Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Yesterday I was 115 swing speed, 172 ball, 12* launch (loft at 7.5*), 2300 spin. Carry on average was right around 300 with 2 yards of roll out. Smash was also 1.49 on average.

Awesome launch numbers. Where are you playing, a rainforest? Are you missing a 0? With those numbers I’d imagine you’d be getting roll like whoa.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

Thanks for the info. I don't know much about this. But in my example above I thought I had a +AOA and impact tape showed perfect sweet spot strike with still 2750 spin. Shaft felt great. Could I benefit from tipping 0.5 inch and maintain same 45.5 length? That help lower spin slightly to 2400-2600 as you say?

Not enough info. Swingspeed? Average AoA? Which shaft did you test with? Predominantly Draw spin or fade spin? If you play a fade you probably will never get below 2600.

Tipping usually lowers spin a hair, but it also stiffens the shaft. At some point that extra stiffness feels bad.

Slightly off topic....Regarding playing it at 45.5"?? Look above my avatar for my rather strong opinion on that. The single Worst thing to happen to golf equipment in the last 30 years is the obscene "standard" 45+ inch driver lengths which actually suit perhaps 10-15% of golfers.

Millions and millions of strokes would be saved each year if drivers were rolled back to the 44" standard of the 80's.....Mini rant over.

Wow. Thank you. I did have my drivers 44.5 length or shorter but impact tape showed I hit middle pretty close on longer shafts these days in comparison and I'm moving back to stock length of 45.5. I'm alsi 6 foot 1 if that matters slightly.

As for your question, I do tend to have a slight push fade and later release with 3 degree in to out plane typically

Cobra F9 9 degrees, set to 7.5 degrees, Atmos Black TS 6X

125 club speed

174.5 ball speed

9.2 launch angle

2751 spin

310 carry

12 yard fade

1.42 smash (machine never gets above 1.45 I am told) and impact tape couldn't have been more centered in sweet spot

I'm sill inclined to buy the F9 with this shaft and perhaps adjust a few swing parameters rather than just tip the shaft.

Just to clarify, I'd never talk anyone out of a 45+ inch driver if that is indeed what works best for them. Taller people with shorter arms for their height are often just fine with with 45+ inch drivers. It's just frustrating that they have become "standard" and MOST people shouldn't use them.

Anyway. Regarding your numbers. Extremely impressive. I actually think 2751 given your speed and the fact you play a fade is essentially maximized with that set up. That 6X shaft is not at all ideal for you. I swing 110 and that's what I would use if I ordered one for myself.

If I were fitting you and you wanted to stay in a stock shaft I would recommend going to the black 7x tipped an inch. At 125 you are officially a beast. Top .5% of all swing speeds. Very tricky fit.

If money was no object I would order a Tensei Pro Orange in a 70tx, or I would order a Standard shaft, pull it and set it aside for resale down the road, and talk to JT at Toll Bros and see about getting super exotic low spin tour shaft. Perhaps the new aldila tour Green 70TX that Rahm has in his TM now.

A better shaft fit should shave another 200-300 revs for you.....and you would officially be REALLY long.

Are you a fitter ?

No he watched both seasons of Driver vs Driver.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

For anyone questioning spin in the F9 being higher, I dont know what to say because same shaft from my F8+ (Tensei Pro White 70x) in the F9 produced lower spin than with F8+. Yesterday I was 115 swing speed, 172 ball, 12* launch (loft at 7.5*), 2300 spin. Carry on average was right around 300 with 2 yards of roll out. Smash was also 1.49 on average. Basically....go test different drivers and multiple shafts. There are so many shafts available through Cobra that you can find something that works great for you and more than likely at no upcharge. Also, mine has been hot melted and standard 14g weight in the front.
Those are pro level numbers bro....good for you!!!

Was about to get out today to hit a few balls and play 9 holes, other then hitting balls a few times, this was the first golf I’ve played this year. Driver feels great and looks great, I question whether it’s a little draw bias, anyone else’s thoughts? Could have been a few different things or have just been the day and swing as I did miss some irons left as well but hit some draws/pull draws. Obviously still need to get accustom to it as well as playing some more.

Went with the Pro Orange 70TX, as I was able to get it at no upcharge and figured it would have the best resale value. Just don’t think I get along well with counterbalanced shafts, so will probably offload that soon. Have a couple other options I will try as well as tinker with the settings, all in all though I think the driver is great and will be fantastic once it’s dialed in.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

I hit the F9 last night with a tensei AV blue 65tx shaft

Really liked this driver. Low spin, great launch. Great feel, very muted sound.

Didn't get on a launch monitor (that will come)

Very nice stick

You're welcome.

I noticed for me it seemed to turn over easy. Likely has to do with the way I was swinging rather than the shaft (Tensei Tour AV proto 65TX) or head

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I was thinking the exact same thing.... that's a $200 upcharge.

Tell us how you did it brother

Pretty much a perk of knowing the right person, my good friend and 4ball partner, one of his friends wife works for Cobra, gave me the driver at 45% off of the online configured price.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

As I follow this thread it seems the common sayings are spin is a bit up there. I have been wondering if the Cnc milling has anything to do with spin numbers being high(er)?

If the face has cnc milling similar to a wedge. I know it’s not exact same milling,but usually milling creates spin. Makes me wonder. We only ever hear milling helps create spin in the golf world. One wouldn’t want milling on a driver face then. Just me thinking out loud though. I know it probably has more to do with feel,but again,makes me wonder.

I think face roughness/milling actually works differently in a driver than it does a wedge. Pretty sure in a driver it stops the ball from sliding up the face, therefore lowering spin. Hence why PING, Bridgestone, Cobra, and others are ok with some face texture.

Played 36 for the first time with the F9. Impressions very strong. Was a big fan of the F8+. Not sure the F9 is noticeably longer (as I hadn’t played these tracks before), but it felt better, sounded great/muted, but most importantly was more forgiving. I am a poor driver of the ball, but some strikes that had no business being in the fairway still got out there and got left/right edge. Prefer this big time over the G400 Max that I had. Very happy.

Was hitting the F9 today. Usually i carry the ball around 210 meters with good strikes but i have been praticing and also been taking some lessons. But god damn i hit the F9 good! Beautiful little draws and my s*** strikes also hit the fairways and went 200 meters. High ballspeeds. I have trouble coming over 150mph but now it happened several times. Also the distances were up quite a bit! The club does look beautiful in person and i did feel confidence at address. Have in mind that these results are with stock shaft and no custom fitting. Very good results for me.

Bryson with two wins and driving the ball exceptionally well, consider me impressed by all of this, trying it soon, I can't say it enough, huge huge thumbs up to Cobra for making this club a full $100 cheaper.

Ping G430 LST 9 Project X HZRDUS Red RDX 6X

Ping G430 LST 15@14 Project X HZRDUS Black Gen 4 7X

Ping G430 3H Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 85X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Orange Dot Dynamic Gold X100

Ping S159 50, 56, 60 X100 in 50, 56, S400 in 60

SeeMore SBC20 46" Broomstick

Off to demo the F9. Top driver of 2019??? MAYBE!

Holy cow!! full write up later . Tried to buy the Demo 10.5 Yellow headed beauty w Atmos black (or Blue) Not for sure which it was as Cobra says all the Atmos are colored black) tour spec 6S from my club pro on the spot. Hitting drives to where I use to hit my G30ls 4 years ago .Dispersion was incredible!! Waiting to get back on laptop for full details. May not wait for my pro. Definitely ordering the F9 10.5 w Atmos black. The perfect driver for me .

Ill be disappointed if I ever miss a fairway again....:-)

Does anyone know how to tell from the markings which is black spec vs blue spec on the shaft from Cobra? Don't want to mess this up. My guess is it is the Atmos Blue 6s since this was a demo club from Cobra and on their site it shows the 6S as 'recommended' shaft is the Blue (colored black). The 7s 'recommended is Black (colored black also). Damit I'm confused....guess I'll call my pro on Monday for him to make sure which it is 'cause' it was perfect....

Bryson with two wins and driving the ball exceptionally well, consider me impressed by all of this, trying it soon, I can't say it enough, huge huge thumbs up to Cobra for making this club a full $100 cheaper.

They hit where Wilson missed completely.

Now all we need is Rickie to start playing better and we can all justify F9's :D :D

If you listen to TM, improved play will be because of the ball...

I should really just stop reading this thread. It is absolutely pointless to buy another driver right now. It just snowed again last night and I haven’t even had good enough weather in the last month to take my new TS3 on the course.

....but I’m having a hard time fighting off the urge with all these glowing reviews.

Do I go ahead and have an ongoing winter TS3 -LTD -F9 smackdown driving range battle to decide the gamer this spring?? ; )

I should really just stop reading this thread. It is absolutely pointless to buy another driver right now. It just snowed again last night and I haven’t even had good enough weather in the last month to take my new TS3 on the course.

....but I’m having a hard time fighting off the urge with all these glowing reviews.

Do I go ahead and have an ongoing winter TS3 -LTD -F9 smackdown driving range battle to decide the gamer this spring?? ; )

Same happening here, although I've added the PXG into the mix.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled