2018 PGA Championship (Master Thread)

manku

Tiger is back and the Tiger haters can’t take it, I love it. So much more hype around the game again. The fact that he was in contention twice in majors this year is incredible. If he improves even slightly next year he could be dangerous. Hats off to Brooks especially for the 4 iron on 16, shot of the tournament in my mind, guy is a stud.

Koepka's shot at 16 was incredible. Makes you wonder why this guy hasn't shown up more in the regular events. He has all the talent you want in all areas of the game.

Was watching with my mom today who is a huge golf fan and she even mentioned how superb his short game is. Sometimes we just look at the long drives/brute strength and forget how impressive his game is overall. Guy can really roll it as well. Maybe he just needs to pretend every tournament is a major lol

TM SIM - KuroKage 60XTX
TM SIM 15 - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5 - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 - 52, 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see him around town often....I'll tell him to pull his head out and win more often! Seriously though, who has a record like this? Darth brought up Harrington....that's about as close as it gets right?

I'd love for him to win more events to VALIDATE his majors success.....bass ackwards you know

That's rich. The guy needs to win some Honda Classics and Waste Managements, in order to prove that 3 majors were really deserved. :dntknw:

All this yada yada about Tiger beat a bunch of posers to get this 14 majors. All the yada yada about he can't hang with today's big boys. Today was indicative of how great Tiger was and still is. Tiger did this with a D game off the tee.

Ping G430 LST 9 Ventus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Tiger would have won if he hadn't worn such a fugly shirt, and if he would give it up and shave his head.

bwaaa ha .... haaaa :cheesy: victory snatched by the eclectic designs of NIKE

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

All this yada yada about Tiger beat a bunch of posers to get this 14 majors. All the yada yada about he can't hang with today's big boys. Today was indicative of how great Tiger was and still is. Tiger did this with a D game off the tee.

But his vintage is getting close to expiration. Whereas the younger guys have a lot longer to play.

Not to mention that no one knows how a back repaired how his was will hold up using such an intense golf swing. Again all the younger players have good backs.

So you just have to factor all that stuff in.

But his vintage is getting close to expiration. Whereas the younger guys have a lot longer to play.

Not to mention that no one knows how a back repaired how his was will hold up using such an intense golf swing. Again all the younger players have good backs.

Yeah I mean those young guys are bulletproof.

Except Justin Rose’s back

Fowler’s oblique

Koepka’s wrist

And DJ when he gets near stairs

And Jason Day’s everything

Rory should stay away from soccer games

Etc

Side note, loved seeing JT whine out there today
They should add some childhood whining/tantrums to the end of his commercial with his dad calling him "Big J", Bon Iver capturing the full mood and temperament of young JT....

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Yeah I mean those young guys are bulletproof.

Except Justin Roses back

Fowlers oblique

Koepkas wrist

And DJ when he gets near stairs

And Jason Days everything

Rory should stay away from soccer games

Etc

Koepka really? Koepka? Lol

I sure hope he has a win by this time next year or all we'll hear is "he's only 22 months into his comeback".

The "only 10 months into his comeback" excuse is getting played out. He's one of the best champions in all of sports history, he didn't forget how to win. The physical ability to do so is obviously there right now. He's healthy, has plenty of distance, and has all the shots. So at this point I think he's "back". Now it's just a question of if and when this level of being back is going to be good enough to close the deal.

tiger woods is the luckiest golfer to ever play the game

Those that saw him play are the lucky ones.

He had a horse shoe in his pocket, found a four leaf clover, and rubbed a rabbits foot for his luck on his drop on 5, his drive not going in the water on 10 and his lie/position on 17.

He was money with his irons and wedges no doubt, but had those three shots ended up a couple of feet left or right...He shoots 68.

ESPECIALLY on 17 (5 feet left=WET).

He lipped our twice and came 1mm short of another. All of which could have fallen without an unlucky spike mark, grass imperfection, whatever. It's golf. Everyone got good and bad breaks all week.

Why no mention that TW player in the tougher side of the draw? Pretty unlucky there.

There was no drop on 5 and no water on 10. Did you actually watch the tournament?

You could actually say he got unlucky on 17 that his ball plugged and didn't bounce further right and out of the hazard.

ROFL!!!

tiger woods is the luckiest golfer to ever play the game

Those that saw him play are the lucky ones.

He had a horse shoe in his pocket, found a four leaf clover, and rubbed a rabbits foot for his luck on his drop on 5, his drive not going in the water on 10 and his lie/position on 17.

He was money with his irons and wedges no doubt, but had those three shots ended up a couple of feet left or right...He shoots 68.

ESPECIALLY on 17 (5 feet left=WET).

He lipped our twice and came 1mm short of another. All of which could have fallen without an unlucky spike mark, grass imperfection, whatever. It's golf. Everyone got good and bad breaks all week.

Why no mention that TW player in the tougher side of the draw? Pretty unlucky there.

There was no drop on 5 and no water on 10. Did you actually watch the tournament?

You could actually say he got unlucky on 17 that his ball plugged and didn't bounce further right and out of the hazard.

ROFL!!!

That's the "rose colored glasses syndrome" at its finest. Where it ended up was really as good an outcome as he could have hoped for considering the result that tee shot was most likely to yield. Being able to advance it at all was a HUGE break.

I DVR’d the day and avoided all media - just finished seeing it. Un-fricking-believable. I’m not sure what impressed and entertained me more, Tiger or Koepka. That was so much fun to watch. So many shots that made me shout with awe. Unbelievable golf.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

There's no way in hell Tiger would have won at such a prolific rate had he been in his prime now. Sorry. He'd still be great but the class of players is much better and much deeper.

That's the "rose colored glasses syndrome" at its finest. Where it ended up was really as good an outcome as he could have hoped for considering the result that tee shot was most likely to yield. Being able to advance it at all was a HUGE break.

I mean come on, I was rooting for the guy but that is delusion at its finest.That ball is in the water 98 times out of 100. the bank has an incline of 30 degrees downward towards the creek and somehow its going to bounce right?? pure lunacy.

I would be absolutely shocked if Koepka wasn't on some sort of performance enhancing drug. It's not just the fact he's gained so much muscle mass in such a short period of time, but his body type is completely different. Very hard to believe he went from

Koepka847.jpg

to

11072909.jpg

in such a short period of time and did it naturally.

I would be absolutely shocked if Koepka wasn't on some sort of performance enhancing drug. It's not just the fact he's gained so much muscle mass in such a short period of time, but his body type is completely different. Very hard to believe he went from

Koepka847.jpg

to

11072909.jpg

Short time? These pics are like 4-5 years apart. A beginner at the gym can put on considerable mass in 6 months.

A short time in weightlifting is 12 weeks, not 3-4 years.

Koepka847.jpg

to

11072909.jpg

I mean he has a good build and is 28 years old with probably awesome trainers. He probably took his diet and working out seriously and it paid off. In no way is he roided and that is a perfectly normal physique that is possible to a young male.

I follow Tiger Tracker on Twitter and most of the replies to his tweets are from Tiger fans who really believe Tiger will shoot 64 or 65 tomorrow. The truth is he's not even going to try to shoot a 64 or a 65. Because that's just not who he is. He has one gear and it's play conservatively and hope everyone else folds. He's not the Arnie or Phil final round swashbuckler type. He's more of a final round accountant. It's why he's never come from behind to win a major. His final round scoring average in his 14 major wins is 69.5. His final round scoring average in his 22 major top tens is 70.4. Not a lot of difference there which means whether he's ahead by two or down by five he's going to play the same game. He's going to go out tomorrow, fire at the pins he's supposed to fire at, play away from the pins he's supposed to play away from, shoot a 67, and hope it's good enough.

hindsight sucks

Meh, I was wrong. Won't be the last time. In my defense, however, my prediction of 67 would have been closer if he hadn't gotten lucky with some of those wayward drives on the front and that banana ball on 17 that somehow missed the creek. I still say he'll never win another major.

Haha. You’re embarrassing

So much negativity. Tiger was lucky! Brooks is juicing!

This tournament was one for the ages. People can't see that because they are blinded by the BS.

Was it though?

I don't know, did you watch? It was no Stenson Mickelson but it was supremely entertaining.

Of course i did. It wouldnt crack the top 30 off the top of my head in terms of excitement but then again i think youre a huge tiger fan where as im a regular tiger fan so maybe thats why it ranks so high for you. nothing personal

There's no way in hell Tiger would have won at such a prolific rate had he been in his prime now. Sorry. He'd still be great but the class of players is much better and much deeper.

To some extent this is true for sure, but he just threw down as medalist by two strokes, in a 2018 major, on Sunday and took 2nd driving the ball like a long hitting 12 handicap. He did this less than a season since we(any realist) ever thought he could play at this high level again.

I'm thinking 2000 era tiger, playing in todays field would still have 12 or 13. OR.........he might have 24+ as everyone would have pissed him off and he would have stepped it up instead of playing army. It IS Tiger Farking Woods we are talking about here and his priorities changed when on top. If they didn't who knows.