Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

2 minutes ago, Hickory4ever said:

463D7ED6-7BAD-465C-AC47-014386132852.jpeg.40ecab939b1ef0248a969717c64f59b9.jpegDC91352E-4698-48AC-B10A-9D309AFE8D6C.jpeg.e031499164a2b8ef75856fd92e59d563.jpeg

It was a fun day despite it being cool (high of 4C) with the greens bringing a new meaning to the term trampoline effect. The four of us pretty well had the course to ourselves as only 10 people played the course all day.

I played “boring old man golf” for all but three holes (a triple and 2 doubles) resulting in a kissing your sister 81. My whole bag was from the 70’s and is pictured above. 

The weather for the next three days looks similar to today, so hopefully we will play all three.

Where's the Spalding Executive sand wedge? Did it get benched? 

• Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

There was recently another important number 8.

Like many of you care.  lol 

During the month of November I made a little move into second place in our NFL Weekly Picks contest. 

I've grown accustomed to being the basement dweller over the past few seasons, but somehow this year I have been rather decent. I'm thinking only two back of 1st place is where I'll find myself when the new standings are posted by our valued statistician Q tomorrow. 

The last two weeks I've gone 4-1.

That's 8-2 !  💥 

LP   Detroit W  Dal/NYG Ovr  Atlanta L                   Min/NE Ovr W   NY Jets W   

LP   San Fran W  Cincinnati W  Philadelphia W          Minnesota W  Min/NYJ Undr L 

And my performance got me noticed by Natalie. She and I are going out Friday Night.  🤣

Sexy Teen Referee Costume | Referee Costumes | brandsonsale.com

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

😄

• Like 3

Today it was just too cold to play and the rain started to fall at lunch time. I did not get out.

Tomorrow it's play no matter what for my group. I went to DICK's today and purchased a new lower half base layer and some tall warm socks. I also got out of storage my waterproofs. Like DMM and Hickory tomorrow afternoon I will be golfing in less than savory conditions.

Winter golf warriors rule.  

base layer and waterproofs .jpg

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Hickory4ever said:

463D7ED6-7BAD-465C-AC47-014386132852.jpeg.40ecab939b1ef0248a969717c64f59b9.jpegDC91352E-4698-48AC-B10A-9D309AFE8D6C.jpeg.e031499164a2b8ef75856fd92e59d563.jpeg

It was a fun day despite it being cool (high of 4C) with the greens bringing a new meaning to the term trampoline effect. The four of us pretty well had the course to ourselves as only 10 people played the course all day.

I played “boring old man golf” for all but three holes (a triple and 2 doubles) resulting in a kissing your sister 81. My whole bag was from the 70’s and is pictured above. 

The weather for the next three days looks similar to today, so hopefully we will play all three.

4 hours ago, Hickory4ever said:

Hickory. 4C =39F ...hopefully you didn't hit any of those 76 Staffs  off the bottom groove!

Are those H&B Citation woods?  Brass backweight  looks familiar as well as the soleplates..  Or are those Wilson woods?  My eyes deceive me at times.

• Like 4

TEE C721 10.5 Ventus Red 5R (with 10g lead tape under the stripes)

Adams Idea Pro 20, 23, 26 Aldila VS Proto 80S

MP32 6-PW DGR300, +1"

MP223 GW DGS200, +1"

Cleveland 588 RTG TA 51 DG wedge flex

Vokey 256.12 DG wedge flex

1969 Ping Anser 85029 34" long step

golf..."can't be mastered, can only be played"

10 hours ago, touch said:

You ain't gettin' no buttered rum there DMM. No sir they don't do those. Select something different please sir.  lol 

Perhaps instead a snifter of Hennessy and a cappuccino? 

I did a little research on which Bama booze's were popular. 

From Alabama ABC

The agency reports it shipped 3,304,241 cases of liquor in 2020, which is 332,022 more cases than it shipped in 2019.

According to 2020 sales, these were the top 10 spirits brands purchased in the state:

• Hennessy V.S. – cognac/Armagnac
  • Tito’s Handmade – domestic vodka
  • Crown Royal – Canadian whisky
  • Jack Daniel’s 7 Black – Tennessee whiskey
  • Smirnoff – imported vodka
  • Crown Royal Regal Apple – Canadian whisky
  • Fireball – Canadian whiskey
  • Jim Beam – Kentucky bourbon
  • Jose Cuervo – imported tequila
  • Aristocrat – domestic vodka                                              

I would have bet the farm in Bama that Jack or Jim would have been #1 followed by Crown Royal. Around my course Fireball and Apple Crown seem to be the current trend. If I still drank spirits for me it would be the good old Jim Beam and branch water chased down with a PBR. One of the reasons I do not drink spirits now truthfully I can not control it. If I start off I will not quit. Now I never was a violent drunk but the opposite several people including my wife will tell you I am the funniest drunk one will ever see

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

8 hours ago, Hickory4ever said:

It was in the bag behind the PW. It plays fine but it did not get out of the bag today because it was not needed. I might change the woods out tomorrow since I have so many toys that want to come out and play 😀😀😀

Yep you are like me have a lot of toys that want to come out and play. LOL it blows peoples minds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, touch said:

Today it was just too cold to play and the rain started to fall at lunch time. I did not get out.

Tomorrow it's play no matter what for my group. I went to DICK's today and purchased a new lower half base layer and some tall warm socks. I also got out of storage my waterproofs. Like DMM and Hickory tomorrow afternoon I will be golfing in less than savory conditions.

Winter golf warriors rule.  

base layer and waterproofs .jpg

We are getting your rain right now but it is still 65*---- Yesterday was nice 65* and cloudy. I did a tune session on the VIPs and did not make any changes. Played 9 with a bud of mine. Did not have my best stuff but managed to shoot 39 ( +3) with a lone birdie which was spectacular to say the least. Our 4th hole is a great Par 5. Now I hit the driver right as in a push cut block combo. Thought I was wet as in the creek but stayed up. I knew I could not hit it over the hazard from there. Had to hit a low cut 5 iron around a tree. Ended up short of the creek hazard 200 yards out from the green. I had the frame of mind as to getting close to the green and make a up and down scramble par which is sorta SOP for me. I had just put that Cally Razr 3 wood I had built back in. I ended up smoking that 3 wood and got on the edge of the green to a front pin about 20 ft out. One of my favorite putts up hill left to right and I drained it. I will say our greens are in surperb shape. When they planted the Rye we got rain for 3 days and the course was closed. They cut the greens last Wednesday and rolled them and they roll like bent greens. My bud who was playing with me just shook his head. He told one of the owners about that saying I had made Chicken Salad out of Chicken Schmidt. Cheese ( one of the owners) said that is Stuey for you. Yeah my golf is not pretty. 

Yesterday was a good day physical wise for me. I had went out early to Home Depot to get some stuff. Found a great deal on firewood and bought like 20 bundles. LOL pulled the Caddy up to the loading area and got some looks. I did have a large thick blanket over the back seat and stacked a bunch there. Had my clubs out of the trunk and stacked the rest there. One old fart said he would never do a Caddy like that---- I gave him the death stare and told him well it was my car and if I could not use it like I wanted then I did not need it. Some guy was looking because I left it running while loading for a reason so the air bags could gradually level out. One guy quipped ( these jackleg contractors around her think they know everything) that it may be overloaded. I told him those bundles weigh around 20 Lbs each so it was less than 500 lbs which was less than 2 fat ladies crammed in the back going to Church. Got the stuff home unloaded and stacked in the house racks. Ended up going to Kroger because they had firestarters on sale. Went to the course hit two baskets on the range then played 9. Yep I am really starting to feel better and doing more. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Not one to peruse I & A.  But this early morning hour couldn't help it.  At the top of the forum was a thread titled..."Is this a 68 Ballerina?"  Was compelled to have a look.  Still don't understand what it has to do with a ballerina or the number 68.  Didn't read as having anything to do with legs, all about arms and P stuff.  Good grief.  I'm so confused.  🥱  Only for the moment.  

On occasion, prone to having "happy feet" while swinging a club.  Especially the driver.  Me feets don't always stay planted.  A late bud (RIP Greg) chattering from the peanut gallery, called it my Billy "White Shoes" (Johnson) move.  Think I'm going to start calling it my Baryshnikov. 

I have always had happy feet or shuffeling as the old timers call it. Intregal part of my swing to get through the ball. Part of my problem now if the nerves are not working right I do not shift and block myself out. Had that happen some yesterday with the driver especially. Now that I can lace shoes I have been back wearing regular golf shoes now. In my practice range sessions besides ball flight etc I can tell if the bottom end is working because where my feet are looks like where a barnyard chicken fight has been. Yesterday it was sorta half arssed and it showed on the course. For me these days it is not a pain issue either way but it is an issue if the nerves in my lower extremities want to wake up and coordinate. And me being a strictly feel and instinct player my upper body wants to overswing to compensate and recover which is not a good thing. And there is no exercise that can help I do exercise to stay flexable and hopefully pain free but sadly there is no cure for the nerve issues. I have to take it shot by shot and day to day and deal with it.

On the equipment end I see the classics along with that beautuful Diawa Coach bag which we have discussed before

• Like 4

10 hours ago, nitram said:

Grand National is my favorite on the trail as it's always good, and may well be the only course that's hosted the PGA, LPGA, their subsidiaries, and D1 Men & Women's National Championships. It's worth the trip from wherever you are.

You guys have so many fantastic clubhouses down south. I suppose we have them here too but I never seem to get out of a 50 mile radius.

• Like 4

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

7 minutes ago, Hickory4ever said:

Thanks Fella, I really enjoy those Citation Woods, they are one of my favourites and get to play a lot. I like the look of the black model as much as the other finishes. My 76 Staffs are definitely my favourite irons with original R300 shafts. I have no trouble elevating even the long irons.

For Anser, I did hit a couple thin shots, it happens, no big deal. These irons play very well and I believe that current thinking on this subject is way overblown. 

And Fella, under that putter headcover is one of my favourite Bullseyes. I have given Otey a break in the cold. I usually putt well with any of them and the one I am using has a nice grip on it. 

I will likely make a few changes in the lineup today because that is what I do. I feel nostalgic today, so my original TM first generation metals are going to get the call. I played them from 79’ to the late 80’s and I still have my original Tour Cleek which is still amazing off the deck. I also love seeing the reactions from other golfers when they see the small heads, it is priceless.

And for Stu, I wish that you could join us today, you would feel right at home (except for the cold). I will not be the only vintage player in the group. Gerald will be playing one of his early Hogan sets and Peter will be playing a full set of Kenneth Smiths. I know that You are with us in spirit. 

Thanks for remembering me---- Yeah I wish I could find folks like you around here to play all vintage with--- My home course with some modifications tee and distance wise sets up great for vintage play----- If I could find some guys around here to play real vintage with I would quit the Saturday Shootouts and play all vintage 3 times a week. Right now I have the somewhat modern metals in for the firepower ( what little I have) but have put the infamous Mac Hogans back in because they are a little lighter than the Muirfields. If it quits raining and I go out today I am going to put one of my Bulls Eyes back in because our greens are so pristine that it will be a pleasure to putt with. But I am looking forward to spring and playing the lumber in my dew sweeper rounds.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Congrats on the first part. Keep it up. 

The second part though🤩.....

5gkk3o.jpg

So harsh Q. Let an old Geeze dream a little from time to time would ya? 

So I had two offenses yesterday. 

Tuesday see's touch in .........

Hockey Referee Wall Art the Penalty Box Hockey Decal Boys - Etsy Finland

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A younger me would have gladly participated in a day like this.

• Like 3

I'm out the door to play 18. It's going to be CPO, but I'm not complaining as it will be most likely the only round I'll get in this week.

🙂 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)