Teryllium T22 Coming August 16

2456715

Comments

  • OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed Ocean StateClubWRX Posts: 2,401 ClubWRX

    Fastback looks delicious

    M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013
  • philly2kukphilly2kuk Members Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’m currently looking at a Newport 2. Night wait and see how much the UK price is for this first....

    Taylormade M3 with Evenflow Blue
    Ping G 17.5° with Tour 80
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G25 4-PW
    Ping Tour W 50°
    Vokey SM7 56°/14° and 60°/10°
    Scotty Cameron T22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1x

    Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.
  • chazpetchazpet Members Posts: 70 ✭✭

    I’m very interested in the Newport with a flange line, and for $600 hopefully it isn’t too limited where it becomes difficult to get my hands on

    Gobra F9 Avalance - Atmos TS Blue 6S Stiff
    Cobra F9 3 wood - Atmos Blue 7S Stiff
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW DG Pro 120 Stiff
    Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M DG S200
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34" 340g
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    How does the Teryllium feel compared to the most recent Select line that does not have the insert?

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • luke1333luke1333 Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 8, 2019 3:29pm #36

    $600 isn't as bad as I though. I want one with some copper weights to match the insert oh baby that would look sick! But why did they add a sight line?! Can we get a custom one without sight line??

    Ping G400 LST 8.5° Ping Tour Shaft Stiff
    Titleist TS3 15° Evenflow 75g Stiff
    Titleist 816H2 19° Diamana 100X
    Titleist 716 T-mb 4 Iron Project X 6.5
    Titleist 690MB 5-PW Project X 6.5
    Mizuno S18 54° S400
    Vokey WedgeWorks 60.06 K Grind S400
    Piretti Potenza 2 36" 375g

  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 8, 2019 3:37pm #37

    The SC website is going to crash on 8/16. Can we get a long neck?

    My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

    Cobra F9, Atmos Black 6X
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    EVNRoll ER5
  • JackpotJohnnyJackpotJohnny Members Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    If he was smart, he would do a retro drop like this every year

  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @rsh0308 said:
    The SC website is going to crash on 8/16. Can we get a long neck?

    not available online. no long neck (at the moment).

    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @JackpotJohnny said:
    If he was smart, he would do a retro drop like this every year

    he has mentioned about the button back release when Brooks won his 2nd US Open in 2018. he then went on to win the PGA back to back in 2018 and 2019.

    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 8, 2019 4:53pm #41

    @Llortamaisey said:
    Nobody:

    Absolutely no one:

    Not a single golfer that’s ever touched a golf club:

    Don Cameron: we chose 303 stainless over a carbon steel to make the putter more durable.

    I use a 303 stainless putter because it's more durable. I will not play with a carbon putter due to rust concerns.

  • barksdal87barksdal87 ClubWRX Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    edited Jul 8, 2019 5:09pm #42

    I currently game a NP2 Buttonback and love it. These are gonna be unobtainable. Will kick myself forever if I miss this opportunity.

    It's so funny because a few months ago, I toyed with the idea of buying an old Tei3 and having it milled out for Tungsten weights since play 33".

    Would it be sacrilegious to get one of these and strip the black so it looks like one of the old Pro-Platinum TEI3's? I always thought they looked so good with the checkerboard in the cavity.

    I am not a collector, nor do I plan on selling this or my Buttonback, but I am also curious as to what everyone's thoughts are on this release to the Buttonback and T-10 market values.

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Oaks said:
    Fastback looks delicious

    My feelings exactly.....really like the look of it.

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • collindm1collindm1 Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

    Can anyone tell me the "feel" difference between a putter like this (T-22) as opposed to a 2014/2015 deep milled model? Is the 2014 line softer or would thisT22 be softer? I'm looking for something with a little more feedback than the 2014/2015 Newport, but not much - just enough to have a little better distance control. Thanks!

  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @barksdal87 said:
    I currently game a NP2 Buttonback and love it. These are gonna be unobtainable. Will kick myself forever if I miss this opportunity.

    It's so funny because a few months ago, I toyed with the idea of buying an old Tei3 and having it milled out for Tungsten weights since play 33".

    Would it be sacrilegious to get one of these and strip the black so it looks like one of the old Pro-Platinum TEI3's? I always thought they looked so good with the checkerboard in the cavity.

    I am not a collector, nor do I plan on selling this or my Buttonback, but I am also curious as to what everyone's thoughts are on this release to the Buttonback and T-10 market values.

    BB prices have seem to be all over the place after Brooks won his most recent major. before the normal secondary price was roughly $800 new. after a few wins it went up to $1200 roughly then back down. now i'm checking ebay and seems they're all over the place. they'll still hold great value IMO.

    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • T-3T-3 Members Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    edited Jul 8, 2019 6:43pm #46

    I love the classic TeI3’s and own an original Newport. I want to love this one and I’m glad SC brought it back. However I just can’t get over the flange line not to mention how busy the sole is. Not as bad as this one:

    I know the sole doesn’t matter at address, but you still have to look at it every time you use it. Like the T10 sole, the T22 just looks busy and tacky to me. So does the headcover. At $600 I’m not going to fight to get one.

    However, I do like the more practical finish and I don’t think the 303 steel is a negative considering contact is on the insert and with the dampening, I doubt the feel will be much diminished over carbon. Not worrying about the finish will be nice. And the adjustable weights are key. I’m excited to read some WRX reviews come August.

    [Edit for typo.]

  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭

    @Yanki01 said:

    @rsh0308 said:
    The SC website is going to crash on 8/16. Can we get a long neck?

    not available online. no long neck (at the moment).

    I suppose for the price I could just buy an original long neck and have it refinished. Would love to see it though!

    My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

    Cobra F9, Atmos Black 6X
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    EVNRoll ER5
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @rsh0308 said:

    @Yanki01 said:

    @rsh0308 said:
    The SC website is going to crash on 8/16. Can we get a long neck?

    not available online. no long neck (at the moment).

    I suppose for the price I could just buy an original long neck and have it refinished. Would love to see it though!

    It wouldn't be a bad idea.

    another thing i do like is the new finish from a gamer standpoint. hanging a shinny gun blue/black oxide on the wall is nice but not so much playing in the middle of the day bright sun. the adjustable weights are also a plus. it's a welcome sight to a classic. goes to show he can replicate the old sticks. now he needs to find the file for the button back and enter the codes on the CNC machine.

    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • woods991woods991 believelandClubWRX Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    by far the best Scotty line in a long time! I have always been a fan of the Teryllium putters!

    Signature of Solon CC
    Ping G400 max 10.5 Tour Ad TP 6s 6 45"
    Ping g410 14.5 Tour Ad MJ 7s 43”
    Titleist 917 f2 18* Diamana  Thump 70s
    Callaway CF19 5-pw KBS C-Taper Lite 105
    Taylormade 50*, 55*, 60* Milled Grind Wedge Tour Only Nippon NS Pro WV 125S
    Evnroll ER9 Superstroke ultra slim 1.0p 33”
  • GolfdoctorGolfdoctor Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Would the Newport 2 have more or less toe hang than the Fastback 1.5 ?

  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I like the direction he is going, but Newport shapes again??? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  • JackpotJohnnyJackpotJohnny Members Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Retail BB’s resale values have fluctuated over the years, but resale on the T10 CT that BK uses has remained basically flat . I thought it would heat up after a couple majors, but maybe it will take a couple more

    @Yanki01 said:

    @barksdal87 said:
    I currently game a NP2 Buttonback and love it. These are gonna be unobtainable. Will kick myself forever if I miss this opportunity.

    It's so funny because a few months ago, I toyed with the idea of buying an old Tei3 and having it milled out for Tungsten weights since play 33".

    Would it be sacrilegious to get one of these and strip the black so it looks like one of the old Pro-Platinum TEI3's? I always thought they looked so good with the checkerboard in the cavity.

    I am not a collector, nor do I plan on selling this or my Buttonback, but I am also curious as to what everyone's thoughts are on this release to the Buttonback and T-10 market values.

    BB prices have seem to be all over the place after Brooks won his most recent major. before the normal secondary price was roughly $800 new. after a few wins it went up to $1200 roughly then back down. now i'm checking ebay and seems they're all over the place. they'll still hold great value IMO.

  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Never owned a Scotty Cameron.

    Buying one of these.

  • newportbeachnewportbeach Members Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 8, 2019 7:52pm #54

    With the similarity of these to the BBs I think you will see a price drop. They are a viable alternative that will be brand new for a lot less than current BB prices. Plus some will like the shape on these better than the BBs I think the Newport on the T22s looks better than the BB Newport.

    Though much is taken much abides;
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    - Lord Tennyson
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 810 BST Banned

    @raynorfan1 said:
    Never owned a Scotty Cameron.

    Buying one of these.

    Ditto. Never owned a Cameron but my order is in. The plan is to put it in the bag but if they're reselling for a pile of cash ...

  • Pinging77Pinging77 NMMembers Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

    @chazpet said:
    I’m very interested in the Newport with a flange line, and for $600 hopefully it isn’t too limited where it becomes difficult to get my hands on

    6,000 units from several reps.

  • ASN21ASN21 #TeamTaylorMade Bay AreaMembers Posts: 174 ✭✭✭

    $600 seems very reasonable for these to me

    TaylorMade M6 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Black
    TaylorMade M6 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 & 4 - KBS Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 5-AW - Project X LZ
    TaylorMade Milled Grind HI-TOE 56 & 60 - KBS HI-REV 2.0
    TaylorMade My Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5/X

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ASN21 said:
    $600 seems very reasonable for these to me

    Now would it beat out a Spider X is the real question if the $600 is worth it

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • whiffwhiff Members Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

    tried Discount Dan's this AM & allotment for them already sold out. Bummer wanted a fastback.

  • mtg6193mtg6193 Damn you people, go back to your shantys Stuart, FLMembers Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

    Where can we pick these up?

    Witb: pb&j and extra socks
  • artsmart73artsmart73 the art of golf Members Posts: 878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 8, 2019 11:53pm #61

    well, finally a current scotty I'm interested in.

    910 D2 9.5*/910 FD 15*/915 18*
    712 4I
    MP 30 5I
    MP 57 6I
    MP 58 7I-8I
    MP 15 9I
    Vokey 46F/52F/56M/60M
    AOP NP 2 (BOS 2x oil can)
    Chrome soft

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file