Ping's new G410 LST driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

I can honestly say that my driving has improved with the G410LST over the G400LST. I use the tour shaft in regular flex, and have it set neutral and at 8 deg. I am 61 years old. My best drive with the G400LST during the year I gamed it, was a 260 yard shot. Two weeks ago I hit one 273 yards. My overall driving distance has improved, my drives are straighter and much more consistent. In my opinion, the sound and feel is better as well. I know there are many that say the upgrade was just a "small" improvement, but for me, it was much more than that. Very happy indeed!

> @drvrwdge said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > “ not designed for that “. Lol

> >

> > they aren’t designed for hotmelt either. Or they are and it’s the Same exact idea. Moving weight around. Not a design element thing. It’s a personal preference thing. I did it initially to add head weight for feel. But found that splitting them with more favoring heel made my fade fool proof. As in no left at all. That’s an advantage that’s perfectly legal. “ design” has nothing to do with it.

>

> Im not arguing it may work for you but when the word comes directly from the man who engineered it I tend to take a little stock in it. I'd also argue they are designed for hotmelt since most drivers now have ports built in for injecting. Plus tour pro's are suing hotmelt and I was curious if any were doing the dual weights. The obvious answer is no.

I’m just saying that adding hotmelt and adding an extra weight on is the same thing. Usually melt isn’t added that far back and sure it changes sound. But both are changing the original design somewhat. And i agree that it likely wasn’t part of the original design. But I’ll add as a designer of things myself , most engineers don’t like when people add things to their design. Whether it’s good or bad. It’s just human nature.

As for design it’s just taking weight and moving it rearward away for the face. Which is part of their design. It’s just technically not condoned because it isn’t part of the production idea. Think of it as lead tape , with a screw. Nobody thinks that part of the design either. But loads of good players tune with it.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I hit a 338 yard blast on Wed on our eighteenth, longest on that hole all year

Last night I tweaked her a lot over a 2hr range session, lightened the swing-weight. My LST is 46.25" long fwiw

3.5g weight back centre and 4 grams of Lead tape way WAY out on toe

Down to d7 ... was E3. ... can swing it faster

The 410 is longer than the 400 for sure on centre strikes but as I've said before I prefer the feel and shape of the 400

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I am on the look out for an 410 LST head only at 9* but they certainly seem to very few for sale.

How easy is it to get the same reduced spin by adding hotmelt to a Plus head?

Patience is thinning after a bad driving day the last two rounds with my M3.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

> @scott_Donald said:

> I am on the look out for an 410 LST head only at 9* but they certainly seem to very few for sale.

>

> How easy is it to get the same reduced spin by adding hotmelt to a Plus head?

>

> Patience is thinning after a bad driving day the last two rounds with my M3.

Keep looking....one will appear eventually! I went with the Plus and regretted it (head is noticeably bigger and feels different)

Loving my 410 LST. I'm definitely getting a little more scoot on the ground than my GMax with same shaft (Tour AD IZ 6x). Seems clear it's due to lower spin, but carry distance is not suffering and I've noticed no decrease in forgiveness.

Earlier this week I fired my low round of the season, 67. Index has been hovering between zero and 1 over the past 3 or 4 revisions.

• Like 1

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

If I was to order a new 410 LST, what shaft should I get? I want to straight swap it with my Tensei Orange Pro 70 TX straight away when the head arrives.

Current spec - M3 head weight is 204.5g, playing 45 inches at swing weight of D4.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @scott_Donald said:

> If I was to order a new 410 LST, what shaft should I get? I want to straight swap it with my Tensei Orange Pro 70 TX straight away when the head arrives.

> Current spec - M3 head weight is 204.5g, playing 45 inches at swing weight of D4.

Lst should come in At that weight stock. I would get the tour shaft. It is very under rated

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @Kale_m said:

> > @scott_Donald said:

> > If I was to order a new 410 LST, what shaft should I get? I want to straight swap it with my Tensei Orange Pro 70 TX straight away when the head arrives.

> > Current spec - M3 head weight is 204.5g, playing 45 inches at swing weight of D4.

>

> Lst should come in At that weight stock. I would get the tour shaft. It is very under rated

without the adapter?

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @scott_Donald said:

> > @Kale_m said:

> > > @scott_Donald said:

> > > If I was to order a new 410 LST, what shaft should I get? I want to straight swap it with my Tensei Orange Pro 70 TX straight away when the head arrives.

> > > Current spec - M3 head weight is 204.5g, playing 45 inches at swing weight of D4.

> >

> > Lst should come in At that weight stock. I would get the tour shaft. It is very under rated

>

> without the adapter?

My plus with no adapter is 202g

The lst is 2G heavier at 204 with no adapter

Adapter weighs 4g

Tri-hot double wide 

> @bamagolf said:

> > @Want2GetGood said:

> > Anyone with G400 LST experience prepared to go on record and tell me why I need to replace it with this model?

> >

> Yes, I need this info as well.

Changed the adapter and dropped my DF into the G410 lst and haven’t looked back.

I’ve gone through 7, yes 7 g400 lst heads. The countless newer cally, Tm, titleist etc... but kept going back to the g400.

Now with the g410 lst, not only is it long, it’s just simply more forgiving. My misses are less punishing and overall the flight just tends to be straighter. The shape is a bit more rounded and less toe pointy

Head is 204g (12g weight) without adapter. Originally got it with the stock orange.

Haven’t moved or changed anything on the head when dropping in my ole DF that I used the g400 forever.

Everybody relax, I’m here

> @desaille said:

> > @bamagolf said:

> > > @Want2GetGood said:

> > > Anyone with G400 LST experience prepared to go on record and tell me why I need to replace it with this model?

> > >

> > Yes, I need this info as well.

>

> Changed the adapter and dropped my DF into the G410 lst and haven’t looked back.

>

> I’ve gone through 7, yes 7 g400 lst heads. The countless newer cally, Tm, titleist etc... but kept going back to the g400.

>

> Now with the g410 lst, not only is it long, it’s just simply more forgiving. My misses are less punishing and overall the flight just tends to be straighter. The shape is a bit more rounded and less toe pointy

>

> Head is 204g (12g weight) without adapter. Originally got it with the stock orange.

> Haven’t moved or changed anything on the head when dropping in my ole DF that I used the g400 forever.

the swing weight must be heavy then with the DF and that head weight.

I really just want a straight driver now and this is why I am probably ordering one to replace my M3 tomorrow first thing.

I was going to try and order a head at 205g to get it to swing weight to D4 with my Pro Orange at 45 inches.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @Kale_m said:

> My plus with no adapter is 202g

>

> The lst is 2G heavier at 204 with no adapter

>

> Adapter weighs 4g

>

thank you, I am going to ask if I can get one at 205g and see what they say.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

Spent some time with both a 410LST and an M5 putting them up against my F9 and I was very very impressed with the Ping

I didn’t like the 410 Plus (Evenflow Black) that I bought and already sold it.....but the 410 LST with the Tour 65 shaft was worlds apart....I felt like I had control over the head again, the feel was phenomenal and it out performed both the F9 and M5 (Ball Speed was up 2mph, carry up 6yds and total distance was up 8 yards) .....granted these were range balls but I tried all 3 clubs on the same monitor and in the same conditions so the results are easy to compare!

My only sticking point is what spec head to get.....nowhere over here has a 9’ demo head so I was hitting a 10.5 turned down to 9 (Big -) but I’m concerned I can’t go down even more if I needed to....I’m tempted to go 9’ as I assume it should perform the same as the 10.5 turned down??

> @desaille said:

> Order a digital loft one through discount dans.

> Tell them the spec you need, Ping will spec it for ya

I am in Scotland till end of September so can't order from there.

Will try get m normal place here for online stuff to spec the head.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @nickosbad said:

> Spent some time with both a 410LST and an M5 putting them up against my F9 and I was very very impressed with the Ping

>

> I didn’t like the 410 Plus (Evenflow Black) that I bought and already sold it.....but the 410 LST with the Tour 65 shaft was worlds apart....I felt like I had control over the head again, the feel was phenomenal and it out performed both the F9 and M5 (Ball Speed was up 2mph, carry up 6yds and total distance was up 8 yards) .....granted these were range balls but I tried all 3 clubs on the same monitor and in the same conditions so the results are easy to compare!

>

> My only sticking point is what spec head to get.....nowhere over here has a 9’ demo head so I was hitting a 10.5 turned down to 9 (Big -) but I’m concerned I can’t go down even more if I needed to....I’m tempted to go 9’ as I assume it should perform the same as the 10.5 turned down??

Keep in mind that the more you lower the loft the more open the face angle becomes.

Tri-hot double wide 

> @scott_Donald said:

> > @desaille said:

> > Order a digital loft one through discount dans.

> > Tell them the spec you need, Ping will spec it for ya

>

> I am in Scotland till end of September so can't order from there.

>

> Will try get m normal place here for online stuff to spec the head.

Try and find one with the orange shaft since that shaft is counterbalanced. The head will be heavier.

You can always get the weights too

Everybody relax, I’m here

Anyone tried the G410 plus or LST head with the Ventus shafts yet? Seems like it's trending very hard on tour atm, so would love to test it but it's a premium price shaft so would love some feedback.

I have been gaming the Tour 65X in my G410 plus 9° @ 9° but got some issues keeping the ball low into headwind, have been gaming it at 9° with the neutral 14gr (@D3) weight and that allows me to game a high fade. But into wind, have had bad results. Tried to dial it down to 8° but I lose too much spin with that loft and the ball just drops from the sky. Tried swapping the 14gr back weight into the heel for draw bias but then I battle a 2 way miss and also lose a lot of forgiveness. Tried to swap the weight into a 10gr back weight that way I lose some launch and hit it a bit straighter but lose distance and feel. Decided to to give a Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 70gr a try if that can keep the ball lower then the Tour 65X, we will see..

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

After reading some of the comments from people who were using multiple weights in their LST heads, I bought a 4g weight to put in the toe. I've been seeing a slight tendency for the ball to go left on me with the LST (likely a swing issue, as I've been hitting more draws with my irons than in recent memory). I have the weight in the neutral position, so I figured adding a little weight in the toe would tune that a bit, and reduce the chance of it going left. I had a chance to hit about 8 balls on the range before a round yesterday, and I didn't really like the way it felt (small sample size, no final judgement), so I took the toe weight out before starting the round. Well, I had one of my best driving days this year. I missed 2 of 10 fairways, and was pounding it. No idea if the few swings with the toe weight had anything to do with it, but I thought it was interesting.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

> @BCULAW said:

> Out of curiosity, will any of the stock shafts in the LST play slightly softer than the Ping Tour? I have the Tour 65 in my 400 LST. It is awesome, but u night like to try something just slightly more user friendly. Should I just go with the Alta, or are any of the other shafts a viable, softer option?

I would take a look at the Tensei Orange

> @Hedgehog said:

> Anyone tried the G410 plus or LST head with the Ventus shafts yet? Seems like it's trending very hard on tour atm, so would love to test it but it's a premium price shaft so would love some feedback.

>

> I have been gaming the Tour 65X in my G410 plus 9° @ 9° but got some issues keeping the ball low into headwind, have been gaming it at 9° with the neutral 14gr (@D3) weight and that allows me to game a high fade. But into wind, have had bad results. Tried to dial it down to 8° but I lose too much spin with that loft and the ball just drops from the sky. Tried swapping the 14gr back weight into the heel for draw bias but then I battle a 2 way miss and also lose a lot of forgiveness. Tried to swap the weight into a 10gr back weight that way I lose some launch and hit it a bit straighter but lose distance and feel. Decided to to give a Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 70gr a try if that can keep the ball lower then the Tour 65X, we will see..

Yes I have a LST with ventus 6x, moving away from the ventus into something a bit more low spin

For those of you who had the g400lst and have moved to the g410lst and have monitor numbers-did you see any increase in ball speed? And for the those without numbers any increase in on course distance?

I play the g400lst now and hit an epic flash subzero and it average 4-5 more mph of ball speed and I’m curious if the new ping can keep up

> @milesnotsmiles said:

> > @Hedgehog said:

> > Anyone tried the G410 plus or LST head with the Ventus shafts yet? Seems like it's trending very hard on tour atm, so would love to test it but it's a premium price shaft so would love some feedback.

> >

> > I have been gaming the Tour 65X in my G410 plus 9° @ 9° but got some issues keeping the ball low into headwind, have been gaming it at 9° with the neutral 14gr (@D3) weight and that allows me to game a high fade. But into wind, have had bad results. Tried to dial it down to 8° but I lose too much spin with that loft and the ball just drops from the sky. Tried swapping the 14gr back weight into the heel for draw bias but then I battle a 2 way miss and also lose a lot of forgiveness. Tried to swap the weight into a 10gr back weight that way I lose some launch and hit it a bit straighter but lose distance and feel. Decided to to give a Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 70gr a try if that can keep the ball lower then the Tour 65X, we will see..

>

> Yes I have a LST with ventus 6x, moving away from the ventus into something a bit more low spin

I have been looking for something with a little more spin but would still like to keep it low, difficult to find that combination.. Is the Ventus black supposed to be a tad lower in spin?

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

> @Unteachable said:

> For those of you who had the g400lst and have moved to the g410lst and have monitor numbers-did you see any increase in ball speed? And for the those without numbers any increase in on course distance?

> I play the g400lst now and hit an epic flash subzero and it average 4-5 more mph of ball speed and I’m curious if the new ping can keep up

Before the G410 LST, I was playing the EF SZ, and the numbers on the monitor were great, but on course results were terrible. I stuck with it for close to 20 rounds thinking it would come around, since I'd been using the Epic SZ previously and did well with it, but the problem was that while I could get great ball speed/spin numbers, and hit some really long drives when I hit it on the button, that head really punished my misses, and I hit a lot of foul balls with it. I switched to the G410 LST based on prior experience with Ping, and I've gotten the forgiveness I was looking for. While the EF SZ may be a little longer on my best swings, I'm finding the G410 LST keeps up with it pretty well, and it's much more forgiving. I was playing a course that I play all the time earlier this week, and on two different holes that round, I was in spots that were farther than I ever remember being on those holes, and not because of any extreme wind or firmness. If your main concern is maximum distance, you probably won't do better than the EF SZ, but my experience was that I'm much better on the golf course with the G410 LST. I never hit the G400 LST, so I can't compare those.

A few key stat differences before and after I switched to the LST: Score average: 81.2 v. 74.4, GIR - 9.5 v. 12.1 (some of that is improved iron play, but a lot of it is not taking penalty strokes or punching out after tee shots). Penalty strokes: 1.5 v. 0.6 (both before and after, most of my penalty shots come from tee shots). Fairways hit: 46% v. 56%.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

> @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > @Unteachable said:

> > For those of you who had the g400lst and have moved to the g410lst and have monitor numbers-did you see any increase in ball speed? And for the those without numbers any increase in on course distance?

> > I play the g400lst now and hit an epic flash subzero and it average 4-5 more mph of ball speed and I’m curious if the new ping can keep up

>

> Before the G410 LST, I was playing the EF SZ, and the numbers on the monitor were great, but on course results were terrible. I stuck with it for close to 20 rounds thinking it would come around, since I'd been using the Epic SZ previously and did well with it, but the problem was that while I could get great ball speed/spin numbers, and hit some really long drives when I hit it on the button, that head really punished my misses, and I hit a lot of foul balls with it. I switched to the G410 LST based on prior experience with Ping, and I've gotten the forgiveness I was looking for. While the EF SZ may be a little longer on my best swings, I'm finding the G410 LST keeps up with it pretty well, and it's much more forgiving. I was playing a course that I play all the time earlier this week, and on two different holes that round, I was in spots that were farther than I ever remember being on those holes, and not because of any extreme wind or firmness. If your main concern is maximum distance, you probably won't do better than the EF SZ, but my experience was that I'm much better on the golf course with the G410 LST. I never hit the G400 LST, so I can't compare those.

> A few key stat differences before and after I switched to the LST: Score average: 81.2 v. 74.4, GIR - 9.5 v. 12.1 (some of that is improved iron play, but a lot of it is not taking penalty strokes or punching out after tee shots). Penalty strokes: 1.5 v. 0.6 (both before and after, most of my penalty shots come from tee shots). Fairways hit: 46% v. 56%.

I have had a near identical experience with my 410 LST v. the EF SZ. I refer to my 410 as my "fairway finder". Shot my best score recently - not because of some "epic" drives that I have gotten from my EFSZ, but really some good-to-great drives that were right down the middle. I really tried to make my EFSZ work, but - if it was off, it was off the reservation for me.