2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (MERGED)

fillwelix

GolfChannel really is a hopeless, anti-American demoralization network.

Their "coverage" so far consists of:

- Talking heads telling us all about Team USA's problems

- British guests smugly predicting European success (with no one even questioning them)

- Endless replays of Phil's bad drive at the 2004 Ryder Cup

Hey GC, Phil's done some good things at the RC too. He had a great singles match at Hazeltine. Why not show that?

If I had big money I'd start my own golf channel. And it wouldn't be like GolfChannel.

Lemme guess. They brought out the toothless Ken Scholfield to blather on about the form of the euro players. Then he talked about the superb leadership of the Ryder Cup legend Thomas Bjorn all the while talking about how Rory is rounding into form.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- British guests smugly predicting European success (with no one even questioning them)

Hey GC, Phil's done some good things at the RC too. He had a great singles match at Hazeltine. Why not show that?

If I had big money I'd start my own golf channel. And it wouldn't be like GolfChannel.

Lemme guess. They brought out the toothless Ken Scholfield to blather on about the form of the euro players. Then he talked about the superb leadership of the Ryder Cup legend Thomas Bjorn all the while talking about how Rory is rounding into form.

Ken picked the U.S.!

Here's the Bri-ish fake news on Team USA:

5vy54j.png

Mr. Murray, to be a college boy you have to still be in college. None of these guys are, to the best of my knowledge.

So, either he is insinuating that Euros aren’t smart enough for college, or he is forgetting a lot of Euros come to America to go to college on a golf scholarship. Either way this guy is a total hack.

We had some guys like Reed that went to two colleges - take that Euros!

What do you want them to do ?

Bring on people who are going to talk about how Europe are going to get a butt kicking by the USA !

Which is most probably going to be the outcome .

I am British but live in the US but hold no illusions of what is coming . But if they told the truth on the Golf Channel we would all get sick of hearing it , at least we can pretend it will be competitive.

Show the interviews from France in full, not edited. All the players. (They don't do this currently)

Stop giving so much oxygen and airtime to puffed up demoralization hacks like Chamblee.

If they have no news, nothing to report at all, just show the Hazeltine singles matches.

Show the interviews from France in full, not edited. All the players. (They don't do this currently)

Stop giving so much oxygen and airtime to puffed up demoralization hacks like Chamblee.

If they have no news, nothing to report at all, just show the Hazeltine singles matches.

Yes, too much coverage Golf Channel, show reruns!

Said nobody ever, well until today, lol.

As someone once mused, "people are strange".

Bring on people who are going to talk about how Europe are going to get a butt kicking by the USA !

I am British but live in the US but hold no illusions of what is coming . But if they told the truth on the Golf Channel we would all get sick of hearing it , at least we can pretend it will be competitive.

You really think that? I'm not predicting anything, but the Euros look plenty strong to me. BTW, is this a course that the European Tour plays a regular event on?

FORE RIGHT!!!!

So, I have no idea if this will stir people up or not but I think the Ryder Cup should be 12 singles matches all three days.

Having been at the 2016 Ryder Cup, there's simply not enough golf to support all the fans in attendance or watching on tv the first two days. It was an experience but I have zero interest in going back. It's a made-for-tv event.

Four ball, alternate shot, better ball, I don't even know what they call the first two days but it should be 12 singles matches all three days. That would be awesome.

The idea doesn't stir me at all. ;-)

I agree,doesn't stir me at all.

I think it would be tiresome. What I love about the RC, more than anything is the formats we never get to see in non-team events. I especially enjoy Alternate Shots. When we used to take golf trips with several foursomes, I would always try to get the guys to play that for our second 18, when we were tired. I thought it was a gas.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I just bought tickets a few days ago for Sunday. I am going to be in Paris and coming from Canada so it felt like the perfect opportunity. The tickets have not shipped yet and I leave September 27th. Should I be worried about not getting them in time? It seems impossible to talk to anyone in charge there. I'm a little worried, thanks!

I would be worried. The ticket situation is a dumpster fire. Check Twitter.

We bought our tickets almost a year ago and hadn’t received them as of two weeks. We tried to contact the ticket customer service via their email and just kept getting an automated response “tickets are in process and contact us if you haven’t received by September 10th.” Our online account finally updated and said “not shipped - delivery by end of day, September 25”

Uhh, excuse me?!?! We are coming from the U.S. for an international event across the Atlantic - who thinks it’s ok to deliver ticket the week the event begins!?!? And, by the way, we are already on a plane on the 25th! (Did I mention we bought our tickets when they went on sale, like, last year?!)

More frantic emails. Finally got a phone number. Multiple frantic international calls (not looking forward to that phone bill). No one knows what is going on. Apparently tons of tickets not sent yet. No one can do anything. After several days of this, we finally get an email saying our tickets and travel passes will be sent via DHL express. Yay!

Oh wait, except the day we received the tickets 3 days later, we also received an email saying “although you may have received your tickets and travel passes, we are deactivating them out of safety. In 5 business days, you will receive a Ryder Cup e-ticket via email.” (Uh, and our travel passes ... what about those??? You know, the things that GET us to the Ryder Cup)

More international calls. “Hey don’t cancel our tickets. We have them.” Shuffled around to different numbers. Finally, someone tells us that our tickets arent yet deactivated. “Great. Make sure they don’t.” Nope, can’t do that. But will send an email to the team and hopefully they will read it. “Uhhhh, great... I guess?”

2 hours later - email informing us that our tickets are deactivated. Awesome. And never an explanation of where this all broke down.

We did receive the eTickets, so I guess we will be showing up at the Ryder Cup with the original tickets, the eTickets on our phones, a printed out copy of the eTickets, and a fireproof file cabinet filled with printouts of the massive email chain documenting this fiasco.

But ya’ know, they only had 10-11 months to get our tickets to people, so I can understand how they couldn’t manage to schedule delivery to everyone until 60 hours before the Opening Ceremony...

WTF??

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I just bought tickets a few days ago for Sunday. I am going to be in Paris and coming from Canada so it felt like the perfect opportunity. The tickets have not shipped yet and I leave September 27th. Should I be worried about not getting them in time? It seems impossible to talk to anyone in charge there. I'm a little worried, thanks!

We bought our tickets almost a year ago and hadn’t received them as of two weeks. We tried to contact the ticket customer service via their email and just kept getting an automated response “tickets are in process and contact us if you haven’t received by September 10th.” Our online account finally updated and said “not shipped - delivery by end of day, September 25”

Uhh, excuse me?!?! We are coming from the U.S. for an international event across the Atlantic - who thinks it’s ok to deliver ticket the week the event begins!?!? And, by the way, we are already on a plane on the 25th! (Did I mention we bought our tickets when they went on sale, like, last year?!)

More frantic emails. Finally got a phone number. Multiple frantic international calls (not looking forward to that phone bill). No one knows what is going on. Apparently tons of tickets not sent yet. No one can do anything. After several days of this, we finally get an email saying our tickets and travel passes will be sent via DHL express. Yay!

Oh wait, except the day we received the tickets 3 days later, we also received an email saying “although you may have received your tickets and travel passes, we are deactivating them out of safety. In 5 business days, you will receive a Ryder Cup e-ticket via email.” (Uh, and our travel passes ... what about those??? You know, the things that GET us to the Ryder Cup)

More international calls. “Hey don’t cancel our tickets. We have them.” Shuffled around to different numbers. Finally, someone tells us that our tickets arent yet deactivated. “Great. Make sure they don’t.” Nope, can’t do that. But will send an email to the team and hopefully they will read it. “Uhhhh, great... I guess?”

2 hours later - email informing us that our tickets are deactivated. Awesome. And never an explanation of where this all broke down.

We did receive the eTickets, so I guess we will be showing up at the Ryder Cup with the original tickets, the eTickets on our phones, a printed out copy of the eTickets, and a fireproof file cabinet filled with printouts of the massive email chain documenting this fiasco.

But ya’ know, they only had 10-11 months to get our tickets to people, so I can understand how they couldn’t manage to schedule delivery to everyone until 60 hours before the Opening Ceremony...

Give them a break. They are French.

Give them a break. They are French.

There is a reason the Germans rolled them twice.....

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Ken picked the U.S.!

Well, it was just a guess!

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

"The Ryder Cup concert" lol.

This event is so far up its arse that I can scarcely even believe it. I bet back in the day, say in 1981, Nicklaus and Trevino et all arrived in Europe on a Tuesday or Wednesday, had a couple of practice rounds and then got down to business. No concert, no WAGs, no junior Ryder Cup, none of this extraneous bilge. I'd love to know whose grand idea all of this is, my guess is Europe's. This thing is much more important to them.

The stands around the first tee alone are a monstrosity. Can't wait to see them only half filled - because the French don't really like golf.

Wait, there's one Frenchman who will be playing - DeChamblow.

There's no French there, full of British as you're there in an hour.... It will be packed come Friday. So you're going to be disappointed in seeing full stands

Watching Sky sports last night and they showed the potential groups, and im even more confident about Europe's chances, we literally don't have a weak pairing, cant remember that from past Ryder cups, we always had at least 2 players they tried to hide

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

This event is so far up its arse that I can scarcely even believe it. I bet back in the day, say in 1981, Nicklaus and Trevino et all arrived in Europe on a Tuesday or Wednesday, had a couple of practice rounds and then got down to business. No concert, no WAGs, no junior Ryder Cup, none of this extraneous bilge. I'd love to know whose grand idea all of this is, my guess is Europe's. This thing is much more important to them.

The stands around the first tee alone are a monstrosity. Can't wait to see them only half filled - because the French don't really like golf.

There's no French there, full of British as you're there in an hour.... It will be packed come Friday. So you're going to be disappointed in seeing full stands

Only an hour for the Brits to get there. This is going to be one wet and wild RC my friends.

pairing on paper dont mean squat...it comes down to who can handle the pressure and make the shots and putts when the match is on the line....by all rights TW should be undefeated in Ryder Cup competitions, but he isnt

My prediction is that someone else than the usual stars will emerge as a hero

Noren

pairing on paper dont mean squat...it comes down to who can handle the pressure and make the shots and putts when the match is on the line....by all rights TW should be undefeated in Ryder Cup competitions, but he isnt

Noren

For Europe im gonna say Fleetwood

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

Noren

Not impossible. That guy's a really cool cat. And he has done well in the WGC matchplay last years. He has not been overly successful lately, but hopefully he will find something this week

Any chance of getting a quarter pounder with cheese there?

They call it a royale with cheese...

Don't forget to get the extra mayonnaise for the fries. "They drown them in that $h!t"...

Bubba, is that you?

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

does the ball that each person plays come into choosing what pairings are done for alternate shot

Absolutely!

I don't think it would be the major factor but definitely a consideration. Phil has been spotted practicing with a Brdigestone over the last couple of days as an example of that. That would tend to suggest that there is a good prospect that he plays with Tiger or Bryson in foursomes.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

does the ball that each person plays come into choosing what pairings are done for alternate shot

Absolutely!

I don't think it would be the major factor but definitely a consideration. Phil has been spotted practicing with a Brdigestone over the last couple of days as an example of that. That would tend to suggest that there is a good prospect that he plays with Tiger or Bryson in foursomes.

Seems like Phil is trying to engineer a paring with Tiger.

I'd be shocked if Phil plays foursomes and I can't see Furyk pairing him with Tiger.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Absolutely!

I'd be shocked if Phil plays foursomes and I can't see Furyk pairing him with Tiger.

I am actually thinking it will Bryson that he goes with. Tiger for me is more likely to be with Reed or JT.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

You really think that? I'm not predicting anything, but the Euros look plenty strong to me. BTW, is this a course that the European Tour plays a regular event on?

It will be very hard for us this time imho, but it's the Ryder Cup so you never know ;)

Only an hour for the Brits to get there. This is going to be one wet and wild RC my friends.

Forecast is good... Sunny in warm in Manchester now so Paris should be perfect!

Absolutely!

Phil shouldn't be playing at all first of all, but when foursomes is on he shouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of the course.