2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

GIVEAWAY: Titleist Limited Edition Holiday Leather Headcovers. 1 Winner. Enter here!

Best shot was during our annual Ryder type cup matches - go into 17 one down and put the ball in a green side bunker. have to get up and down to at least extend the match for the team. I'm near the last of the matches for the team and notice a smallish crowd around the green and realize my match really matters (gulp). Not only get up and down but make the bunker shot for birdie to win the hole and go on to win the match for the point!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great head overs and another amazing giveaway fromGolfwrx .... thanks !!!

Best shot of 2017 was on my first trip to Palm Springs this Fall. #10 at Desert Springs Palm course is a par 5. Hit the drive to about 240 yds out and managed to hit a 4 wood to about 12-14 feet. Made the putt for my first eagle outside of Canada ...it was awesome. Followed it up with a few Arnold Palmers on the patio over looking the hotel pool ....perfect day !

MY best golf shot from 2017. I had to think long and hard about this since there were so many to choose from... :(

I'm not a long hitter. I drive the ball around 220 and my irons are even worse. I was sitting about 190 from the green after my tee shot was pull hooked hard left under some trees. The smart play was to bunt it out of the trees back into the fairway. I decided to play it stupid. I normally play a fade. We will call it a fade. I decided to try to hit it low under the tree with a hook to try to get it back to the fairway and advance it as close as possible to the green. I took a giant out-to-in swing with a massively closed face. The ball shot out on the perfect trajectory, low under the tree branches, and hooked out into the fairway. There must have been enough spin on it to keep it in the air because it bounded down the fairway and ended up on the green. I dont hit my mini off the deck 190 even from the fairway, much less under a tree with a giant hook. The Golf Gods were certainly smiling on my for the shot. (Of course I chunked my chip and two putted for a well deserved bogey.)

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Thanks for the opportunity, Titleist!

My best shot of 2017 was in late October, 18th hole 139 yd par 3 where one swing with a PW resulted in my ProV1X ending up in the bottom of the cup for my first hole-in-one!

Ping G400 LST 10 -  Matrix 7M3X
Callaway 5Deep - Matrix 7M3X
Callaway XHot 20 - Project X Pxi 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 24 - Project X Pxi 6.5
Callaway X-Prototype 5-P - Project X Pxi 6.5
Callaway MD Forged 52 - Project X Pxi 6.5
Vokey 56.14 - Project X Pxi 6.5
Vokey 60.10 - Project X Pxi 6.5
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback No. 2

Oh my please let me win one!!!!

At Mattaponi Springs in Va on the 16th hole a par 5 with a lake right of the green I hit a 235 yard 3 wood 2nd shot that hit the pin for what would have been a Albatross, made one of the very few eagles I have ever made on that hole.

Jeff

Driver Taylor Made Stealth 2 HD 10.5
Stealth 2 
Stealth 2 Hybrid 3, 4, 5 
Irons Mizuno JPX923 Hot metal
Wedges Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58
Putter Scotty Special Select Flowback 5
Ball Taylor Made Tour Response

Great covers, put me in!!

I am having trouble picking a shot--mine are a combination.

Early year scramble I went birdie-eagle on my own ProV1. Titleist driver down the middle, Titleist 9 iron to 2 feet, made the putt. Used a "skirt"(ladies tee option) to drive the green on the next hole and made the putt for a 2 on a par 4.

Later in the year with my new 718 AP1 five iron: tee shot on a par 3 hit just short of hole and finished just behind. Close call on a 1!

I am a bogey golfer normally, by the way.

Drivers: Titleist 915D2 9.5* Aldila Rogue 60-3.8-S
Titleist TS2 Tensei AV55 S flex
Fairway: Callaway Rogue 15* Proj X Evenflow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21*
Irons: Titleist 718AP1 5-GW2
Wedges: Vokey SM6 , 56-10S, 60-08M
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 35"
Ball: Titleist AVX

My best shot was a putt. 12th hole, Par 5, water down the right, traps in front and to the right of the green. Pin was back left. After hitting a nice drive with my Titleist 915 D2, I was about 190 yds out. A stellar drawing Titleist AP2 5 iron left me on the front of the green. (The one time you DON'T want your irons to check, and instead roll down the hill toward the hole!) Best shot of 2017 was the eagle putt that tracked all the way 35 feet to the center of the hole!

So last week my team won the front 9 “1 up”

Back 9 we trail 1 down going into 18 and everyone but myself gets a shot

I have 160 in to a tucked pin & fire at I.T yellling be goooood

It sits up on the fringe leaving myself a 25-30 foot snake off a putt down hill.

2 guys are out off the hole and the 3 rd guy hits a great cross mappper to 10 feet to have a roll at 4 net 3

Anyways i sneak mine in (great players great moments )

And we end up winning the hole after player 3 yips his putt

That he didn’t think would ever matter

We go from if we lost that hole we lose 10$

If we tie that hole we push

If we win that hole we make 15$

Second best shot

Hit my drive into a hazard off a downwind par 5 and take a drop and drop the 8 iron from my drop on the she off the cup for a tap in birdie . Hit 8 iron from 190, usually 155-160 club

Pick me pick me - it was a good year. I had a hole in one only a few weeks back on the course that I played maybe 30 years ago. I never had much luck on this particular hole. SAD PART - no witnesses. But I swear its true. Its the 7th hole at Scotch Hills CC in Scotch Plains, NJ. and I hit a perfect iron.

Thanks for listening.

Pat

Best shot of the year was the second shot on a 480 yard par-5. Second shot was 220 yards over water. Hit a perfect 18* hybrid to the center of the green about 15 feet right of the flag. Missed the eagle putt but tap in birdie.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

Spun back a wedge on the 3rd hole for a 1 during a 2 man BB tourney, my partner then holed out for eagle on the 6th, we proceeded to win the tourney and smoke our playing partners who were a +5 and scratch for the gross crown. Not bad for a 5 and a 13.

Beautiful covers, thx Titleist and GolfWRX, Happy Holidays to all!

I was struggling with my <100 yard game and read on here about Pelz’s clock method and watched his video. Next golf league day I try and cut a corner, have to punch to 50 yards and figure I can try this shot I have never practiced - 2 practice swings and then I drain it. Hasn’t been that good since but has helped my game.

My best shot of the year was when my buddies and I played in a 4-man scramble (free drinks all day) and we challenged the Head Pro after the tournament and his team to a $20 per man 3 hole bet, and we tied so we played one more hole in the dark and it came down to they're 10'putt and our 60' putt AND I DRAINED IT! LOL They missed and we won.

These would look great on my Titleist woods! Best shot of 2017: On a 365 yard par 4, push drive right hit a tree and went backwards. Faced a 205 yard second shot between 2 large oak trees requiring a 30 yard cut - hit a drive from the deck and cut it around the trees to 6 feet from the hole...............but I missed the birdie putt!!

270 yard par 4, fairly narrow, drove it 5 feet from the hole, eagle.

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

My best shot of the year was all 74 of them on the final day of my buddies golf trip. I walked away with the cash and the trophy. I now have a nice beer mug for next 365 days when I'm around them.

Titleist TSi2 9 - Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TSi2 16.5 - Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSi2 21 - Ventus Red 8x
Titleist T200 / T100 - KBS Tour X

Vokey SM8 Raw 50F, 56D, 60M - s400
SC Newport 2 SS / Pro Platinum Mid-Slant

Best shot this year was in a scramble...we had 288 to pin, three other guys in group hit their shots but I felt obliged to wait for green to clear just in case. Had a group of older ladies in front of us, was afriad of how'd they react if got lucky and ball rolled onto surface. Guys in group laughed and figured I was wasting time...hit I hit a three wood on the screws and flew it pin high - rolled four feet past. We made eagle 3, won the only skin from the whole day.

Best shot of the year...

Second shot on a par 5, 238 yds to the center, 4 wood to 3 feet. It never left the flag, looked like it damn near went in.

And before you ask, yes, I did miss the putt.

Thanks for the great giveaway -

Callaway Epic Speed
Mizuno JPX-EZ 17
TaylorMade M1 hybrid 19.5
TaylorMade M1 hybrid 23
Mizuno MP-25 5 - PW
Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 wedges, 50, 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

#13 hole at Poppy Hills, Par 5. Hit my driver in the fairway, then 7 iron. My Third shot had 100 yard left to the pin, and I hit a sand wedge which landed softly around the fringe. However, after 1 bounce, my ball hit the sprinkle head, and then it took a sudden turn towards the hole. It used the left to right slope and rolled into the cup for an eagle.

Driver: Titleist TSr3 9° (Setting A1) - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI 1K Pro White 60, 45" Elite Y360°S

3 Wood: TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° - Mitsubishi Chemical Diamana DF 70, 43" / Elite Y360°S

5 Wood: TaylorMade SIM 19° - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI AV RAW - White 85, 42" Elite Y360°S

Hybrid: Cobra KING F7 Hybrid 17.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85, 41" / Elite Y360°S

Driving Iron: Srixon ZX UT 18°, 40" - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95, 39.75" / Elite Y360°S

Iron: 2022 KYOEI KK MB 4~PW - Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue / Golf Pride CPX / BB&F Thunderclap Ferrule

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 52° F Grind 12°, SM9 WedgeWorks 60° K Grind 6° - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue / Elite Y360°S / BB&F Fire & Ice Ferrule

Putter: Bettinardi BB-1F - 33.50" / KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft / Bettinardi Deep Etched Putter Grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x 

Bag: Vessel Player III DXR Stand   Glove: JAMA Glove