Taylormade m5 and m6 irons

Taylormade M2 D type 12*
Taylormade M2 3 wood
Taylormade M4 5 wood
Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid/Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
Callaway sure out 58* wedge
Taylormade Burner speed/RBZ soft balls
Odyssey 7s black

Comments

• bbr16bbr16 Members Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Love the look of the M6. Definitely interested in seeing these in person.
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,568 ✭✭
    Hideous. But then again, I’ve said that about every M series iron thus far so..
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,568 ✭✭
    And, can’t help but to see the resemblance to the Nike Vapor Fly and Vapor Fly Pro irons with that bar in the back.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,480 ✭✭
    These do not get me real excited at all. I could do without all the ugly graphics..
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,102 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2019 8:31am #6
    I'm usually not this negative with any release. There will be someone that likes them. All that said, these are some ugly a** irons. They better work or these will probably flame out spectacularly.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,908 ClubWRX
    These aren't real beauty queens in photos, I'll freely admit that. But I will say that in hand, these photos don't do them justice. Especially the M5, the model of the two geared more for lower handicaps. The offset is very low, head is compact, and the finish actually looks high quality. I showed them to a few customers walking in and out of my proshop as I was having my product meeting with my rep, and all really spoke well of them. I would even consider playing them, keeping in mind I've absolutely hated TM for about 10 years now and refused to bring their products into my proshop. Which has changed this year with the intro of these new lines.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,316 ✭✭
    The M6 7-iron has less loft (28.5*) than my 6-iron. I hope they work for someone; but not me.
    On Sundays, I used to play hickory
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,347 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2019 8:40am #9
    Meh.......another release claiming more distance, speed, forgiveness, accuracy, blah, blah, blah. They're probably very good clubs, as are most of the OEM offerings. But are they really any better? If you like the looks, get them. If you want new sticks, get them. If you want lower scores, make more birdies.
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,687 mod
    edited Jan 7, 2019 8:41am #10
    When I look at them my first thought is of the Nike Slingshot iron and how much those thing whistled when you swung them.

Honestly though the M5 looks pretty **** good at address - to me.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • Tiptx1122Tiptx1122 TMPing Members Posts: 1,651 ClubWRX
    I don't see anything wrong with the way these irons look. They are game improvement irons. Look at every other companies SGI irons especially Cobra and you could say the same about them so being a fan of TaylorMade I say Way to Go as they are here to stay. If I wasn't hitting my P790's so well and was looking for a SGI iron I would highly consider them as I'm sure they perform. I also like there new Drivers M5 and M6 but my P790's and M3 with UST Mamiya Attas Cool shaft are not leaving my bag. Remember everything will look better in person plus in the hands of the right person Wow look out. Glad the see TM push the envelope again.
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    Seems to me they could have combined them into one iron.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 191 ✭✭
    chris975d wrote:

These aren't real beauty queens in photos, I'll freely admit that. But I will say that in hand, these photos don't do them justice. Especially the M5, the model of the two geared more for lower handicaps. The offset is very low, head is compact, and the finish actually looks high quality. I showed them to a few customers walking in and out of my proshop as I was having my product meeting with my rep, and all really spoke well of them. I would even consider playing them, keeping in mind I've absolutely hated TM for about 10 years now and refused to bring their products into my proshop. Which has changed this year with the intro of these new lines.

Couldn't agree more with this. These irons aren't irons that suit my game but when I looked down at the M5 irons I couldn't believe how thin the top line was for a more game improvement iron. Had a players look to it at address. I think this line will have great success.
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    Taylormade TP5X
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,908 ClubWRX
    Konklifer wrote:
    Seems to me they could have combined them into one iron.

They are a good bit different in person. Don't see how they could do that. Kind of the same difference in..say...Callaway's Rogue irons and Rogue Pros. Those two certainly couldn't be merged into one model.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,027 ClubWRX
    sdandrea wrote:

Meh.......another release claiming more distance, speed, forgiveness, accuracy, blah, blah, blah. They're probably very good clubs, as are most of the OEM offerings. But are they really any better? If you like the looks, get them. If you want new sticks, get them. If you want lower scores, make more birdies.

In my opinion, the biggest change with these is the sound. A lot of sound modeling went into the design of these in order to make the sound/feel a lot closer to a players cavity back instead of the traditional game improvement iron. It felt like a real, tangible benefit over previous offerings. I think this is an area in which you'll see more focus over time for this market segment.

The irons are absolutely not intended for a player like me, but the M5 looked pretty good in person for a game improvement iron. If I was someone in the 10+ range and struggled with my iron play, I would absolutely consider them.

Also, if you want lower scores, don't make more birdies; make less bogeys. It's hard to make more birdies, but it's easy to make fewer bogeys.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5, GD Tour AD GP-6s, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M3 T3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-770 3-4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed Members Posts: 3,334 ✭✭
    dcmidnight wrote:

When I look at them my first thought is of the Nike Slingshot iron and how much those thing whistled when you swung them.

Honestly though the M5 looks pretty **** good at address - to me.

I was thinking the same thing... so Nike had done something right with the slingshot design and Taylormade is just now duplicating it. Or is this just more gimmick. Either way, why am I not surprised?
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,714 ✭✭
    The M5 looks good at address. Back is a little funny looking though.
    TM M6 10.5 w/PX Evenflow Blue 65 Stiff
    TM M4 3HL w/Diamana D+ Ltd 70 Stiff
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2

TM TP5x
  • SimpSimp Members Posts: 2,908 ✭✭
    No thanks
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭
    I play blades but just thought I’d pop in to a thread about a set of clubs that are not and will never be on my radar just so i could say “ewwwwwww....ugly”.
  • chadillac65chadillac65 FloridaMembers Posts: 315 ✭✭
    She’s a beaut Clark
    Driver: TaylorMade M5 9* Mitshibishi Tensei Orange 60 TX 45.5 inches
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M4 15* Mitshibishi Tensei White 70 S tipped .5 inches 43.5 inches
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 17* Matrix Altus 85 S tipped .5 inch 40.5 inches
    Irons: TaylorMade P790 4-GW / Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedge: TaylorMade Mill Grind Raw 56* / DG S400 TaylorMade High Toe 60* / DG S400
    Putter: Evnroll ER9 35 inches
  • JohnKHawkJohnKHawk Members Posts: 723 ✭✭
    Looks good at address & if it performs well & feels good when struck I don't really care what the back of the iron looks like.
  • bbr16bbr16 Members Posts: 92 ✭✭
    To each their own, I guess I’m in the minority here. Are they different from what’s currently out? Definitely. Not groundbreaking new tech, but looks solid to me. I’m wondering if some former Nike engineers had their touch on these.
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,011 ✭✭
    jll62 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

The irons are absolutely not intended for a player like me, but the M5 looked pretty good in person for a game improvement iron. If I was someone in the 10+ range and struggled with my iron play, I would absolutely consider them.

Also, if you want lower scores, don't make more birdies; make less bogeys. It's hard to make more birdies, but it's easy to make fewer bogeys.

So much of this. My scores drop more frequently from eliminating blow up holes and only making bogey (instead of worse).

I play blades but just thought I'd pop in to a thread about a set of clubs that are not and will never be on my radar just so i could say "ewwwwwww....ugly".

image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

Are the toplines on the M5 actually thin, or do they just look thin? I know a few clubs recently have had some optical illusions on the topline created by different finishes. It doesnt matter either way, just curious.
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,027 ClubWRX
    blink3665 wrote:

Are the toplines on the M5 actually thin, or do they just look thin? I know a few clubs recently have had some optical illusions on the topline created by different finishes. It doesnt matter either way, just curious.

The chamfer between the face and the top line gives the perception that the top line is thinner than it actually is, but the effect works. The top line does not seem that big at address behind the ball. I don't have any in hand photos to show the effect, but here are the press shots.

TaylorMade M3 9.5, GD Tour AD GP-6s, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M3 T3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-770 3-4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • summerofsummerof Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    They look pretty good
  • bbr16 wrote:

To each their own, I guess I'm in the minority here. Are they different from what's currently out? Definitely. Not groundbreaking new tech, but looks solid to me. I'm wondering if some former Nike engineers had their touch on these.

If I recall correctly the Slingshot irons did have a bar going across the back of the iron, but it was for CG positioning image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> TM's site explain the tech as providing "more distance with better sound and feel". Nothing CG related there...

She's a beaut Clark

image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • chungnjnchungnjn ClubWRX Posts: 105 ClubWRX
    Any other takes on these? I wonder how the M5 compare to the P790s. Interested in the trade enhancement, but not in the woods.
  • WoodersonWooderson Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    Yeah. This thread just died. Haven't played TM products. Ive been anti TM, but hit the m5 and wow those feel really awesome. Not like a forged club but nice yet different.

The look at address is a 10 for a CB with some help. Seriously considering these over my i200s and g410s.
    Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
    Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
    Callaway Epic Flash 15°/18°
    Ping G410 22°
    Titleist 818 H1 25°
    G410 6-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth GW/SW
    Ping Eye2 LW
    Piretti Potenza
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    These clubs look ugly to me. Give me forged club like a Wilson FG Tour V6, Cobra Forged Tour or a Hogan PTx instead. The whole distance/loft game has become annoying (here's your new 24* 7-iron! Hooray!!).
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,209 ✭✭
    They do look nice at address.

At least the don't have the exposed screw which almost completely ruins the look of the P760 in my opinion.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • stumptownstumptown Members Posts: 25
    wildcatden wrote:

These clubs look ugly to me. Give me forged club like a Wilson FG Tour V6, Cobra Forged Tour or a Hogan PTx instead. The whole distance/loft game has become annoying (here's your new 24* 7-iron! Hooray!!).

Is this sarcasm? If you want forged tour-level clubs these wouldn't ever be on your radar. TaylorMade makes P760s and P730s for you. Why did you even click on this thread?