The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (MERGED)

fillwelix

Watching the Portugal Masters and I still convinced Matt Wallace should have been picked for the RC.

Sergio beat him by 9 shots today, and by 7 for the tournament.

Let it go man....

Just because he played good in some fourth tier events? Guys missed all cuts in Majors... RCB comes way before Wallace

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the Portugal Masters and I still convinced Matt Wallace should have been picked for the RC.

Sergio beat him by 9 shots today, and by 7 for the tournament.

Let it go man....

Just because he played good in some fourth tier events? Guys missed all cuts in Majors... RCB comes way before Wallace

nice 65 by Garcia today, surely has more confidence going into the RC now. Solid week.

I would never bet against Sergio being up for the Ryder Cup, regardless of his season to that point. Same for Poulter.

Even if his game is not 100%, I don’t think you can emphasize enough what he brings to the locker room. He is a spiritual leader for the Euros. Having him on the grass, as opposed to just an assistant captain, for those 3 days increases that team unity exponentially.

Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone on the American team has reached that level yet. Patrick Reed May be Captain America, but I think it is fair to say that his peers don’t hold him in the same high esteem as the Euros do with Sergio and Poulter.

I was in your same situation, then I called them and they issued etickets in 1 hour. Tickets arrived a couple of days later but they were not good anymore.

Did you purchase the Ryder Cup Travel Pass? If so, did they deactivate yours?

They cancelled ours and now it is sold out. I’m a bit annoyed because the closest option is nearly twice as expensive.

Also, if there are Parisians (or anyone else with local knowledge), I would love to hear some advice about navigating Paris - both literally and figuratively (hidden gems, avoiding tourist traps, etc.). Right now, we are trying to decide the best transit from CDG to our hotel in central Paris. We arrive rush hour on Tuesday with luggage. It sounds like the train may not be the best option during that time.

And, everyone else, sorry for the threadjack - if there is enough interest in a separate thread about traveling to the Ryder Cup, I could start one.

The metro is straight forward to use and easiest way to get around the city. If your in Paris for a while just wander around the iffel Tower, Gardens underneath towards to louvre... You can spend all day there. Another must for great atmosphere and good food is being in St germain, the a walk along the river. Paris a stunning city especially with the wife or partner... Have fun.

So, I have no idea if this will stir people up or not but I think the Ryder Cup should be 12 singles matches all three days.

Having been at the 2016 Ryder Cup, there's simply not enough golf to support all the fans in attendance or watching on tv the first two days. It was an experience but I have zero interest in going back. It's a made-for-tv event.

Four ball, alternate shot, better ball, I don't even know what they call the first two days but it should be 12 singles matches all three days. That would be awesome.

So, I have no idea if this will stir people up or not but I think the Ryder Cup should be 12 singles matches all three days.

Having been at the 2016 Ryder Cup, there's simply not enough golf to support all the fans in attendance or watching on tv the first two days. It was an experience but I have zero interest in going back. It's a made-for-tv event.

Four ball, alternate shot, better ball, I don't even know what they call the first two days but it should be 12 singles matches all three days. That would be awesome.

The idea doesn't stir me at all. ;-)

IT IS THIS WEEK...sorry I am a little EXCITED!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

So is Stenson healthy?

After Tiger's back to back days of thumping Rose and Rory I'm not liking anyone elses chances, except maybe Fleetwood - but I'm thinking a healthy Stenson has the iron play and stomach for Sunday singles with Tiger.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Sorry but your idea is lame for 4 reasons:

1, The pairings and their chemistry is one of the greatest parts of the RC.

2, 60k on course vs 60m watching on TV

3, Two sets of matches per day throws in the dilemma of who to play vs who to bench. Makes for great stories and gossip eg FIGJAM in 2014 or the Euros in 1999

4. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it

PXG Gen 2 X MCA Diamana BF
Callaway Epic 15* GD AD I
Callaway Epic Hybrid 20* GD AD I
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged/ Hot Metal Combo 5-9
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Circa 5
Bridgestone BX

Nope. The first 2 days are actually much better TV. With only 4 matches on the course, they pretty easily cover every shot (especially in Foursomes) so you see everything. In the singles, guys go 4 or 5 holes without you seeing a shot.

As for those in attendance, c'est la vie!

Reed and Duval without shades. And NONE wearin Oakleys .

Maybe Reed and DD were the only ones to not partake in Tiger's festivities on the way over.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

Reed and Duval without shades. And NONE wearin Oakleys .

Maybe Reed and DD were the only ones to not partake in Tiger's festivities on the way over.

roflmao :cheesy:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Four of the bottom 6 players at East Lake are on the US Ryder Cup team, while 4 of the European team are in the top 8 #justsaying

Let's look at their most recent round (Just Sayin');

65 Fowler

67 Johnson

67 Simpson

67 DeChambeau

67 Molinari

68 Fleetwood

69 Thomas

70 Koepka

71 Casey

71 Woods

71 Reed

72 Rahm

72 Finau

72 Mickelson

73 Rose

74 McIlroy

75 Watson

are we talking about boring arse soccer?? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hahaha! Soccer! I don't think anyone would be crowing about winning a soccer game. Pretty sure that's a kid's game.

I think the thing I watched was some version of that frat paddle game the Euros like to play, but without the paddle. Tons of really serious injuries that heal almost instantly.

Got to love it when Americans make jokes about football (Not soccer) when their 4 biggest sports are all played by about 3 countries each, yet they are the "world champions"

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

Hahaha! Soccer! I don't think anyone would be crowing about winning a soccer game. Pretty sure that's a kid's game.

I think the thing I watched was some version of that frat paddle game the Euros like to play, but without the paddle. Tons of really serious injuries that heal almost instantly.

Got to love it when Americans make jokes about football (Not soccer) when their 4 biggest sports are all played by about 3 countries each, yet they are the "world champions"

Now now. Let's leave the jingoism to the yobbos and backwards hat wearing set.

I'm actually hoping this Ryder Cup can actually bring us back from the edge, compared to the last Ryder Cup & Presidents Cup which were gong shows.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

We are back to back world war champions as well :) but fortunately politics are forbidden from WRX so you can have your little fooseball win.

"GREAT" Ryder Cup moments

1927: The American team qualification said you had to be born in the US. It is later discovered that Johnny Golden was born in Europe. And he wasn't a native of the British Isles as you would expect, he came from Austria-Hungary! His Wikipedia page still lists him as being born in New York.

1929: The British team refuses to allow the Americans to use steel shafts that were recently declared legal by the USGA. The R&A didn't approve them until 1930. GB wins 7-5 and the world is thankful the GolfWRX forum doesn't exist yet.

1931: Played in summer heat at Scioto, team GB loses 9-3. The British PGA petitions that the Ryder Cup is never played in midsummer again in the US. These days most of the European Ryder Cup team now lives in the southern US or the Bahamas.

1933: Denny Shute faces a 30 foot par putt to win the Ryder Cup in the last match. He three putts and the US loses for the last time until 1957. Denny is very thankful no one remembers this.

1947: British Captain Henry Cotton demands that Captain Ben Hogan and the rest of the American team's irons be tested for illegal grooves. All pass inspection and the US delivers the worst beating by any team in Ryder Cup history 11-1.

1949: Captain Ben Hogan wants the British team's irons checked. Some were found non conforming and had to be filled in to a proper depth overnight.

1957: Do you believe in miracles? YES! Great Britain dominates the singles 6 1/2 to 1 1/2 to win going away. The one British player left out of the day's play, Henry Weetman, publicly refused to play the Ryder Cup again if Dai Rees was the captain, He was suspended by the British PGA for a year. and got that cut in half only by the intervention of Rees himself.

1967: Captain Ben Hogan opts to use the British ball in Texas. US wins 23 1/2 to 8 1/2.

1969: Captain Eric Brown tells his team not to look for American balls lost in the rough. Captain Bjorn pondering this strategy as we speak. This tie is famous for Nicklaus conceding the final putt of a very contentious event to Jacklin. Captain Snead was not happy about it. Of course, if he had opted to play Jack five times instead of three, maybe the US would have won by a bigger margin.

1981: Seve doesn't play due to an argument with the European Tour over appearance fees. After not getting a spot in the US PGA in 1979 or 1980 despite winning a major, I'm surprised Seve had anything to do with the Ryder Cup at all.