Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

46741388712_013b052422_b.jpg

46741389602_d2a639b650_b.jpg

Got the F9 tour 3 wood out yesterday, and was able to get out to the range today. I've been struggling to find a good 3 wood for quite awhile now, and I have a feeling this one will last a long time in my bag. Head shape is great, and it was easy to launch even at 13.5*. Sound is a nice crack (similar to the F9 drive when I hit it in the store), and reminds me of a wooden baseball bat. The HZRDUS Smoke pairs nicely with this head too.

For reference, the past few 3 woods I have had were the M3, M4 tour, M2 tour, and the TS2. Cobra 3 woods have never really appealed to me, but for some reason, I decided to try this one out when I was lurking around a store. Instantly loved the feel and look of it, and traded in the M4 tour right away. I was even thinking about getting a F9 tour 5 wood when I was driving home from the range..and that might just happen soon :yes:

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Callaway AI Smoke ◆◆◆ 3 wood 15* | Project X Denali Black 70 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19* | Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Black 85tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | KBS $-Taper S+

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X 

Am I the only one that wishes the White/black color scheme came with the same glossy top and white cobra alignment aid?

I’m in the same boat. I don’t mind the yellow too bad, but would def prefer the white if it had the glossy crown. I’m going tomorrow to test it out.

[b]WITB[/b]
Cobra F9 - Rogue White 130 6X 
Cobra F8 3-4 - Rogue White 130 8X
Cobra F9 19* - Tensei Pro White 90X
Srixon ZX7 4-PW - PX LZ 6.5

Titleist SM7 Black 50,54,58
TM Spider Tour Black

I looked at both finally tonight. Haven't seen the white in person. The alignment aide is white on it so that's part of what you were asking. The 2 tone crown is a turn off for me though. If they had made the Avalanche all matte, I would have gotten that for sure and I almost did. Glad I didn't now. I like the all gloss. To my eye its not nearly as distracting. The "turbulators" are not nearly as noticeable on the gloss.

So I hit the M5/M6 today in store. That was the driver that I was really curious about vs the F9. Looks, feel and sound are all awesome on the M5/M6. Stock length on them are 45.75 so that was definitely a turn off. I choked up and hit some really good shots. Luckily they had my exact Cobra F9 set up 10.5 with HZRDUS Smoke. Hit two shots and absolutely killed the second shot 20 yards further with the F9. Swingweight and shaft length just felt perfect to me it was really noticeable going from Taylormade to Cobra. I am sure the M5/M6 are great I just wish they had better demo shafts seems like the Atmos Orange and Evenflow Max Carry I hit were watered down "made for" shafts. I need to try the M5 with HZRDUS for an even comparison. One thing I did gain is validation that my Cobra F9 is a real performer not only in distance but also dispersion!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

I looked at both finally tonight. Haven't seen the white in person. The alignment aide is white on it so that's part of what you were asking. The 2 tone crown is a turn off for me though. If they had made the Avalanche all matte, I would have gotten that for sure and I almost did. Glad I didn't now. I like the all gloss. To my eye its not nearly as distracting. The "turbulators" are not nearly as noticeable on the gloss.

I’m with you. I’d much rather have the yellow on the bottom than have to look at the matte against the glossy black at address constantly. That made my decision between the std. fairway vs. the tour version really easy.

It takes all kinds. Went in today to buy the yellow 3-wood and walked out with the white. Found the glossy to be a little overwhelming and thought that the matte/glossy combo looked really nice. Helped me frame the ball quite a bit better, too.

On a nice note for Cobra, the salesman told me that the F9 series was already selling in “Callaway type numbers”. He’d never seen so many folks coming in specifically to demo Cobra clubs.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

It takes all kinds. Went in today to buy the yellow 3-wood and walked out with the white. Found the glossy to be a little overwhelming and thought that the matte/glossy combo looked really nice. Helped me frame the ball quite a bit better, too.

On a nice note for Cobra, the salesman told me that the F9 series was already selling in “Callaway type numbers”. He’d never seen so many folks coming in specifically to demo Cobra clubs.

That's awesome. Glad to see them take a bite out of the market share. Goes to show you what a solid product at a more reasonable price can do.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

So I hit the M5/M6 today in store. That was the driver that I was really curious about vs the F9. Looks, feel and sound are all awesome on the M5/M6. Stock length on them are 45.75 so that was definitely a turn off. I choked up and hit some really good shots. Luckily they had my exact Cobra F9 set up 10.5 with HZRDUS Smoke. Hit two shots and absolutely killed the second shot 20 yards further with the F9. Swingweight and shaft length just felt perfect to me it was really noticeable going from Taylormade to Cobra. I am sure the M5/M6 are great I just wish they had better demo shafts seems like the Atmos Orange and Evenflow Max Carry I hit were watered down "made for" shafts. I need to try the M5 with HZRDUS for an even comparison. One thing I did gain is validation that my Cobra F9 is a real performer not only in distance but also dispersion!

Is the Atmos Orange a new shaft?

The F9 hasn't beat my G400 LST out yet. I get a round today and one more tomorrow and a bit more testing on the range. I have played 9 holes twice and some range time so far. It is a touch longer and seems more forgiving but I know I can chalk that up to longer shaft (which I am going to cut down a bit), lower trajectory and run out. Dispersion is going to be the key. I am having to get used to a bit more draw bias in the Cobra. Its a good club for sure but I'm still on the fence.

Draw bias......that is a touch of a concern - how much is there?

thanks

Was trying to figure out what the gloss/yellow color scheme reminded me of and now I remember. The S9-1 Pro S! That was the first cobra driver I bought.....gasp, ten years ago. That driver was awesome, E9 face and carbon crown. No speedback, though.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Got the F9 tour 3 wood out yesterday, and was able to get out to the range today. I've been struggling to find a good 3 wood for quite awhile now, and I have a feeling this one will last a long time in my bag. Head shape is great, and it was easy to launch even at 13.5*. Sound is a nice crack (similar to the F9 drive when I hit it in the store), and reminds me of a wooden baseball bat. The HZRDUS Smoke pairs nicely with this head too.

For reference, the past few 3 woods I have had were the M3, M4 tour, M2 tour, and the TS2. Cobra 3 woods have never really appealed to me, but for some reason, I decided to try this one out when I was lurking around a store. Instantly loved the feel and look of it, and traded in the M4 tour right away. I was even thinking about getting a F9 tour 5 wood when I was driving home from the range..and that might just happen soon :yes:

sorry to say this to you, but there is no such thing as a F9 tour 5 wood

sorry to say this to you, but there is no such thing as a F9 tour 5 wood

Sorry to inform you, but yes there is. You can configure one right on their site. Like this:

Should be fun.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Should be fun.

What shaft did you go with? I ordered with smoke 60 6.5 with 1" tipped, but also have a KKXD TX 1 inch tipped to use with it.

I ordered it with an atmos 7x tipped 1.5”. Pulled it right out of the box and put my diamana DF in it.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

Should be fun.

What shaft did you go with? I ordered with smoke 60 6.5 with 1" tipped, but also have a KKXD TX 1 inch tipped to use with it.

I ordered it with an atmos 7x tipped 1.5". Pulled it right out of the box and put my diamana DF in it.

Ah yes. I haven't hit the DF yet but everyone keeps telling me I need to.

Just switched my KKDC XT into a Cobra adapter. I should be able to test the F9 vs the LTD Pro tomorrow morning with the same shaft. Hopefully it works out and there are testing bays available at the store.

Driver looks great in all these pics.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

I think you dudes are crazy or on crack. The crown of the white one looks tons better than the yellow. My swing seems to be on winter vacations as I’ve completely forgot how to hit a driver but I still took swings with all the new stuff yesterday. The F9 feels amazing. I just wish it didn’t look so cheap. If I had to choose yesterday it would have been between the M5 and the F9. I loved the shape of the Flash SZ but damn if that driver sounds awful. They really messed up the sound/feel.

I’m sorry I read this because I love my M4 Tour. The IZ shaft in it and head work so well together so maybe I’ll be able to resist.

I think you dudes are crazy or on crack. The crown of the white one looks tons better than the yellow. My swing seems to be on winter vacations as I’ve completely forgot how to hit a driver but I still took swings with all the new stuff yesterday. The F9 feels amazing. I just wish it didn’t look so cheap. If I had to choose yesterday it would have been between the M5 and the F9. I loved the shape of the Flash SZ but damn if that driver sounds awful. They really messed up the sound/feel.

The white looks okay but it’s not like the pictures on the cobra website. The back carbon section is gloss but the website photos make it look matte(which would look a ton better). Little disappointing as the website photos are misleading.

Piretti Savona 

The white looks okay but it’s not like the pictures on the cobra website. The back carbon section is gloss but the website photos make it look matte(which would look a ton better). Little disappointing as the website photos are misleading.

Ah yes I agree. I also expected a completely matte crown and agree it would look way better. I kind of think the looks of the F9 driver are it’s biggesr drawback.

I think you dudes are crazy or on crack. The crown of the white one looks tons better than the yellow. My swing seems to be on winter vacations as I've completely forgot how to hit a driver but I still took swings with all the new stuff yesterday. The F9 feels amazing. I just wish it didn't look so cheap. If I had to choose yesterday it would have been between the M5 and the F9. I loved the shape of the Flash SZ but damn if that driver sounds awful. They really messed up the sound/feel.

The white looks okay but it's not like the pictures on the cobra website. The back carbon section is gloss but the website photos make it look matte(which would look a ton better). Little disappointing as the website photos are misleading.

I wonder if you gave the head to a re-finisher, if they could lightly buff the "gloss" off, since it's probably just a thin layer of lacquer... then refinish with matte lacquer, kind of like re-finishing wooden floors, etc.

I do agree, matte finishes are much nicer because the gloss shows blemishes rather easily, and in the summer gives off glare easier.

I think you dudes are crazy or on crack. The crown of the white one looks tons better than the yellow. My swing seems to be on winter vacations as I've completely forgot how to hit a driver but I still took swings with all the new stuff yesterday. The F9 feels amazing. I just wish it didn't look so cheap. If I had to choose yesterday it would have been between the M5 and the F9. I loved the shape of the Flash SZ but damn if that driver sounds awful. They really messed up the sound/feel.

The white looks okay but it's not like the pictures on the cobra website. The back carbon section is gloss but the website photos make it look matte(which would look a ton better). Little disappointing as the website photos are misleading.

I wonder if you gave the head to a re-finisher, if they could lightly buff the "gloss" off, since it's probably just a thin layer of lacquer... then refinish with matte lacquer, kind of like re-finishing wooden floors, etc.

I do agree, matte finishes are much nicer because the gloss shows blemishes rather easily, and in the summer gives off glare easier.

I would think someone like continental could refinish it in matte. I had a buddie do that to his epic and it looked sick when he got it back. Also got rid of all the green in it.

I’m glad I like the yellow not a fan of mixing finished on the crown. I’m dying in this cold/stormy weather to game my F9!

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I would think someone like continental could refinish it in matte. I had a buddie do that to his epic and it looked sick when he got it back. Also got rid of all the green in it.

Yup that's what I was thinking. Same with Flash... get all that ugly yellow and green out of it.