No new acquistions...?

I've got a black Miller the same size as Richard's new Belding with the Desert Inn logo.

my bro in law lives at Summerlin. I could leave that one out there with a set of sticks just for the memories when we go out together.

sadly - no way to try the idea I described.

that DI course was fun to play and you could walk right to their pool after.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

I've got a black Miller the same size as Richard's new Belding with the Desert Inn logo.

my bro in law lives at Summerlin. I could leave that one out there with a set of sticks just for the memories when we go out together.

how much reckon I could get for that bag ?

how much reckon I could get for that bag ?

vintage guys like us go for that stuff. not sure about the younger crowd. shipping on those rascals is a killer.

I find Millers for five or ten dollars at the thrifts. the Belding Bushwhacker series too.

right now there are seven Millers and four Beldings in the area I call heaven. bet I'm up to twenty bags now.

sad thing is , they're all stuffed. I may need room in your storage area soon Richard. She who must be obeyed is gonna kill me soon.

she did OK that Ram driver - based on price alone.

I've got a neat Belding travel bag made of that heavy woven ballistic stuff, zips up slim and opens up like a clamshell to use on a cart.

great for car trips. gotta get some pics of that one uploaded for you.

I remember having a TA staff, bag in pacific blue though I don't recall who made it. gave it away about ten years ago. sorry I did.

still have the heavy full cover for it here. that weighs about ten pounds. LOL.

I could probably make it to your place in about three and a half hours on a good day. do you want to sell that thing?

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

Here's that Belding travel bag.

I'd not seen one like this before.

That's a really interesting design. With all the pockets, I take it it is not just for travelling with your clubs, but that you can also use it on the course?

yessir.

the top flaps open up to hold shoes, towels, extra shirts and such while traveling.

plus any extra padding in there protects the long clubs.

pull that stuff out and drop them down for play.

the upper inside pockets are good for balls and accessories

I've got another in brown that's holding my VIP's and MacGregor woods.

quite a design.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

Couple days ago, I was surfing ebay for "Golden Ram" or "Ram Tour Grind" as a way to entertain myself. And I happened across something very interesting.... a Golden Ram TW282 1 iron. Oh my!

Seeing how I broke down and acquired a set of TW282 last year, 2-PW, it seemed like a match made in golf nerd heaven.

Let that thought percolate in the back of my brain for a couple days and last night, pulled the trigger. Should be arriving next week. Now I can play a full set of 1-SW TW282 sticks. Woo!

A couple pics from the auction:

Ram%20TW282%20back_zps9p3p0dru.jpg

Ram%20TW282%20face_zpsdf6mfrit.jpg

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Couple days ago, I was surfing ebay for "Golden Ram" or "Ram Tour Grind" as a way to entertain myself. And I happened across something very interesting.... a Golden Ram TW282 1 iron. Oh my!

Seeing how I broke down and acquired a set of TW282 last year, 2-PW, it seemed like a match made in golf nerd heaven.

Let that thought percolate in the back of my brain for a couple days and last night, pulled the trigger. Should be arriving next week. Now I can play a full set of 1-SW TW282 sticks. Woo!

Hey-ho!

Now that's a good find indeed.

That square toe can be disconcerting the first time you see it at address. LOL

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

That square toe can be disconcerting the first time you see it at address. LOL

Oh, I bet. But I bet the topline is even more disconcerting :shok:

Been used to that, been playing Golden Rams for 18 years. LOL

The hard part for me was going to something like a Muirfield, thicker topline than the Rams. That took some adjustment.

Ram%20TW282%20back_zps9p3p0dru.jpg

Ram%20TW282%20face_zpsdf6mfrit.jpg

Funny thing is last night the buddy of mine I told you about that played Ram Tour Grinds for years were talking about the Watson Tour Grinds.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Funny thing is last night the buddy of mine I told you about that played Ram Tour Grinds for years were talking about the Watson Tour Grinds.

It's harmonic convergence. LOL

ran a bunch of errands today and as I'm walking in to the GW, a huge RAM staff bag was walking out.....

wanted to chase the guy down and see if he wanted to make a few nickels on it but he was in his truck pretty quick.

it could have been a display model. big as a barrel.

we've had some really nasty weather this week and now that it's milder people are out in masses.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

<pics deleted for quote>

Club showed up today. Looks even better than in the pics.

And a surprise.... The listing mentioned it being DGX shaft. Pull the club from the box, the shaft label isn't the standard True Temper label, it's a Ping. Someone had put DGX Cushin in this thing.

Cute. LOL

Just received these today. Look brand new. I bought the small bag when I lived in Virginia Beach about 1988. Look as good today as if I. Ought it last year

Very nice!

I picked up a set of the second generation Parallax last winter and played them quite a bit during 2018. They are very similar to what you have. Later versions were more "garden variety" cavity back irons.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

Ok pulled the trigger this morning on a Jones bag used on E-Bay. Had been wanting a Jones bag for a while but could not really afford one. It is an older one without the stand and it is rigid too Good for riding. Used with normal wear and the price was right at $13 seller says all the zippers work. With shipping from NC total was around $33. Red and Black. Staff bags even mini staff ones have gotten to be cumbersome for me. I have several stand bags but seems the cart attendants around here like to choke the living s**t out of them. Should be here by Thursday but if the seller ships tomorrow more than likely will be here sooner since it ships from NC right around where our bud Mitchell lives. Most of the guys I play with have those cart bags which are ugly and more cumbersome looking than staff bags. On the carts now I have problems getting my stuff out of a mini staff if the other player has a cart bag. When I was using my Titleist Mini Staff one of the cart guys groaned until he picked it up. He said this is light. I told him I am not like those old farts with 100 balls and 500 tees in a bag I travel light. I may carry 8 balls and maybe 20 tees and a marker and repair tool and 5 gloves Of course a little lead tape in a medicine bottle and a bottle of ibuprofen. Maybe 2 cigars and a lighter. Yep if I need more than 8 balls in 18 holes I am going one of 2 places either the range or home. Actually in this stage of life it will be home. The range bag may be another story though several rolls of lead tape and gloves and such. Probably this morning the range bag will be the Bertha Staff bag because I want to test the Maxfli Aussie blades , some mods on the KZG 8 and 9 irons and a couple of the Cally X forged I reshafted. Also going to experiment with an Adams Pro hybrid I traded for. Yep it will be a range afternoon. But for regular play the Jones will suit me fine

I don’t now why bag companies don’t make mor bags the size of th little bag shown in my above post has a hard plastic rig at top and made of very good vinyl. Even though I have a really nice Burton with a coco colla logo on the ball pocket it is still a chore to pick up a d set on a cart.. the REd Sky Bach I found when full of gear would take two min and a little boy to put on the cart. It’s a very good example of maximum overkill.

I don’t now why bag companies don’t make mor bags the size of th little bag shown in my above post has a hard plastic rig at top and made of very good vinyl. Even though I have a really nice Burton with a coco colla logo on the ball pocket it is still a chore to pick up a d set on a cart.. the REd Sky Bach I found when full of gear would take two min and a little boy to put on the cart. It’s a very good example of maximum overkill.

agreed.

that is what I like about the older Millers. slimmer, two good sized pockets in the front. well built.

the big back pocket is sometimes awkward to get your jacket in or out of when on a pullcart but how many times does that happen during the round anyway.

I like the top pocket on the newer gear to hold wallet and car keys but we can always bring a valuables pouch and clip it to the towel ring so that's an easy remedy.

plus, the older vinyl bags are already water resistant. new nylon ones are water absorbers.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

^^^^^ Like the 500 tees really weigh a bag down ^^^^^

Well technically they do weigh more than the 12 or so I carry. :swoon:

Hey, Big Man - great minds think alike!

My money's on the Tacki-Mac, but the Royal grips were pretty good as well.

In fact, my old Wilson 8813 has a Royal pistol grip on it right now, just the way I got it, like 20+ years ago.

You remember that David Edwards started Royal grips, right???? Danny's brother. Boy - there is a name that fell off the world!

Yep I remember about Royal grips--- I still have quite a few of those Royal Cords on a few of my putters. The old John Daly Golf store in Surfside had a bunch of them in a cut off barrel cheap. I bought a boatload of them back a few years ago. I used to put them on every putter I tried.

Hey, Big Man - great minds think alike!

My money's on the Tacki-Mac, but the Royal grips were pretty good as well.

In fact, my old Wilson 8813 has a Royal pistol grip on it right now, just the way I got it, like 20+ years ago.

You remember that David Edwards started Royal grips, right???? Danny's brother. Boy - there is a name that fell off the world!

Yep I remember about Royal grips--- I still have quite a few of those Royal Cords on a few of my putters. The old John Daly Golf store in Surfside had a bunch of them in a cut off barrel cheap. I bought a boatload of them back a few years ago. I used to put them on every putter I tried.

The Royal sand V grips are very good

Yes they are but they are hell on those cheap Wilson gloves I buy at Wal Mart. I think Maltby still sells those

ran a bunch of errands today and as I'm walking in to the GW, a huge RAM staff bag was walking out.....

wanted to chase the guy down and see if he wanted to make a few nickels on it but he was in his truck pretty quick.

it could have been a display model. big as a barrel.

we've had some really nasty weather this week and now that it's milder people are out in masses.

I have an orange Power Built bag like that. They are huge display bags. I have about 50 clubs in it