Evnroll Putters-- Amazing!!!

anyone had peeling between the face grooves? I've seen a few on eBay that didn't look so great. wondering if it's a common or rare thing. also I see some that have dings in the grooves too. probably not too big a deal performance wise, but is it soft enough that they get beat up easily?

No issues with mine. Some guys just don't take care of their stuff.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Being a good putter requires a few things......

1. Aiming the putter where you think you are aiming it.

2. Good green reading

3. Good speed control to go along with the green reading

4. A putter that fits you - This part includes about 4-5 items in itself

A. If you have too low a loft or effective loft you will drive the putter into it's depression and it will squirt offline.

B. Not too much loft, you don't want a ball skipping

C. Toe hang that fits your stroke

D. Correct weight

E. Correct grip size

F. Counter balancing

Couldn't agree more

After a few putting green sessions and a couple rounds under my belt, I'm starting to get used to the heavier feel of my ER2 370g (coming from A Ping Anser Milled 5)... not sure I'm making many more putts [yet], but the distance control on everything from 20' - lag is starting to get really consistent.

Probably not as soft feeling as the Ping, but not sure much is.

Guys I got my putter fitting on SAM and I promised some results. I'm actually kind of shocked, but I wanted to give a review of the three EVNROLL putters I got, plus comparisons against a few other putters, etc.

ER6 - BUTTER soft. Literally softest putter I've ever hit, almost too soft actually. Very stable in the hands, very nice for somebody who wants a big ol mallet

ER5 - Smaller, about the size of the Odyssey Fang. The "Ting" sound is definitely gone, so I'm glad about that. Out of the three evnroll putters, this was my favorite

ER7 - I didn't like the two dot surprisingly...And the actual face looked thinner than I liked. And tisk tisk on evnroll because this came from the factory at 65* lie!! I didn't even attempt to hit it because it wouldn't have worked anyway. Very surprised at the lack of QC on this one.

Others:

(old) Gamer... Spider Tour Black - So sexy in all black, really love the soft feel and stability, yet not a monster mallet like ER6.

O works #7 - Not for me.. Don't like the colors really, almost face balanced, which for me doesn't work. Perhaps if I took the counter core out it would have been better, but after just a few hits I put it aside.

Scotty Newport - Little firm... Don't like Scotty grips at all, but wasn't bad.

Betti BB1 - Extremely firm even with hitting chrome soft balls. Actually rolled it very well, but just couldn't stand the feel. The grip was also extremely firm, so maybe with a softer and larger grip, it could have been tolerable

And for the winner - O works #1 ....?!?!?

I couldn't believe it you guys. I have been gaming big face balanced or slight toe hang mallets since I picked up golf. I just assumed since they are forgiving and I Wasn't a great putter that this was the obvious move. Nope.. Not at all. My SAM data showed that i needed SIXTY degrees of toe hang to match my stroke. I have a fairly deliberate arc, and they said anything even less than 45* will not work for me. This means all the EVNROLL and many mallets in general are out. The Spider Tour had 45* of hang, so I could potentially game it... But why try to force a stroke to match a putter, when the #1 pretty much fit the bill?

So we tinkered with it a bit more and I was draining everything from 8' and in. I ended up custom fit into the O works #1 as 34'' length, NO counter core, Mid Slim 2.0 grip, 73* Lie, 1.5* loft. All my strikes were actually right in the middle of the face, but varied vertically by quite a bit on the face, so the fitter suggested I move the ball about .25-.5'' back more in my stance (currently I play it just inside the lead heel).

So Mr Rife if you ever see this post.. Please for the love of baby jesus and all that is holy... Make a putter with 60* toe hang, or about there!!! I LOVED the feel you guys of the putters. Very soft, yet still firm (not so much in ER6 though) and they oozed of quality (except the 65* lie thing...). The #1 feels pretty nice for an insert, but I'd love to game the EVNROLL face for sure. I swear I saw the balls gearing back just a touch with the ER5 when it felt like I hit them a tad out of the toe (my usual miss).

Here's a few pics for you guys. Hopefully Club Champ emails me my SAM data so you can see it, too. If you want any close ups of the faces, etc please PM me ASAP because I plan to send these back next Monday.

DNqyzIqm.jpguvG4uW4m.jpg3bf76Kzm.jpg

Recently got an ER7 and did some practise with it for the first time today.

I struggled with speed a little, it seems to come off the face slightly slower than my Odyssey but I holed a lot of putts. I was practising 15-25 foot putts and they kept going in. I don't know how much was down to the putter itself, me or the fact that this putter fits me. However, assuming I can improve my speed control this putter is spectacular.

The other thing I noticed was the misses clustering together rather than becoming spread out.

I cannot work out how to prove this is genuinely happening but it seems like a superb putter...

Having rolled my ER2 all of this season now I have come to this conclusion. This putter is no flute. I have never putted this good in 30 years. I haven't had a 3 putt in 2 weeks.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

For those that have this putter, are you removing the sticker on the back of the shaft or leave it on like the sticker on the Scotty Cameron putters? There is also the red shaft band sticker so I'm not sure to leave them both on or remove the one on the back..

That's strictly personal preference. Goo-Gone will remove the stickiness.

Curious if anyone else had the issue, which I'm sure happens to all makes of putters......but a couple weeks ago on bright sunny day, I couldn't even see the alignment line on my ER2. I'm thinking about changing the color of the line to black.

Take a Sharpie to those 2 dots in the front

Ping G430 10k
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Ping G430 22 hybrid

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

Finally found one of the newer ER5s which allegedly have a less tingy sound (or maybe I was too caught up on the noise last time I rolled it).

Theres the tiniest ever bump on one of the groves, will that be a problem? It can only be seen from one angle.

http://imgur.com/7m25RBj

To clarify, the bump cannot be seen from the top or the toe (looking heelwards) only from the view you're seeing in the image. Will this ruin the distance control of the putter?

Finally found one of the newer ER5s which allegedly have a less tingy sound (or maybe I was too caught up on the noise last time I rolled it).

Theres the tiniest ever bump on one of the groves, will that be a problem? It can only be seen from one angle.

http://imgur.com/7m25RBj

To clarify, the bump cannot be seen from the top or the toe (looking heelwards) only from the view you're seeing in the image. Will this ruin the distance control of the putter?

I seriously doubt that will effect it's performance.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

Thanks for the responses all :)

I seriously doubt that will effect it's performance.

Probably, but the shop was happy to replace it with a brand new one so I took that option. Usually I wouldn't care but the grooves are most of the technology in this putter, so better safe than sorry I guess.

is it a bump or a dent? i imagine that because the metal is so thin there it may dent or ding more easily. that's my worry, but i doubt it would affect performance a noticeable amount unless the whole grooves were just mashed

On closer inspection I saw that the groove is dented, it's thin and not the hardest metal I've ever seen. Obviously now with this new one I'll be taking strict care of it, no silly tee shots for fun off the elevated tee boxes with the putter etc.

The guys I've played with have had these for months and no issues, I assume it was dinged in shipping or roughly handled by someone in store.

SOOOOOO. Curiousity got the best of me..my local shops didn't have an ER6B, so I bought one online from a retailer, it arrived today.

I have the ER2 as I have mentioned in this and previous threads.

I had missed some shorter putts, and I owned mallets forever before my ER2. So I wanted to see if maybe the mallet was a little more stable and I would make a few more of those short putts. Its tough though...I have never made more putts outside of 10' than I have with the ER2, so this i sliterally an expirement, as I will probably stick with the 2.

I guess I never thought of it, but the ER6 are made from milled aluminum ( emailing back and forth with Travis today he reminded me of this... ). So the ER6 has a different feel to it then my ER2, which I am not sure I love. I would say the face isn't as soft, and the feel to me isn't quite as "solid"? I will also say, I bought a 35" ER6B, because I wanted a little lighter head. I then cut it down 1/2 an inch and added a Super Stroke Pistol 2.0 and had the putter fit to me, loft and lie that is.

I wish I had thought about this before buying the ER6....I probably would have bought a hatchback or ER7, just to get that soft stainless feel. Its insane how smooth and good they feel. That said, I may just have to get over it and see if I still make a lot of putts but I putt a little better inside five feet with this ER6....

I had my putter with me today, rolled about any putter thats "hot" right now. I don't care what anyone says, nothing feels as good as the evnroll's do.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the ER5 from a member here, so happy that I did. I've only used in on my putting mat so far but I absolutely loved the feel and weight of it. I'd been looking at the O'works #7 for a while but just didn't love the feel of it. So far I'm really confident that I made the right choice with the Evnroll. I was a little worried about the sound of it based on the video from Mark Crossfield but this one has a much more muted sound compared to the high pitch ping in the video. I can't wait to get it out on the course next week.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I recently went through an Edel putter fitting session, and was fitted into a blade (had been gaming a mallet). Most important (and curious to me), was that I needed to make a few adjustments to my setup - stand taller, closer, and move the ball under my left eye, as well as the weighting and counter-weighting.

Picked up the ER1 and had the fitter re-weight it, and have been gaming it for the last month.

In 2016 I averaged 33.5 putts per round.

In the last month I went 36 (first time out with it), 33, 32 and 31 putts with only (2) 3-putts. (I had a stupid 3-putt yesterday where I completely mis-read the break on a long lag, so that did me no favors for my 2nd putt).

My intention on going through the fitting and spending the money was to have MY putter - the one that I will still be using 10, 20-years from now. I would like to be a consistent 30 putts per round type of putter.

We'll see.

I'm sorry to say that I'm about to give up on my ER8. I have never putted so bad. Played a round yesterday and had 45 putts (10 3-puts and 1 1-put). I gave up a Scotty X5R for this. I putted much better with the Scotty.

My distance judgement is awful. I know its me, but I cannot figure it out. Its a nightmare on fast greens. I may put it up for sale and look for a used X5R. Had such high hopes. I have changed butt weights from 50 to 25 to 75g. Still awful.

Unfortunate to hear that! I will give mine a go tomorrow night it should arrive tomorrow.

Ping 10k Driver

Ping 430 Hybrid 19 

Titleist T150 4-PW PX LZ 6.0

SM10 Nickle 52F 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

I picked up an ER5 last week. I must say this putter is amazing. Been on the practice green (no full round yet) and hitting putts with this putter almost appears like cheating. Distance control on mishits is just awesome and it is not marketing hype. I have intentionally tried hitting putts off the heel and toe and then centre and they mostly roll to about the same place.

The feedback mechanism on mishits is good too as the sound off the centre of the face vs. heel/toe is different so a golfer can clearly identify the strike.

I have had a Ketsch this year and putted horribly after selling my Newport. I am really enthusiastic about this putter and putting this in play.

Like a dummy, I just discovered that the two dots are "functional", and per their website, are intended to be used on breaking putts.

I was wondering how much "adjustment" do you guys use the dots for? I missed 4 putts yesterday, (2) L to R, and (2) R to L, where I missed it on the high side while using the dots. Wondering if I used them "too" much.

Thanks.

My ER2 came last night (lefty!). I had been playing a toe-up #1 for about 1 year before this. They aren't even in the same zip code as one-another. I'm absolutely pumped to get this thing out on the course. The putter just oozes quality, and the roll (on my carpet) was impressive to say the least.

I'm getting emotional just thinking about it.

I have been gaming an ER1 since middle of 2016. It has done wonders for my putting and I really feel confident whenever I pull it from the bag.

On a whim, I decided to try a Scotty Cameron Newport 2. I really can't put my finger on what it is about the Scotty but I seem to be able to judge the distance better than with the ER1. I've been using the Scotty for only two rounds, but there is definitely something going on because my putts per hole has been coming down. This is one of the things that I track on all my rounds. Of course, we all know that just because your putts are coming down does not necessarily mean you are putting better. It could be your putting the ball closer to the hole on your approach shots.

At any rate, I'm headed to Laughlin, NV for a week and plan to take the Scotty with me to see how it performs. I'll play at least two rounds while there... maybe three.

I do have to say that the adjustment from the ER1 to the Scotty was almost negligible.

I must be crazy to make a change like this, but in some of my putting practices, I've been getting the ball to do exactly what I wanted it to do. I have noticed that with the ER1 if I miss, it's normally because I'm short. With the Scotty, I am not leaving anything short. It's a lighter head (I think the Scotty is 350g and the ER1 is 370g), but I think I get a better swing with the Scotty.

Got my ER5 out on the course for the first time yesterday afternoon, I absolutely loved it. So easy to line up, excellent distance control and great feel. Played 9 holes with 18 putts and 2 3 putts. I know it's not great but it's better than I had been doing with my last putter. Could have easily had 15 putts if it wasn't for a couple bad strokes. I can't wait to get back out on the course with it.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5