Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

That's exactly what I did.... Addiction fully in tact and TS3 now on the bench.

Really? TS3 benched? Damn. I hate you. LOL!

I’ve only hit the TS3 twice at the range and so far it’s not giving the LTD any serious competition. It’s certainly quite good, but the flight and the sound have not impressed me compared to the tried and true LTD I’ve had for 3 years. Familiarity is pretty darn important for me. If a new club isn’t CLEARLY better, I just am not interested in changing.

I hit the F9 about 10 times into the net at GG a couple weeks ago and loved the sound and feel. Monitor was turned off already because they were closing up so I don’t know anything about numbers. I’m honestly thinking that it’s a bit irrelevant because nearly everyone testing it has been getting good numbers. It’s clear that the head is a winner. It just seems to be an issue of fitting the correct shaft.

Yes! And I adore them such a wonderful size, shape and feel.

Any comparisons as far as size and shape?

Really compact which I prefer. I like Rickies input too, the tungsten plug in the center of the sole and toe moved the traditional small mb/cb sweet spot up and from the heel. It’s dead center and you notice it in iron stability. The result is a exceptionally compact and balanced iron. I’m very committed to the 19’ CB’s think they sound and feel amazing too, perfect.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

was fit into f9 driver and 3/4 fairway yesterday at club champion. idiot I am didn’t make them try out the stock shaft offerings but of what I tried, the VA Raijin 54 stiff was my best numbers for driver.

very excited to find the best place to order this. any of you fitter types able to say what may be the closest stock shaft to that VA Raijin?

Back for my review of today's demo outside at my club on the range...No monitor just old school measurements and observations of flight and where the ball landed (ie Carry).

Background: Carried a +1.1 hcp in 2016 and took all of 2018 off due to work and personal issues with family. Getting back into golf the last 2 months with only 2 rounds played but those were a -1 under round in NC on a day group trip and a 76 a few weeks back at my home track where I struggled. I use to be 30 years ago a collegiate golfer and in the past decade competed regularly in local amateur tournaments from the tips often finding myself in the top 15 out of Top 100 area golfers but just don't have the juice or time to really compete against the 20 somethings who are stronger faster and play all the time. I usually hold my own against the 40 somethings as I'm typically a +2 to +8 guy over 3 day individual tournaments playing all the USGA rules. The few times I've hit indoors I'm typically in the 2400-2600 spin range on solid strikes as an average. spin is your friend IMO when it comes to playing golf I need the 2500 avg for solid control and fairway finding.

Today: Couldn't wait for the weather to hit the 50 degree mark as it was calling for 10+ winds around noon so I went and tested the F9 with 2 shaft options and 2 head options against my F8+. It was a balmy 38* when I started but only a soft 4-5 mph wind coming in from my left (barely noticeable) and felt quite warm with the recent weather most of the US has been hit with.

Tested: F9 at 9* head with Hazrdous Smoke and F9 at 10.5* with Atoms Blue or Black (not 100% sure as they're all black from Cobra) 6s tour spec, and my F8+ hazardous Yellow 6.0. All shafts at 45.25".

The range goes gradually up hill with aiming point (large popular on edge of range) sitting at 245 (256 slope) to it's base (used Bushnell rangefinder to have a measuring point).

Warmed up with a few 8 and 9 irons and immediately jumped in with my 2 large buckets of yellow hard range balls. (Strata's most in good condition)

today was a good comparison as I was really swinging the Driver well and started with my current configuration F8+ set at 10.5d setting. I also switched back and forth to 9.5*d setting and was achieving very similar distance and dispersion numbers. I swing at it from 100-105 but tried today to swing as I do on the course in the lower of these SS. 102ss is my golf ss when trying to acutally play the game. I can get to 104-105 when trying to go for nothing but distance on monitors. today was more about accuracy, flight, and of course distance.

The F8+ was averaging just short of the tree (245 to the base). Appeared to be about 5-8 yards on average short of hitting the tree. Went to the F9 with Smoke and very similar numbers. The flight was similar and dispersion just average as well. Mostly within 10 yards either way of aiming point with my F8+ and Smoke F9 9*. Then it happened. I picked up the F9 10.5 with Atmos 6S (again either Blue or Black...can't wait to confirm which it is). Ball had a slightly higher penetrating trajectory that just kept carrying while blazing an almost strait line to the tree...an wham it was landing about 5-10 yards past the tree. I have to admit I got excited immediately as I started to rapid fire with this 10.5 head and shaft and couldn't see to get a mishit. I believe I hit about 45-50 strait shots at that tree with this combination and new I had found what I had been searching for.

Based on the range finder I was getting a solid 250-255 carry uphill ( if I took slope into account that was putting me in the 260-270 carry range which I haven't seen in several years.

This F9 with Atomos 6S tour spec shaft also felt wonderful for my 102ss and couldn't have been a strait er ball flight. I did manage to hit the tree 4 times (the main part of the tree not the branches) and was only off by 10yards of less it seemed on at least 50 shots. Again getting excited I started picking different aiming points and this combination just kept giving me added distance and accuracy that was unreal. Maybe today was just a fluke of good ball striking but it confirmed what others have experienced with the F9...If you pair with a good shaft for your swing it will produce incredible results. It's really a great head. The feel was just as others you tube reviews have stated...not loud but solid whack that is so pleasing and the club head is as close to a purely struck Blade as a Driver hit in the middle can be. It truly check's all the boxes for me.

Being active on this site for the past month I thought lets see if its just the shaft. So I moved my shaft with these in the various combinations of heads and nada...nothing matched like the Atmos paired with F9 10.5d setting. I did put the Atmos into my F8+ and 10 yard drop off immediately. In all honesty I only hit about 5 balls each in the various combinations as none came remotely close to the trajectory, spin, control of the aforementioned combo.

I still had about 60 more balls to go through. So I took about 10 minutes and sat on the bench to try and figure out what to do next with the clubs...No brainer I got up and immediately put the Atmos 6s back into the F9 10.5 and hit another 40 balls or so before being soreness and sweat was oozing through my golf glove and forearms started to ache. My hands also became sore. In the end I started switching off to the Smoke and yellow shafts and hitting those in 10* setting, neutral settings, even a 11* setting in my current gamer but quickly came back to the F9 10.5* Atmos.

Went into the clubhouse after it was over with and checked to see if I could buy this (first time hit) demo from the pro but said he could order me one. May take a couple of weeks.

Lastly I'll say and I may be in the minority here but I actually also love the yellow underbelly and strongly love the gloss head of the F9. I haven't see the avalanche (matte) look but really don't need to as from a visual this club was super easy to align and set up to. I will be getting a Black and Yellow F9 10.5* head with Atmos 6S shaft. Now I just need to confirm if I was testing the blue or the black in this combination. Good luck and it's the best driver I've hit distance and accuracy since the Ping G30Ls but sounds and feels so much better. Glad I took the time to chase this driver (as I wasn't overly sold on it hitting at a GG last week). I think everyone should try this driver before purchasing anything else....I believe it will go down in Cobra lore as a Legend much the way true Cobra loyalist are to the LTD pro, much like I was to the Ping G20 and G30Ls I played competitively for about that 5 year run winning 3 club championships and 3 4-ball tournaments against quality fields. I've found the next driver I can play for the next 3-4 years I believe!

edit: Just informed the shaft was the Atmos Black Tour Spec 6s.. That's exactly what I'm ordering...See if my club will cut me a deal or will get quote from Discount dans as this is the basic stock offering from Cobra...Good luck all I'm done

Was able to do a head to head today on an AboutGolf sim. The sim does funny things with smash and club head speed( smash is always below 1.4 and club head speed faster than a speed radar) so I look at launch, ball speed,spin and carry.

Ping G lst Copperhead 70tx

Ball speed 154

Spin 2455

Launch 12 deg

Carry 262

F9 PO 70tx

Ball speed 159

Spin 2142

Launch 12 deg

Carry 272

I can also say I love the feel and sound compared to both ping G lst and Ping G30. Weights were heavy forward. Might switch them when playing for real for a little more spin.

Picked up this to go with the F9 driver I love! I will report back a review after a few rounds

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TITLEIST TSR1 - 20 - MMTHybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM10 Raw 48F/53F/58T- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / SWAG Redrum

Just ordered the f9 fairway from discount dans. I highly encourage everyone to reach out to them for pricing before purchasing elsewhere!

Cobra’s no charge upgrade shaft list puts other manufacturers to shame. If Taylormade didn’t have their 150% trade in deal I would have ordered the cobra driver. I really don’t like the look of the cobra driver though. I can’t quite put my finger on why. If they don’t hold their value per usual cobra then I’ll likely pick one up second hand in the next month or so though!!

2019:
G400LST 8.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125MSI 60 stiff
Cobra 3/4 f9; Atmos Blue TS 7s
Cobra 4/5 f8+; Atmos Red TS 8s
3i - PW Miura CB1008; KBS Tour 120s; 2up +1/2”
53* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge
59* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge

Byron Morgan DH89 flow neck 2* loft 71* lie
Bettinardi Something Fishy Prototype BB0; Registry #RJB2821; 2* loft; 71* lie

Just ordered the f9 fairway from discount dans. I highly encourage everyone to reach out to them for pricing before purchasing elsewhere!

Cobras no charge upgrade shaft list puts other manufacturers to shame. If Taylormade didnt have their 150% trade in deal I would have ordered the cobra driver. I really dont like the look of the cobra driver though. I cant quite put my finger on why. If they dont hold their value per usual cobra then Ill likely pick one up second hand in the next month or so though!!

What are we talking in price difference between DD & straight from cobra?

Seen several people recommend ordering from DD but haven’t seen prices.

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

I should really just stop reading this thread. It is absolutely pointless to buy another driver right now. It just snowed again last night and I haven’t even had good enough weather in the last month to take my new TS3 on the course.

....but I’m having a hard time fighting off the urge with all these glowing reviews.

Do I go ahead and have an ongoing winter TS3 -LTD -F9 smackdown driving range battle to decide the gamer this spring?? ; )

Do it!

Cobra’s no charge upgrade shaft list puts other manufacturers to shame. If Taylormade didn’t have their 150% trade in deal I would have ordered the cobra driver. I really don’t like the look of the cobra driver though. I can’t quite put my finger on why. If they don’t hold their value per usual cobra then I’ll likely pick one up second hand in the next month or so though!!

Don't advertise the DD prices. The only way they can keep them at the price they do is no one talks about them. Contact DD if you want to know their prices.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

Played 36 for the first time with the F9. Impressions very strong. Was a big fan of the F8+. Not sure the F9 is noticeably longer (as I hadn’t played these tracks before), but it felt better, sounded great/muted, but most importantly was more forgiving. I am a poor driver of the ball, but some strikes that had no business being in the fairway still got out there and got left/right edge. Prefer this big time over the G400 Max that I had. Very happy.

Played another 18 today. Getting more confident in the driver and was teeing it off well. Continue to really enjoy it, in particular it’s forgiveness. I have hacked around with virtually all of the 2018 drivers and this is by far my favorite to date. Have not hit the Epic Flash or M5/6 but have no desire to do so. I had just a couple of pulled shots, but they were playable but most were nice trajectory fades (my preferred driver shape). Feel is really nice.

Of course, the ho in me won’t let a good thing be and am wondering if I should hit this against the gen2 0811X and XF. Latter in particular has peaked my interest with a max MOI head with “mid range” spin.

Anyone compare the F9 directly against the new PXGs?

Don't advertise the DD prices. The only way they can keep them at the price they do is no one talks about them. Contact DD if you want to know their prices.

Yep - not a good idea to put their prices online. Just email them for a quote. They got back to me in 30 minutes late Friday evening. I'm sure you will get a reply first thing on Monday. It's free to get a quote. Trust me - just email them with exactly what you want... all the specs as if you were ordering it from cobra directly. You will be happy that you did.

2019:
53* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge
59* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge

Do you have a list of the no upcharge shafts?

Just went back and tried the F9 on GC2. Spin was way down averaging 2000-2100 at 120 club head speed but launch angle seemed too high at 14 degree average. Any advice how to correct this? Thought 8-10 for high club head speed. Very surprised at the discrepancy on launch and spin. Last time launch was too low and spin too high.

Perhaps hitting too high on face? Tee was slightly higher than before.

Just went back and tried the F9 on GC2. Spin was way down averaging 2000-2100 at 120 club head speed but launch angle seemed too high at 14 degree average. Any advice how to correct this? Thought 8-10 for high club head speed. Very surprised at the discrepancy on launch and spin. Last time launch was too low and spin too high.

14* and 2000-2100 is just fine and about as optimal for distance as you can get IF you can control it and don’t have issues with left/right dispersion. 8-10* would be low and would need a little more spin. 10-12* and 2300-2500 is a good overall combination

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Cobra's no charge upgrade shaft list puts other manufacturers to shame. If Taylormade didn't have their 150% trade in deal I would have ordered the cobra driver. I really don't like the look of the cobra driver though. I can't quite put my finger on why. If they don't hold their value per usual cobra then I'll likely pick one up second hand in the next month or so though!!

I built what I wanted on the Cobra website.... there's a drop down menu when you custom build a club with shafts and it tells you how much they charge for each one. Most are zero. I then copied and pasted what I built after it was in my cart and sent it to DD for a quote.

2019:
53* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge
59* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge

14* and 2000-2100 is just fine and about as optimal for distance as you can get IF you can control it and don’t have issues with left/right dispersion. 8-10* would be low and would need a little more spin. 10-12* and 2300-2500 is a good overall combination

Thank you. And this driver rocks!

Cobra's no charge upgrade shaft list puts other manufacturers to shame. If Taylormade didn't have their 150% trade in deal I would have ordered the cobra driver. I really don't like the look of the cobra driver though. I can't quite put my finger on why. If they don't hold their value per usual cobra then I'll likely pick one up second hand in the next month or so though!!

I built what I wanted on the Cobra website.... there's a drop down menu when you custom build a club with shafts and it tells you how much they charge for each one. Most are zero. I then copied and pasted what I built after it was in my cart and sent it to DD for a quote.

Perfect thanks!

Cobras no charge upgrade shaft list puts other manufacturers to shame. If Taylormade didnt have their 150% trade in deal I would have ordered the cobra driver. I really dont like the look of the cobra driver though. I cant quite put my finger on why. If they dont hold their value per usual cobra then Ill likely pick one up second hand in the next month or so though!!

It’s worth the call. I also ordered from them.

Never played anything Cobra. What settings are available with the adjustable hosel?

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

How would you guys compare the MB/CB set? Are they similar in size to MB/CB for Titleist?

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

I hope Cobra is reading this bc I have never hit a Cobra driver before and the F9 is simply amazing. I am a big TM fanboy and have had many of their drivers/woods with so many shaft combos etc and this thing torched my M2/M4 and the M5 that I went into purchase. The M5 felt like hitting a brick wall! I know I sound like a broken record at this point but this is a gem of a club. And cost just makes it so much sweeter....!!

Just emailed Discount Dan's for a price quote. Thanks for the recommendations. Excited to get the quote. Hopefully they will email me back on Monday. Ready to spend!

They will respond fast. DD is in Oregon. Not sure what time zone your in. It will be worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Just emailed Discount Dan's for a price quote. Thanks for the recommendations. Excited to get the quote. Hopefully they will email me back on Monday. Ready to spend!

DDs is the way to go. I've ordered 5 iron sets and at least six or seven drivers from them the last 5-6 years, haha.

I'm on the verge of ordering a F9 from them as well... I can't decide between the even flow white, Hzrdus smoke, or Atmos black...

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”