*UPDATE in OP* Buyer ( markjinc ) Saying He Didn't Buy My Putter But He's Selling It On BST

Skhacker

Kinda related perhaps but I had a claim with PP after a seller accidentally mislabeled my address and luckily I found it a few buildings down my block a few days later. The guy opened it (not a golfer) but he didn't seem willing to even attempt to take it to the post office or simply deliver it to me a few apartments down nor call me from the note I kept leaving on his building.

Luckily I finally caught him home and got it. Tried to tell PP it was resolved and to cancel the claim multiple times over a month before they finally released the payment to the seller. They kept telling me oh I see the notes here it's been forwarded to a manager for approval yet it still took over a month to happen so keep hounding them.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all realize the buyer has 5 negatives and 1 neutral in his feedback? He is not an upstanding member and i have him blocked for a reason

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM SIM Ti 17.5* - Tensei AV White 2.0 75TX
  • TM Stealth 2+ 20* 6 wood Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8S
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Hmm, nearly 10% less than positive feedback.. that's too high a percentage for me. I would probably be wary of dealing with him.

I was just going to say the same thing. There are enough people with 100% positive feedback to work with that it's not worth the risk.

Yes exactly. Largely this site is full of great people who all love golf, so if you're patient you can get a great deal from someone who leaves no doubt as to how they will perform throughout a transaction.

You all realize the buyer has 5 negatives and 1 neutral in his feedback? He is not an upstanding member and i have him blocked for a reason

Big problem with how feedback is displayed on this site IMO. It just displays a total score and you have to remember to click on it to see the breakdown of positive/negative/neutral. Then once you do you have to go through it page by page to find the negs/neutrals, rather than being able to click on something to pull them all up at once. So people are either unaware of any of this and just assume anyone with a feedback "score" above X is okay to deal with--or it's enough of a pain to dig out negative feedback that people get complacent and just assume anyone with a feedback "score" above Y is okay to deal with.

So yeah, this buyer has a "score" of 59. Pretty good, right? Better than mine, ain't it? He's got the fancier star, doesn't he? But his is actually 64 positives minus 5 negatives with the neutral not counting for anything, while mine is unimpeachable the whole way through. It's like on ebay anything less that 99.9%+ is a garbage seller. If someone's at 97.5% on ebay I won't even consider dealing with them. Here I'd be reluctant to deal with anyone with one negative feedback, much less five, but more than once I've forgotten to go digging through someone's feedback to look, just because it was a great deal on something I wanted that was going to within minutes and their "score" was 30 or 60 or 90 or whatever.

Surely it wouldn't be all that hard to add the coding to display feedback as a slash line? Right? And surely they can cut someone off who has had 10% of their transaction end poorly? It's not like the need to keep crappy sellers around to get their cut like on ebay, right?

Okay, that's it for my daily rant, feeling much better now. As you were, everyone.

I have also had him blocked for quite dome time.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Ummm .. not only is he not an upstanding member..

How is he not banned?

Just checked his feedback and he has 3 items purchased and never delivered not to mention the 2 other issues.

SMH

Driver - TaylorMade M2 2017 - 9.5°
Fairway - TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood - 14.5°
Hybrid - TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood - 19°
Irons - PING i15 - 4 - PW / UW
Wedges - Taylormade MG2 54° / Hi Toe 58°
Putter - Cameron Newport 2 custom

The fact that he's posted on the site as recently as this morning, but has had no desire to chime in here to explain himself tells me all I need to know. There's no doubt in my mind he's aware of this thread.

Also, how does someone accumulate so many negatives and are still able to participate on the BST? I think just one negative should be grounds for a review. 5 is kind of ridiculous, and they aren't like he took a little longer than expected to ship something or didn't provide a tracking number fast enough:

"Bought an item, returned it in DAMAGED condition and won't make it right. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!"

"Sadly not one of the good guys! Shaft arrived broken and Seller refused to make it right"

"Bad seller, sold the item to someone else, and accepted my payment. No communication. I had to threaten negative feedback in order to get response."

"Purchased putter and never received"

"Paid and never received product... cannot get a response via pm and neither could the moderators...would not buy from him..."

Yeah, he's a real credit to this site.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

My account is still being held hostage by PayPal. I've asked the buyer to put a bit more pressure on them.

Welcome to what the sellers end of most credit card terminals looks like. The banks make a percentage with every single movement of the money. And when they get a chance they will hold it a day or two. Or in your instance longer. Why ? It's sitting in a huge account making interest or being invested .

Funny ( sad) story. I know a restaurant owner ( great place to eat ) who told me that every morning when he opens his banking app he has a panic attack. He never knows how many charge backs he will have. Sure lost of days with zero. But it's so popular to dine and then call and complain that people do it all the time. Much more common at expensive establishments like his. Very rare at burger joints and pizza houses. All you have to do is not sign the receipt and then say " food was cold and or service was bad ". And you get it all back. He said he writes off $600 week on average .

What makes it so worrisome is that they pull from the merchants account without notice. He said he had to setup a separate account just for his cc deposits. To keep a chargeback from potentially crossing paths with his debits and causing an issue in accounting for the day.

My point is. People that do this on purpose should choke on a chicken bone.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

That doesn't always work, as in my case as a buyer it wouldn't let me do any of those options so I had to call and request it to be closed about four times over a month before they released funds to seller. Evrry time they said it would be done within a few days and it never was. I agree it is his responsibility to deal with PP. He may have to repay using his new card. Why he didn't just pay using PayPal Credit is beyond me. Six months zero interest.

488b48664d5826229d6577976b21a7e9.jpgd6b4cbed512746d0a2c2f099cba1af43.jpg540b904b468229cac3a3028328d9954c.jpg86aa6f62c76beda4feb7e9598eafce37.jpg

God, I hate BST now. I'm just gonna wait til the end of the season every year, have a yard sale and take whatever I get. "Sure, I'll do $20 on a mint '17 M1 with a Fuji Evo 3. Beats the BST."

WITB 2/3/16:
Driver - Golf club
3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
Irons - More Golf clubs
Wedges - Knives
Putter - wrench

This is unbelievable. The buyer is hosing you. How is he not banned from the site? He could send you a separate payment. He could s send you a check. If he can buy a button back, I hope he has sufficient cash that this wont break him...

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

I’ve resisted chiming in but I feel I should now...I have had a similar experience (although different facts)...he will throw all sorts of BS at you but never deliver...every time I see an ad I want post in to STAY AWAY...I feel for you OP and don’t believe a word he says or any promise he makes! I too am amazed he is not banned!

Hmm...Today the bag will be...<br /><br />Cobra F9 or Ping 400 LST<br /><br />F9 w/ HZRD Yellow or 16* 3446-f-Matrix 8M2<br /><br />Cobra Baffler w/ HZRD<br /><br />Machine M2A Long Neck SS Copper Insert Hand Peened<br /><br />Mizuno MP-55 & MP-5 w/ SF 110 CW<br /><br />SRIXON 765/965 5-PW w SF i95 Stiff

He has the putter for sale on a Facebook club trader page, if I am not mistaken

9d5caf9b999f86d817f1c7b6e9d2b608.jpg

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

so dude's claiming fraud on his CC but claims it was paypal's mistake to use an old card? so did Mark sell it to Damon? he's active right now and knows about the thread and has yet to comment? looks real good on his part.

where's Tyus?

tyus.jpg

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Honestly, how is this guy not banned after this? Should have been before.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Maybe putting his username in the thread title will get him to respond (and alert others).

OP posted a screenshot of his message telling the guy about this thread, which the guy responded to: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1542976-buyer-saying-he-didnt-buy-my-putter-but-hes-selling-it-on-bst/page__st__30#entry16219684 Not sure what else should be done. I'm operating under the assumption that he's aware of this thread but has no desire to post in it, but maybe I'm giving him too much credit based on his past history. Him not posting with a reasonable explanation is probably all I need to know.