No new acquistions...?

I have been putting together a vintage Mizuno set and have the basics done now.

Wanted rare examples of models in good condition at a decent price from mid-80s to early 90s.

MIzuno Pro, Staff or Tour Proven models only.

Would be interested in any 4 or 5W’s and 2 irons that could complement the set.

Mizuno Pro Craft Model 1W

TP-5 3W

Mizuno Pro MS-7 3I-SW

TP-P102 Putter

I have been putting together a vintage Mizuno set and have the basics done now.

Wanted rare examples of models in good condition at a decent price from mid-80s to early 90s.

MIzuno Pro, Staff or Tour Proven models only.

Would be interested in any 4 or 5Ws and 2 irons that could complement the set.

Mizuno Pro Craft Model 1W

TP-5 3W

Mizuno Pro MS-7 3I-SW

TP-P102 Putter

Great set you have there!

I just grabbed this:

https://rover.ebay.c...tm/123333236674

A bit beat up but should be fun to work on. Can anyone tell me anything about the shaft that’s in these? Kaplan makes it sound like it’s pretty soft - for the “sweet swinger” apparently :)

From the pics, I would guess a Dynamic R, or somewhere near the equivalent

Thanks - perhaps the case of a medium-soft (as per Kaplan) shaft playing a little stiffer (ie Regular) by today's standards - which would be fine by me.

These beauties arrived today, 1958 Wilson Dyna-Powered irons. They are in all original condition and in fantastic shape for being over 60 years old. The original Pro Fit shafts have zero pitting and just some light rust on the heads, mostly on the faces, which is really a nice patina.

Original ferrules are all intact and the original leather grips should clean up nicely too.

First impression is the heads have a very nice shape to them. The sole is a bit wider than my Hogan’s and the leading edge has a nice bit of relief to them. The graphics are awesome, very mid century looking which I really like.

I can’t wait to take these out, though the rain is coming down and isn’t forecast to stop anytime soon so I’ll just need to be patient.

b55615cdb736e7e2661da2b77cd6f215.jpg

0cb28786280d29175f693b89f13e217f.jpg

cb9d93455f1320c8c84fac2dad825ab8.jpg

0c203231019d14383ce5cb1252ad9b5b.jpg

24c0200b67132e13c7a885b38cfba38a.jpg

ea2a914ff0e781f17f61f8a3cce3a6c3.jpg

2b3427560fd0a424a3278a2b502ab0dc.jpg

d9c01481269466efa340171a8a007b7c.jpg

"Illegal grips" - but, man, is that leather looking great!

Some of the sweetest feeling irons you will ever play.

Beautiful find, my friend

Damn right, illegal reminder grips! :D

I don’t play any tournaments and if some joker cries because my 60 year old clubs have illegal grips, I’ll ask them why they couldn’t beat me with their titanium head, speed foam injected, launch monitor-moi matched set that cost $3k. :D

spent a couple minutes with some Nevr-Dull on that Butchart Nicholls putter this evening.

the shine came right back.

feel like a proud father.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

I picked up this set of 653Ts (1, 2 & 3) this morning. I believe these are 1949-1951 being that these are solid red insert. I'll probably have them refinished some time in the next year.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

These beauties arrived today, 1958 Wilson Dyna-Powered irons. They are in all original condition and in fantastic shape for being over 60 years old. The original Pro Fit shafts have zero pitting and just some light rust on the heads, mostly on the faces, which is really a nice patina.

Original ferrules are all intact and the original leather grips should clean up nicely too.

First impression is the heads have a very nice shape to them. The sole is a bit wider than my Hogan’s and the leading edge has a nice bit of relief to them. The graphics are awesome, very mid century looking which I really like.

I can’t wait to take these out, though the rain is coming down and isn’t forecast to stop anytime soon so I’ll just need to be patient.

Another reasonably attractive set of irons :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I can appreciate them because I have the same set, grips and all. The difference is that I have the 2 iron and you have the pitching wedge, my wedge is the '59. Lovely tools of the trade, they are nicely balanced and play well; Enjoy.

I gave my grips a healthy feed yesterdayand left them to impregnate in the warm winter sun, 70F in sunny Morecambe?? Most unseasonable, but we aren't complaining.

I can appreciate them because I have the same set, grips and all. The difference is that I have the 2 iron and you have the pitching wedge, my wedge is the '59. Lovely tools of the trade, they are nicely balanced and play well; Enjoy.

I gave my grips a healthy feed yesterdayand left them to impregnate in the warm winter sun, 70F in sunny Morecambe?? Most unseasonable, but we aren't complaining.

Isn't it amazing? I've never experienced weather like this in February in West Yorkshire. I've come back in August and it's been colder than this.

Found these Powerbilt Citation irons 3 thru 9 B flex (reg) and this Hogan Sure out. At goodwill. 2.99 each. Did not buy as I'm trying to get rid of stuff. A.so a rea funky looking iron set with extremes offset.

Those funky offset irons were knockoffs of the Cleveland VAS - but, I'm more interested in the blurry third picture

Please don't make a special trip, but - if that is a Hogan Forty-Seven wedge, snatch it up for me

Isn't it amazing? I've never experienced weather like this in February in West Yorkshire. I've come back in August and it's been colder than this.

It's my birthday today and in 65 years fo playing golf never I have even contemplated playing in the UK in shirt and shorts on Feb 26th.

Today was a blessing. Have to say it went rather well. Took my recently tarted up Byron Nelson 259 wood (1-4) set out which happily rewarded the faith.

It's my birthday today and in 65 years fo playing golf never I have even contemplated playing in the UK in shirt and shorts on Feb 26th.

Today was a blessing. Have to say it went rather well. Took my recently tarted up Byron Nelson 259 wood (1-4) set out which happily rewarded the faith.

Happy Birthday - do you still celebrate a round of golf in February in the UK with a good single malt, sitting near a nice fire in the fireplace?

Or, if it's warm (like today) do you just go get a massage, (and maybe happy ending)...but, you better not be getting that done in Jupiter, Florida.

Inside joke for all us yanks here

Found these Powerbilt Citation irons 3 thru 9 B flex (reg) and this Hogan Sure out. At goodwill. 2.99 each. Did not buy as I'm trying to get rid of stuff. A.so a rea funky looking iron set with extremes offset.

Those Power Bilt irons are the famous 66 thru 70 Horse Shoe Citations ( Slang term) Trade name is Levelume just like it says. Those are similar to the ones I played for years except mine were custom ground ( not for me) and had a thinner butter knife sole like a Mac VIP.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Happy Birthday Stix

Happy Birthday - do you still celebrate a round of golf in February in the UK with a good single malt, sitting near a nice fire in the fireplace?

Or, if it's warm (like today) do you just go get a massage, (and maybe happy ending)...but, you better not be getting that done in Jupiter, Florida.

You can also get those "happy endings" in certain Oriental countries.

Those funky offset irons were knockoffs of the Cleveland VAS - but, I'm more interested in the blurry third picture

Please don't make a special trip, but - if that is a Hogan Forty-Seven wedge, snatch it up for me

I think the sole is too thick and rounded for a Forty Seven Special--- But then again the pic is blurry- I may have a 47 Special I do know for a fact I have a couple of 51 Specials--- If I have a 47 Special it is yours when you get your butt down here and if you want the 51s you can have them too

I celebrate every round with a glass of malt and (I really do, the bottle lives in my locker, it reads 15 y o Glenfiddich, but it's not always what's in it, sometimes ther'll be a Islay) and I toast all my golfing friends, past, present and future. There are rather more of the former so i take my time.

Those Power Bilt irons are the famous 66 thru 70 Horse Shoe Citations ( Slang term) Trade name is Levelume just like it says. Those are similar to the ones I played for years except mine were custom ground ( not for me) and had a thinner butter knife sole like a Mac VIP.

Those irons were the match to the PowerBilt woods that I played as a kid - still have the driver & 4-wood.

I think the sole is too thick and rounded for a Forty Seven Special--- But then again the pic is blurry- I may have a 47 Special I do know for a fact I have a couple of 51 Specials--- If I have a 47 Special it is yours when you get your butt down here and if you want the 51s you can have them too

The Hogan Forty-Seven's that I had never had the word "special" attached anywhere on the club - only Forty-Seven on the sole.

Great club - maybe I'll be getting down there soon, Stu

they were still there when I went back and picked up the Hogan wedge. I stopped at another GW that usually has nothing and I almost didn’t stop. Posting in a minute or two of what I found there.