2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2018 Honda Classic Discussion Thread

LeftyLuck

Tiger won’t be what he was10 years ago. He will be better. Once he starts chipping things in and gets his driver worked out. He will show these young whippetr snappers who the big cat is all about.

Tiger won’t be what he was10 years ago. He will be better. Once he starts chipping things in and gets his driver worked out. He will show these young whippetr snappers who the big cat is all about.

Did you make this comment wearing your Tiger Woods pajamas?

I'd love to experience the parallel universe where these people exist, even just for an hour. It seems like a fun place...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger won't be what he was10 years ago. He will be better. Once he starts chipping things in and gets his driver worked out. He will show these young whippetr snappers who the big cat is all about.

Tiger won't be what he was10 years ago. He will be better. Once he starts chipping things in and gets his driver worked out. He will show these young whippetr snappers who the big cat is all about.

I'd love to experience the parallel universe where these people exist, even just for an hour. It seems like a fun place...

My house be like,

tiger-woods-fathead-84539.jpg

Think some players are growing frustrated with the “drunk bro” fans. Rickie made comments about things being said to him at the waste management that were out of line, Rory made comments last week about the mental exhaustion some fans are causing, Jt lost focus and addressed an insignificant comment.

I think the Waste Management Open has pushed it so far players want to see the pendulum swing back the other way.

Even Nantz and Faldo said something yesterday about how the Honda seems to be turning into a Phoenix type of atmosphere.

The only way to stop these idiots from screaming is to start tossing them!

So people can only yell certain things? It wasnt during his swing and the ball was in the air. Just shows how sensitive JT is.

Why yell anything? What is with the bizarre desire to act like an absolute clown shoe?

Effing idiots. The lot.

Its a public sporting event that pushes extreme alcohol sales....people yell, scream, and act goofy...who cares? Not sure of any sporting event that offers the prudish atmosphere you desire.

Ahh yes, "I've had a few pops therefore I'll make it known to everyone" defense.

So suggesting someone act in a somewhat civilised manner is "prudish"?

You still nursing your first beer tonight, I take it... Gotta start somewhere.

Guess he should’ve said “get in the “Fbomb” bunker”

The only way to stop these idiots from screaming is to start tossing them!

So people can only yell certain things? It wasn’t during his swing and the ball was in the air. Just shows how sensitive JT is.

Why yell anything? What is with the bizarre desire to act like an absolute clown shoe?

Effing idiots. The lot.

It’s a public sporting event that pushes extreme alcohol sales....people yell, scream, and act goofy...who cares? Not sure of any sporting event that offers the prudish atmosphere you desire.

why cant we enforce public intoxication laws? that behavior wouldnt last 10 minutes on the street

It’s a game. A sporting event just like all others.

My house be like,

Now that's funny right there!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

My house be like,

No, you don't get it. That is, literally, Basic's house.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

My house be like,

No, you don't get it. That is, literally, Basic's house.

It can't be his house as the wallpaper isn't tiger striped and there isn't boxes of Frosted Flakes lying all over the place.

^^^^^ I suppose that's a fair point... Maybe this is in the guest house where Basic watches golf sometimes?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

^^^^^ I suppose that's a fair point... Maybe this is in the guest house where Basic watches golf sometimes?

I've known Basic for a LOOONG time. Clearly that's his Summer house. :)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Justin Thomas strikes me as a "get off my lawn" type of guy when he gets older. (If he isn't already.)

God I hope so. I just can’t get my head around why y’all want to turn golf into the WWE.

You hope so what?

What I meant is...I'd be willing to bet he's never worked an honest day/job a day in his life. Didn't he grow up in a pro shop with his dad?

He comes off as entitled and hasn't ever likely known hardship.

Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am.

Like any of the top players in the world have ever really had a "real" job?

This isn't the Seniors Tour of years ago when you'd get the great story of the 50 year old finally realizing his dream of working int he world of finance. These kids are born, bred and raised to be golfers. Period.

Does the defending champion hand out the trophy? Or was fowler just there to watch the last hole?

Fowler was there to congratulate JT for the win. Last year when JT missed the cut he came back on Sunday to congratulate Fowler. Fowler was simply returning the favor as they are great friends. Pretty cool.

Hmmm,i thought Fowler was there to see what it was like to actually win a tournament!

I think Fowler winning the Honda last year to go along with his 6 other PGA/Euro Tour wins would have covered that.

The way Rickie is hyped though; you'd think he had won 20 times with 5 majors.

Does the defending champion hand out the trophy? Or was fowler just there to watch the last hole?

Fowler was there to congratulate JT for the win. Last year when JT missed the cut he came back on Sunday to congratulate Fowler. Fowler was simply returning the favor as they are great friends. Pretty cool.

Hmmm,i thought Fowler was there to see what it was like to actually win a tournament!

I think Fowler winning the Honda last year to go along with his 6 other PGA/Euro Tour wins would have covered that.

The way Rickie is hyped though; you'd think he had won 20 times with 5 majors.

Hype is what sports reporters and TV commentators do. You can't blame Ricky for that.

I've never been a fan of his, and before he won his first PGA tournament, I always called him "Ricky Bieber," because of his lack of results and pandering to the kids. I was especially miffed when he was a captain's pick for the 2010 Ryder Cup team, based on IMO nothing but hype, and he lived down to my expectations, not winning a single match, and making a bonehead mistake (switching balls in the middle of a hole) that cost his team the hole, which cost his team the match, and which may have cost the US the cup, since we only lost by one point overall, and the strategy might have been different if we had won that match on Thursday.

All that said, he has proven himself a quality pro since then. His first PGA win was against a very strong field at Quail Hollow, and he had to beat Rory in a playoff to do it. The fact that he later won the Players Championship is really enough by itself to establish his reputation as an elite player. And there are usually only a dozen or so players who even make the cut in all four majors each year; in 2014, he finished in the top 5 in all four majors, something very few people have accomplished in modern times. For comparison, Tiger has only done it twice, in a longer prime whose hallmark was consistency. Ricky also showed that his game traveled by winning at Abu Dhabi in 2016. He reached a rank of #4 in the world with that win.

So no, he's not HOF material, but he's one of the best golfers in the world, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he won a major or two in the next few years. Why shouldn't they hype him?

I've known Basic for a LOOONG time. Clearly that's his Summer house. :)

I see, so the summer house is acceptable for all-things-Tiger.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

The Honda drew great ratings. Up 38% over last year with fan favorite Rickie winning. Insert obligatory line about Tiger being the needle. https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2018/2/26/ratings-honda-up-38-against-tough-competition

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Everybody wants this guys to be Tiger; in reality they are all more Phils.

Phil first won the Masters in his mid-30s, give these guys time. Someone like Jordan or Rory may get out of the gate early, but they might not win majors over their own career. Look at Arnie or Seve, they both got on hot streaks in the majors and won a bunch, but they didn't win majors over decades, really only Tiger and Jack have done that (more Jack than Tiger).

15 years down the road, Ricky/JT/Dustin, heck even Rahm or Brooks could have or be close to a Grand Slam career.

The Honda drew great ratings. Up 38% over last year with fan favorite Rickie winning. Insert obligatory line about Tiger being the needle. https://www.geoffsha...ugh-competition

New comish was sh#$%^ing his pants at the prospect of Tiger coming back and playing more events. He be like:

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

The Honda drew great ratings. Up 38% over last year with fan favorite Rickie winning. Insert obligatory line about Tiger being the needle. https://www.geoffsha...ugh-competition

New comish was sh#$%^ing his pants at the prospect of Tiger coming back and playing more events. He be like:

I wonder if any of the ad rates were renegotiated once Tiger committed or if the advertisers just got a bargain.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Phil first won the Masters in his mid-30s, give these guys time. Someone like Jordan or Rory may get out of the gate early, but they might not win majors over their own career. Look at Arnie or Seve, they both got on hot streaks in the majors and won a bunch, but they didn't win majors over decades, really only Tiger and Jack have done that (more Jack than Tiger).

15 years down the road, Ricky/JT/Dustin, heck even Rahm or Brooks could have or be close to a Grand Slam career.

Tiger only won majors in 2 decades, same as Seve and Arnie.

Tiger stopped winning majors at age 32. Very similar to Arnold or Seve. He just racked up a lot more than them from ages 21-32.

I like beer like most do, but I don't understand the desire to drink while attending a pga event. I like to have all my senses sharp to evaluate the tournament play. Some might say beer is great in the hot weather, but beer is a diuretic isn't it? Most of all, is promotes idiocy, and detracts from the tournament.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

I like beer like most do, but I don't understand the desire to drink while attending a pga event. I like to have all my senses sharp to evaluate the tournament play. Some might say beer is great in the hot weather, but beer is a diuretic isn't it? Most of all, is promotes idiocy, and detracts from the tournament.

I would never drink more than one. Because after my first I would still be in sticker shock about how much it cost!

I bet you're fun at parties.

lol, what I do at parties is has nothing to do with idiots at PGA tournaments. Actually, I really enjoy drinking beer, but at the appropriate place and setting. To compare a party to a PGA tournament is ridiculous. Are you one of the spectators who has a few too many and yells out 'mashed potatoes' in a golfers backswing?

lol, what I do at parties is has nothing to do with idiots at PGA tournaments. Actually, I really enjoy drinking beer, but at the appropriate place and setting. To compare a party to a PGA tournament is ridiculous. Are you one of the spectators who has a few too many and yells out 'mashed potatoes' in a golfers backswing?

I don't. But have you ever been to a PGA tour event? Especially one like Honda, I think they can 100% be defined as a party. Especially at places like the 17th

Mikey5e - you're not THE mikey are you?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black