Golf channel programming (MERGED)

stingerfade ·  
stingerfadestingerfade Members  512WRX Points: 348Posts: 512 Golden Tee

Hmm Sunday afternoon no live golf so let’s show an LPGA weather delay round. There’s NOTHING else?? This is going to be a very long “pause” as all the courses have closed now.

Posted:
Post edited by 1t2golf on

Comments

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4285WRX Points: 1,397Posts: 4,285 Titanium Tees

PGA Tour was on NBC this afternoon. 2018 Valspar final round.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cougarthesecondcougarthesecond Members  63WRX Points: 58Handicap: 8Posts: 63 Bunkers

NBC will probably use this dead period to give some folks notice they won't be needed anymore when GC moves to Ct. Perfect timing for pink slips.

Posted:
  • JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever In a big country, dreams stay with you PAMembers  432WRX Points: 358Posts: 432 Greens

They should be filming 30-minute clinics from the pros. One pro. One camera (heck it could be an iPhone). Make sure the camera operator knows golf and the 5Ws. Televise it with minimal editing (eg, bleep out the naughty words, put in some background music, front and back bumpers, etc.). Even this minimal new content would be better than seeing re-runs. Guaranteed to make money as the production budget would be practically zero.

It could work. Heck, I watch the 2-minute Elkington videos on YouTube and to say that those have any production values would be a stretch.

Posted:
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members  3543WRX Points: 564Posts: 3,543 Titanium Tees

I don't get why it's being shown over and over...and over and over...and..

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST  Ozik F6M2
    Cobra LTD PRO Ozik TP6HD

Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 
  • JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever In a big country, dreams stay with you PAMembers  432WRX Points: 358Posts: 432 Greens

Get the Golf Sidekick guy to produce videos for The Golf Channel. If that guy is a one man show, he could easily produce content for TGC very quickly.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1552WRX Points: 442Posts: 1,552 Platinum Tees

Show the Jackass scene with the guys driving the golf carts where Knoxville almost got killed...

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • Showtime9Showtime9 MonsterHeel Members  194WRX Points: 60Handicap: 16Posts: 194 Fairways

Why they are not showing old Golf Channel Academy or more instructional content (besides school of golf and Chris Como's show) is beyond me.

They should follow the NBA and NFL's lead and make the GOLFPASS content free while everybody self-isolates. That way its free advertisement to get people hooked to continue to subscribe in the future.

Posted:
  • Jack_HJack_H Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers  30796WRX Points: 7,070Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,796 Titanium Tees

Makes me wonder if NBC didn’t buy old golf Chanel content. And the Valspar is all they own the rights to ?

somebody who’s on twitter should send them a chirp and ask wtf ?

Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Artisan Raw  53 59 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

• MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members  969WRX Points: 455Handicap: 4.1Posts: 969 Golden Tee

No ****, it drives me nuts. You'd think with all this extra time on their hands they could at least make it so its not the same **** shows every 4 hours, 5 days a week.

Iwas thinking about this yesterday. Change up some of the god **** commercials too! drives me absolutely nuts.

Posted:
  • cougarthesecondcougarthesecond Members  63WRX Points: 58Handicap: 8Posts: 63 Bunkers

My guess is GC is operating with basically a skeleton crew in Orlando and won't do much for programming until the Stamford, Ct. operation is in place.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5789WRX Points: 3,134Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,789 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • gvogelgvogel Members  8189WRX Points: 1,152Posts: 8,189 Titanium Tees

One word: Tiger.

The Golf Channel programmers/executives are so misinformed. The solid group of Golf Channel watchers are over-saturated with Tiger.

Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

NBC didn't buy Golf Channel. GC is owned by Comcast. Comcast bought NBC Universal in 2011 and merged GC under the NBC Sports umbrella. Why they keep showing the same tournaments over and over makes no sense.

Posted:
  • Jack_HJack_H Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers  30796WRX Points: 7,070Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,796 Titanium Tees

Hmm. Thanks for the clarification.. but makes less sense now. Lol. Maybe they just ran out of the building and that was in the VCR?

Posted:
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Artisan Raw  53 59 s400

"Bring back Kelly Tilghman"

lol...I needed a good laugh.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSMMembers  1579WRX Points: 312Posts: 1,579 Platinum Tees

I really think the more realistic answer is they either don't care or don't understand who their core viewers actually are. It has gotten to the point that unless the tournament that I would like to see is on TGC, I won't turn it on anymore since it's all the same stuff over and over, including the commercials. They have to have the content from the earlier years somewhere, though.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.

Absolutely. Much better than “ the coach “ or insert “ tall lady with British accent “

Posted:
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Artisan Raw  53 59 s400

• wcbjrwcbjr Members  2918WRX Points: 179Handicap: 3Posts: 2,918 Titanium Tees

How about 2019 Master final round?

https://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/index.html#

Posted:
  • bullie76bullie76 Members  2280WRX Points: 224Handicap: 9Posts: 2,280 Platinum Tees

I've been watching the 1970 Masters on YT. Going into a next day playoff between Littler and Casper. I'll let you know how it comes out. ;) Amazing how poor the grass looked then as compared to now. Of course back in those days they didn't overseed.

Posted:
    My senior bag.......
    Callaway Rogue 9 * driver & 3,5 fw woods reg
    Callaway Rogue X 4,5 hybrids reg
    Cobra F9 SL 6-gap Recoil 780 f3 shafts
    Callaway MD 4 52* A wedge
    Ping Glide ss 58* s/w 
    Odyssey O-Works Marman black putter
    Datrex 15 way IDS cart bag - black
  • stingerfadestingerfade Members  512WRX Points: 348Posts: 512 Golden Tee

It is lame they aren’t following nfl and nba and giving their fans a break and free content during this “pause”. A free month for subscribers. Oooooh thanks

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members  3543WRX Points: 564Posts: 3,543 Titanium Tees

i have no problem watching greatness...if it's about Tiger why show the valspar over and over..surely they have more tournaments with Tiger highlights...would prefer that..rather not see mickelson lol

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST  Ozik F6M2
    Cobra LTD PRO Ozik TP6HD

Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 

At least tonight they are showing the 2019 WGC Match play final. There is so much more they could show.

Posted:
  • Showtime9Showtime9 MonsterHeel Members  194WRX Points: 60Handicap: 16Posts: 194 Fairways

Anybody watching School of Golf with Nikki B?

She is not bad but I find her trying to be Blair...even her little laugh sounds like Blair's laugh. I am not knocking her but make it your own.

Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32469WRX Points: 2,458Posts: 32,469 Titanium Tees

Yes, I don't get it either. You would think they would have film of other events, lol. If nothing else show the Shell's WWG...those are fun to watch.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• Sean2Sean2 Members  32469WRX Points: 2,458Posts: 32,469 Titanium Tees

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

Advertisement

A wise marketing guy told me years ago, at around the height of the Tiger hysteria, the Golf Channel doesn't care about golf as a sport, they use golf as a means to sell advertising.

Posted:
  • sciggssciggs Members  27WRX Points: 15Handicap: 4Posts: 27 Bunkers

Is she the replacement for Blair or just a fill-in while she's on pregnancy leave?

Posted:
  • OBbogey5OBbogey5 Falconer Members  1055WRX Points: 186Posts: 1,055 Platinum Tees

Koooooch and the Kizz are on right now! I mean, the fireworks are abundant. These guys are dynamo!!

All kidding aside, at least they are both solid guys. Oh wait, Kooooch.. what’d he do a couple years ago to that local caddy south of the border..? That’s right - he big timed him! Way to go, Koooch!! You da man!

Keep up the can’t miss excitement GC! I’ll be glued to you for the next month or so Hahahaha

Posted:

Advertisement

She is the "Social Media" Correspondent for the network. She is just filling in for Blair while on Mat leave

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.