2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Evnroll Putters-- Amazing!!!

This might have been covered already but has anyone taken the grip off and notices an aluminum looking cap in the end of the shaft? It's like they factory put some counter weight in?

I took the oem grip off last night and put on a new ss but didn't think to cut the tape before I did it and now when I do, there's a block which keeps me from using the 50 gram counter weight.

I can drill it out etc but had NEVER seen this?

The earlier models had a lighter grip with counterweight. The newer models have a heavier grip with no weight. I believe there have been a number of post in this thread about the grip types and changes.

If anyone wants one of the stock new model grips for free + shipping PM me. I bought a SuperStroke with the putter so mine has no wear and was blown off at the store right after purchase.

Wow, I'd be interested if it's the older lighter grip. Is it that or the newer 118g heavier one?

I have a question. The original "gray" grip is 54 grams and it has a 30 gram counterweight. The new "white" grip is 117 grams. That's an 84 vs 117 difference. Did they purposely increase the grip weight in the newer model? Why the difference?

I have the ER1 at 33" with 385 gram head. I want to take the original grip/counterweight out and put a 50 gram SS Flatso 1.0 with the 50 gram counterweight in. Not sure what this will do to overall swingweight. Help!

It's based on balancing the putter. Having a 30g weight at the butt is different than having it spread out. So 118g is probably pretty similar to the 84g duo since its spread out over the last 10" or so of the putter

The red/white is the heavy grip...I pulled mine and put a SS GTR TOUR on it and the putter feels totally different. (in a good way) The sound at impact with the original grip was very tiny sounding. Using an E7..

Taylormade Qi10 9* Core w/GD-335-S

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3w/ Ventus blue 7-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0311t gen 5 w/ i95-S 4-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* 

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Is this normal. Looks like the the groove is peeling.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

This might have been covered already but has anyone taken the grip off and notices an aluminum looking cap in the end of the shaft? It's like they factory put some counter weight in?

I took the oem grip off last night and put on a new ss but didn't think to cut the tape before I did it and now when I do, there's a block which keeps me from using the 50 gram counter weight.

I can drill it out etc but had NEVER seen this?

The earlier models had a lighter grip with counterweight. The newer models have a heavier grip with no weight. I believe there have been a number of post in this thread about the grip types and changes.

If anyone wants one of the stock new model grips for free + shipping PM me. I bought a SuperStroke with the putter so mine has no wear and was blown off at the store right after purchase.

OpenPar: Which Super Stroke did you get? I have the ER2 and was thinking of moving to the SS grip as well. I do like the size of the stock EVNROLL grip, but not thrilled with shape/firmness. Any thoughts? Just curious . Thanks.

I'd love to hear your full report on the putter fitting. I was thinking about setting up a putter fitting at CC next month too but it sounded to me like Evnroll was not a brand they were carrying yet. Let us know how the fitting goes and what you come away with.

How's the sound? I read in GD mag it's got more of a higher pitched noise, as opposed to a duller thud.

I'm so close to buying one... Trying to get freaking club champ to call me back to schedule a fitting. I am putting ER6, possibly ER5 & 7 up against my current gamer (Ketsch TR) and my latest purchase, a spider tour black. Club Champ is going to order me a demo spider tour red, and they also have O works fang and #7 in lefty, too.

Would you all like me to report here or possibly start a new thread? Willing to take photos, record my SAM data and write up a detailed review/comparison.

Thanks. I'm trying not to be biased as to not effect my results, but I think the ER6 will edge out the win as the best mix of data performance, looks and feel. I actually like the look of the all black spider tour, but I can't hit any short putts with it right now. Perhaps a site line would help, so I may ask the fitter to try and place a temp line on there for me, because everything else is pretty awesome..

Thanks. I'm trying not to be biased as to not effect my results, but I think the ER6 will edge out the win as the best mix of data performance, looks and feel. I actually like the look of the all black spider tour, but I can't hit any short putts with it right now. Perhaps a site line would help, so I may ask the fitter to try and place a temp line on there for me, because everything else is pretty awesome..

Sightline helps if you are not aiming where you think you are aiming. I'd check for aim before adding sightlines. Good luck.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

How does one check for aim, when they think they are aiming where they intend? Wouldn't somebody else do this for me, and not actually myself? I'm sure during my fitting, we will be testing every putter from multiple different lengths from the hole to see how I actually am aiming relative to my line.

What's odd is that on short stuff I almost never make it, but on longer putts when aim actually makes even more of a difference technically, I can still manage to get it close. Part of me thinks its mental because on the putting green I generally don't have problems...I was holing putts in arm up from 30' away with the Tour... but then didn't hole anything the entire round after.

Just purchased ER5, ER6 and ER7 to put up against spider tour, O works #7 and my old Ping Ketsch. Getting fit next Friday so I'll let the numbers do the talking...

You're the man Z ! If I tried to test that many putters at one time I'd be so screwed up I wouldn't be able to make a 6" putt.:)

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Well luckily Ketsch and ER6 are virtually identical. #7 and ER5 are fairly similar too, which leaves the Tour and ER7 as outliers. However, all are mallets so I don't feel like it will be too hard adjusting between them during a fitting. All of them are 34'' too, so really the only differences will be head shape, head weight (range from 350 to 375) and grip style/weight.

I'm hoping club champ will be recording all the SAM data and can email me a copy so I can post here. I have a fairly decent stroke but I usually struggle with short putts and getting the speeds right. I either slam it home or leave it well short. I left at least 4 par putts short this past weekend, all of which were probably inside of 5 feet. I think it's mental but it's still an issue...

How does one check for aim, when they think they are aiming where they intend? Wouldn't somebody else do this for me, and not actually myself? I'm sure during my fitting, we will be testing every putter from multiple different lengths from the hole to see how I actually am aiming relative to my line.

What's odd is that on short stuff I almost never make it, but on longer putts when aim actually makes even more of a difference technically, I can still manage to get it close. Part of me thinks its mental because on the putting green I generally don't have problems...I was holing putts in arm up from 30' away with the Tour... but then didn't hole anything the entire round after.

Get an inexpensive laser pen, point it at putter face that has a small mirror on the face and with a ball in front of the face. Aim putter, have a friend remove the ball and find the laser beam on the wall -right , left, high, low.

Simpler method just for aim, not loft - SeeMore Triangulator $10.

http://www.seemore.c...iangulator.html

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

you guys see Ben Martin has one in the bag this week? Here we come!

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Get an inexpensive laser pen, point it at putter face that has a small mirror on the face and with a ball in front of the face. Aim putter, have a friend remove the ball and find the laser beam on the wall -right , left, high, low.

Simpler method just for aim, not loft - SeeMore Triangulator $10.

http://www.seemore.c...iangulator.html

How do you ensure the laser is perfectly lined up with the center of the ball though? If it's off center even a degree or two, over a long enough space, it will reflect the laser back making it look like the face isn't square to target, even if it isn't'.

Isn't this just easier to do during my fitting using SAM ? They have a data point which is "alignment to target" I believe. If anything I'd be better off taping a laser right over the site line so I know with reasonable confidence everything is lined up. I've seen products like this that attaches to the base of the putter shaft but I figured it's a waste because I don't have a SBST stroke, thus only is really worth seeing if I'm perfectly square at impact... Which I probably can't discern with my naked eye anyway.

I am considering trying the er8 but I don't see these on any trade in lists. Would there be no way to trade it for something else just in case it does not work out?

If you're considering trade in value of something before you buy it, more than likely it isn't going to work out for you. Just my .02.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Loving my ER8!!! I was going to be in San Diego for business this week so I scheduled a fitting at their Carlsbad headquarters. Met with Travis and he got me dialed in. I tried the ER2, ER5, and the ER8. For me the ER8 was what I felt most comfortable with. Once I decided on the model, I spent the next 45 minutes or so just putting balls. I was putting off of this ramp with felt on it. When putting on the ramp, the felt would show visually how my ball was rolling off the face of the putter. I'm not really sure about the science of it, but Travis was able to dial in my loft and lie to where things were optimum. I'd hit several putts and he'd take the putter back and tweak the lie and loft . Rinse and repeat until both of us were happy with the results. Since I was traveling I had the putter shipped back home. I've only had a chance to roll it on the carpet, but looking forward to getting it on the course this weekend. Travis was informative and really cool to work with during the whole fitting. Highly recommend that if you're in the San Diego area, try to get an appointment and get fit.