No new acquistions...?

August-

Actually, it was older brother Danny Edwards that started Royal Grip.

To my knowledge, both Edwards brothers (Danny and David) were Oklahoma State Golfers-

According to a story in a golf publication Golf World?-

Danny had a speedy Ferrari which he once wanted to use to travel between Augusta National for the Masters and his home, then in Oklahoma.

Danny "..offered to Pre-Pay the State and Local Authorities "a specified dollar amount" for his Speeding Tickets", as he wanted to travel the 1,100 miles in under/around 11 hours. Yes, traveling at over 100 mph...and this might have been during the period of the National 55 mph "Double Nickel" Speed Limit.

Of course, now you can just ask Danny if this story is true...

Scored these at GW today. '80-'84 "The Haig" set 3-SI/ CF-3 shafts with an odd microstep pattern you can see in one of the picks. Victory Green cord grips in decent condition. It's about midway down the shaft. JN Muirfield S wedge. Ram TW Troon Grind SW, 58* ( 3* RAKE on the sole?). I assume that's referring to the cutout on the trailing edge? All for $1.99 a stick.

Any info on those CF-3 shafts? The SI has a CF-4 shaft in it. They feel more to the Regular side of steel shaft flex. The Ram Troon Grind is sexy!!!!

August-

To my knowledge, both Edwards brothers (Danny and David) were Oklahoma State Golfers-

Danny had a speedy Ferrari which he once wanted to use to travel between Augusta National for the Masters and his home, then in Oklahoma.

Danny "..offered to Pre-Pay the State and Local Authorities "a specified dollar amount" for his Speeding Tickets", as he wanted to travel the 1,100 miles in under/around 11 hours. Yes, traveling at over 100 mph...and this might have been during the period of the National 55 mph "Double Nickel" Speed Limit.

You're right - I always confused them...they were part of the Oak Tree Gang, back around the time (give or take) that the PGA Championship was held at Oak Tree.

Quite a stable of high octane golfers at the time.

August-

You're right - I always confused them...they were part of the Oak Tree Gang, back around the time (give or take) that the PGA Championship was held at Oak Tree.

Quite a stable of high octane golfers at the time.

August-

Yes they were.

That 1988 PGA Championship was won by Jeff Sluman, who made it a clean sweep for the Maxfli golf ball of all 4 majors won that year.

Played Oak Tree 5 years later in 1993, and was fortunate to get my picture taken with Willie Wood, using one of those SX-70 cameras. Wood signed my Oak Tree Hole by Hole Score Book.

Yet, even with having my photo taken with a PGA Tour Pro that day, what I remember even more was-

We had been scheduled to play Oak Tree a little more than 2 weeks earlier that year, but the OK weather had taken a turn (From 81 to 40 degrees and raining.) When it appeared we were not going to play, we struck up an engaging conversation about the Tour players and the game with the very sociable person who was working behind the counter inside the Pro Shop. I didn't get his signature then, but he told us he was heading overseas to play the Tour there.

Five years later, in 1998, that "Oak Tree Pro Shop counter man ", Brian Watts, was in a 4 hole Playoff with Mark O'Meara at Royal Birkdale for the British Open Championship.

Can still see Watts in both places- First behind the counter at Oak Tree, and then 5 years later, hitting his 3rd shot from the bunker on the 72nd hole at the Open at Birkdale-

One leg straight, the other bent at the knee leaning-and nearly holing it for the win...

You never know who you're going to meet on the golf course...or behind the counter in the pro shop...

Hey, Big Man - great minds think alike!

My money's on the Tacki-Mac, but the Royal grips were pretty good as well.

In fact, my old Wilson 8813 has a Royal pistol grip on it right now, just the way I got it, like 20+ years ago.

You remember that David Edwards started Royal grips, right???? Danny's brother. Boy - there is a name that fell off the world!

Yep I remember about Royal grips--- I still have quite a few of those Royal Cords on a few of my putters. The old John Daly Golf store in Surfside had a bunch of them in a cut off barrel cheap. I bought a boatload of them back a few years ago. I used to put them on every putter I tried.

In fact, my old Wilson 8813 has a Royal pistol grip on it right now, just the way I got it, like 20+ years ago.

You remember that David Edwards started Royal grips, right???? Danny's brother. Boy - there is a name that fell off the world!

Yep I remember about Royal grips--- I still have quite a few of those Royal Cords on a few of my putters. The old John Daly Golf store in Surfside had a bunch of them in a cut off barrel cheap. I bought a boatload of them back a few years ago. I used to put them on every putter I tried.

The Royal sand V grips are very good

The Royal sand V grips are very good

Yes, they are, Mickelson gamed them forever. I see Golfworks owns Royal Grip now and is making pretty much all the old models. Wonder if they are still the same quality. The sand wrap putter was a great grip as well.

Taylormade Qi10 9* HZRDUS 70 6.5

Titleist Tsi2 15* Tensei RAW Blue 75X

Titleist Tsr2 21* Tensei Black 85 TX
Srixon ZX5, ZX7 combo set 4-PW PX 6.0
Titleist SM5 50.12F, SM6 56.14F, 60.08M
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Stroke Lab
Titleist Pro V1X 2023

have an unused set of Danny Edwards Royal grips, wrap style, with the AC Delco logo.

pulled them out of a box about two months ago, packed with a set of Tommy Armour branded Tour Wraps.

both must be from the early 90's.

I am such a pack rat.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

I just lost an eBay auction in the last few seconds for a 1953-55 M85 driver...

obviously it sold for more than you were willing to pay for it. How much?

I would have upped my bid, but I ran out of time. I think it sold for $168.

In all seriousness, I’m not complaining that it was unfair or anything of the sort. I’m just making light of my failure.

Found this cobra 8802 type putter and the Mac 52* wedge. Also found this brand new Belding bag. $9.99. The

Pic of the Sam Snead club is one of the 2 thru 9 ! Single Hogan producer 2 iron and a patty berg 3 iron. Didn’t buy any of those three. The bag is very nice. Still had the packing in th ball pocket and cover for the bag . It was a good day. Other than its 9* here.

Found this cobra 8802 type putter and the Mac 52* wedge. Also found this brand new Belding bag. $9.99. The

Pic of the Sam Snead club is one of the 2 thru 9 ! Single Hogan producer 2 iron and a patty berg 3 iron. Didn’t buy any of those three. The bag is very nice. Still had the packing in th ball pocket and cover for the bag . It was a good day. Other than its 9* here.

I just googled patty berg cup defender irons ,they are a very nic looking heads on them , there was only the 3 though.

Pretty confident this brand is a first in this thread. Evansgolf was started in the very early 80s by John Evans, an Australian pro who has lived in New Zealand for many years. Was active in the Australian PGA for quite a while. He doesn't do clubs anymore. I'm friends with him on Facebook and follow him on twitter and he's confirmed that these clubs were forged in Japan at Kansai, which is where Mizuno were/are made, so pretty good lineage there. Thin top line, sightly longer blade, pretty sweet muscleback and a hint of offset. Can't wait to hit them :)

Shafts are "Union" which according to John are a Brunswick product. Anyone know anything about them?

Not sure what happened to the pics there. Hopefully these are better.

Pic of the Sam Snead club is one of the 2 thru 9 ! Single Hogan producer 2 iron and a patty berg 3 iron. Didn't buy any of those three. The bag is very nice. Still had the packing in th ball pocket and cover for the bag . It was a good day. Other than its 9* here.

Great score on the Belding Bag - how do you sleep at night, getting such steals????

Yes, they are, Mickelson gamed them forever. I see Golfworks owns Royal Grip now and is making pretty much all the old models. Wonder if they are still the same quality. The sand wrap putter was a great grip as well.

I know Golfworks carries Royal Grips (and I'm not sure anyone else does), but I thought Royal Grip was owned by Lamkin.

Regarding quality, all I can say is I've really liked the ones I've tried, especially the XV Pro. Closest thing I've found to the Lamkin Sure Tac 85th Anniversary grip from a few years back which was a big favorite of mine. The Perf Wrap reminds me of the old Lamkin Perma Wrap, another good one.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

Richard. That Belding bag is killer. Is that full leather? Sure has the look. Big fan of these "old school" bags. Plus, some tasteful labeling to boot. A steal of a deal for $10.

That Cobra putter should clean up nicely. 8802 styles are always a worthy grab.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Richard. That Belding bag is killer. Is that full leather? Sure has the look. Big fan of these "old school" bags. Plus, some tasteful labeling to boot. A steal of a deal for $10.

For sure! That bag has never been used! It never ceases to amaze me what people will throw away. $100 wouldn't be out of line.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

it’s vinyl. It really is a nice bag . Gonna put my set of HAIG ultras in it. It ha a moving van sticker on it. I looked up belding bags on eBay abundance a used one is asking 95. I hate spellcheck!

. I looked up Red Sky Golf club. It’s an exclusive resort located in Vail, colo..

Richard you got one heck of a deal on that bag for $10. I thought I got a steal the other week at Goodwill. I bought a Callaway Big Bertha staff bag for $5 in good shape and this was the good one with all Embroidery not silk screened on.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Pic of the Sam Snead club is one of the 2 thru 9 ! Single Hogan producer 2 iron and a patty berg 3 iron. Didn't buy any of those three. The bag is very nice. Still had the packing in th ball pocket and cover for the bag . It was a good day. Other than its 9* here.

aren't you the guy that had to clean out his storage area a while back ?

you must have a boat load of room in there now to hold a Belding....nice bag. those and Ron Millers are tops.

BTW, thanks again for the Ram driver.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

Found a new, with tags ,Travis Matthews golf bag at thrift outlet store for $5

same store I found Fred Couples Personal Ping staff bag awhile back for $5

Freddy's bag for 5 bucks?! Yup - you win. It's over. Deal of the $%@!ing year right there. I just know that bag would pull 5 strokes off my game right now and I'm not kidding! Unreal...

aren't you the guy that had to clean out his storage area a while back ?

you must have a boat load of room in there now to hold a Belding....nice bag. those and Ron Millers are tops.

BTW, thanks again for the Ram driver.

you’re welcome. I’m going to post a few other give aways here. Still have some stuff that needs to go away. (Not the Belding bag)

Richard,

got a nice Belding duffel that would make a decent weekend set with that bag.

it is nice.i tried finding how much that bag sold for at that course that red sky is a very exclusive place. Fazio / Norman course .best guess 4-500. Have to be a high roller to live up there.

take a trip, wear your country club duds.

drive up to the bag drop, pop the trunk. tell the attendant, "I'm on at ten forty-five". See what happens...

:cheesy:

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

Richard,

it is nice.i tried finding how much that bag sold for at that course that red sky is a very exclusive place. Fazio / Norman course .best guess 4-500. Have to be a high roller to live up there.

drive up to the bag drop, pop the trunk. tell the attendant, "I'm on at ten forty-five". See what happens...

I don’t own any C.C. duds, just boots and jeans. I know exactly what happens.. remember I lived in Phoenix area before I moved to Indy.

Richard,

If it's very exclusive you don't need a time, just show up and play, whenever you wish.