2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned before, but I saw in the demo bag today that they have BLACK versions of the Atmos TS Black. Is this something that was done solely for Cobra, as I don’t see that as an offering on the Fujikura website. And is it a real deal or made-for, or is it just the paint is made-for Cobra? I love my Atmos TS Black, but I’ve never really loved a white shaft. Thanks for any info.

Just back from an hour long session with a few drivers putting them up against my 2017 M1

I'm looking for a bit more forgiveness and not chasing extra yards and my results were slightly surprising....All clubs hit with HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

M5 - Felt AWFUL, the shortest of all the ones i tested and definitely not what I was expecting...couldn't get overall distance over 265

Epic Flash SZ - Felt very "hollow" was going a mile but I could not tighten up the dispersion (hit a few with Tensee Blu and felt like I couldn't control the head during transition)

Ping G400 LST - Felt great and I was all set to buy it - the one thing that felt weird was the shaft length, you can really feel the 1" difference between this years clubs

Last up was the F9 - I left this one til last as I was really really interested...

Glad I did!....WOW!! This thing is a MONSTER!

Whilst the Epic Flash SZ Beat it on the odd shot the F9 was consistently the best performer, yardage never dropped below 270 total whereas every other club dropped below this number on miss-hits

On slight miss-hits I was not losing much yardage at all and when hitting I was calling the bad strikes and my jaw was dropping as to how good they ended up being!

The only quandary I have is which spec to go for...I tried 2 main setups and the numbers are in the pic below

9' with weight back is the yellow ones

10.5' lofted DOWN to 9.5 is the white one

My bad shot has traditionally being left which is why we set the 10.5' to loft down and it sits noticeably open and led to a far straighter ball flight

Strangely the 9' seems to be spinning higher than the 10.5' which I thought was the other way around in terms of design

Any thoughts on the below? Which spec would you go for?

Just back from an hour long session with a few drivers putting them up against my 2017 M1

I'm looking for a bit more forgiveness and not chasing extra yards and my results were slightly surprising....All clubs hit with HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

M5 - Felt AWFUL, the shortest of all the ones i tested and definitely not what I was expecting...couldn't get overall distance over 265

Epic Flash SZ - Felt very "hollow" was going a mile but I could not tighten up the dispersion (hit a few with Tensee Blu and felt like I couldn't control the head during transition)

Ping G400 LST - Felt great and I was all set to buy it - the one thing that felt weird was the shaft length, you can really feel the 1" difference between this years clubs

Last up was the F9 - I left this one til last as I was really really interested...

Whilst the Epic Flash SZ Beat it on the odd shot the F9 was consistently the best performer, yardage never dropped below 270 total whereas every other club dropped below this number on miss-hits

On slight miss-hits I was not losing much yardage at all and when hitting I was calling the bad strikes and my jaw was dropping as to how good they ended up being!

The only quandary I have is which spec to go for...I tried 2 main setups and the numbers are in the pic below

My bad shot has traditionally being left which is why we set the 10.5' to loft down and it sits noticeably open and led to a far straighter ball flight

Strangely the 9' seems to be spinning higher than the 10.5' which I thought was the other way around in terms of design

Did you have weight back as well in 9.5 configuration? The reason you are getting lower spin is due to higher angle of attack. I would go with the 2nd option as those numbers are as good as it gets for your swing speed.

You must be one hell of a ball striker! A perfect 1.50 smash factor!?! Wow!! LOL!! Those stupid shop machines are so messed up it’s funny.

This may already be out there,

But can someone compare the Atmos TS Black VS the Smoke?

Are the fairly similar in feel & playability?

I got the smoke in mine but now I’m starting to have second thoughts.

CP

I can't compare it to the smoke, but I can compare it to the hzrdus black - to me the Atmos was very telephone pole like with very little feel, perhaps the least amount of feel from any shaft I've tried (I've tried a lot). It has the stereotypical Fujikura dead-feel. The Hzrdus black I played was tipped an inch in 6.5 flex and had more feel to me than the Atmos Black in X flex, but was still very stout. I like sturdy feeling shafts with a hint of flex/feel...so shafts like Hzrdus, non EvenFlo T1100, Kuro Kage XD etc etc.

The smoke might be totally different than hzrdus black..not sure.

Thats why I went Atmos Blue in Regular flex. Plenty stiff for me too.

Is your regular flex Atmos blue a TS shaft? I don’t see Fuji listing a blue TS in regular their website. But they do show the 2018 Atmos line up in regular. Little confusing because the paint job on the 2018 Atmos on Fuji site is different then the 2017 Atmos TS. And of course specs are different too. I understand that Cobra said they are real deal TS and changed the paint.

King LTD Black CK Tensei Blue S 44”
Titleist 915f 15deg 3w Diamana 70g blue
Cobra King Forged CB ‘19 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4i Project X Catalyst 80
Cobra F6 Baffler Rogue Black 70
Ping Glide 2.0  Stealth 50, 54, 58 SS
Kenny Giannini G6

You must be one hell of a ball striker! A perfect 1.50 smash factor!?! Wow!! LOL!! Those stupid shop machines are so messed up it’s funny.

Why do you make that assumption? I hit the F9 on a trackman at club champion and had a smash factor of 1.52 on one swing and 1.51 on another. Average was just under 1.50 for me.

This may already be out there,

But can someone compare the Atmos TS Black VS the Smoke?

Are the fairly similar in feel & playability?

I got the smoke in mine but now I’m starting to have second thoughts.

CP

I can't compare it to the smoke, but I can compare it to the hzrdus black - to me the Atmos was very telephone pole like with very little feel, perhaps the least amount of feel from any shaft I've tried (I've tried a lot). It has the stereotypical Fujikura dead-feel. The Hzrdus black I played was tipped an inch in 6.5 flex and had more feel to me than the Atmos Black in X flex, but was still very stout. I like sturdy feeling shafts with a hint of flex/feel...so shafts like Hzrdus, non EvenFlo T1100, Kuro Kage XD etc etc.

The smoke might be totally different than hzrdus black..not sure.

Thats why I went Atmos Blue in Regular flex. Plenty stiff for me too.

Is your regular flex Atmos blue a TS shaft? I don’t see Fuji listing a blue TS in regular their website. But they do show the 2018 Atmos line up in regular. Little confusing because the paint job on the 2018 Atmos on Fuji site is different then the 2017 Atmos TS. And of course specs are different too. I understand that Cobra said they are real deal TS and changed the paint.

It is a reg Atmos Blue TS and yes it is real deal. Totally confirmed this prior to purchase. It was also painted black to match the heads. I have a very smooth 105mph driver swing speed and see no consistency issues at all. Im one of those mid-low spin guys that has no need for a boardy shaft to control the numbers. I like a lot of initial launch as well so I’m playing the 10.5 head. Play what works for you!

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Quickie.

Tried the F9 2 days ago and it definitely bears more looking in to.

Guy was finishing up and hit the F9 with a 50 weight Tensei Blue stiff, heavy weight forward. So, even though having no interest I picked it up and tried it. I was already warmed up so,,,,,,,

First swing, right out of the center, slight draw (my preferred shot shape) and 10 yards more carry than my current Fusion and pretty much any other driver I've spent any sort of test time with. Spin rate of about 2100 could account for the carry difference (usually about 2500).

So, of course I took another dozen swings or so and only repeated that first shot 1 other time. Was very inconsistent with the other swings. Makes a little sense since in the backswing I never quite knew where the shaft was so of course it felt a bit strange coming down to the ball.

Anyway, I normally swing a 60 weight class (low-low) shaft right now and, without exception, any 70 weight shaft I've ever swung was at least 10 yards short of my 60 weight so I'm wondering if the additional 10 I saw was solely due to the 50 class shaft.

Tensei Blue is also mid-mid.

So I guess I'll see what happens when I make more time to make at least a somewhat thorough test of more shafts. Great first impression though. ;)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Driver showed up yesterday...now need some decent weather to be able to get out and hit it!

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Driver showed up yesterday...now need some decent weather to be able to get out and hit it!

True wrx golfwrx dont let weather stop them from hitting a new club. Suck it up. Haha just giving u a hard time.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Why do you make that assumption? I hit the F9 on a trackman at club champion and had a smash factor of 1.52 on one swing and 1.51 on another. Average was just under 1.50 for me.

Sorry. Just pointing out that shop machines are almost always messed with in order to get be better numbers than are actually realistic. They are jacked up to show more distance and sell more clubs.

Perhaps you do hit it absolutely dead center every time. I have no idea. I know I sure don’t.

Sorry. Just pointing out that shop machines are almost always messed with in order to get be better numbers than are actually realistic. They are jacked up to show more distance and sell more clubs.

Perhaps you do hit it absolutely dead center every time. I have no idea. I know I sure don’t.

I don’t place much value in the numbers as factual from a “that’s how far it would actually go” but from a comparison approach then that’s how I look at them i.e. I couldn’t care less what one set of figures says but when I’m comparing two clubs on the same machine then I can see how one performs compared to another

I would say though that with the M5 I was seeing smash factors of 1.46/1.47

Anyway back on topic....I still not sure why the 9’ was spinning more than the 10.5 (there is a chance the strikes were lower on the face and would be explained by the drop in efficiency)

I may have to do a 9’ vs 10.5’ head comparison again before I part with the cash now that I’ve narrowed it down to the one club,

Well. First Cobra driver I've owned and I am stunned at 1) the distance and more importantly 2) the trajectory.

Even swinging hard going after it the ball just goes forward. Completely and utterly destroys my M4 in terms consistency and dispersion. And it's longer.

Ridiculous.

Cobra always makes great drivers. You guys better stop. I told myself I wouldn't buy a driver this year and now I'm creeping towards the edge...

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

Well. First Cobra driver I've owned and I am stunned at 1) the distance and more importantly 2) the trajectory.

Even swinging hard going after it the ball just goes forward. Completely and utterly destroys my M4 in terms consistency and dispersion. And it's longer.

Ridiculous.

Cobra always makes great drivers. You guys better stop. I told myself I wouldn't buy a driver this year and now I'm creeping towards the edge...

I wish you’d change your avatar. It gives me anxiety every time I look at it. ; )

This is one hell of a driver.

It beat out my G400 MAX which I never vowed to change. It has enough forgiveness to compete with my max but when it's hit on the screws, you can get one of those nuclear balls once in a while. I never, ever got that with my Ping.

Yeah. I went to the store to buy and M5 and kept wanting to hit the cobra. Was crazy good

Well, I may just buy both...?

Let us know how that setup goes. I said in the thread earlier I wouldn’t buy this and my g400lst is just fine.

However!!!!! I’m intrigued by putting the orange pro in it. Mainly cause the pro orange is super tip stiff,and thus has less deflection, might catch that sucker on the upper part of the driver and sucker could fly!!! Since cobra drivers perform better when you hit more on the upper part of the face. Nice pickup by the way. Looks really good in the white.

Ridiculous.

I wish you’d change your avatar. It gives me anxiety every time I look at it. ; )

I know what you mean. I get vertigo and puke in my mouth a little, when I really study it...

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

Fowler will be back in F8 next week......he just shanked his F9 worse than I've ever seen him hit any drive and was visibly pissed wit the club. He looked like a mere mortal. He also is using that Graphite Design AD IZ that has been killing Spieth since last season.

I’m gonna blame it on the TM ball he’s playing. :-)

Fowler will be back in F8 next week......he just shanked his F9 worse than I've ever seen him hit any drive and was visibly pissed wit the club. He looked like a mere mortal. He also is using that Graphite Design AD IZ that has been killing Spieth since last season.

Iâm gonna blame it on the TM ball heâs playing. :-)

Hahahahahahahaha.... Agreed