Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

After playing a little more then a dozen rounds, side by side with a variety of different balls, I have come to the very unscientific conclusion of this.

If you put a good swing on it the K-Sig is just as good , and maybe a bit longer then any good tour ball out there. And also if you put a crappy swing on it, it is just as crappy as any cheap ball out there.

So for different people it is a great ball, and for others it is crap. To each his own.

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik 5 wood
Callaway Mavrik Irons 

Mavrik hybrids
Odyssey White Hot RX 7 putter

Maxfli tour S

Yup, I've been watching the supply dwindle for over a month. They shall rise again very soon.

I am guessing they are getting ready for fathers day. They usually have what ever Callaway they carry on sale for $24.99 a double dozen. Last time I made my visit (early this week) they moved all the sporting goods , including the Callaway Superhot 55 to the front of the store.

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik 5 wood
Callaway Mavrik Irons 

Mavrik hybrids
Odyssey White Hot RX 7 putter

Maxfli tour S

So i just finished playing 18. 9 with the K-Sig and 9 with a pro v1. I wanted a direct comparison, so here is the summary.....shot 46, 39 for an 85. lost 3 sigs on the front but no pro v 1's lost on the back

the temp was in the mid 60's all round with winds around 12-15mph. Here is what i found.....

sigs - the feel was different than the pro v and do not seem to explode off the club face as much. Distances were not very consistent between the two balls and the feel wasn't as nice. The balls I lost "seemed" to spin sideways a lot more than what I am used to. I never slice but do push the ball on occasion. The sig went much further to the right than the pro v...not sure why but it had a different "look" to the shot. the lost balls were ~ 30-35 feet off target. The same hit with a prov found the rough, not the woods. I am not sure why because obviously I cannot measure side spin or anything like that, but the ball was a lot less consistent off the tee

Around the green it was fine....no issues either way. I do not back spin the ball a lot, so the differences between the two balls were minimal....maybe someone else can speak to that.

Iron shots felt a lot better with the prov....consistency was the key...i hit my 7 iron ~ 155 - 160 with a pure strike so I am not a huge long hitter, but the ksig was either shorter or longer and more off center on iron shots.

Putting was the same for both....

i scored better on the back but i have no idea if it was ball related or not...my short game was better on the back after the weather warmed up a bit....

for me, the ksig is inconsistent when doing a direct comparison....if i was JUST playing the sig, I am sure I would adapt to the ball and correct any issues, but the feel wasn't for me....when comparing prices of the balls, obviously the sig is where you get the value.....$45 per dzn of titleist is outrageous and i cannot afford to play them every single day....if i lose a sig, im like "no big deal". if i lose a prov, i feel like someone just stole my paycheck..... take it for what its worth, which is nothing im sure, i just wanted to share my experience today

You lose three balls and blame the ball? Interesting... I need to start doing that.

And I read it differently. He needs to pick different lines if 30-35 FEET off target, as he relates, is a lost ball.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

Lol, NSX GUY, not sure how you accomplish this but every time I attempt to respond to one of your posts there is something interesting in them that blocks the response due quote quantity? Even after deleting content, same message.

As far as absurd claims in that review:

Ball does not "explode off the clubface" as much as the prov1..(due to USGA limits we all know all balls are extremely close in this regard). This would take quite the skill set to detect a differential in initial launch velocity, and for anybody that's played/reviewed the ball (or any tour ball), well this is just silly..

The ball jumps to the right? off the face, since he NEVER SLICES. This is a very interesting golf ball characteristic.

Some reference data:

MGS test

Golfballtest.org

Multiple reviewers tests with launch monitor data

Rick Shiels review

Peter Finch review

Crossfields review

Golf Digest gold....lol

A very significant majority of reviewers here.

20+ rounds with K-Sig myself. (Played Titleist a lot and like both the prov1, and prov1x for different reasons.)...I'm OK with anyone dismissing my opinion btw and I have made no claims of any exceptional performance characteristics of the Kirkland. My opinion is very grounded.

None of the above noted problems with the ball somehow launching right, or somehow coming off the face in such decreased velocity as to be detectable by the person hitting it. That takes some seriously calibrated senses for the range all tour balls likely fall within.

maybe if you quoted things accurately, the discussion would remain on point? just a thought. NSX guy got the quotes right and I was just stating observations I encountered. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it is what it is. Just my opinion worth about 2 cents. if I said I loved the ksigs and they were amazing, I'm sure you would have liked that better. Id love to be a ksig fanboi, but they just aren't that good to me.

Lol, NSX GUY, not sure how you accomplish this but every time I attempt to respond to one of your posts there is something interesting in them that blocks the response due quote quantity? Even after deleting content, same message.

Ball does not "explode off the clubface" as much as the prov1..(due to USGA limits we all know all balls are extremely close in this regard). This would take quite the skill set to detect a differential in initial launch velocity, and for anybody that's played/reviewed the ball (or any tour ball), well this is just silly..

The ball jumps to the right? off the face, since he NEVER SLICES. This is a very interesting golf ball characteristic.

Some reference data:

MGS test

Golfballtest.org

Rick Shiels review

Peter Finch review

Crossfields review

Golf Digest gold....lol

20+ rounds with K-Sig myself. (Played Titleist a lot and like both the prov1, and prov1x for different reasons.)...I'm OK with anyone dismissing my opinion btw and I have made no claims of any exceptional performance characteristics of the Kirkland. My opinion is very grounded.

None of the above noted problems with the ball somehow launching right, or somehow coming off the face in such decreased velocity as to be detectable by the person hitting it. That takes some seriously calibrated senses for the range all tour balls likely fall within.

I think tsecor is really Judge Smails. What evidence do I have? Both NEVER SLICE.

On a different, note I realize my Explodometer needs to be re-calibrated because nothing has been exploding off my clubface all season.

"dont count that..winter rules"

Some reference data:

MGS test

Golfballtest.org

Rick Shiels review

Peter Finch review

Crossfields review

Golf Digest gold....lol

I think tsecor is really Judge Smails. What evidence do I have? Both NEVER SLICE.

On a different, note I realize my Explodometer needs to be re-calibrated because nothing has been exploding off my clubface all season.

I knew it!!!!!!!!!! You are Judge Smails. Can I have your autograph?

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Some reference data:

MGS test

Golfballtest.org

Rick Shiels review

Peter Finch review

Crossfields review

Golf Digest gold....lol

I knew it!!!!!!!!!! You are Judge Smails. Can I have your autograph?

Smails.jpg

So i just finished playing 18. 9 with the K-Sig and 9 with a pro v1. I wanted a direct comparison, so here is the summary.....shot 46, 39 for an 85. lost 3 sigs on the front but no pro v 1's lost on the back

the temp was in the mid 60's all round with winds around 12-15mph. Here is what i found.....

sigs - the feel was different than the pro v and do not seem to explode off the club face as much. Distances were not very consistent between the two balls and the feel wasn't as nice. The balls I lost "seemed" to spin sideways a lot more than what I am used to. I never slice but do push the ball on occasion. The sig went much further to the right than the pro v...not sure why but it had a different "look" to the shot. the lost balls were ~ 30-35 feet off target. The same hit with a prov found the rough, not the woods. I am not sure why because obviously I cannot measure side spin or anything like that, but the ball was a lot less consistent off the tee

Around the green it was fine....no issues either way. I do not back spin the ball a lot, so the differences between the two balls were minimal....maybe someone else can speak to that.

Iron shots felt a lot better with the prov....consistency was the key...i hit my 7 iron ~ 155 - 160 with a pure strike so I am not a huge long hitter, but the ksig was either shorter or longer and more off center on iron shots.

Putting was the same for both....

i scored better on the back but i have no idea if it was ball related or not...my short game was better on the back after the weather warmed up a bit....

for me, the ksig is inconsistent when doing a direct comparison....if i was JUST playing the sig, I am sure I would adapt to the ball and correct any issues, but the feel wasn't for me....when comparing prices of the balls, obviously the sig is where you get the value.....$45 per dzn of titleist is outrageous and i cannot afford to play them every single day....if i lose a sig, im like "no big deal". if i lose a prov, i feel like someone just stole my paycheck..... take it for what its worth, which is nothing im sure, i just wanted to share my experience today

You lose three balls and blame the ball? Interesting... I need to start doing that.

And I read it differently. He needs to pick different lines if 30-35 FEET off target, as he relates, is a lost ball.

did you read this part? "i scored better on the back but i have no idea if it was ball related or not"

Im just outlining my experience with the ball. Thanks for the coaching tips with lines. I probably was way off target early on in the round. The ones who say I blame the ball are just hating. :)

Yup, I've been watching the supply dwindle for over a month. They shall rise again very soon.

I am guessing they are getting ready for fathers day. They usually have what ever Callaway they carry on sale for $24.99 a double dozen. Last time I made my visit (early this week) they moved all the sporting goods , including the Callaway Superhot 55 to the front of the store.

I think they move things (except refrigerated / frozen products) around every few months. Makes the customers go down aisles they normally don't to re-find their normal items, and will discover "new" items.

I think they move things (except refrigerated / frozen products) around every few months. Makes the customers go down aisles they normally don't to re-find their normal items, and will discover "new" items.

They sure do that, but the stack of Callaway Hex balls is getting smaller by the day.

BACK IN STOCK IN CONNECTICUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................

psyche

There's a difference between humor and being an arse. You won't see humor when you look in a mirror.

that's really uncalled for......

You clearly don't like the ball and that's perfectly fine, I respect you and your opinion. But picture the person reading your post on a cell. They could have the false hope that they're actually back in stock and your intention to deceive is unwarranted.

Costco refers to the practice as a "treasure hunt." They've had it in practice since at least the late 90s when my relative joined the company.

psyche

There's a difference between humor and being an arse. You won't see humor when you look in a mirror.

You clearly don't like the ball and that's perfectly fine, I respect you and your opinion. But picture the person reading your post on a cell. They could have the false hope that they're actually back in stock and your intention to deceive is unwarranted.

it was just a joke Dave...hence the word Psyche.....if I wanted to do what you thought i did, i wouldn't have put the word psyche there and been a real jerk, but it was just to have some fun with all you guys.

psyche

School must be out in Connecticut.

only if you are in AP classes....:)

psyche

Imagine this Law and Order episode: tsecor pulls this nonsense and a guy jumps in his car racing to Costco to get some Ksigs. He is killed in an accident that only came about because of tsecor's deception. I would love to see McKoy make him pay for his hoax. Negligent homicide!

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

psyche

Imagine this Law and Order episode: tsecor pulls this nonsense and a guy jumps in his car racing to Costco to get some Ksigs. He is killed in an accident that only came about because of tsecor's deception. I would love to see McKoy make him pay for his hoax. Negligent homicide!

Would like to have Alana de la Garza cross examine me.

14166701791.jpg

psyche

it was just a joke Dave...hence the word Psyche.....if I wanted to do what you thought i did, i wouldn't have put the word psyche there and been a real jerk, but it was just to have some fun with all you guys.

psyche

and then the defense lawyer says "can you read?".....and the jury laughs and the judge throws it out of court.....

psyche

Or you and I are playing together as partners and instead of punching the ball under a tree towards the green I decide to play out sideways onto the fairway and try to pitch it close for a possible par. Instead, you suggest I punch it under the tree to get it closer to the green and maybe even on.

I hit the punch shot you suggested. It hits an electrical box, comes back at me, hits me in the head and kills me.

YOU are under arrest - negligent homicide. Time to lawyer up - :telephone: :tease:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

The thread has become worthless. No new quality information beyond spicy pickles has been exchanged in a long time.. At this point not sure Costco is even releasing another batch of the K-sig.

We've never been sure until the moment each batch has been released.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted