2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

What other weight options are there? I've already ordered but may want to order a variety of weights so I can get the # right when I'm using various shafts and need to rapidly change.

They usually offer a 2, 4, 8, 12, and 16g I believe. I think the f9 will also have an 18g weight option. I believe the weights and adapters will be up on their site within the next week or so but the f8 and f8+ weights are on there for reference.

The adapters for drivers are on there now, just ordered one to put into another shaft I have.

Wish that was the case for the Canadian site (cobragolf.ca) If you 'search' for weights you'll find F7. F8's not listed. Likely the only way to purchase these, if possible at all, is to call. From my experience, the Canadian contingent isn't nearly as nice, knowledgable, or helpful as our counterparts to the south

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

What other weight options are there? I've already ordered but may want to order a variety of weights so I can get the # right when I'm using various shafts and need to rapidly change.

They usually offer a 2, 4, 8, 12, and 16g I believe. I think the f9 will also have an 18g weight option. I believe the weights and adapters will be up on their site within the next week or so but the f8 and f8+ weights are on there for reference.

The adapters for drivers are on there now, just ordered one to put into another shaft I have.

Wish that was the case for the Canadian site (cobragolf.ca) If you 'search' for weights you'll find F7. F8's not listed. Likely the only way to purchase these, if possible at all, is to call. From my experience, the Canadian contingent isn't nearly as nice, knowledgable, or helpful as our counterparts to the south

That's a bummer.

Ordered a yellow 9* with 45†Smoke 6.5. Put it on the GC2HMT and haven’t had a chance to do a full test against my F8+ but initial impressions are as such:

1) prefer my PO 70TX over the Smoke, but the Smoke isn’t bad.

2) feel and sound are wonderful. F8+ is great in these departments but F9 feels better

3) seems mishits are straighter and retains more ball speed over the F8+, but need to confirm this. spin looks a touch high and left but suspect that’s due to my swing of the day. I lowered the loft opening it up and seemed to help, but didn’t have too many swings left in me. More testing tomorrow.

4) Yellow looks better than it does in pictures... but wonder how well this will age. Let’s be honest though, this is WRX and we’ll be onto new drivers in 1-2 years.

5) setup behind the ball looks really smart

Overall very excited for it and think it’ll slot easily into the bag. Feel is tops.

I missed on the low side of the face all day today and certainly lost distance but I am always surprised at how little I lose and I also stayed in the fairway. The driver definitely has my complete attention now so I came home and installed a cobra tip on my extra AD BB. I can now compare apples to apples with my G400 LST. You can read my impressions so far but this one is ticking the boxes. Control and forgiveness are my top priorities as I live all over the face. The fact that I can get those things slightly better than my G400 LST and then add some distance due to the flatter flight and lower spin are major plus. Throw in the great sound and feel...not much more to add. I haven't demoed the M5/6 yet but the Flash is out due to sound alone plus I have never controlled a Callaway driver well. Their fairways are a different story as I have gamed them for years and have a Rouge in the bag now.

Great to hear as I always hope Cobra drivers do well. I'm a big Cobra fan, but never brand specific. I play what I like and what works. One of my favorite drivers is still the bio cell +. Many didn't like it cause of the different crown colors, but then people praised TM for basically the same type of design. Anyway, the bio cell+ for me at the time was very accurate and forgiving for a very low spinning driver, which I need. I have recently (last summer) switched over to the Ping G400 LST. It might not be the longest at times, but is very forgiving and low enough spin that on average its longer than most. For example when I picked the bio cell+ I also hit the SLDR. On solid strikes the SLDR was longer by maybe 5 to 10 yards (rollout), but on mishits the SLDR was substantially shorter. Overall, the bio cell+ was longer over 5, 10, or more shots.

The F9 to me from what I've read and seen seems to be a great mix of low spin, forgiving, good looking from at least the top, and such a great deal on price. I don't know why anyone who isn't biased wouldn't consider the F9 over the M5, M6, Flash, and/or Flash sub-zero.

Not sure if you guys have mentioned this already or not, but if you order direct from Cobra, they’ll configure it however you want including hot melt.

I had them remove the Cobra connect grip and add hot melt to get swingweight where I wanted it based on the grip change and the replacement grip being 52g. Pretty awesome no charge upgrade IMO.

I read some of the love in the thread for the driver, so I checked it out at golf galaxy. I'm one of those that it has to look good. I can live with the colors. I didn't like the Orange S on the LTd. I dont like the yellow S on this one. The shape of the driver was not what I expected. It does have a more subtle triangular shape to it on the back, which isn't my first choice on shape, but I will need to try it out, the bays were all full....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Not sure if you guys have mentioned this already or not, but if you order direct from Cobra, they’ll configure it however you want including hot melt.

I had them remove the Cobra connect grip and add hot melt to get swingweight where I wanted it based on the grip change and the replacement grip being 52g. Pretty awesome no charge upgrade IMO.

Pardon my ignorance but what's a hot melt?

Hotmelt is a glue like substance tour vans and some high end shops will use to either add swing weight, chance acoustics, create a bias, effect spin, or a combination of those things. I'm fortunate in that i have a tour van hotmelt setup in my shop and do a ton of work for guys. Almost every head on the pga tour has hotmelt because it creates that muted sound everyone likes.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Hotmelt is a glue like substance tour vans and some high end shops will use to either add swing weight, chance acoustics, create a bias, effect spin, or a combination of those things. I'm fortunate in that i have a tour van hotmelt setup in my shop and do a ton of work for guys. Almost every head on the pga tour has hotmelt because it creates that muted sound everyone likes.

Cool.... Where is it inserted? In the hosel?

In the head. It’s mostly nonsense. Why? Because I was in the Taylor made tour van and Mike Weir was there. He was having his wedges looked at, guy told him his loft on his wedge was off by 2 degrees. Mike was like whoa! Never noticed! Lol. What this has to do with hot melt it’s up to you to figure it out. I just wanted to tell that Mike Weir story anyways.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

No, inside the head.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Either through a specific holtmelt port in the head or through the bottom of an open screw hole used for weights.

With the F9 I imagine they remove one of the weights and inject it through the screw hole. I haven’t seen one in hand, but it’s very common that the screw holes are open at the bottom on most models of drivers.

2nd roud yesterday with my F9 white. Still loving it.

4th round complete. Still love mine as well. Was consistently longer (10-20 yards) than my playing partners I'm usually next too. Loving that big time!! Also hitting a lot of fairways so dispersion is there. Mis hit a few and still performed amazing!! :superman2:

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Not sure if you guys have mentioned this already or not, but if you order direct from Cobra, they'll configure it however you want including hot melt.

In the head. It's mostly nonsense. Why? Because I was in the Taylor made tour van and Mike Weir was there. He was having his wedges looked at, guy told him his loft on his wedge was off by 2 degrees. Mike was like whoa! Never noticed! Lol. What this has to do with hot melt it's up to you to figure it out. I just wanted to tell that Mike Weir story anyways.

You are probably the only person in the world who has a "Mike Weir story" apart from Mike Weir...

4th round complete. Still love mine as well. Was consistently longer (10-20 yards) than my playing partners I'm usually next too. Loving that big time!! Also hitting a lot of fairways so dispersion is there. Mis hit a few and still performed amazing!! :superman2:

4-5-6-7 FFS!

I had a driver fitting yesterday. Going into the fitting I was 90% sure I was going to come out with the Epic Flash Subzero. Boy was I wrong. This is my take away from the fitting.

All heads at 9* with the Atmos TS Blue and a brand new Pro V’s on track man indoors.

Look:

EFS

M5/F9/TS3

G400 Max

Sound and feel:

F9/TS3

M5

Max/EFS

Launch:

TS3

F9

M5/EFS/Max

Lowest Spin:

TS3

F9

M5/EFS/Max

Distance:

TS3

F9

EFS

M5

Max

Dispersion:

F9

TS3

Max

M5/EFS

We ended up at the end of the fitting adjusting the F9 down to 8* and bingo lowered the spin and beat out the TS3.

Plus $450 vs $750 is a no brainer.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I had a driver fitting yesterday. Going into the fitting I was 90% sure I was going to come out with the Epic Flash Subzero. Boy was I wrong. This is my take away from the fitting.

All heads at 9* with the Atmos TS Blue and a brand new Pro V’s on track man indoors.

Look:

EFS

M5/F9/TS3

G400 Max

Sound and feel:

F9/TS3

M5

Max/EFS

Launch:

TS3

F9

M5/EFS/Max

Lowest Spin:

TS3

F9

M5/EFS/Max

Distance:

TS3

F9

EFS

M5

Max

Dispersion:

F9

TS3

Max

M5/EFS

We ended up at the end of the fitting adjusting the F9 down to 8* and bingo lowered the spin and beat out the TS3.

Excellent Post, Thank you

The TXG boys did an initial impression review. It validated what I see exactly. Flatter than my G400 LST. Lower spin too. Strikes on the lower part of the face are punished but for me they stay in play. I play the plastic tees with markings and I cannot tee this club as low as I do with the Ping. About a 1/4" higher and its perfect. Was nice to see those fast ball speeds from Matt. He was up 2-3 mph over his gamer Ping G400 LST.

Do you have a link to their review? Looked on their YouTube page and didnt see it.

Had my local shop order the 9.0 head with an Atmos TS black 70X today so should be in next week. Ready to see how this compares to my Epic SZ.

Link to the TXG video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9tJk50NvFY

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Can someone PM me DD prices. It’s Sunday so they’re closed :)

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

All I can say is DD’s price is really good.

What he said.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

What is DD?

[b]WITB[/b]
Cobra F9 - Rogue White 130 6X 
Cobra F8 3-4 - Rogue White 130 8X
Cobra F9 19* - Tensei Pro White 90X
Srixon ZX7 4-PW - PX LZ 6.5

Titleist SM7 Black 50,54,58
TM Spider Tour Black

What is DD?

Discount Dan's. A site sponsor. If you're in the market for a new club, get in touch with them. Their service is great.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

The TXG boys did an initial impression review. It validated what I see exactly. Flatter than my G400 LST. Lower spin too. Strikes on the lower part of the face are punished but for me they stay in play. I play the plastic tees with markings and I cannot tee this club as low as I do with the Ping. About a 1/4" higher and its perfect. Was nice to see those fast ball speeds from Matt. He was up 2-3 mph over his gamer Ping G400 LST.

Do you have a link to their review? Looked on their YouTube page and didnt see it.

Had my local shop order the 9.0 head with an Atmos TS black 70X today so should be in next week. Ready to see how this compares to my Epic SZ.

Link to the TXG video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9tJk50NvFY

Should be an interesting week for them testing outside for a change.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Something about this driver has me always checking up on this topic. Digging the shape. Never considered any cobra clubs until this one. We’ll see come spring time

I’m with you. Never even considered hitting a Cobra club. Not sure why just didn’t. I’m all over this one and the three wood.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Look:

EFS

M5/F9/TS3

G400 Max

Sound and feel:

F9/TS3

M5

Max/EFS

Launch:

TS3

F9

M5/EFS/Max

Lowest Spin:

TS3

F9

M5/EFS/Max

Distance:

TS3

F9

EFS

M5

Max

Dispersion:

F9

TS3

Max

M5/EFS

How would you rank them for forgiveness?