Patrick Reed and the baseball seats

imakaveli

Under the spirit of "if you can't say something nice, it's best to say nothing at all," I'm not going to comment.

Β 

But I really want to say something bad.

Β 

I would say that the orthodontist made out really well.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.Β  P.G. Wodehouse

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm typically pretty harsh on Patrick Reed and his antics, but if I read this correctly, his seats (line-drive section) were not with the other PGA pros and he had to pay to get upgraded to the same section as the other pros. Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but I'm curious why he and his family might have been seated in a different area.

Β 

Maybe the addition of a sister-in-law moved them beyond the seat limit they had in the nicer "PGA section". Maybe someone on the PGA Tour doesn't like Patrick Reed very much (shocking that Patrick Reed would have enemies).

Β 

The background to this story will help determine if he is whining or was treated unfairly.

Β 

I read it differently, he didn't like that the PGA Tour was in line drive seats and upgraded but still ended up in same section just the front row of that section. I highly doubt the PGA Tour would snub him and not give him seats with everyone else, given he's a Major winner he should have top priority.

Β 

If that's truly the case, then he continues to solidify the reasons I dislike him.

This is a (rare) serious question as absent this site and our business being on FB, I'm social media illiterate. Honestly, I don't need to know what Taylor Swift had for breakfast, what LeBron thinks about anything or how Patrick Reed feels about his seats at Fenway.

Β 

Why do people care and why do you follow people on any of the social media platforms? Yeah I'm an old man, but I don't care if you walk on my lawn but do care if your dog poops on it and you don't address that. I really don't get it.

So much Reed hate, god this forum is tiring.

Β 

I'd be pissed too if the PGA Tour gave a bunch of players awesome seats, then treated me differently and gave me worse seats. You guys will find anything to b**** about when it comes to Reed.

Β 

Maybe the other tour players didn't want the Reeds seated near them. :)

Β 

WHAT?! I thought he was the most loved guy on tour!

This is a (rare) serious question as absent this site and our business being on FB, I'm social media illiterate. Honestly, I don't need to know what Taylor Swift had for breakfast, what LeBron thinks about anything or how Patrick Reed feels about his seats at Fenway.

Β 

Why do people care and why do you follow people on any of the social media platforms? Yeah I'm an old man, but I don't care if you walk on my lawn but do care if your dog poops on it and you don't address that. I really don't get it.

Β 

I'm not quite an "old" man, but am Gen X who was around before and during the rise of connected (internet) computers and phones. I still remember dial-up...but being alive before and during this technology is probably what shapes my opinions. It's also probably why the dystopian view of Black Mirror episodes relating to the integration of technology and humanity appeal to me.

Β 

Anyway, I never really got into social media (FB, Instagram, SnapChat, whatever else) as I didn't really see the benefit. I figured, if I want to connect buddies from way back when or complain about my troubles with friends/family...I'd call them up or go grab a beer. The comments, concerns, issues and the occasional wrong statements I make are held within a trusted circle.

Β 

My personal view is that social media is an outlet for a generation of people who feel disconnected to those around them and subsequently insecure enough to care about what anonymous people think and conceited enough to share their opinions as if everyone in the world needs to hear them.

Β 

Just my $0.02.

WHO CARES! The next time I pass judgement on Patrick Reed, it will be related to something he does on the golf course. His personal life is none of my business and even less my concern.

Β 

Social media is turning the modern world into a flaming pile of garbage.

\

Absolutely!!! It was so much better before modern agriculture and medicine screwed everything up. Give me a good old fashioned plague/famine combo over this Twitter bullsh_t any day.

So much Reed hate, god this forum is tiring.

Β 

I'd be pissed too if the PGA Tour gave a bunch of players awesome seats, then treated me differently and gave me worse seats. You guys will find anything to b**** about when it comes to Reed.

Β 

He deserves it. He's as Word not allowed.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim MaxΒ  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

Β 

Β 

You're using social media to comment on a comment made about a comment made on social media...

The meta-ness of this is making my head hurt.

Β 

Β 

You're using social media to comment on a comment made about a comment made on social media...

Β 

Apologies for making your head hurt but this is a bit different than subscribing to hear someone's thoughts. I don't "follow" any poster here and get updates on my phone when they post something.

Β 

Β 

It’s that shot of dopamine these guys get when someone agrees with them or likes their posts. It’s addictive. Athletes and celebs especially love virtue signalling or complaining. It makes them feel important thus feeding their narcissism. Why do you think all the Silicon Valley CEOs and execs don’t let their kids on social media? They know and have internal data of the damage it does to the brain. The class action lawsuits coming will make big tobacco lawsuits look like chump change. You’re not an old man you’re simply in the sweet spot of life and remember what it was like pre internet, pre cell phone, pre smart phone and pre social media.

Β 

Β 

It’s that shot of dopamine these guys get when someone agrees with them or likes their posts. It’s addictive. Athletes and celebs especially love virtue signalling or complaining. It makes them feel important thus feeding their narcissism. Why do you think all the Silicon Valley CEOs and execs don’t let their kids on social media? They know and have internal data of the damage it does to the brain. The class action lawsuits coming will make big tobacco lawsuits look like chump change. You’re not an old man you’re simply in the sweet spot of life and remember what it was like pre internet, pre cell phone, pre smart phone and pre social media.

Β 

I really need to figure out how to get people to feel sorry for me.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Β 

Β 

Β 

This isn’t social media. It’s a golf only forum with tons of rules that predates any of the β€œsocial media platforms” quoted.You know this.

Β 

Β 

Β 

This isn’t social media. It’s a golf only forum with tons of rules that predates any of the β€œsocial media platforms” quoted.You know this.

BBS are social media whether you like it or not. They obviously are different than the platforms that came much later that most people think of today, but they're still social media.

Β 

Β 

It's that shot of dopamine these guys get when someone agrees with them or likes their posts. It's addictive. Athletes and celebs especially love virtue signalling or complaining. It makes them feel important thus feeding their narcissism. Why do you think all the Silicon Valley CEOs and execs don't let their kids on social media? They know and have internal data of the damage it does to the brain. The class action lawsuits coming will make big tobacco lawsuits look like chump change. You're not an old man you're simply in the sweet spot of life and remember what it was like pre internet, pre cell phone, pre smart phone and pre social media.

Β 

Β 

One of my buddies who used to be a tour pro has now become a clinical psychologist and has been doing it for 13 years. The things he tells me depress me honestly. People really live vicariously through those platforms and get really depressed when they're off them because they need constant validation about their food choices, their political beliefs, their cultural beliefs, their sports preferences, opinions on everything. The brain is simply not made to be bombarded like that.

I'm not on those things but really believe moderation is key. I love forum settings like these because it's focused and 99% of the people here are great. Even when disagreeing it's usually honest convos about everything golf related. The other places are cesspools for tribalist clapping seals

Β 

Β 

Β 

Very interesting perspective and I can see your points. Even though my kids are in their 30's, we talk all the time about being careful what they put on line.in terms of content or media and the impact it can have on their lives for years to come.

Β 

I'll quit interrupting the thread now...someone walked on my lawn anyway.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

One of my buddies who used to be a tour pro has now become a clinical psychologist and has been doing it for 13 years. The things he tells me me depress me honestly. People really live vicariously through those platforms and get really depressed when they’re off them because they need constant validation about their food choices, their political beliefs, their cultural beliefs, their sports preferences, opinions on everything. The brain is simply not made to be bombarded like that.

I’m not on those things but really believe moderation is key. I love forum settings like these because it’s focused and 99% of the people here are great. Even when disagreeing it’s usually honest convos about everything golf related. The other places are cesspools for tribalist clapping seals

Β 

Youll like this ; )

Β 

Β 

Β 

It's that shot of dopamine these guys get when someone agrees with them or likes their posts. It's addictive. Athletes and celebs especially love virtue signalling or complaining. It makes them feel important thus feeding their narcissism. Why do you think all the Silicon Valley CEOs and execs don't let their kids on social media? They know and have internal data of the damage it does to the brain. The class action lawsuits coming will make big tobacco lawsuits look like chump change. You're not an old man you're simply in the sweet spot of life and remember what it was like pre internet, pre cell phone, pre smart phone and pre social media.

Β 

Β 

One of my buddies who used to be a tour pro has now become a clinical psychologist and has been doing it for 13 years. The things he tells me me depress me honestly. People really live vicariously through those platforms and get really depressed when they're off them because they need constant validation about their food choices, their political beliefs, their cultural beliefs, their sports preferences, opinions on everything. The brain is simply not made to be bombarded like that.

I'm not on those things but really believe moderation is key. I love forum settings like these because it's focused and 99% of the people here are great. Even when disagreeing it's usually honest convos about everything golf related. The other places are cesspools for tribalist clapping seals

Β 

The social interwebs, man. It's a crazy place. Some people tie their identity into social media way too much.

Β 

I'm not a huge fan of social media. The social media I consume is usually going on IG to see what Gankas or Carraher or Monte have posted. I was on Bandon Dunes IG the other day looking at beautiful pictures of the Oregon coast. That's about it for me.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Funny thing: I was just on a DeChambeau thread and was reminiscing about the good old days when Reed was the source of scorn. Most of you young fellas won't remember those days.

Β 

Not sure who his tweet was intended for; if it was a (passive/aggressive) complaint to the PGA, that could have been handled internally. If it was for the rest of us, I'm unimpressed with someone that is able to spend that kind of jack to upgrade a seat to a ballgame. I get it if his seats weren't the same as the rest, but why announce it to the world? Stay there or upgrade and take it up privately with the tour. Geez.

By definition they literally are. You're wrong while arguing that someone else is wrong. I don't accept your agreement.

Β 

Do you think facts are a matter of opinion or are you going to call this fake news?

Β 

Bad day at work?

You can't deal with being wrong so that's where this goes. Biiiig surprise.

Β 

Yeah that’s what it is man... get a grip guy. Calm down and breathe. We simple disagree and you can’t handle it. Creating a new word and using it as an umbrella term to throw various blogs, sites and forums under it doesn’t mean it changes what they are.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Not that hard. My golf buds are constantly telling me how sorry they feel for me. *hangs head*