New Stability Tour version - June 2019

GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals Posts: 8,502 mod
edited Jun 25, 2019 7:43pm in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

«1

Comments

  • ZBUCKZBUCK Ghost ClubWRX Posts: 1,517 ClubWRX

    What's the difference?

    Instagram: @z.buck


    CALLAWAY EPIC - 10.5° KIYOSHI PURPLE 65 X TITLEIST 915F - 21° / GD TOUR AD DJ 7 X TITLEIST 818 H1 - 23° / HZRDUS BLACK 85 X SRIXON Z745 5-PW / DG TOUR ISSUE S400 VOKEY SM7 50°F, 55°S / KBS 610 125 S+ CALLAWAY PM GRIND - 60° / KBS 610 125 S+ ODYSSEY PROTYPE BLACK 2-BALL
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,844 ClubWRX

    @ZBUCK said:
    What's the difference?

    +1. Looks like the Tour version is thinner.

    M4 10.5°  Fujikura Ventus 6
    TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
    790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  Motore Speeder 8.8TS
    0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
    SM7 62M  KBS Tour
    custom putter
    Tour B XS

    (¬¬) WITB Link
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,307 mod

    @jokerusn said:

    @ZBUCK said:
    What's the difference?

    +1. Looks like the Tour version is thinner.

    Yes, thinner, which means lighter

    Greg

    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    What's the difference in weight?

    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected].com
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Black sleeve too.

    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @DFS PFD said:
    Comes in TX for those long hitters who can't putt (McIlroy)

    As comical as that is, Rory really changed that around at the Canadian Open. He was dropping everything ( less one or two mid range attempts).

    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • tobybeartobybear Members, Media Staffer Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Im gonna guess a softer profile - looks really cool

  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What kind of price inflation should we expect from a "premium putter shaft" with word TOUR now on it. $500?

    14 Golf Clubs
  • tphilptphilp Members Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

    @QuigleyDU said:
    I do not think a 200 dollar putter shaft can fix my problems on the green.

    It would floor you if you tried it. Obviously with putting there are tons of variables but these things are game changers in my opinion.

  • Double DodgerDouble Dodger Members Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

    What’s a Tru2?

  • Dcoop86Dcoop86 Members Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

    @tphilp said:

    @QuigleyDU said:
    I do not think a 200 dollar putter shaft can fix my problems on the green.

    It would floor you if you tried it. Obviously with putting there are tons of variables but these things are game changers in my opinion.

    I agree it won’t fix my green problems either but I finally rolled one and was honestly impressed. I was interested but skeptical, but walked away a believer (as much as I think one low spin shaft is “better” than another). I actually was more impressed with a Bobby Grace putter. I never even liked the looks but I ended up wanting that combo.

  • tobybeartobybear Members, Media Staffer Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Double Dodger said:
    What’s a Tru2?

    tru2golf.com/en/

    Technology is pretty cool, and the putters look great.

  • Hammer22Hammer22 Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Tried two SpiderX putters with the Stability shaft as well as the stock KBS CT Tour shaft. Felt no difference at all. The ultra-stiff stock KBS shaft works perfectly and has made the SpiderX ridiculously popular for good reason. If your putting needs work, a $200 shaft isn’t going to be the cure.

    nflam-button.png
  • m_wm_w Gearhead Members Posts: 287 ✭✭✭✭

    @tobybear said:

    @Double Dodger said:
    What’s a Tru2?

    tru2golf.com/en/

    Technology is pretty cool, and the putters look great.

    Isn’t that pretty much any radial face like Bobby Grace HSM2, Evnroll, Etc?

  • AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX Posts: 2,929 ClubWRX

    @m_w said:

    @tobybear said:

    @Double Dodger said:
    What’s a Tru2?

    tru2golf.com/en/

    Technology is pretty cool, and the putters look great.

    Isn’t that pretty much any radial face like Bobby Grace HSM2, Evnroll, Etc?

    That milling reminds me of what Ping does with their faces

    10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X<br />15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X<br />19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S<br />4-6 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Oban CT-115 S-<br />7-9 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 46/50/54/58 Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day)
  • KnockdownKnockdown Members Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

    Is there anyway to custom order TaylorMade Spider X with custom lie and one of these shafts installed?

    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 9.5 Matrix Ozik RUL 70X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 iron Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White Hybrid 100 TX
    Ping G400 3-Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105 X
    Ping i 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 125X
    Ping Glide 50SS & 56SS Nippon C10S
    Titleist Vokey Low Bounce K 60 Nippon Modus 3 125 X
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @AUDuffer said:

    @m_w said:

    @tobybear said:

    @Double Dodger said:
    What’s a Tru2?

    tru2golf.com/en/

    Technology is pretty cool, and the putters look great.

    Isn’t that pretty much any radial face like Bobby Grace HSM2, Evnroll, Etc?

    That milling reminds me of what Ping does with their faces

    Those milling on the Tru2 actually seems near identical to the SIK Golf DLT face.

    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Knockdown said:
    Is there anyway to custom order TaylorMade Spider X with custom lie and one of these shafts installed?

    Either buy a Spider X and send it to Breakthrough Golf for them to install and spec it or have a local fitter do it as long as they know what they are doing.

    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,557 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Is it going to be actually for sale ? Or willl you still have to send your putter in to get one?

    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 


  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @bladehunter said:
    Is it going to be actually for sale ? Or willl you still have to send your putter in to get one?

    You don't even have to send your putter in now to get one. Heck, you can buy new one's off ebay for $185 and install yourself if you have a few basic tools and like... 25% of a working brain.

    When is this tour version coming to retail? I've been hearing about it for a while so I've been holding off on getting the current version because I really prefer black shafts for my putter.

    WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    LTD | Aldila Tour Blue 75X (2016 M1 Tour Issue | Diamana B 70X incoming)
    GAPR Lo | Recoil Proto 110F5 (818H2 Aldila Tour Blue 85X back up)
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | AMT Wedge
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Ardmore 2 or Bettinardi MC 360 Tour
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag





  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,557 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Z1ggy16 said:

    @bladehunter said:
    Is it going to be actually for sale ? Or willl you still have to send your putter in to get one?

    You don't even have to send your putter in now to get one. Heck, you can buy new one's off ebay for $185 and install yourself if you have a few basic tools and like... 25% of a working brain.

    When is this tour version coming to retail? I've been hearing about it for a while so I've been holding off on getting the current version because I really prefer black shafts for my putter.

    Hmm. Didn’t know they could be bought yet. I ask originally and they wanted me to send putter in. I said nope. I do my own work. And they stated that they wouldn’t be liable for lost or damaged putters. Too much risk.

    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 


  • TitletownTitletown Members Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

    I've heard nothing but good things but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a putter shaft.

  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @bladehunter said:

    @Z1ggy16 said:

    @bladehunter said:
    Is it going to be actually for sale ? Or willl you still have to send your putter in to get one?

    You don't even have to send your putter in now to get one. Heck, you can buy new one's off ebay for $185 and install yourself if you have a few basic tools and like... 25% of a working brain.

    When is this tour version coming to retail? I've been hearing about it for a while so I've been holding off on getting the current version because I really prefer black shafts for my putter.

    Hmm. Didn’t know they could be bought yet. I ask originally and they wanted me to send putter in. I said nope. I do my own work. And they stated that they wouldn’t be liable for lost or damaged putters. Too much risk.

    Weird. Pretty sure there's an option on the website to buy it "without installation" and you just tell them what putter you have because some of the double bends at .390'' where you glue it in, and others are .370. They make a .355 too but I'm not sure if that many putters use that size tip anymore.

    Really easy to install too, just like installing any other shaft basically.

    WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    LTD | Aldila Tour Blue 75X (2016 M1 Tour Issue | Diamana B 70X incoming)
    GAPR Lo | Recoil Proto 110F5 (818H2 Aldila Tour Blue 85X back up)
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | AMT Wedge
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Ardmore 2 or Bettinardi MC 360 Tour
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag





  • matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    There's another site that did a lot of testing and found that it actually didn't help at all, unless you were inside 10ft I think it was.

    14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

  • Dcoop86Dcoop86 Members Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

    @matchavez said:
    There's another site that did a lot of testing and found that it actually didn't help at all, unless you were inside 10ft I think it was.

    So it didn’t help... until it helped?

  • matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Dcoop86 said:
    So it didn’t help... until it helped?

    I’ll let you find it. It was marginally helpful within 10 feet, it was detrimental 15+. You’ll find it easily if you google it. I’m not going to spoil it.

    14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

  • slicktryslicktry @meximenno Members Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I love the regular stability shaft. Found what type of grip was on it made a difference.
    God Bless
    Jer

    '17 M1 10.5* + w/ ATX Green 85TX
    '16 M2 DF 13* w/ DGSL X100
    16* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    20* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro. Modus 120X HS
    52* TM EF w/ C Taper S+
    58* PM Grind w/ C Taper S+
    Spider Mini Tour Black 33.5" w/BGT Stability Shaft
  • noaces06noaces06 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭

    @tphilp said:

    @QuigleyDU said:
    I do not think a 200 dollar putter shaft can fix my problems on the green.

    It would floor you if you tried it. Obviously with putting there are tons of variables but these things are game changers in my opinion

    +1. Mine is about a month in the bag and I can’t imagine putting without it. Long putts took a bit of time, but it’s nearly impossible to miss your line with this. Worth the investment... in my opinion

    Noaces' WITB...

    Callaway Rogue 9* w/ Handcrafted HZRDUS Yellow (playing at 43.5)
    Cobra F8+ @ 13.5* w/ Fubuki J 70x
    Titleist 816 h2 23* w/ Diamana D+ 92x
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i w/ DG X100
    Titleist 712 AP2 5 - PW w/ DG X100
    Vokey SM6 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file