2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2018 Honda Classic Discussion Thread

LeftyLuck

Does the defending champion hand out the trophy? Or was fowler just there to watch the last hole?

Fowler was there to congratulate JT for the win. Last year when JT missed the cut he came back on Sunday to congratulate Fowler. Fowler was simply returning the favor as they are great friends. Pretty cool.

Hmmm,i thought Fowler was there to see what it was like to actually win a tournament!

I think Fowler winning the Honda last year to go along with his 6 other PGA/Euro Tour wins would have covered that.

No doubt, total domination.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also concerned about Tiger saying that he needs to hit the gym. I don't think the internet would survive if he posts a 190 ball speed.

Me too. I don't think Tiger needs to be pushing any more heavy weights. He needs to just focus on staying loose and flexible. A rigorous stretching program would be better in my opinion. However, he played really well and really had a chance to win if he played hole 15 a little better and sank a few more of his good looks at birdie (had a ton of 15 foot birdie looks). Masters will be very interesting.

I'm also concerned about Tiger saying that he needs to hit the gym. I don't think the internet would survive if he posts a 190 ball speed.

Me too. I don't think Tiger needs to be pushing any more heavy weights. He needs to just focus on staying loose and flexible. A rigorous stretching program would be better in my opinion. However, he played really well and really had a chance to win if he played hole 15 a little better and sank a few more of his good looks at birdie (had a ton of 15 foot birdie looks). Masters will be very interesting.

I imagine he needs to keep his core, lower/mid back, and yes, glutes, in top shape to keep pressure off his spine.

Gotta work in the gym for that.

I imagine he needs to keep his core, lower/mid back, and yes, glutes, in top shape to keep pressure off his spine.

At this point I don’t think Tiger can’t not work out. His body and game and swing are built upon having a certain level of strength.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I found it odd watching this event at the dust coming up off the greens when the ball struck them. Is the course just very dry or is there something about the grass?

It's the topdressing sand. Helps keep green speed up and to keep them firm.

It is bc the greens were totally f’ed and they had to put down sand and paint it green for TV. Not chambers bay level f’ed, but still terrible.

THIS.

He needs to get in the gym for legs, Word not allowed, and hip lifting, core work, and stretching. His back is screwed if his rear end, hips and legs aren’t strong, supple and firing.

Dimwits like to make fun of the glutes comment from couple years back but it is 100% true.

Honest question here. Tiger looks really, really good (I think).

Does he have another seven shots in him? Right now, reminds me a bit of Phil, so close, but just a little error here or there.

Probably, play the 8 par fives in 3 under for the week and you have four of the shots already. Then he just mindtricked himself on the 15th with the poor shot he rinsed on Friday resulting in the two megabails into impossible positions saturday. Can also kind of discount todays water ball because in legitimate contention he isn't trying to take that right at it.

Ping i20 9.5* Project X Black 6.0
Taylormade R15 15* Fujikura FUEL 70 S
Adams Pro Dhy 18* Aldila Tour Blue 80S
John Letters Tour Black Master Model 4-PW S300
John Letters Tour Black 52*,56*,60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1, 34.5"

Was rooting for Fleetwood. T4 a good finish though and pretty much same money as winning on the Euro Tour! Nice win for JT on the course! Not winning many fans but he's winning so people tend to overlook some things.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

Watching as a hater, I thought TW made huge progress this week! He really did not look like the same guy that was swinging the club last week. Last week, so many swings looked like all out assault on the ball. This week, many more looked like the swing from the "Butch years" with a much shorter backswing and every movement much more in control. He hit some fantastic iron shots this week and played out of the short grass a lot. If they handed out "most improved from the previous week" TW gets it in my book. If he keeps this pace of progress, I could see him finishing 7th to 10th in the Master and I would have given that zero chance 3 months ago.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Impressed with TW but in my opinion its still too early to tell whats possible.

I expect Alex Noren to win (PGA Tour) soon.

JT's potential to get even better is scary but from my observations he can make the most improvement on the mental side, game management etc. side of things.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

That whole tournament was good entertainment on a really tough golf course.

Tiger's swing looks quite good. Anyone know if he is going to play Bay Hill?

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

I saw phil once told bones to have a guy tossed for calling him "figjam"

JT gotta be like TW. He gets all kinds of crap yelled at him.

Look ar this guy throw an apple at him. Doesnt even break stride, rofl!

[media=]

[/media]

I keep reading about Phil and the nickname "figjam". I'm assuming it's not complimentary, LOL, But I have no idea what it means. Can I get some help here? Even if it is a PG version?

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

[media=]

[/media]

I keep reading about Phil and the nickname "figjam". I'm assuming it's not complimentary, LOL, But I have no idea what it means. Can I get some help here? Even if it is a PG version?

"F "I'm good. Just ask me."

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[media=]

[/media]

FIGJAM = F**K I'm Good. Just Ask Me

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Thanks for the "figjam" explanation guys. Pretty funny, but boy, talk about cutting a guy off at the knees...

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

Was there on Saturday and it was one of the most unruly crowds I had ever been around. People shouting during back swings and after ball strike. Very rude and obnoxious people. Saw many toted away in handcuffs. That is what happens when too much alcohol is consumed. Thought JT was right to have that buffoon removed.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

My right shoulder hurts.

It's either the weather, or from watching Webb Simpson last night (Watched on DVR after a day of travelling). He's a Tour player and I'm, well, not. However that follow through. Ouch.

Also, I'm very surprised CBS kept replaying JT's reaction to winning. It was clear as day to me he dropped an "F" bomb. Not that I care that he did, but this day in age where everyone is so sensitive, just surprised they kept replaying it with sound.

I actually felt bad for Luke List. CBS was showing all the things that would have come with winning.

Final thing. What an approach shot by JT on the 18th with that wedge.

I'd like to see Fleetwood, Noren, or List get the win. I'm over JT.

Yea. I tried hard. I just don't relate to his on course game.never seen anyone swing harder with a blade In his hand.

I don't like his demeanor. He reminds me of the kid at a junior tournament who shows up with a full bag of New TItleist stuff, dresses like a tour player, and has his dad behind him at the range while I'm there by myself with a bag full of Golden Bear clubs, and mid round he calls in a penalty on me for my ball moving a millimeter in the pine straw.

But he isn't that kid!

And I had a bag full of Golden Bear irons, but not the game.

First set I ever owned. Still have them over 40 years later.

Not that anyone cares, I'm just chiming in here, but my first set were a full set of Northwestern clubs. Dr, 3W, 5W, 3i-PW. My then GF got them for me for a whopping $100 at Sports Authority in 1995. They were AWFUL in hindsight.

We have to put up with 5 minutes of basketball? This is really annoying. I doubt anything will change, but now can we show our displeasure? Watch sky sports instead of CBS?

Edit: in my experience 5 minutes of basketball could take 30+ minutes

I just remind myself it could be worse.

It could be hockey.

Yes, but 2 mins in Hockey takes.. 2 mins.

Does he have another seven shots in him? Right now, reminds me a bit of Phil, so close, but just a little error here or there.

Probably, play the 8 par fives in 3 under for the week and you have four of the shots already. Then he just mindtricked himself on the 15th with the poor shot he rinsed on Friday resulting in the two megabails into impossible positions saturday. Can also kind of discount todays water ball because in legitimate contention he isn't trying to take that right at it.

What about the missed putts on Saturday alone?

What about the missed putts on Saturday alone?

Great week at PGA National. Congrats to JT on the hard fought victory. Last season's #1 is right back at the top of the TOUR's money list.

How tough was scoring this week? PGA National's par 3 17th became the first hole on TOUR this season to play to a stroke average of at least half a stroke over par, at 3.533. That's major championship tough, and it will likely end up being the toughest par 3 all year. We'll see.

The par 4 6th (4.416) clocks in as the 2nd toughest hole on TOUR this season, while the par 3 15th (3.391) becomes the 4th toughest. They don't call it the Bear Trap for nothing. :)

Kudos to Rory for helping push the average higher with a tidy 7 yesterday.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

We have to put up with 5 minutes of basketball? This is really annoying. I doubt anything will change, but now can we show our displeasure? Watch sky sports instead of CBS?

It could be hockey.

Has there ever been a college basketball game that completed in the 2 hours allotted on CBS? Note to CBS: Schedule the game for 2hr 30min and start the games a half hour earlier than usual. Any extra time you can fill with GC infomercials for machete rails, square strike wedges, wedges that save me from having to learn complicated bunker setups, swing speed trainers, etc.. Because we live for that stuff.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Why do you never see anyone in the houses around the course ?

You would think it would be a great week to have parties, BBQs etc but it looks like a ghost town!

Is there a reason for this ?

I lived in Miami for a bit, and this tournament really never got the level of local engagement and excitement you'd expect. I was always surprised by the lack of "buzz" around this one, though that was when the WGC was still at Doral and brought in a much better field than this event.

I wonder if the HOA is more restrictive and has something to say about big gatherings -- that is certainly a possibility in that area.

Also -- that PGA National development is huge. I want to say it's 30 or 40 neighborhoods, and it's not as "upscale" as you'd think.

Morris County NJ... nice.. hello neighbor.

It could be hockey.

Has there ever been a college basketball game that completed in the 2 hours allotted on CBS? Note to CBS: Schedule the game for 2hr 30min and start the games a half hour earlier than usual. Any extra time you can fill with GC infomercials for machete rails, square strike wedges, wedges that save me from having to learn complicated bunker setups, swing speed trainers, etc.. Because we live for that stuff.

That's what NBC does with the hockey. They start at 12:30, not 1:00. Leaves them some leeway if the games goes into OT

Am I the only one who thinks CBS coverage is amazing?

Seeing every shot from the leaders and All of Tigers shots as well. Love seeing them bounce from shot to shot.

I love the behind views on shots with putts and full swings.

Lots of pro tracer shots.

Commentary is pretty good too with jack and Faldo.

Less commercials down the stretch.

Personally I thought this was one of the better coverages of an event they have done in quite sometime.

It could be hockey.

I’m wondering if they do it on purpose. They know that they’ll have overlapping viewership for 15-20 minutes. More people to watch the commercials, more money they can extract out of those paying for the commercials.

Tiger won’t be what he was10 years ago. He will be better. Once he starts chipping things in and gets his driver worked out. He will show these young whippetr snappers who the big cat is all about.

Tiger won’t be what he was10 years ago. He will be better. Once he starts chipping things in and gets his driver worked out. He will show these young whippetr snappers who the big cat is all about.

Did you make this comment wearing your Tiger Woods pajamas?