Taylormade P790 Irons

trhode

I suspect that most of the longer delays are being caused by shaft availability.... but I have not heard any confirmation of that suspicion.

Not according to the Custom Shop on the TaylorMade site. The 4-PW heads aren't available until mid-November.

TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.75"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (2024)

My WITB Post

Had great results with mine today. These clubs take some time to get used to them and I've only given them 2 range sessions and 18 holes. Found them to be really really forgiving on my thin misses today even though they feel terrible when hit low on the face. I hit some shots that just give you that WOW moment. I also found them to be very controllable on yardages. I am not seeing a large of a gain on course as I saw on the monitor but it was windy today. I let a friend hit them and he was amazed. Hitting 200 yard 6 irons. That's good for us normal folks.

I suspect that most of the longer delays are being caused by shaft availability.... but I have not heard any confirmation of that suspicion.

That was they told me the Modus Tour 105 was the culprit. I preorder my set Sept 01 and got it Sept 25th. They told the head was ready and just waiting for the shaft. I have my set custom 1 deg up.

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

That was they told me the Modus Tour 105 was the culprit. I preorder my set Sept 01 and got it Sept 25th. They told the head was ready and just waiting for the shaft. I have my set custom 1 deg up.

It is not now, as of now, all right handed 790 heads are backordered until end of November. Read my reply #884.

wow really

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

You can place an order if you'd like! Check out our landing page for the TaylorMade P790 &P730s!!!

http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/sp/taylormade/taylormade-p790-p730-irons-3.html

[b]Fairway Golf Online Store[/b] :golfer:
Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

Ordered mine Aug. 28th, just shipped today.

3-PW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95's

10.5* Cobra LTDx Driver w/ Veylix Alpina Shaft

14.5 * Taylormade Stealth + Fairway wood w/ Veylix Rome Shaft

19.0* Callaway Rogue ST Max w/ Graphite Design Tour AD 75 shaft

4-PW Callaway Apex 21 w/ Accra steel 105g shafts

Edison Wedges w/ Accra Steel 115g shafts (49*, 54*, 59*)

SIK C-Series Pro Putter w/ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar Shaft

Went to a Taylormade fitting at Edwin Watts on September 22nd. Got fitted for set of P790 irons. Was initially told that the shipping date would be 7 to 10 days. I called Taylormade to check on their progress and was then told that I would not be receiving my irons until NOVEMBER 29TH!!! To say the least I am extremely displeased with this situation! Pay $1,300.00 for a set of irons and then be told it will be more than 2months from fitting date before I get them!!!WHAT!!! Anyone else!!!

Read my reply #872. About 2-3 weeks ago before my club pro scheduled the TM fitting for yesterday, they convinced me to wait until this fitting. So I did wait until this stupid f*cking fitting and my penalty is that they moved the delivery date from end of Sept to first of December. Even though TM rep told him 2-3 weeks ago it will not be delayed.

Screw them. That is a strong statement from long time TaylorMade fan as multiple champion in many amateur golf tournaments.

They made a multiple amateur champion wait...? I'm appalled...

Went to a Taylormade fitting at Edwin Watts on September 22nd. Got fitted for set of P790 irons. Was initially told that the shipping date would be 7 to 10 days. I called Taylormade to check on their progress and was then told that I would not be receiving my irons until NOVEMBER 29TH!!! To say the least I am extremely displeased with this situation! Pay $1,300.00 for a set of irons and then be told it will be more than 2months from fitting date before I get them!!!WHAT!!! Anyone else!!!

Read my reply #872. About 2-3 weeks ago before my club pro scheduled the TM fitting for yesterday, they convinced me to wait until this fitting. So I did wait until this stupid f*cking fitting and my penalty is that they moved the delivery date from end of Sept to first of December. Even though TM rep told him 2-3 weeks ago it will not be delayed.

Screw them. That is a strong statement from long time TaylorMade fan as multiple champion in many amateur golf tournaments.

They made a multiple amateur champion wait...? I'm appalled...

lol. he doesn't post often, but when he does he picks his spots

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I'm guessing they are selling more than they expected, most likely thanks to the PXG lawsuit. A club PXG says is as good as theirs for less than half? Everyone jumped in. Just how it goes when there is a new release that sells better than expected.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

I got the same answer from Titleist in may, when I ordered my AP2´s. They were backordered with 2 month with the 105, but i could get the clubs with 120 in 7 days. In north of Norway the golfing season lasts from may-september, so I went with the 120. GREAT shafts, but NOT the same results as the 105, so after the season I sold the AP2 with 120 and am scheduled for a fitting (in south of Norway) at oct. 27. Yes, it is a 2000Km travel for me to get fitted. I have my eyes on the 765 and P790. I think one of those would be right for me!

Callaway Rogue driver 10.5 Kuro Kage
Callaway Rogue 5 wood ADDI
Callaway Rogue 7 wood ADDI
Titleist 818 H1 21 Tensei CK
PXG 0311 5-W ACCRA 80i
Titleist 50 ACCRA 90i
Titleist 54 KBS Hi-Rev2
Nike Vr 58 KBS Hi-Rev
Scotty Cameron Futura 5X Circle-T

Feel lucky to have mine. After I ordered on 9/11, I was told no issues with my model of Modus and I would have them by 9/21. They showed up 9/27. My buddy was going to order him a set and had his pro check. TM told him they had all the heads except the 9 iron. It was the hold up and back ordered and he wouldn't be able to get his set until November. Maybe they got the 9 iron heads in sooner than expected.

It is not now, as of now, all right handed 790 heads are backordered until end of November. Read my reply #884.

wow really

Just checked...it may be a bit of both certain heads and shafts. For example, if you order stock stiff shafts right now with a 4-PW,AW they are in stock ready for shipment. (see below)

Agree with Dpavs. It looks like 105 in stiff or x stiff, standard everything else, is still available.

Possibly made up a bunch of stock sets for the launch and those are Still available at the moment. Anything at all custom is going to be a wait.

For all those being impatient....perhaps buy a stock set and have your shop change the lie angles and/or grips if that's all that needs to be "customized".

Different shafts or longer shafts? Might be snow on the ground when they arrive.

Of course....I tend to forget that half the people on this site refuse to play a "stock" shaft. LOL.

Off the rack? Blasphemy!

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Has anyone weakened the lofts on these? I'm thinking about getting the 4 iron as a driving iron but bringing the loft down from 21 degrees to 23

I had mine bent 2 degrees weak. I read the shafts are a bit longer from TM standard and read reviews about distance gains. I'm hitting these very similar distances to my 14 Apex long irons.

Has anyone weakened the lofts on these? I'm thinking about getting the 4 iron as a driving iron but bringing the loft down from 21 degrees to 23

I had mine bent 2 degrees weak. I read the shafts are a bit longer from TM standard and read reviews about distance gains. I'm hitting these very similar distances to my 14 Apex long irons.

Per the Taylormade website... they are not longer in length in steel shafts than the other 700 series clubs. All 700 series steel shafted 7 irons are spec'd at 36.75". Graphite shafts in the 790's are a quarter of an inch longer at 37".

Per the Taylormade website... they are not longer in length in steel shafts than the other 700 series clubs. All 700 series steel shafted 7 irons are spec'd at 36.75". Graphite shafts in the 790's are a quarter of an inch longer at 37".

Thanks for the clarification. I was misinformed.

Thanks for the clarification. I was misinformed.

It's kind of the way they have the specs listed on the site I think. There is one line for steel shafts and one line for graphite and if someone just looked quickly it would be very easy to read the graphite specs and think they are the same for both.

I had a hit of the P790 the other day I also hit Mizuno JPX 900 forged, MP 18SC, Callaway Apex, Nike Vapor pro and also the ping. I ruled out the Mp 18 (bit disappointed really loved the look of it), callaway and ping just didn't feel as nice as the the others.

This left me with the Nike, P790 and Jpx. Now I was hitting a 6 iron in the mizuno and was getting the same distance to the TM and nike which were 7 irons which is understandable with the loft differences. The P790 felt really nice and i was able to strike the quite pure and only 1 shank ? but also loved hitting the mizuno so now stuck between the both of them.

I had a hit of the P790 the other day I also hit Mizuno JPX 900 forged, MP 18SC, Callaway Apex, Nike Vapor pro and also the ping. I ruled out the Mp 18 (bit disappointed really loved the look of it), callaway and ping just didn't feel as nice as the the others.

This left me with the Nike, P790 and Jpx. Now I was hitting a 6 iron in the mizuno and was getting the same distance to the TM and nike which were 7 irons which is understandable with the loft differences. The P790 felt really nice and i was able to strike the quite pure and only 1 shank �� but also loved hitting the mizuno so now stuck between the both of them.

You do know that the loft differences between the 790's and the 900F's is only .5 on the 7i, right?

Also in steel shafts the length of the two are the same.

The JPX900F 6i is lofted at 27* and the P790 7i is lofted at 30.5... so by all rights you should have been hitting the 900F 6i farther. Ergo the 790 was definitely providing you more distance club for club.

I don't know why there seems to be this assumption that the 790 lofts are jacked more than other GI clubs... because they are not. (G400 e.g. is 30.0 on 7i so it is actually .5 stronger than the 790)

Thanks for all the responses if I am looking for higher launch is there other shafts I should consider other than the Kbs tour 90 andXP95?

Project X LZ

Modus 125/120x if available. Best iron shaft on the market imo.

I don't know anyone who would classify the Modus 125 and 120 as high launch shafts. The 125 is mid and the 120 is a low launch shaft for many players.

modus 105 would be right here, wouldn't it

similar weight to what was asked and at least mid launch

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

Thanks for all the responses if I am looking for higher launch is there other shafts I should consider other than the Kbs tour 90 andXP95?

modus 130 is what i got- wanted the exact same result as you as i tend to hit the ball low. just hit w them on the range for the first time, and i liked the ball flight

this is what the TM fitters suggested at a demo day

which flex of the 130 did you get?

what is your sspeed on say 6 iron or driver for reference

much appreciated

going same way I think

thanks

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

Are these out in the UK yet? No sign of these or the 730 blades..

Due out on the 16th October, Just ordered my set on Friday. Hoping they won’t be back ordered here as they appear to be in the States...

As per normal here in the UK, we seem to be a month behind the States, not sure why, as we are in a modern world, new products should be available wherever you happen to be at the same time....