on full shots. It was hard to gauge as it was the first round in a few months. I kept playing the ball and played it along side the pro v1 shot for shot for a few rounds. Everything seemed comparable to me except for shots from 60 yards and in. I couldn't seem to spin the ball the same as the pro v and it would consistently roll out 5 yards past my target. The pro v would hop and stop. The final straw for me was last weekend. I hit the ball better than I have in the last 5 years. Even with that I missed 3 greens on the front side. We have pretty small and undulating greens with false fronts and drop off on the sides. I could not get the feel for the ball. I would be long by 10 feet on one chip and short on the next. Then on a par 5 from 60 yards I hit a wedge that lands 10 yards short of the flag takes a big bounce and rolls to the back edge 25 feet past the hole. Two holes later the same thing. I switched to a pro v on the second 9. When I got to that par 5 I dropped a ball down in the same spot and hit a shot with similar flight that landed near the previous spot. It stops dead pin high. I also was able to chip the ball close when I missed the greens on the fringe.
    I'm sure most of this is just comfort with the pro v. I am not knocking the TP5X at all. It just does not fit my game. That's my 2¢

    I forgot to add that I got lucky and found a college player that loves the TP5X and was happy to buy my stock at a very college friendly price. 4 dozen pro v1x on their way.

    Tests like yours do not make sense. Subconsciously your whole golf game rests on the ProV1, no matter what you will never like any other ball.
    The tests are tainted before they begin.
    Your subconscious will make you hit the competitor ball worse . And playing 2 balls in general is never a “Real” environment. 1 ball, 1 round is all that matters .

    To have a true test you would need a 3rd party company to send out unbranded balls, just identifying mark’s to plug into their App or website once your round is over.

    I apologize for sharing my experience with a new golf ball on a golf enthusiast forum on a topic specifically talking about the golf ball I mentioned. Thank you for correcting me. I shall go sit in the corner and think about what I have done while considering your wise and thoughtful response.

    Cobra F8+ w/ Rogue S
    TEE CB Pro LE 14.5°
    Titleist 913h 18°
    Callaway Rogue Pro 4-AW
    Vokey SM7 54S & 58D
    Taylormade Spider X

    TP5X
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,111 ✭✭

    Used new TP5 today. Fantastic ball. Longer than my regular Z-Star, better flight and workable.

  • Edward_MajorwinEdward_Majorwin British ColumbiaMembers Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited Apr 20, 2019 11:07pm #612

    I sure hate the commercials :)
    ...but since our national golf retailer is currently blowing out the '17 TP5 and TP5x @ 29.98 CAD, I went ahead and picked up two boxes today. I love my yellows but I think these will be in my bag for opening league day next Saturday.

    Right-handed Canadian golfer swinging left
    Ping G400 9.5
    Taylor Made M4 3-wood
    Ping G410 3H
    Titleist AP2 718 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52 & 56 degree, Callaway Mack Daddy2 60 degree
    Odyssey Works blade
    Ball: Callaway Supersoft (yellow)
    Tees: Wood

  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 769 ClubWRX

    @Edward_Majorwin said:
    I sure hate the commercials :)
    ...but since our national golf retailer is currently blowing out the '17 TP5 and TP5x @ 29.98 CAD, I went ahead and picked up two boxes today. I love my yellows but I think these will be in my bag for opening league day next Saturday.

    Ditto, grabbed a few boxes of the TP5x from Golftown today. Can't turn down $30 Cdn/dozen

    Titleist TS3 @ 9.5º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Hogan PTxPro 4-PW
    Cobra King Satin 50º, 54º, 58º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

  • sdcfan18sdcfan18 Members Posts: 126 ✭✭

    I did the same. I’ve never played them, but the reviews were good and for $30/dozen, I’ll give them a shot.

  • SteelheadSteelhead Members Posts: 831 ✭✭

    @Zakers23 said:
    19 TP5x has as much green side spin as a pinnacle

    Me too. Looooong off my M5 driver.10-15+ longer for me... Second shots? Rolling a few too many nicely landed shots off greens that usually stick with Chromesofts. Length or sticking? I want both....back to V1X or CS I guess.


    • Callaway Epic Flash 9°
    • Ryoma F3 - 15°
    • XXIO X - 18°
    • PING G410 - 4 thru Gap
    • Titleist SM 7 - 52°, 58°
    • Dandy Tour Chromium 
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 953 ✭✭
    edited Apr 21, 2019 4:54pm #616

    The TP5x is for players who generate a lot of spin on approach shots. The TP5 has a lot more spin into and around the green and yet is still LONG off the tee. Sounds like a better fit for most of us.

    I lifted this from a review:
    There seems to be less of a trade off between the distance of the TP5x and the softer feel of the TP5. The TP5 seems to be longer and a better all round ball now, with the TP5x offering high swing speed or high spin players an alternative option.

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,596 ✭✭

    @arzee2 said:

    @BB28403 said:

    @arzee2 said:
    I play off a 6 and have a pretty good short game. I'm not long but can get it up and down from inside 75 yards pretty well. I typically play at a 9 hole course with split tees and fast greens. This is my TP5X experiment.

    I tried to like the TP5X. I bought a dozen when I ordered my spider X. Then a couple days later they started their promo so I ordered 4 dozen more for the season. Of course this was before it warmed up and I hadn't had a chance to try any from the first dozen. Liked the idea of the ball and thought I would give it a try. I have played Pro V1 or Pro V1x for as long as they have been out. It finally started to warm up and I got to play in a St Pats scramble. The ball performed fine. Good distance and decent spin on full shots. It was hard to gauge as it was the first round in a few months. I kept playing the ball and played it along side the pro v1 shot for shot for a few rounds. Everything seemed comparable to me except for shots from 60 yards and in. I couldn't seem to spin the ball the same as the pro v and it would consistently roll out 5 yards past my target. The pro v would hop and stop. The final straw for me was last weekend. I hit the ball better than I have in the last 5 years. Even with that I missed 3 greens on the front side. We have pretty small and undulating greens with false fronts and drop off on the sides. I could not get the feel for the ball. I would be long by 10 feet on one chip and short on the next. Then on a par 5 from 60 yards I hit a wedge that lands 10 yards short of the flag takes a big bounce and rolls to the back edge 25 feet past the hole. Two holes later the same thing. I switched to a pro v on the second 9. When I got to that par 5 I dropped a ball down in the same spot and hit a shot with similar flight that landed near the previous spot. It stops dead pin high. I also was able to chip the ball close when I missed the greens on the fringe.
    I'm sure most of this is just comfort with the pro v. I am not knocking the TP5X at all. It just does not fit my game. That's my 2¢

    I forgot to add that I got lucky and found a college player that loves the TP5X and was happy to buy my stock at a very college friendly price. 4 dozen pro v1x on their way.

    Tests like yours do not make sense. Subconsciously your whole golf game rests on the ProV1, no matter what you will never like any other ball.
    The tests are tainted before they begin.
    Your subconscious will make you hit the competitor ball worse . And playing 2 balls in general is never a “Real” environment. 1 ball, 1 round is all that matters .

    To have a true test you would need a 3rd party company to send out unbranded balls, just identifying mark’s to plug into their App or website once your round is over.

    I apologize for sharing my experience with a new golf ball on a golf enthusiast forum on a topic specifically talking about the golf ball I mentioned. Thank you for correcting me. I shall go sit in the corner and think about what I have done while considering your wise and thoughtful response.

    I am glad I have shown you the light. Now drop and give me 20. Lol

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,596 ✭✭

    @Cruisin1966 said:

    @Edward_Majorwin said:
    I sure hate the commercials :)
    ...but since our national golf retailer is currently blowing out the '17 TP5 and TP5x @ 29.98 CAD, I went ahead and picked up two boxes today. I love my yellows but I think these will be in my bag for opening league day next Saturday.

    Ditto, grabbed a few boxes of the TP5x from Golftown today. Can't turn down $30 Cdn/dozen

    What is a Canadian dozen? 15?

    Kidding

  • bitt03bitt03 Members Posts: 345 ✭✭

    Is there going to be a mynumber program with the tp5 line?

  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,539 ✭✭

    @trackcoach13 said:
    The TP5x is for players who generate a lot of spin on approach shots. The TP5 has a lot more spin into and around the green and yet is still LONG off the tee. Sounds like a better fit for most of us.

    I lifted this from a review:
    There seems to be less of a trade off between the distance of the TP5x and the softer feel of the TP5. The TP5 seems to be longer and a better all round ball now, with the TP5x offering high swing speed or high spin players an alternative option.

    I really like the TP5 ball. the only concern I have is that i found that it ballooned on iron shots. It could have just been the day, but it was pretty consistent.

    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • ZpinZpin Members Posts: 62 ✭✭

    Played my first round with the TP5 19 ball. I had no issues hitting low spinning shots into the greens and my iron play felt nice. Last year I tried the TP5x but I had problem just hitting the low and spinning wedge shots with it.

    TaylorMade M5 Tour AD IZ 60X
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood Tour AD IZ 70X
    TaylorMade M6 Hybrid 19° KBS Hybrid X-stiff
    TaylorMade P760 ProjectX LZ 6.5 4-P
    TaylorMade Milled Grind SB 50°/54°/60°
    TaylorMade Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5
  • Xdmike20Xdmike20 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

    So I was given a sleeve of the tp5's this weekend to test out at one of my local courses. Granted it was about 40 degrees and 20mph winds but the ball seemed to want to fly straight and long. The spin into the greens were ok. Like I said 20mph winds didn't help but there were a couple holes that were guarded by trees to help block the wind and my 110 wedge shots landed and stuck within about a foot of the mark. With it being cold out my swing was not the best and it showed on bad swings. I definitely lost quite a bit of yardage as it spun the ball up and into the air. Overall I was pretty impressed with the ball and I am looking forward to doing more testing with it and the new Wilson Professional once it gets a bit warmer

    DRIVER- Cobra LTD (Ozik Black Tie)[/font][/color]
    3 WOOD- Cobra Fly-Z (Ozik White Tie)[/font][/color]
    HYBRID- Cobra Bio Cell (19* Project X)[/font][/color]
    IRONS- Cobra Pro CB 2008 (Soft stepped PX6.0)[/font][/color]
    GAP- Vokey SM4 50*[/font][/color]
    SAND- Vokey SM5 54* S grind[/font][/color]
    LOB- Vokey SM5 58* S grind[/font][/color]
    PUTTER- Odyssey O-works 1W red[/font][/color]
    BALL- Nike RZN Tour Platinum(until my stash is gone)[/font][/color]
  • Xdmike20Xdmike20 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

    It's very interesting to see with the new golf ball test that with a robot, the TP5 carries further. It was my understanding that the X was the lower spinning higher carrying ball

    DRIVER- Cobra LTD (Ozik Black Tie)[/font][/color]
    3 WOOD- Cobra Fly-Z (Ozik White Tie)[/font][/color]
    HYBRID- Cobra Bio Cell (19* Project X)[/font][/color]
    IRONS- Cobra Pro CB 2008 (Soft stepped PX6.0)[/font][/color]
    GAP- Vokey SM4 50*[/font][/color]
    SAND- Vokey SM5 54* S grind[/font][/color]
    LOB- Vokey SM5 58* S grind[/font][/color]
    PUTTER- Odyssey O-works 1W red[/font][/color]
    BALL- Nike RZN Tour Platinum(until my stash is gone)[/font][/color]
  • UnderParfectUnderParfect Farmington Hills MIMembers Posts: 76 ✭✭

    Where did you see the robot test? I haven’t seen anything that compared the 2 against each other for the 2019 versions. I would be interested in this.

    Titleist TS3 10.5 Evenflow White 65g 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Evenflow White 75g 6.0
    Titleist 915H 18 & 24 - Dia Blue 70S
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW - Steelfiber i95 Stiff
    Vokey SM5 49, 54, 59 - Steelfiber i125 Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black T-Line / SS GT1.0 CC
    Titleist 2019 ProV1x
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,342 ✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019 8:22am #625

    @Xdmike20 said:
    It's very interesting to see with the new golf ball test that with a robot, the TP5 carries further. It was my understanding that the X was the lower spinning higher carrying ball

    To me on that review of the balls the TM balls didn't come out as I expected, nothing as bad as the Callaway balls.

    Interesting that the two balls I have narrowed my search down today for the year(BX and Pro V) did very well.

    Admittedly I would have been one under today if it was not for the BX going too straight off the tee and not coming out of hiding in the rough.

    @UnderParfect said:
    Where did you see the robot test? I haven’t seen anything that compared the 2 against each other for the 2019 versions. I would be interested in this.

    The other site.

    Post edited by scott_Donald on
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,652 ✭✭

    How did the TM balls not fair well when the TP5 and TP5x were ranked in the very good category of the test?

    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,342 ✭✭

    @noodle3872 said:
    How did the TM balls not fair well when the TP5 and TP5x were ranked in the very good category of the test?

    I think It was more they didn't perform like I thought they would. TP5X especially(edited). I thought it would be a fast ball and more much less spinning than the Pro V1 but it was very close. I guess I just think of what Mcilroy and Fowler said when they moved balls.

    The offline figure for the TM balls with the driver, 5X especially with the shot area, why is that greater than the Bridgestone Titleist? The raised seem of the TP5 is not a good sign for consistency.

    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • Xdmike20Xdmike20 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

    @noodle3872 said:
    How did the TM balls not fair well when the TP5 and TP5x were ranked in the very good category of the test?

    I am not saying that they didn't fair well. I was just pointing out that according to TM, the 5x is supposed to be the lower spinning, longer ball but the test showed the opposite. I was about to buy some of the 5x balls but I may now continue to stick with my prov1x balls. According to the tests, it seems like it is the better ball for my game

    DRIVER- Cobra LTD (Ozik Black Tie)[/font][/color]
    3 WOOD- Cobra Fly-Z (Ozik White Tie)[/font][/color]
    HYBRID- Cobra Bio Cell (19* Project X)[/font][/color]
    IRONS- Cobra Pro CB 2008 (Soft stepped PX6.0)[/font][/color]
    GAP- Vokey SM4 50*[/font][/color]
    SAND- Vokey SM5 54* S grind[/font][/color]
    LOB- Vokey SM5 58* S grind[/font][/color]
    PUTTER- Odyssey O-works 1W red[/font][/color]
    BALL- Nike RZN Tour Platinum(until my stash is gone)[/font][/color]
  • UnderParfectUnderParfect Farmington Hills MIMembers Posts: 76 ✭✭

    I still cannot find this test. What should I be searching for?

    Titleist TS3 10.5 Evenflow White 65g 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Evenflow White 75g 6.0
    Titleist 915H 18 & 24 - Dia Blue 70S
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW - Steelfiber i95 Stiff
    Vokey SM5 49, 54, 59 - Steelfiber i125 Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black T-Line / SS GT1.0 CC
    Titleist 2019 ProV1x
  • UnderParfectUnderParfect Farmington Hills MIMembers Posts: 76 ✭✭

    Got it thanks scott

    Titleist TS3 10.5 Evenflow White 65g 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Evenflow White 75g 6.0
    Titleist 915H 18 & 24 - Dia Blue 70S
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW - Steelfiber i95 Stiff
    Vokey SM5 49, 54, 59 - Steelfiber i125 Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black T-Line / SS GT1.0 CC
    Titleist 2019 ProV1x
  • TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 191 ✭✭

    I wrote a lengthy review from my visit at the Kingdom 6 months ago on the golf ball but wanted to report back after playing a few rounds outside finally. I played the 2017 TP5 because I loved the short game spin and the soft feel of the ball. While at the Kingdom with the driver I was seeing 8-10 yards more in distance with the 2019 TP5X. The fitter said I had to give it more of a chance and test the 2019 ball as it will spin a touch more around the green than the previous TP5X. I've played 4-5 rounds so far and all have been in 15mph+ wind and the TP5X has been much better in the wind and has gone further than the 2019 TP5. The TP5X performance in cross winds is something I've never seen it's so good. With it being early in the season the greens are still a bit shaggy but I haven't noticed the short game spin struggles I had with the 2017 ball. It definitely doesn't spin as much as the TP5 but I was getting the response I wanted out of the golf ball. Hopefully it's calm here soon so I can get a good measure on distance without wind but I'd say the TP5X has been about a half club longer for me. So far loving the TP5X and will be playing that ball over the TP5 for the foreseeable future. Could change middle of summer with very firm greens but I'll report back periodically with more updates.

    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
    Taylormade TP5X
Sign In or Register to comment.