MEMBER REVIEWS: The BIG TaylorMade TP5 / TP5x ball testing thread

HipCheck

I'm interested to see if any other high ball/spin players have the issues I've had with this TP5x, especially with wind.

As soon as i can get out and play (just got 3" of snow) i'll report back if you're still looking for feedback.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see if any other high ball/spin players have the issues I've had with this TP5x, especially with wind.

Sorry didn't see your previous post. I am exactly what you describe.

For me this ball is even higher launching than my normal ProV1x, although I think they wind does not hurt it as much.

As far as spin I can't back this thing up for s*** (maybe a foot) and I am someone who rips PooV1x' off the greens.

I finally got to get out and played yesterday to prep for a tournament this coming Monday. So did not use the new TP5x on every hole yet but did try it on 3 holes and compared it to the Lethal's I play. I also compared the TP5x, Lethal’s and the B330S' on the putting and chipping green.

A little about me. My index right now is bouncing around 6.6-7. My strengths are shots inside 100 yards and putting. Swing speed is 105-108ish.

I have to start by saying the Lethal's have been my go golf ball for a few years. It just fits my swing really well. Love the ball flight and feel. Even had a fitter tell me that the Lethal was the best ball for me over the B330S he recommended as a replacement if I could not find the Lethal’s any longer.

Driving: Unfortunately I was not driving the ball very well today so I will reserve this part of the review until after the tournament and give it more time.

Irons: Here the TP5x surprised me. The ball just seemed to rocket off of the face of the club. Each shot I tried with an iron was a good 10 yards further that the Lethal. My go to shot at 100 yds out is a 9 o’clock pitching wedge swing. With it I can get the great low one hop and stop shot and be fairly accurate. I hit the TP5x and it went 115 yards just off the back fringe. The ball seemed very hot off the face. I will follow up more on this also when I can get out on the course late in the afternoon with no one behind to really test side by side and hit multiple same shots with both golf balls.

Chipping: This is where I did not notice any real difference between the TP5x and the Lethal’s. To me they both felt the same softness and roll out seemed to be the same. Both of them I could easily spin to stop quickly or hit a shot to have them release. Which is great for me as I really like the feel of the Lethal’s.

Putting: To me there was again no real difference between the TP5x and the Lethal in terms of feel. Both have a great soft feel but does not feel dead. I was using a 2 ball ProType that is a milled putter.

I will post more as I get out again next week on my local course and can hit multiple balls on each hole to compare.

I was shipped the tp5 and purchased the x. I've been using the nike rzn black, which btw is the most under rated under the radar ball ever. None the less the tp5x stands out in an interesting way. I have never seen a ball go as far down wind than the tp5x. I mean it's a joke. Today, the x was 20 yards longer than the tp5 or the nike rzn black. The x was in areas I never reached...ever. The tp5 is noticeably softer off irons and putter than the x. The x seems to curve a bit less than the tp5. More to come later. Driver ss is 103. Scratch hcp.

Got these and hit them for the first time today. Balls just rocket off the irons at an uncontrollable trajectory. So unpredictable in the wind with flyers coming every once in a while. I'll test more tomorrow but I really didn't like this ball profile for my game. I wouldn't play these based on the uncontrollable flight with the irons alone.

Taylormade M1 440, Fujikura Atmos TS Black 70 TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade M2 Tour T3 12*, Atmos TS Black 80TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade P7-TW 3-PW, DG TI X100
Vokey SM7 56.14F / 60.12D, DG S400
Byron Morgan 615

Don't have time for a full review this morning .. I got a dozen of the X

Only one round under my belt so far here in Surfside Beach ... Prestwick GC

Early impressions

- incredible wind ball. 30k gusts yesterday and I hit a lot of into the wind and crosswind knockdowns - Ball does not balloon and holds it line incredibly well

- nice subtle click when putting

- a few monster drives at sea level yesterday ... 2nd hole was 430 and I had 115 left. Went thru the fairway (first time ever on that hole)

- the twin and nephew raved about green side spin when chipping

Off to River Club in 10 mins

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Got in a full 18 with one this morning and allowed another single digit to take one. Mine was the #1 ball and his a #2.

I ended up hitting it out of the sand three times and it hit a tree also - so now I can provide a more informed impression regarding the ball's durability.

For each of the following a "5" is perfect and as good as it gets. A "1" is the lowest.

Distance - 4

Spin/Irons - 4

Spin/Wedges - 5

Feel/irons - 5

Feel/putter - 4

Durability - 4

Overall - 4

My friend liked the distance, durability, and the spin off of the wedges. But he said it would take some time to get used to how the ball felt versus his normal Pro V. And, because the ball definitely went higher, he lost distance on a couple of shots directly into the wind.

I can finally give a solid summary of my thoughts and whether or not I would purchase these versus my "normal gamer".

These are awesome balls. High quality, well designed, and they perform. But, and this is a HUGE consideration, they are a little more costly than my current gamers and I am just not 100% certain that they are worth the additional price at least for me personally.

I will continue to do some performance testing with my remaining balls and may reconsider. I look forward to going out after work soon onto an empty course and playing both balls side-by-side for 9 holes to see how things go.

Note that in the pics below you can see the damages done by sand shots by both myself and my buddy who tried one. In fairness mine went through a lot and I have to admit I loved the spin out of the sand.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Tips this morning at River ... solid track .. lots of water

Today the three of us noticed that the ball scuffed fairly easily

Spin green side continues to impress. Grabs at impact vs 1st bounce ... may be the Bermuda vs bent though ??

Hit all 14 fairways today !!!

Used the Malaska tip and boom ... baby power fades all day. Awesome ball w my m2 driver

Gusty again, and again very solid in crosswinds

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Was able to get out and play the ball on Friday. I was sent the TP5X, a big thank you to GolfWRX and Taylormade!!

I'm a 13 cap, 103-105 SS with the driver. Current ball is the 2017 Srixon Z Star XV.

Distance off the driver and fw's the performance was about the same. A slight edge to the TP5X distance wise, a bit of a higher ball flight for the TP5X as well.

Irons, I definitely noticed a bit more distance with the TP5X and not as much check compared to the Srixon, almost a half to full club distance, again a bit higher ball flight as well. It took a few holes to get used to the difference but once I did there was no issue at all, I just took a club less into the greens and played the roll out from the TP5X. Greens were very firm and even the Srixon wasn't stopping well.

Wedges, TP5X performed great on full wedge shots, almost identical to the Srixon but just slightly less check on the TP5X. Pitches and chips I found it to be identical to the Srixon.

Putting, I felt the TP5X to be a tad firmer off the putter, not much difference to be honest, it performed well.

Durability, very similar to the Sirxon again. TP5X had some minor scuffing after sending the ball into the desert a couple of times, nothing excess, what you'd expect from a tour quality ball.

Head to head with the Srixon, the TP5X is a very similar ball to me, which is a very solid well performing ball. I picked up a couple dozen of the Srixon trial packs, without ever having played a Srixon and was shocked how much I liked the ball. I think the TM TP5X hangs right there with the Srixon and I would have no problem going to the TP5X after I run out of Srixons. I have also played the Chrome Soft X and I find that they are very similar as well. Lots of good choices for balls out there right now, which is awesome for us.

Taylormade has a winner on their hands and again, thank you to GolfWRX and TM for the opportunity to test and play these balls!

Got out with the TP5 vs the KSig again today. The distance off my 3H, 3w and Driver was definitely a step up from the KSig, I might have just put better swings on them though. Distance wasn't much further though, may 5-ish yards it seemed which is what I saw last round too. Unfortunately my irons and chipping were not great so nothing really to say on that front. They definitely feel softer off the face but its hard for me to say how they stopped on the greens. Not as soft as a Chromesoft mind you. I didn't notice any distance differences off the irons. I did lose two of the TP5s in the water so I can also let you know they make the same sickening splash that other balls make.

Well here we go. Teed off at 7 am this morning. Decided to test the Taylormade golfballs i have in my stable since i stay committed to Taylormade products. I drink the Kool Aide and love Taylormade stuff. All that stated I went ahead and compared the Lethal, the 2016 Tour preferred and the TP5X. The reason I didn't compare the Tour preferred X is because I don't have a sleeve to test. Plain and Simple. On the course, I did have a Prov 1 X that a buddy of mine gave me a while back. I rolled a few putts with it in comparing the Tp5x on the green. Very Similar feel. Not cheap sounding which to me is a plus.

Off the tee, i did notice a different feel off the face. A better description is a softer feel. Almost comparable to the lethal which I love and still feel is the best ball TaylorMade put out for a while till now. Distance was probably with in 5 to 10 yards of what I get now with the Lethal and Tour preferred. The Tour preferred is obviously a lethal with a different name but same internals. The TP5X hits me as a different ball with the same DNA. Similar to when the Titliest ProV1 came out to replace the Titliest Professional. The Tpx5 falls along those same lines.

One definite thing I noticed about the TP5X is the solid sound coming off the face . Both off the Driver and the irons. That was one reason I never bought into the Tour preferred/ tour preferred X offering was the two piece ball feel of the tour preferred X for sure. Not as much the tour preferred but still noticeable . Chipping to me made me feel a bit like the TP5X has a little more release compared to the lethal and tour preferred golfballs. The TP5X around the green did scream a feeling of the prov1X which i don't mind at all. It will just take a little getting used to but I welcome that. Easier to control release when you know your balls not gonna bite too much. The thing I love about the TP5X that I wanted in the lethal is a cover that to me felt a little more durable. Not necessarily harder like a kirkland or a snell but more like the Bridgestone B330. That's a big plus which i noticed off the putter face. Very solid feel and was not clicky cheap feeling off my putter face. A lot of pluses that makes my decision to go all in with the TP5X that much easier.

Summary of results noticed in comparing the TP5X, Tour preferred and Lethal

Trackman Numbers. None needed since I don't play track man golf.

Yardage picked up Not much 5-10 yards

Feel showed a great improvement both off the tee and approach into the green.

Around the green showed more release which I like. Very repeatable

Putting felt a lot more solid off the face which is a big plus and was the difference maker.

Over all, this takes the Lethal to the next level which the tour preferred/tour preferred X really did not.. Kudos to Taylormade and their R&D in taking the preferences that players like myself like in a golf ball. The TP5X is the gladiator that will meet anything that Titliest or Bridgestone and even Callaway have to offer. I plan on taking the TP5X and committing to it once I clear out my supply of Lethals. I'm sold on it as a solid performer. Only wish Taylormade sent both the TP5 and TP5X together or as a spit box, half half.

Very grateful to Golfwrx and Taylormade putting this player trial on. I love them and can't wait to put them in play more often. Thanks again

Thanks for the review! That putter looks awesome, BTW. The guys from the Kingdom trip have taken to calling the DJ Spider Tour model "the Paulina" and the JDay model "the Ellie." How do you like yours so far?

So after playing the TP5 for a few rounds I feel that my review would've been completely different if I didn't test it on the simulator first! On the simulator I found that there was almost no difference between the Pro V1 and Tp5 aside from a few hundred rpm of lower spin. However now that I have had a few rounds under my belt I feel like it is definitely longer!

I hit the ball great this weekend and had many shots that were right on line but flew about a half a club or more longer than I expected.... There are a couple things in play here, I am playing new irons (but they have more loft so that should actually be the opposite) and I've been playing much more lately and am striking the ball much better. Even so even though the simulator didn't back it up I think this ball may be a half club longer than I'm used to playing.... Also been hitting a ton more putts, can't just be the ball can it? haha a ball is a ball on the green in my opinion but what ever it is I hope the putter stays hot!

For those too lazy to go back to Page 1

About me: Current index 2.0 trending the wrong way. In the last few years I have played the Lethal then the TPX. Have not had a Pro V1x as my go to in a long time. Driver SS 100. 7 Iron Distance 160-165 in warm weather (today was 90 degrees in PHX)

Balls tested Pro V1, Lethal, TPX, TP5X Pro V1x (long game only)

C6WubCDU8AAYFA6.jpg

The line up

C6wjO1yUwAA9dVP.jpg

Putter feel. All very close imo the V1 edges out in terms of softness. If I had to rank them V1, Lethal, TP5x, TPX

They were all close enough where none really stood out at being a significantly better feeling ball to me. I rolled putts of varying distance from 5 to 30 feet multiple times with each.

Short game ProV1, Lethal, TPx, TP5x = balls tested

Feel: Very similar to the putter test. I hit varying pitch/chip shots from 10 to 30 yards with two of each ball. Hit close to 100 shots in total. Wedges used Vokey TVD K grind 56 and Vokey Wedgeworks V Grind 60 both reasonably fresh grooves the 60 being the freshest. All pitch shots were hit to the same hole which was a very firm overseeded Rye grass green into a consistent slight upslope. I did this since the greens were very firm it was the most consistent slope on the green and best way for me to see spin rates. I rotated between wedges hitting different types of shots open face high and soft to square and low open face back foot spinners.

I did not find any particular ball to be a standout here.

Pro V1 most spin-not surprising I wish I had some 1x's lying around but only had a few 1's that I've found on the course, Lethal was 2nd in spin, TP5x and TPX were pretty close slight edge to the TP5x. Really very small difference between the 4 balls. On pitches of similar strike and spin the V1 stopped about 1-2 feet quicker at best. The other TM balls the difference in stopping distance was negligible. To me the most important thing is they all did what I expected them to do based on the intended shot and quality of the strike. I really wish I had access to a nice bent grass practice facility to test as bent really takes spin well and would be a better judge than firm overseed Bermuda/rye.

One round of 20 yard pitch shots. All very similar quality of strike

C6qoaN6UwAAvX6J.jpg

Iron game-Full swings. Prov 1+1x, Lethal, TPX, TP5x tested Playing on a Sunday with groups in front and behind so I had to be strategic about my comparisons.

Distance. Hit 6 irons and 8 irons on par 5's fairway to fairway while waiting for greens to clear and we had a window. Pro V1x was the shortest by a full club minimum. The TM balls were all within a half club or less of each other with the TP5x being the longer than the 2016 TPx by 1-2 yards. The Lethal was 1-2 yards behind the TPx. On the 8 iron shot the Tpx was closer to 1.5 maybe even 2 clubs longer than the Pro V1x. Both center face shots the V1x had about a 5 yard fade on it vs straight with the Tp5x. If you back out the fade still a full 1.5 club difference between them. This is one of the reasons I switched from the 1x years ago. When I lost SS when my hips went out the 1x fell off rapidly. I think you need to be closer to 110mph with driver to get the most out of the 1x.

Here is the distance gap between the Pro V1x and TP5x. The 5x is circled at the top of the pic

C6veKKPU4AA54Tn.jpg

Spin: I will need to evaluate this over a longer period. I have been fighting a very bad swing recently and got it dialed in a little with my range session yesterday. My contact was miles better today but my direction was way off and even though I was hitting center face I only hit 5 greens (plus driver was wayyyyy off). I hit cuts when I was trying to hit it straight and straight when playing for the cut. From what I could initially see it reacts very similar to the 2016 TPx. Which for me is one bounce and a little back up Wedges-9 iron, one hop stop with 8-7, a little release 6, 5-10+ yards of release with 4 and 5 irons. I did hit a very solid 52 which was at the edge of my carry window 117 to flag my max carry is 115. I hit it 115 into an up slope. It came back but did not zip way back like a higher spinning ball would. In this case, it was a good thing and I actually prefer my wedges not to zip back. Ill do some more testing with mid irons in future rounds.

Edit: Also just remembered a full PW out of light rough to a front pin that took one hop and just dropped dead on the green which was nice because it lead to my only birdie of the day and any backup would have sucked back off the false front.

Feel: The TP5x felt very similar to the 2016 to me. None of the balls really stood out as being better or worse feeling to me, honestly unless it feels like a rock or a marshmallow I'm not going to be too discerning here.

Bottom line: If you are a diehard Pro V/1x guy you owe yourself a favor to at least try the TP5x as IMO the Pro v tech has been eclipsed and it was a long time ago in my book. IF you have been playing the Bridgstone 330rx for its low spin I think you will like the TP5x as it will give you much better greenside performance than the RX gave me. For me playing the last 3 versions of the TM Tour ball it would be a stretch to say this is a game changer. Great ball and most likely will be in the bag. Significantly better than 2016 TPX? A little better not significant. If I was still playing the Pro V1x this ball would be a game changer though.

Edit: Moving forward I'm going to narrow comparisons between the 2016 TPX and TP5x. Easier to compare 2 this time of year in phx with how busy courses are. If i happen to find a fresh 1x on the course i may hit a couple more side by sides. At this point the 1x is so far out of the running it's not even worth testing against anymore.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

I finally got a chance over the weekend to test these balls out on a course I have played a handful of times. My buddy and I were with a slow twosome so I got to hit a couple shots side by side to compare the TP5 against my current gamer which is the 2016 Chromesoft (CS16).

For reference my current Handicap is about 14+/-.

Driver: Off the driver it felt about the same as the CS16 however the driver spin seemed to be a little less. The hits felt the same but the TP5 was straighter and a bit longer due to cutting a bit less. (Take this with a grain of salt since my driver is my weakest club so mishits and offcenter could also have had a greater impact than the ball itself).

Irons: TP5 takes the cake with Irons. I was getting more distance (about 5yards) with all the clubs. I really liked the feel of this ball off the face of the irons. It felt really soft and easy to work. The CS16 is also really good in these respects, but the TP5 was just working out better for me. Ball flight was about the same for the two; fairly high.

Wedges: TP5 had loads more spin for me. I was able to spin this back and check it up much quicker than the CS16.

Putting: I liked the TP5 for putting as it felt really soft but I couldnt tell much of a difference from the CS16. If blindfolded, I honestly dont know if I would be able to tell the difference between the two.

I will update this as I get a few more rounds in with them and continue to game them a bit more.

I got to play Friday and sunday morning, Friday was very windy and Sunday the wind picked up on the back 9.

Once again this ball just kills it in the wind, it is easily 10 yards longer into a head wind than anything else I have played. I am not sure why but this ball just cuts through the head wind and equally impressive on cross winds. It holds the line very well, but we didn't really have a whole lot of downwind shots so I am not sure there. There is about a 7-10 yard distance gain over the B330 off the driver for me and 2-3 yards on irons, so nothing really there to speak of.

The feel is not overly soft like the chrome soft but more in line with a b330, which I prefer. I liked the chrome soft but the ball just spun too much. This is about perfect as far as spin for me and how I like. Irons are drop and stop and the wedges do not rip back. The green side spin is very good on these but like any other ball you better nip it perfect or you will get a little roll out. You can also play a lower running shot without having it grab and stop which is why I never liked the prov1, it always wanted to grab on me.

The durability is top notch so far. I have played 3 rounds with 3 balls and they are barely marked up, except the one that took some bounces down a cart path, and all balls get marked up on the path, it's just the way it is. I am really enjoying this ball, the only problem is I am down to 6 after giving some away to get other opinions. I would game this ball in a heartbeat once my supply of b330's runs out, and I am not just saying that because I was selected. I think this ball is just about as perfect as I could have asked for. Great job TM, now just quit changing the names every year.

Initial impressions of the TP5x: This thing just wants to hold it's line all day long. I played in some pretty heavy winds (15-20 mph sustained, 30 mph gusts) and it did not impact the ball as suspected. It really excelled in cross winds and was great directly into the wind as well. Irregardless of wind, it still wanted to hold it's line. It spun as expected from a tour ball. Really want to test this further and be able to hit side by side with a Pro v1x and the Lethals.

More of this to come...

7 hcp

108 SS

Gamer: TM Lethal

TM Stealth2+ - Diamana S+ 6x
17' TM M2 15* 3 wood - Tensei Blue 7x
Nike VR Forged Combo 3-PW - Hard stepped Project X 6.0
TM MG Wedges - 52, 58
Custom Nike Oven Method 006, Toulon Las Vegas

Guys where did your packages come from? FedEx tried to deliver a package to me recently that I had no reason to be receiving, so I'm thinking maybe it could be a few boxes of these balls for testing?

Fed EX.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Guys where did your packages come from? FedEx tried to deliver a package to me recently that I had no reason to be receiving, so I'm thinking maybe it could be a few boxes of these balls for testing?

Fed EX.

Yeah but where was it originated from? Package size/weight? I don't think these balls fit the package size and weight but I checked my Amazon and Ebay buying history and I wasn't expecting any packages at all. This is the only thing it could potentially be. Bad news though, they tried to deliver it and I was never there (required signature? I don't know why) and shipped whatever it was back to sender. I'm guessing it's not these because why would I need to sign for a few dozen golf balls?

Fed EX.

Yeah but where was it originated from? Package size/weight? I don't think these balls fit the package size and weight but I checked my Amazon and Ebay buying history and I wasn't expecting any packages at all. This is the only thing it could potentially be. Bad news though, they tried to deliver it and I was never there (required signature? I don't know why) and shipped whatever it was back to sender. I'm guessing it's not these because why would I need to sign for a few dozen golf balls?

South Carolina? 1.6lbs. I dont think mine was signature required, wife was home at the time so not 100% there.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

I've been playing the TM golf balls primarily during the early spring and fall and have used every iteration of their ball from the Penta - Tour Preferred X. Haven't had a chance to play the new ball as of yet and won't be playing golf anytime soon but hopefully in 5-6 weeks I'll be cleared to play. The only thing right now that I don't like about the the NEW TM ball is the graphics. I like using the script ( <<Tour Preferred X>> ) and the ( <Pro V1 X> ) when using the balls but the TP5X just looks bulky. Who knows maybe I'll get use to it but if I was going to find something to knit pick it would be Taylormade's Script on the new ball. I didn't get a chance to read many reviews as of yet but I wonder if I'm the only one who feels this way about something so remedial. Oh well I know I'll still try them, but I still really like the Lethal so I may just keep playing that ball for as long as its available.

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

Initial impressions of the TP5x: This thing just wants to hold it's line all day long. I played in some pretty heavy winds (15-20 mph sustained, 30 mph gusts) and it did not impact the ball as suspected. It really excelled in cross winds and was great directly into the wind as well. Irregardless of wind, it still wanted to hold it's line. It spun as expected from a tour ball. Really want to test this further and be able to hit side by side with a Pro v1x and the Lethals.

More of this to come...

7 hcp

108 SS

Gamer: TM Lethal

This was my experience with the TP5x last weekend, as well. The ball simply did not want to move even though there was solid 15-20mph crosswind. I felt like I could simply step up and hit the shot I wanted to play.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Unfortunately I haven't had a windy day to play it in. This will be my final test as I enjoy it in every other way. The last thing to do is test it in wind as living in Charleston that is something I play in a lot. Now we have a slight cold spell and I don't really want to get out haha. Just kidding. I'll be out Thursday more than likely.

Forever Changing at this point.......

I spent 9 holes yesterday playing 2 balls through the hole - hitting a shot each with the TP5 and the ProV1. Not a huge sample size, but I will say there was not a single iron shot where I hit the TP5 shorter, and there were several long iron shots where I was a full club or more longer. I've said it several times in this and the Kingdom thread, but I absolutely love how this ball feels and sounds off all of the clubs. I can't wait to actually get some real time with these to get used to distances and really see how they impact my game.

I spent 9 holes yesterday playing 2 balls through the hole - hitting a shot each with the TP5 and the ProV1. Not a huge sample size, but I will say there was not a single iron shot where I hit the TP5 shorter, and there were several long iron shots where I was a full club or more longer. I've said it several times in this and the Kingdom thread, but I absolutely love how this ball feels and sounds off all of the clubs. I can't wait to actually get some real time with these to get used to distances and really see how they impact my game.

I'm getting greater distance gains with the TP5!

I somehow have missed your past and my laptop is acting up so searching for it isn't working well.

I assume you had problems with the wind killing your ball too? I'm a moonball hitter - even my knockdowns are towering meteors. My 4i goes father than most peoples' in no wind, but I bet I get it as high as most peoples' 7 irons. Great for when the wind is down, I can hold any green...but when the wind is up it plays merry havoc with my ball and I hate it.