We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Taylormade P790 Irons

1109110112114115122
122

Comments

  • cardia10cardia10  2510WRX Points: 193Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #3332
    No luck on BST with mine either....to be such awesome irons, selling them for $500-600 below retail isn’t doing much good. I hate dealing with eBay though!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino  2306WRX Points: 211Members Posts: 2,306
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2018 #3333
    Still for sale. 👍



    I’ll add that in my experience they are the longest irons I’ve ever hit. They look great and feel great.



    I just seem to be point and shoot with my 714 AP2s- albeit a club and a half shorter... but I can’t argue with knocking pins down.



    It may be an issue of shaft difference (px lz 5.5 vs s300) and I’d rather not reshaft the p790s.



    I do play with 3 buddies who swear by their p790s. Again ymmv.



    They are (unfortunately) Just not for me.
    Posted:
    M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
    Some driving iron for Links courses
    Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s
    A Vokey wedge or 2
    I love/hate every one of my 17 putters
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer  583WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 583
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2018 #3334
    cardia10 wrote:


    No luck on BST with mine either....to be such awesome irons, selling them for $500-600 below retail isn't doing much good. I hate dealing with eBay though!
    Yeah, this says it all - action speaks louder than words (or the proof in the puddin' as they say). If these irons were all some folks said they were, nobody would have to sell them (in mint condition) and lose around half their money. The market knows all and it appears the market has taken its position on these irons which is perfectly consistent with our position.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2703WRX Points: 601Members Posts: 2,703
    Joined:  #3335
    cardia10 wrote:
    No luck on BST with mine either....to be such awesome irons, selling them for $500-600 below retail isn’t doing much good. I hate dealing with eBay though!




    Wrong shaft for me or I would’ve. Everything I was watching on eBay sold or is selling for over $800-900.
    Posted:
  • cardia10cardia10  2510WRX Points: 193Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #3336
    After their fees and PayPal fees and running the risk of a crazy buyer, Id prefer to take my chances here but the demand just isn’t here.
    Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,539Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  #3337
    They were bought en masses by GolfWRX’ers who are square in the P790 target demographic. Had to have them the moment they came out.



    Now the market is flooded. Used pricing will take a hit, no doubt. Happens all the time with trendy Callaway or Taylormade releases that generate a lot of buzz here and on other forums.
    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2703WRX Points: 601Members Posts: 2,703
    Joined:  #3338
    cardia10 wrote:
    After their fees and PayPal fees and running the risk of a crazy buyer, Id prefer to take my chances here but the demand just isn’t here.






    I was just stating what they were selling for which means someone is paying it and there is a demand. I prefer to use eBay as a last resort for selling myself but that’s a moot issue. I’m pretty sure there is demand here too just not for a set with PX 6.5s.
    Posted:
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer  583WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 583
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2018 #3339


    They were bought en masses by GolfWRX’ers who are square in the P790 target demographic. Had to have them the moment they came out.



    Now the market is flooded. Used pricing will take a hit, no doubt. Happens all the time with trendy Callaway or Taylormade releases that generate a lot of buzz here and on other forums.
    Yeah, be like Warren Buffet and run in the opposite direction of the herd!
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer  583WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 583
    Joined:  #3340
    BiggErn wrote:

    cardia10 wrote:
    After their fees and PayPal fees and running the risk of a crazy buyer, Id prefer to take my chances here but the demand just isn’t here.






    I was just stating what they were selling for which means someone is paying it and there is a demand. I prefer to use eBay as a last resort for selling myself but that’s a moot issue. I’m pretty sure there is demand here too just not for a set with PX 6.5s.
    PX 6.5's are my favorite shaft on the planet. Most accurate iron shaft I've ever played (and I've played them all) - loving them in my Srixons and will be ordering them in my 785's when released.
    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2703WRX Points: 601Members Posts: 2,703
    Joined:  #3341
    SMUGamer wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

    cardia10 wrote:
    After their fees and PayPal fees and running the risk of a crazy buyer, Id prefer to take my chances here but the demand just isn’t here.






    I was just stating what they were selling for which means someone is paying it and there is a demand. I prefer to use eBay as a last resort for selling myself but that’s a moot issue. I’m pretty sure there is demand here too just not for a set with PX 6.5s.
    PX 6.5's are my favorite shaft on the planet. Most accurate iron shaft I've ever played (and I've played them all) - loving them in my Srixons and will be ordering them in my 785's when released.






    Well I know somebody that’s has a set of P790’s with them in it.
    Posted:
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer  583WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 583
    Joined:  #3342
    BiggErn wrote:

    SMUGamer wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

    cardia10 wrote:
    After their fees and PayPal fees and running the risk of a crazy buyer, Id prefer to take my chances here but the demand just isn’t here.






    I was just stating what they were selling for which means someone is paying it and there is a demand. I prefer to use eBay as a last resort for selling myself but that’s a moot issue. I’m pretty sure there is demand here too just not for a set with PX 6.5s.
    PX 6.5's are my favorite shaft on the planet. Most accurate iron shaft I've ever played (and I've played them all) - loving them in my Srixons and will be ordering them in my 785's when released.






    Well I know somebody that’s has a set of P790’s with them in it.
    Appreciate the thought, BiggErn but ill have to pass. Sticking with Srixon's until there are true enhancements.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • tpup21tpup21  8WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 8
    Joined:  #3343
    SMUGamer wrote:


    OK, I think P790's are the most popular clubs on the BST - get 'em while you can folks!!! image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' /> image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' />




    SMU....jealousy is a bad emotion, once you get beyond your teen years, you will understand.
    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2703WRX Points: 601Members Posts: 2,703
    Joined:  #3344
    SMUGamer wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

    SMUGamer wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

    cardia10 wrote:
    After their fees and PayPal fees and running the risk of a crazy buyer, Id prefer to take my chances here but the demand just isn’t here.






    I was just stating what they were selling for which means someone is paying it and there is a demand. I prefer to use eBay as a last resort for selling myself but that’s a moot issue. I’m pretty sure there is demand here too just not for a set with PX 6.5s.
    PX 6.5's are my favorite shaft on the planet. Most accurate iron shaft I've ever played (and I've played them all) - loving them in my Srixons and will be ordering them in my 785's when released.






    Well I know somebody that’s has a set of P790’s with them in it.
    Appreciate the thought, BiggErn but ill have to pass. Sticking with Srixon's until there are true enhancements.




    Nothing wrong with Srixons. Never had any but they remind me a lot of Bridgestone.
    Posted:
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer  583WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 583
    Joined:  #3345
    tpup21 wrote:

    SMUGamer wrote:


    OK, I think P790's are the most popular clubs on the BST - get 'em while you can folks!!! image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' /> image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' />




    SMU....jealousy is a bad emotion, once you get beyond your teen years, you will understand.
    Thanks for the wise words, pup. Especially glad we brought you out of your hibernation/shell since 2008 to make just your 2nd post. Welcome! ��
    Posted:
  • PracticeAprlPracticeAprl  83WRX Points: 47Members Posts: 83
    Joined:  #3346
    Same for me I was hitting them straight but distances were off. I was shooting worse scores.



    Got a set of p770 and I don’t hit them quite as far but I am hitting almost every green. I find the p770 just as forgiving but not as hot off the face


    These have been out of the bag for a few weeks now as I've gone back to my 501s. I found the distances more inconsistent the more I used these. Was striping them straight, but pin high began tougher and tougher to hit. From 150 yards out I'd be able to get a PW there, but also a 9 iron, it was very weird. Very easy to catch the hot spot. Plus I found a massive gap between the shortest iron and wedge.



    Still fantastic irons though, a buddy of mine is using them and his handicap has dropped significantly since bagging them. Just not for me I guess...
    Posted:
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1  2551WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 2,551
    Joined:  #3347


    Quick question for those of you whom gamed or have hit the 2014 Callaway Apex irons:



    -Are these easier, or harder to hit when compared?



    -How is the feel compared to both of these?



    Thanks!




    I have 2014 Apex irons in my bag now along with a P790 3 iron and approach wedge. I think they feel about the same. Don’t expect a true forged feel from either. Personally, I prefer the Apex and Apex CF16 irons over an entire set of P790’s. Folks talk about fliers and distance control issues with both sets but since I am a high spin player I have no issues stopping the Apex irons on the green.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • RodCRodC  360WRX Points: 34Members Posts: 360
    Joined:  #3348
    SMUGamer wrote:

    RodC wrote:

    SMUGamer wrote:

    cardia10 wrote:


    As a single digit player, iron play is not usually a weak point. On course, I usually hit an AP2 7 iron 170 carry. The P790s carried 170-195 with same impact location hitting approach shots and tee shots on a par 3. I thought it was just me, so paid for a Trackan session. It 100% confirmed that I was hitting center face with same swing speed and had 20 yard differences in the same iron. My set will be listed on BST tonight. 4-AW Project X 6.5. They will be the most consistent or most inconsistent based on what you read here. I'll play my old Scratch blades and know exactly how far they will go for me.
    Exactly. I was just at one of our Socal golf shops and the main fitter at the location said this exact same thing about the P790's. He even went so far as to say because of the distance inconsistencies and variances - they are UNPLAYABLE.



    Look, I don't understand all the folks coming in to defend these irons, as if its personal to them. If they work for you great, but most good players won't even consider irons like these with little to no distance control. Guess thats why NO pros are playing them from what I've seen.




    I found that many of these folks, that "defend" the 790 are real users, while many that worry about inconsistency are referrals!



    Also, these are near GI irons category. There are (in TaylorMade) 3-4 iron series (770, 750, 730) offered for better payers. So it is understandable that better players would prefer these other options, blades. I assume they would also complain about M3/M4 inconsistency
    Says the fella that "benched" his P790's back in March of this year (see sig block - WITB), so that he could play some real irons - Mizzy's. Good choice by the way, Mizzy's have great distance control you can count on.



    RodC (WITB):

    "Ping G400 Alta CB, R Shaft

    M2 3 Wood

    TM SLDR 4 Hybrid

    4-PW Mizuno MP-18SC - Steelfiber i95 (since Nov 17) - on the bag

    4-PW TM P-790 Modus 3 105 Stiff (since March 18) - on the bench

    Cleveland RX2 50/08

    Vokey SM6 raw 54 & 58/08"





    Yes exactly. The Mizuno are great consistency and the irons I love most. But that doesn’t mean the 790 are bad or unplayable. And I haven’t experienced the inconsistency mentioned, not that there isn’t but I’m sure it’s noticeable by very good players only that should use other irons than 790

    SMUGamer wrote:

    RodC wrote:

    SMUGamer wrote:

    cardia10 wrote:


    As a single digit player, iron play is not usually a weak point. On course, I usually hit an AP2 7 iron 170 carry. The P790s carried 170-195 with same impact location hitting approach shots and tee shots on a par 3. I thought it was just me, so paid for a Trackan session. It 100% confirmed that I was hitting center face with same swing speed and had 20 yard differences in the same iron. My set will be listed on BST tonight. 4-AW Project X 6.5. They will be the most consistent or most inconsistent based on what you read here. I'll play my old Scratch blades and know exactly how far they will go for me.
    Exactly. I was just at one of our Socal golf shops and the main fitter at the location said this exact same thing about the P790's. He even went so far as to say because of the distance inconsistencies and variances - they are UNPLAYABLE.



    Look, I don't understand all the folks coming in to defend these irons, as if its personal to them. If they work for you great, but most good players won't even consider irons like these with little to no distance control. Guess thats why NO pros are playing them from what I've seen.




    I found that many of these folks, that "defend" the 790 are real users, while many that worry about inconsistency are referrals!



    Also, these are near GI irons category. There are (in TaylorMade) 3-4 iron series (770, 750, 730) offered for better payers. So it is understandable that better players would prefer these other options, blades. I assume they would also complain about M3/M4 inconsistency
    Says the fella that "benched" his P790's back in March of this year (see sig block - WITB), so that he could play some real irons - Mizzy's. Good choice by the way, Mizzy's have great distance control you can count on.



    RodC (WITB):

    "Ping G400 Alta CB, R Shaft

    M2 3 Wood

    TM SLDR 4 Hybrid

    4-PW Mizuno MP-18SC - Steelfiber i95 (since Nov 17) - on the bag

    4-PW TM P-790 Modus 3 105 Stiff (since March 18) - on the bench

    Cleveland RX2 50/08

    Vokey SM6 raw 54 & 58/08"





    Yes exactly. The Mizuno are great consistency and the irons I love most. But that doesn’t mean the 790 are bad or unplayable. And I haven’t experienced the inconsistency mentioned, not that there isn’t but I’m sure it’s noticeable by very good players only that should use other irons than 790
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Alta CB, X Shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM SLDR 4 & 5 Hybrid
    5-PW Mizuno MP-18SC - Steelfiber i95 (since Nov 17) - on the bag
    5-PW TM P-790 Modus 3 105 Stiff (since March 18) - on the bench
    Cleveland RX2 50/08
    CBX 54º Wedge, CBX 58º Wedge.


    carbon-putters-revolver.png Carbon Ringo Putter
  • SnipermanSniperman  2022WRX Points: 125Members Posts: 2,022
    Joined:  #3349
    Almost two months playing these irons and have yet to notice any inconsistencies. As a matter of fact, I played back to back rounds at Eagle Glen last Friday and I remember playing the same irons on my approaches where I found the fairway. Most notably, when I was on #8 par 3, 164 yards, I hit the same iron first and second rounds and came up pin high both times. Maybe it's just that particular iron that is consistent in the set!



    The only reason I am going to return at my shop is so I can repurchase at the used price and earn some credit! LOL!!
    Posted:
    M2 Atmos Black

    M2 Speeder

    Ping G Tensei Blue

    p790 Modus 130

    O-Works Red 7s
    Z Star XV
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2703WRX Points: 601Members Posts: 2,703
    Joined:  #3350
    The worst part about placing an order.......waiting
    Posted:
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz  5706WRX Points: 235Members Posts: 5,706
    Joined:  #3351
    I think whoever said it earlier was spot on, these probably work really well for medium to high spin players but some low spin players may not get along as well. I’ve been testing since seeing a lot of them in bags at my state Am but as a low spin guy I see some inconsistencies in distance.
    Posted:
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • Gamble GambleGamble Gamble #TwistFaceExperience  3580WRX Points: 165ClubWRX Posts: 3,580
    Joined:  edited Aug 7, 2018 #3352
    SMUGamer wrote:

    cardia10 wrote:


    No luck on BST with mine either....to be such awesome irons, selling them for $500-600 below retail isn't doing much good. I hate dealing with eBay though!
    Yeah, this says it all - action speaks louder than words (or the proof in the puddin' as they say). If these irons were all some folks said they were, nobody would have to sell them (in mint condition) and lose around half their money. The market knows all and it appears the market has taken its position on these irons which is perfectly consistent with our position.




    You are making anecdotal comments without having the full data set. This iron had such high demand they were back ordered for months. It is likely that there may still be the same % of people that are reselling their P790s as compared to other irons but due to high initial sales number the current market may seem saturated with resellers.


    swizbeatz wrote:


    I think whoever said it earlier was spot on, these probably work really well for medium to high spin players but some low spin players may not get along as well. I've been testing since seeing a lot of them in bags at my state Am but as a low spin guy I see some inconsistencies in distance.




    I am typically a high spin player with irons and these fit me very well. I would love to see a comparison with multiple high-spin/low-spin test subjects regarding this.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • cardia10cardia10  2510WRX Points: 193Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #3353
    I am typically a high spin player with irons and these fit me very well. I would love to see a comparison with multiple high-spin/low-spin test subjects regarding this.

    SMUGamer wrote:

    cardia10 wrote:


    No luck on BST with mine either....to be such awesome irons, selling them for $500-600 below retail isn't doing much good. I hate dealing with eBay though!
    Yeah, this says it all - action speaks louder than words (or the proof in the puddin' as they say). If these irons were all some folks said they were, nobody would have to sell them (in mint condition) and lose around half their money. The market knows all and it appears the market has taken its position on these irons which is perfectly consistent with our position.




    You are making anecdotal comments without having the full data set. This iron had such high demand they were back ordered for months. It is likely that there may still be the same % of people that are reselling their P790s as compared to other irons but due to high initial sales number the current market may seem saturated with resellers.


    swizbeatz wrote:


    I think whoever said it earlier was spot on, these probably work really well for medium to high spin players but some low spin players may not get along as well. I've been testing since seeing a lot of them in bags at my state Am but as a low spin guy I see some inconsistencies in distance.




    I am typically a high spin player with irons and these fit me very well. I would love to see a comparison with multiple high-spin/low-spin test subjects regarding this.




    I will say that I am typically a low spin player so that could be some of my issues with them.



    I will say that I am more of a low spin player so that could be some of the issue for me I guess.
    Posted:
  • Axman55Axman55  355WRX Points: 61Members Posts: 355
    Joined:  #3354
    swizbeatz wrote:


    I think whoever said it earlier was spot on, these probably work really well for medium to high spin players but some low spin players may not get along as well. I’ve been testing since seeing a lot of them in bags at my state Am but as a low spin guy I see some inconsistencies in distance.


    It was me😃. Still love mine. Always been a high spin player and these seem to kill it.

    Just a comment:

    It’s insane how many trolls have invaded this thread. They weren’t for you, they didn’t work for you, we get it move along....

    I hit the AP2s and think they are absolute garbage, yet I don’t feel the urge to go into that thread and do 20 post saying the exact same thing. I am sorry that these golf clubs didn’t work for you and that fighting with random strangers on the internet about golf equipment brings you so much joy.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS4 8.5 Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.5
    Titleist TS3 13.5 Evenflow White t1100 75 6.5
    Titleist  TS3 Hybrid 20* Accra TZ6 85 M5
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW  TT AMT White Onyx 
    Vokey SM7 50F, 56S, 60L TT Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle  2418WRX Points: 249Members Posts: 2,418
    Joined:  #3355
    trolling and reporting an issue is whole different story.



    If I was a potential buyer, I'd appreciate the warnings.
    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2703WRX Points: 601Members Posts: 2,703
    Joined:  #3356
    Axman55 wrote:
    swizbeatz wrote:


    I think whoever said it earlier was spot on, these probably work really well for medium to high spin players but some low spin players may not get along as well. I’ve been testing since seeing a lot of them in bags at my state Am but as a low spin guy I see some inconsistencies in distance.


    It was me�. Still love mine. Always been a high spin player and these seem to kill it.

    Just a comment:

    It’s insane how many trolls have invaded this thread. They weren’t for you, they didn’t work for you, we get it move along....

    I hit the AP2s and think they are absolute garbage, yet I don’t feel the urge to go into that thread and do 20 post saying the exact same thing. I am sorry that these golf clubs didn’t work for you and that fighting with random strangers on the internet about golf equipment brings you so much joy.




    Someone started a thread wanting to know how they compared size wise. I had looked at both like the day before and said they were identical in length heel to toe with the P790 bing a little thicker on the topline. Some argued the P790 was massively larger. I went back and took pics and they still denied it. Crazy how some people get so stubborn on golf related things and ignore actual facts.
    Posted:
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer  583WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 583
    Joined:  edited Aug 7, 2018 #3357
    larciel wrote:


    trolling and reporting an issue is whole different story.



    If I was a potential buyer, I'd appreciate the warnings.
    Exactly, some here only want one side of the true story told - their side, of course. Many folks, very much appreciate the warnings and the fact that these irons have serious distance issues being brought to light so that others benefit. This is a more important topic than just ONE particular set of clubs because this has the new hollow technology on the line. Anyways, keep on posting ALL of your experiences and just ignore the true trolls.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle  2418WRX Points: 249Members Posts: 2,418
    Joined:  #3358
    BiggErn wrote:

    Axman55 wrote:
    swizbeatz wrote:


    I think whoever said it earlier was spot on, these probably work really well for medium to high spin players but some low spin players may not get along as well. I’ve been testing since seeing a lot of them in bags at my state Am but as a low spin guy I see some inconsistencies in distance.


    It was me�. Still love mine. Always been a high spin player and these seem to kill it.

    Just a comment:

    It’s insane how many trolls have invaded this thread. They weren’t for you, they didn’t work for you, we get it move along....

    I hit the AP2s and think they are absolute garbage, yet I don’t feel the urge to go into that thread and do 20 post saying the exact same thing. I am sorry that these golf clubs didn’t work for you and that fighting with random strangers on the internet about golf equipment brings you so much joy.




    Someone started a thread wanting to know how they compared size wise. I had looked at both like the day before and said they were identical in length heel to toe with the P790 bing a little thicker on the topline. Some argued the P790 was massively larger. I went back and took pics and they still denied it. Crazy how some people get so stubborn on golf related things and ignore actual facts.




    p790 is not massively larger, but it is considerably larger than ap2. I have both.
    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2703WRX Points: 601Members Posts: 2,703
    Joined:  #3359
    larciel wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

    Axman55 wrote:
    swizbeatz wrote:


    I think whoever said it earlier was spot on, these probably work really well for medium to high spin players but some low spin players may not get along as well. I’ve been testing since seeing a lot of them in bags at my state Am but as a low spin guy I see some inconsistencies in distance.


    It was me�. Still love mine. Always been a high spin player and these seem to kill it.

    Just a comment:

    It’s insane how many trolls have invaded this thread. They weren’t for you, they didn’t work for you, we get it move along....

    I hit the AP2s and think they are absolute garbage, yet I don’t feel the urge to go into that thread and do 20 post saying the exact same thing. I am sorry that these golf clubs didn’t work for you and that fighting with random strangers on the internet about golf equipment brings you so much joy.




    Someone started a thread wanting to know how they compared size wise. I had looked at both like the day before and said they were identical in length heel to toe with the P790 bing a little thicker on the topline. Some argued the P790 was massively larger. I went back and took pics and they still denied it. Crazy how some people get so stubborn on golf related things and ignore actual facts.




    p790 is not massively larger, but it is considerably larger than ap2. I have both.




    I’ll accept that. The exact measurement I’m talking of was blade length. They looked identical to me. I’ll take my calipers to the golf shop next time.
    Posted:
  • RodCRodC  360WRX Points: 34Members Posts: 360
    Joined:  #3360
    SMUGamer wrote:

    larciel wrote:


    trolling and reporting an issue is whole different story.



    If I was a potential buyer, I'd appreciate the warnings.
    Exactly, some here only want one side of the true story told - their side, of course. Many folks, very much appreciate the warnings and the fact that these irons have serious distance issues being brought to light so that others benefit. This is a more important topic than just ONE particular set of clubs because this has the new hollow technology on the line. Anyways, keep on posting ALL of your experiences and just ignore the true trolls.




    IIUC you haven't even played these clubs, and made comments like UNPLAYABLE clubs.

    To me that is not very helpful to others.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Alta CB, X Shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM SLDR 4 & 5 Hybrid
    5-PW Mizuno MP-18SC - Steelfiber i95 (since Nov 17) - on the bag
    5-PW TM P-790 Modus 3 105 Stiff (since March 18) - on the bench
    Cleveland RX2 50/08
    CBX 54º Wedge, CBX 58º Wedge.


    carbon-putters-revolver.png Carbon Ringo Putter
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bogey777bogey777  106WRX Points: 6Members Posts: 106
    Joined:  #3361
    Axman55 wrote:

    swizbeatz wrote:


    I think whoever said it earlier was spot on, these probably work really well for medium to high spin players but some low spin players may not get along as well. I've been testing since seeing a lot of them in bags at my state Am but as a low spin guy I see some inconsistencies in distance.


    It was me��. Still love mine. Always been a high spin player and these seem to kill it.

    Just a comment:

    It's insane how many trolls have invaded this thread. They weren't for you, they didn't work for you, we get it move along....

    I hit the AP2s and think they are absolute garbage, yet I don't feel the urge to go into that thread and do 20 post saying the exact same thing. I am sorry that these golf clubs didn't work for you and that fighting with random strangers on the internet about golf equipment brings you so much joy.
    Seriously if you have something positive or some knowledge useful in a thread by all means speak up if your here just to bash a product .....go in the BATHROOM
    Posted:
122

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.