Ping's new G410 LST driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

> @Deuce78 said:

> > @Barfolomew said:

> > Does the LST sit open when set to the large - ? Love a head that sits open.... my G30 LST does and thinking of upgrading from great grandpa

>

> Not sure how you missed the g400LST, but I am 1000% sure you should get a 400LST or 410 LST over the g30....

I prob will get the 410 LST to try as I find the flatter lie also very intriguing

Can't figure how to like my own posts

I made a shaft change from the ping tour 65 to the tensei ck Orange. My first round with the ping tour i struggled to get the elevation needed to maximize distance and spin seemed like it was too low as the ball seemed to fall out of the air.

Fast forward to the shaft change to the tensei. Ball flight is up and spin seems to be right where it needs to be.

For reference my LST is the 9* head, standard shaft position, weight in the draw position. My SS is usually 95-100 and typical carry is 240ish.

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

> @Barfolomew said:

> > @Deuce78 said:

> > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > Does the LST sit open when set to the large - ? Love a head that sits open.... my G30 LST does and thinking of upgrading from great grandpa

> >

> > Not sure how you missed the g400LST, but I am 1000% sure you should get a 400LST or 410 LST over the g30....

>

> I prob will get the 410 LST to try as I find the flatter lie also very intriguing

It looks very nice in the flat setting

• Like 1

Does anyone have any numbers or feedback on the stock shaft options in x-stiff? I normally throw in something aftermarket but I’ve always heard the tour 65 is a darn good shaft. Also have the 85 evenflow black in my LST fairway and I like it a lot, so that might be a decent option as well.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

Had mine a couple weeks now and I gotta say it is the best driver I’ve ever gamed. My last gamer ping driver was the i20. I bought a g30 and DESPISED it and never went back to ping until this year, although I did like the 400 series. I have my 9* paired with EF black 65 in 6.5 flex with standard setting and it does not hook. If I really get it turning I can play a big draw but I’ve seriously yet to hook it. I’ve also picked up 15 yards on my f8+ with elf blue 65 6.5, which I loved. The 410 lst is also more forgiving so far. Just a phenomenal pairing for me.

Gamer/Backup
Driver: PING G410 LST 9 w/ EF Black 6.5; Cobra LTD PRO w/ Speeder 661 iv and Cobra F8+ with Evenflow Blue 65 6.5
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5 Speeder 757 stiff; 
5wd: Cobra F6 Baffler set at 17.5; Titleist 915 2H
3H- Titleist 915 2H dialed up in loft to 19; Ping G with Evenflow Blue 85 6.0
4 iron: G400 Crossover; G400 green dot CFS stiff, It's stamped 5 iron but power spec at 22* I use it as 4 iron; N/A
5-PW: Ping i15 green dot AWT stiff; PXG 0211 w/ Elevate Tour VSS Pro stiff
52/12 F: Vokey sm8 2 up; 52/12 F Vokey SM7
58/12 d: Vokey sm8 2 up; 58/12 d Vokey sm7 
Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum; Ping Anser Milled 5; Nike Method Matter B2-05
Ball: Wilson FG Tour

> @pollock21 said:

> Does anyone have any numbers or feedback on the stock shaft options in x-stiff? I normally throw in something aftermarket but I’ve always heard the tour 65 is a darn good shaft. Also have the 85 evenflow black in my LST fairway and I like it a lot, so that might be a decent option as well.

I have experience on the Tensei Orange, Evenflow Black and the Tour 65X in my G410 Plus head.

The Tour 65X is the best out of these for me, it's the stiffest one also. I hit the best damn cut that I have ever hit, longest driver also that I have ever had. The Tensei I had minor issues finding consistent good strikes off the middle and Evenflow Black likes to hook on me if I toe it. The tour shaft is nice because I can really feel where the head is going right before impact and If I toe it it usually goes straight just looses some distance. I changed the weight in my head from 14gr to 10gr = 197gr, helps me turn it over. I keep the weight in the neutral position as it gives me the best distance.

Out of these the Tour 65X is also the lowest flight, I hit up on it and this shaft just likes to keep it low. I tried to go down to 8° and 7,5° with the Evenflow but I loose too much forgiveness, so I like to game the head @ 9°.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

Welp. Might ( still have to see how she holds under the gun ) have found my fit with the g410 LST. I’ve tested several lofts on and off vs my m6 KK combo and just wasn’t impressed. And today I got ahold of a digitally lofted 11.2 head that sits slightly open and had neutral hotmelt. And an early V2 tensei pro Orange 70TX and woof! It’s long and dead straight. For whatever reason I picked up clubhead speed too. I’m “ getting through “ the ball much easier. Odd how that happens. But I described the 410 hybrid the same way. It swings itself. Maiden voyage on course Thursday morning. So we shall see.

Probably hit 50 plus balls outside today. Real balls on my range. I reached a tree line that I can’t with the m6 99% of strikes. And I’m hitting balls half way up the 50 ft trees. The lack of side movement is the real shocker. Just comes out dead at the target.

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Welp. Might ( still have to see how she holds under the gun ) have found my fit with the g410 LST. I’ve tested several lofts on and off vs my m6 KK combo and just wasn’t impressed. And today I got ahold of a digitally lofted 11.2 head that sits slightly open and had neutral hotmelt. And an early V2 tensei pro Orange 70TX and woof! It’s long and dead straight. For whatever reason I picked up clubhead speed too. I’m “ getting through “ the ball much easier. Odd how that happens. But I described the 410 hybrid the same way. It swings itself. Maiden voyage on course Thursday morning. So we shall see.

>

> Probably hit 50 plus balls outside today. Real balls on my range. I reached a tree line that I can’t with the m6 99% of strikes. And I’m hitting balls half way up the 50 ft trees. The lack of side movement is the real shocker. Just comes out dead at the target.

Odds are that the counterbalance of the shaft is adding speed. The v2 is more counterbalanced than the v3 I have. Possibly a lighter swing weight too. Nice find!

> @youngunz5840 said:

> Just heard back from Ping that my driver wont be shipped out until mid August. Good thing that I got a demo club to play until it gets in. It really is too bad that there is a late season release and then a back order on heads.

I was able to pick one up yesterday at my local Roger Dunn, I never planned to play any of their shaft offerings so I didn’t care which shaft was in it. They are out there, just not everywhere it seems..

> @Breezy-3- said:

> Question for those that played the played the prior model (I play the 8.5*), which setting are you playing the new model on? I love the ability to make it flat and shift the weight to the toe to create a fade bias, but I’m not sure about the loft setting. I would appreciate your insights..

I never played the G400, but did use the previous two versions of the LST, and I always played those in the lowest loft setting, with the 410 LST, I started in the -1.5 setting, but found that had a tendency to turn over (I usually play a slight fade). After some experimenting, I found that the -1 Flat setting seems to be the right one for me. The half degree of loft makes no discernible difference (maybe makes it a touch easier to hit it high when I want to, but that’s probably mental), but the flat setting makes it easier to hit the fade I like to see. Overall, it’s usually a very straight ball flight, unless I do something stupid.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Just put the LST in play this month. I had a OP 70 gram that was in my G400 and have had good success, but just put my White Pro 70 in play last week and saw the best results for me. It has the same carry numbers, but with a little less spin the roll out is better. I know it’s summer, but for an old guy I’ve got the young bucks asks for strokes. Lol.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

This head hits some crazy long balls. 340 for me at times in dry conditions ... and I am a 109 mph guy max

Still trying to dial in the right shaft and weights combo. Fitter had some lighter weights come in and I may try the old heel and toe trick ....

I also asked Ping to exchange my head for one with more loft if they could. It looks shut and lower than 10.5 to me. My 400LST is far better looking at address

I have a tour 65s (no tip I'd let go)

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @youngunz5840 said:

> Just heard back from Ping that my driver wont be shipped out until mid August. Good thing that I got a demo club to play until it gets in. It really is too bad that there is a late season release and then a back order on heads.

This is why I picked up the 410+. After hitting most of the fairways and only one bad shot, I’m not sure I even want the LST. Still getting out there over 300 and some much longer. The misses spun up a bit but stayed in the right side of the fairway (just have to accept that). No giant hooks (the normal issue that I have). Most were a nice, high draw. May try the LST later, but the 410+ thus far has been fantastic.

Ping G30 9* Tour 80X
Ping G Stretch Tour 80X
Ping i500 3 DG 120 X100
Ping i210 4-U DG 120 X100
Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS DG S400
Glide 2.0 Stealth 58* ES DG S400
Ping Anser TR 1966 / Odyssey White Hot #2

I love my 410 LST. However, for me the pxg 0811x gen2 may be longer, it clearly was on the range. Now on-course validation is needed. I dont know if I can give up the LST though, it's been great on course for the most part but I still am not getting any real kind of roll out. Most shots are very close to my pitch mark in the fairway. My arccos smart distance is 280 yards. My longer drives are 320. On the range, The pxg looks like it has a much shallower landing angle and will run as well, which would be great for me. Playing both at roughly 7 degrees loft...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

On course with my 410 LST combo this morning. It Checks out. It’s a real 10-15 longer than the m6 combo and straighter. Instant confidence. And I can turn it left. That’s a huge huge plus for me. Some holes you just need to move it left. I play a fade. But I like options.

Before somebody says “ that’s impossible “. Nope. Not with a high spin guy like me. This combo is about the sweet spot for me. Around 2400 rpm average. M6 was 2600 on a perfect strike. Averaging around 2850-2800. Crazy what a little less spin will do for carry and roll.

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

FYI, I wanted an LST but had already used pro shop credit to grab a 9* Plus this spring. I demoed the LST and did like it but its definitely more fade biased than the Plus. I liked the Plus driver but always felt it just spun up too much on my misses. I called Ping and talked to them about this and wanting an LST. The CSR told me to work with my pro to send the head back and they would "fix it" for me. They used an 8 gram weight and put 8 grams geelu in the front heel. I got it back this week and I cannot believe the change. It launches significantly lower to my eye and there is less spin for sure. I need to get on a monitor to verify but be aware if you have a Plus, this is an option. The sound is fantastic too. The CSR said they can't get it all the way to the LST but they can get it very close. He said this is what they were doing to many of the pros heads before they launched the LST and there are quite a few that have stuck with this type combo instead of moving to the LST. Of course, you are giving up a touch of forgiveness and some of the adjustability.

> @"Tyler K" said:

> > @youngunz5840 said:

> > Just heard back from Ping that my driver wont be shipped out until mid August. Good thing that I got a demo club to play until it gets in. It really is too bad that there is a late season release and then a back order on heads.

>

>

> This is why I picked up the 410+. After hitting most of the fairways and only one bad shot, I’m not sure I even want the LST. Still getting out there over 300 and some much longer. The misses spun up a bit but stayed in the right side of the fairway (just have to accept that). No giant hooks (the normal issue that I have). Most were a nice, high draw. May try the LST later, but the 410+ thus far has been fantastic.

• Like 2

So ping website says head-weight is 208, but mine is weighing 206 with a 13g movable weight. The spec sheet said was d4, so I'm assuming the 13g weight is to keep it swinging d4 with shaft playing at 45.5... I want to trim to 44.5, how would that effect swing weight? What weights should I add (animal style) to keep swinging d4?

> @milesnotsmiles said:

> So ping website says head-weight is 208, but mine is weighing 206 with a 13g movable weight. The spec sheet said was d4, so I'm assuming the 13g weight is to keep it swinging d4 with shaft playing at 45.5... I want to trim to 44.5, how would that effect swing weight? What weights should I add (animal style) to keep swinging d4?

Taking an inch off will reduce swingweight by about 6 points, and 2g of head weight = 1 SW point, so you’d need 12 grams to bring the SW back where it was

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

> @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > @milesnotsmiles said:

> > So ping website says head-weight is 208, but mine is weighing 206 with a 13g movable weight. The spec sheet said was d4, so I'm assuming the 13g weight is to keep it swinging d4 with shaft playing at 45.5... I want to trim to 44.5, how would that effect swing weight? What weights should I add (animal style) to keep swinging d4?

> Taking an inch off will reduce swingweight by about 6 points, and 2g of head weight = 1 SW point, so you’d need 12 grams to bring the SW back where it was

>

>

Great, thanks for you the info!

Filthy. This thing is stinking filthy. We got 3 inches of rain last night , puddles still on course and I beat several personal long drivers this morning. All carry. One so far that it got me behind a tree on the side of the fairway that I thought was unreachable. Ping quietly has produced the lowest spin head on the market.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @milesnotsmiles said:

> > @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > > @milesnotsmiles said:

> > > So ping website says head-weight is 208, but mine is weighing 206 with a 13g movable weight. The spec sheet said was d4, so I'm assuming the 13g weight is to keep it swinging d4 with shaft playing at 45.5... I want to trim to 44.5, how would that effect swing weight? What weights should I add (animal style) to keep swinging d4?

> > Taking an inch off will reduce swingweight by about 6 points, and 2g of head weight = 1 SW point, so you’d need 12 grams to bring the SW back where it was

> >

> >

> Great, thanks for you the info!

It might not be spot on. Depending on what shaft you are playing. If it’s a stock Ping offering chances are it’s counterbalanced. You’ll be removing an inch off the heaviest part of the shaft, which might make it play less counterbalanced which should increase swingweight some, so it might not take so much.

> @pollock21 said:

> > @milesnotsmiles said:

> > > @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > > > @milesnotsmiles said:

> > > > So ping website says head-weight is 208, but mine is weighing 206 with a 13g movable weight. The spec sheet said was d4, so I'm assuming the 13g weight is to keep it swinging d4 with shaft playing at 45.5... I want to trim to 44.5, how would that effect swing weight? What weights should I add (animal style) to keep swinging d4?

> > > Taking an inch off will reduce swingweight by about 6 points, and 2g of head weight = 1 SW point, so you’d need 12 grams to bring the SW back where it was

> > >

> > >

> > Great, thanks for you the info!

>

> It might not be spot on. Depending on what shaft you are playing. If it’s a stock Ping offering chances are it’s counterbalanced. You’ll be removing an inch off the heaviest part of the shaft, which might make it play less counterbalanced which should increase swingweight some, so it might not take so much.

Ahhhh, yea that makes sense, I didn't think of that. Wanting to cut down a ventus, so yea it's counterbalanced. Where would I get information, I'm looking through the fujikara website but can't find any trimming instructions on there. I'm guessing thats where I would find more information, but haven't been able to find anything.

> @milesnotsmiles said:

> > @pollock21 said:

> > > > @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > > > > @milesnotsmiles said:

> > > > > So ping website says head-weight is 208, but mine is weighing 206 with a 13g movable weight. The spec sheet said was d4, so I'm assuming the 13g weight is to keep it swinging d4 with shaft playing at 45.5... I want to trim to 44.5, how would that effect swing weight? What weights should I add (animal style) to keep swinging d4?

> > > > Taking an inch off will reduce swingweight by about 6 points, and 2g of head weight = 1 SW point, so you’d need 12 grams to bring the SW back where it was

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Great, thanks for you the info!

> >

> > It might not be spot on. Depending on what shaft you are playing. If it’s a stock Ping offering chances are it’s counterbalanced. You’ll be removing an inch off the heaviest part of the shaft, which might make it play less counterbalanced which should increase swingweight some, so it might not take so much.

>

> Ahhhh, yea that makes sense, I didn't think of that. Wanting to cut down a ventus, so yea it's counterbalanced. Where would I get information, I'm looking through the fujikara website but can't find any trimming instructions on there. I'm guessing thats where I would find more information, but haven't been able to find anything.

Start with a 1/2” tip. Then butt trim to whatever length you want to play it at. If you can’t decide then leave it a bit longer then experiment by choking down.

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @milesnotsmiles said:

> > @pollock21 said:

> > > > @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > > > > @milesnotsmiles said:

> > > > > So ping website says head-weight is 208, but mine is weighing 206 with a 13g movable weight. The spec sheet said was d4, so I'm assuming the 13g weight is to keep it swinging d4 with shaft playing at 45.5... I want to trim to 44.5, how would that effect swing weight? What weights should I add (animal style) to keep swinging d4?

> > > > Taking an inch off will reduce swingweight by about 6 points, and 2g of head weight = 1 SW point, so you’d need 12 grams to bring the SW back where it was

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Great, thanks for you the info!

> >

> > It might not be spot on. Depending on what shaft you are playing. If it’s a stock Ping offering chances are it’s counterbalanced. You’ll be removing an inch off the heaviest part of the shaft, which might make it play less counterbalanced which should increase swingweight some, so it might not take so much.

>

> Ahhhh, yea that makes sense, I didn't think of that. Wanting to cut down a ventus, so yea it's counterbalanced. Where would I get information, I'm looking through the fujikara website but can't find any trimming instructions on there. I'm guessing thats where I would find more information, but haven't been able to find anything.

Your best bet would be to post up this specific question over in the club making forum. Lot of knowledge over there that should be able to help. The problem with counterbalance shafts is they’re not all the same, some are more than others. So there’s no real rule of thumb.

The best way to go would be to just butt trim to length, then throw it on a sw scale and then it’s easy. However, some of the guys over there might know more about the Ventus and really be able to get you close if you don’t have access to a SW scale.