Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Ok everyone. I got a Very odd email back from Cobra today about wanting a 9 degree Tour length F9. I want a Tour length that I will then shorten another 1 inch myself. I really just want the Heavier weights in it.

CS Rep confirmed the stupidity that you can't order one. You must order a 9 "custom" at -1 inch. Here's the kicker....according to this response they will NOT use the heavier weights to get the swingweight back up, they will use hotmelt.

Here's the email:

Thank you for contacting Cobra Puma Golf!

Unfortunately we are not offering the 9 degree head with the specific tour length weights. However, you can order the 9 degree driver at -1" short and then our production team will be able to build the driver to the same length as this option. Our production team will always build a club as close as possible to the stock swing weight listed. They would then build the driver and add weight inside the head to get the swing weight closer to the stock D3 swing weight.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we would be happy to help.

Thank you,

Peter

——————-

I sent a response saying that I wanted the heavier weights and I know they are going to sell them as an aftermarket accessory. Why can't I get the club with the weights already in it? I'll post the response when I get it.

Call Cobra and ask to talk to Rich, tell him what you want (length, loft, swingweight, etc.). From my experience they will build you just about anything, they'll send the build notes with the order.

Ok everyone. I got a Very odd email back from Cobra today about wanting a 9 degree Tour length F9. I want a Tour length that I will then shorten another 1 inch myself. I really just want the Heavier weights in it.

CS Rep confirmed the stupidity that you can't order one. You must order a 9 "custom" at -1 inch. Here's the kicker....according to this response they will NOT use the heavier weights to get the swingweight back up, they will use hotmelt.

Here's the email:

Unfortunately we are not offering the 9 degree head with the specific tour length weights. However, you can order the 9 degree driver at -1" short and then our production team will be able to build the driver to the same length as this option. Our production team will always build a club as close as possible to the stock swing weight listed. They would then build the driver and add weight inside the head to get the swing weight closer to the stock D3 swing weight.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we would be happy to help.

Thank you,

Peter

——————-

I sent a response saying that I wanted the heavier weights and I know they are going to sell them as an aftermarket accessory. Why can't I get the club with the weights already in it? I'll post the response when I get it.

Call Cobra and ask to talk to Rich, tell him what you want (length, loft, swingweight, etc.). From my experience they will build you just about anything, they'll send the build notes with the order.

Yes. Thanks. I’m personally not concerned about it. I know if you get on the phone with them with some details they will accommodate them if it isn’t unreasonable.

I’m just pointing out that the on line order system is flawed. It’s a computer issue. The “Tour length” driver is just a specific item in their system that has limited options. It’s perfectly ridiculous that you can’t just select it in 9 degree. If you want a driver made a specific way it’s best to talk to a human.

Just ordered a white/black one of these owing to the rave views, recently i have only had Taylormade or Ping drivers but i think the F9 is well worth a look. Rick Shiels seems to think this is the driver to beat in 2019 so hopefully will be here next week and i can feedback my opinion.....

I really hope Cobra slid Rick about $10,000 under the table for that caption. Dude has sold a LOT of drivers for them with one review and some questionable wording.

He hadn’t even tested any other 2019 models yet when he posted that caption.. LOLOLOL! Of course the F9 is “the one to beat” so far. How could it not be?

Not sure that's true. He posted reviews of the M5, M6 and Epic Flash a few days before the Cobra. Therefore the only big release still to come is the Ping 410... unless i am mistaken, i read his comments to mean that the Cobra is better than the M5, M6 and Epic.......

Just ordered a white/black one of these owing to the rave views, recently i have only had Taylormade or Ping drivers but i think the F9 is well worth a look. Rick Shiels seems to think this is the driver to beat in 2019 so hopefully will be here next week and i can feedback my opinion.....

I really hope Cobra slid Rick about $10,000 under the table for that caption. Dude has sold a LOT of drivers for them with one review and some questionable wording.

He hadn’t even tested any other 2019 models yet when he posted that caption.. LOLOLOL! Of course the F9 is “the one to beat” so far. How could it not be?

Not sure that's true. He posted reviews of the M5, M6 and Epic Flash a few days before the Cobra. Therefore the only big release still to come is the Ping 410... unless i am mistaken, i read his comments to mean that the Cobra is better than the M5, M6 and Epic.......

And I believe the TS2/3 as well. I'd include those as a "2019" model since they came out at the end of 2018.

I’m just amazed by the number of people here complaining about his reviews and clickbait etc.

It’s his job.

And by the way, another word for clickbait is “marketing”. If more people watch, he is doing his job. He’s not providing video titles to encourage you to watch, only to try and sell you a bible or a cheese knife. Clickbait is a fairly benign concept unless you overlay the idea that there is some sort of dishonest or sinister intent to deceive you. And there clearly isn’t here. Does he think it is “the driver to beat” this year? Probably. What reason do you have to doubt that? And if he doesn’t? What are the negative ramifications you are personally experiencing? Only on the internet do we see people in the gallery openly sling mud at someone for being effective in their profession.

Here's the email:

Thank you,

Peter

——————-

Yes. Thanks. I'm personally not concerned about it. I know if you get on the phone with them with some details they will accommodate them if it isn't unreasonable.

I'm just pointing out that the on line order system is flawed. It's a computer issue. The "Tour length" driver is just a specific item in their system that has limited options. It's perfectly ridiculous that you can't just select it in 9 degree. If you want a driver made a specific way it's best to talk to a human.

Which shaft did you order?

Interesting. I really like the tour length driver concept, but would probably prefer it in the white head at 9* which you can't order from the website currently in the tour length setup. Now that I read they can hotmelt it for you, may prefer to order the white head and have them build it to 45".

I am pretty happy with my current driver but am pretty interested in hitting this one based on all the reviews of the sound and feel.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I am really interested in trying the F9 driver, from the reviews it looks like they have a winner.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I’m just amazed by the number of people here complaining about his reviews and clickbait etc.

It’s his job.

And by the way, another word for clickbait is “marketing”. If more people watch, he is doing his job. He’s not providing video titles to encourage you to watch, only to try and sell you a bible or a cheese knife. Clickbait is a fairly benign concept unless you overlay the idea that there is some sort of dishonest or sinister intent to deceive you. And there clearly isn’t here. Does he think it is “the driver to beat” this year? Probably. What reason do you have to doubt that? And if he doesn’t? What are the negative ramifications you are personally experiencing? Only on the internet do we see people in the gallery openly sling mud at someone for being effective in their profession.

IS THIS THE BEST POST OF 2019?????

It’s his job.

I like his job. Rick has good honest reviews. If I remember right, he did say the F9 could the driver to beat this year. I didn’t hear him say that about any other new driver out/coming out that he already reviewed. You said clickbait? Maybe you nibbled a couple times then finally swallowed the hook. I Hit the F9 on a demo day. I’ll be ordering one in a week or two. Plus getting it for $180 less then some of the new offerings is great for possibly the driver of 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Rick has just become a glorified salesman... the only way to look at it. Having said that, I tried this driver today and besides looking like a transformer, it feels great and is really easy to hit straight. I wouldn't say it's a distance king, but it's not short, right up there with everyone else. It feels fast and forgiving.... Personally I just can't get past the look, well maybe I could, but "the one to beat"?? Eh, like Jag said, maybe if it's the first one you hit. LOL

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Rick has just become a glorified salesman... the only way to look at it. Having said that, I tried this driver today and besides looking like a transformer, it feels great and is really easy to hit straight. I wouldn't say it's a distance king, but it's not short, right up there with everyone else. It feels fast and forgiving.... Personally I just can't get past the look, well maybe I could, but "the one to beat"?? Eh, like Jag said, maybe if it's the first one you hit. LOL

It was the first and hit it again at the end. I don’t really care for the yellow either. I’m going white with PX EF white.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Oops. My mistake. I didn’t see that he’d done those others already.

Not keeping up To date on Rickies videos I guess. I don’t give a hoot about TM or Cally drivers so I guess I wasn’t paying attention.

Here's the email:

Thank you,

Peter

——————-

Yes. Thanks. I'm personally not concerned about it. I know if you get on the phone with them with some details they will accommodate them if it isn't unreasonable.

I'm just pointing out that the on line order system is flawed. It's a computer issue. The "Tour length" driver is just a specific item in their system that has limited options. It's perfectly ridiculous that you can't just select it in 9 degree. If you want a driver made a specific way it's best to talk to a human.

Which shaft did you order?

I actually have not ordered yet. But I will be ordering the 6x Atmos Black. Honestly, with another 5-8 inches of snow on the way and sub zero temperatures following the front I realized there isn’t much reason to be In a rush about it.

You guys are killing me with all the talk of how great the driver is! I’m torn because I know how good the fairway is, but I truly love my G400 max. I’m thinking I should get the driver, but I think I’ll wait and pick up a head when they’re out there and have it so I can make a decision based on a head to head battle when the season (and my swing) are more in normal form. The fairway was such an easy decision because it was such an improvement for me over last seasons play with the Rogue and the M3 and M4. So I’m going to avoid putting one in my hands and trying it. We’ll see how long that lasts though...lol. So for the love of God, PLEASE stop talking about it!

Round 3 Complete!! Validated the superb results of Round 2 today with another amazing performance. This is the one for me!! Front nine was some of the best driving I have ever done and when struck well 10-20 yards further than my previous driver and was really outdriving my usual group today by the same 10-20 yards. If you guys want to hear the sound you can check out here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bst6boBF6pz/

I'm done looking around. Hit the Flash wasn't amazed. M5/M6 looks nice but Ive always been wild with TM drivers. The F9 has it all IMO!!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Round 3 Complete!! Validated the superb results of Round 2 today with another amazing performance. This is the one for me!! Front nine was some of the best driving I have ever done and when struck well 10-20 yards further than my previous driver and was really outdriving my usual group today by the same 10-20 yards. If you guys want to hear the sound you can check out here:

https://www.instagra.../p/Bst6boBF6pz/

I'm done looking around. Hit the Flash wasn't amazed. M5/M6 looks nice but Ive always been wild with TM drivers. The F9 has it all IMO!!

Love the sound in the video. I swear mine is more muted and a solid thwack. I wish mine sounded that way. Measured It again today and its 45.75" with the Smoke 60 shaft and swing weights at D6. Knowing what I know, its not a heavy head that could have a ton of hot melt. Maybe it does sound like that and my ears are fooling me. Another range session and 9 holes in the books today. Still not in love but growing on me. Think I am ready to start experimenting with different shafts.

Love the sound in the video. I swear mine is more muted and a solid thwack. I wish mine sounded that way. Measured It again today and its 45.75" with the Smoke 60 shaft and swing weights at D6. Knowing what I know, its not a heavy head that could have a ton of hot melt. Maybe it does sound like that and my ears are fooling me. Another range session and 9 holes in the books today. Still not in love but growing on me. Think I am ready to start experimenting with different shafts.

Is the heavy weight forward? Mine is and it sounds better IMO than when the weight was back.

Is the heavy weight forward? Mine is and it sounds better IMO than when the weight was back.

Yep, heavy weight forward. First driver like this I've tried (Epic SZ and M3) when the heavy weights are forward the driver feels better and more solid.

Yep, heavy weight forward. First driver like this I've tried (Epic SZ and M3) when the heavy weights are forward the driver feels better and more solid.

I just measured mine and its what the Cobra website says 45.50 with Cobra Connect. So really its 45.25. Not sure about SW but it feels perfect!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bst6boBF6pz/

Yes. Very nice sound.

You put a Pretty good move on that ball too. ; )

You guys are killing me with all the talk of how great the driver is! I’m torn because I know how good the fairway is, but I truly love my G400 max. I’m thinking I should get the driver, but I think I’ll wait and pick up a head when they’re out there and have it so I can make a decision based on a head to head battle when the season (and my swing) are more in normal form. The fairway was such an easy decision because it was such an improvement for me over last seasons play with the Rogue and the M3 and M4. So I’m going to avoid putting one in my hands and trying it. We’ll see how long that lasts though...lol. So for the love of God, PLEASE stop talking about it!

Tell me about this 3 wood and why you say such an improvement. Really struggling to find a 3w that suits me - F8 wasn't it, but neither was Rogue or M3/4....thanks

Any comparison pics of the f8 vs f9 fairway?

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

It’s his job.

IS THIS THE BEST POST OF 2019?????

Cheers bro. High praise from the bloke with the Oz brothers as his avatar. That’s unbeloivable!

Tell me about this 3 wood and why you say such an improvement. Really struggling to find a 3w that suits me - F8 wasn't it, but neither was Rogue or M3/4....thanks

First of all, feel. Very subjective, I know, but it feels very solid, but sift in that you feel like the ball sucks into the face for a moment. Second, sound. It sounds like a fairway metal should sound like (again subjective)

Third it sits perfectly behind the ball for me. With the Rogue and the M3/4, I had to fidget with my stance and never really felt comfortable behind either. Finally, trajectory for me is what I want to see in a fairway.. a nice steady rise, then flatten out and carry.

It doesn’t hurt that it’s a good 15 yards longer than either the Cally or TM for me either.

I know that’s mostly all “subjective”, but it all adds up to confidence, which in a fairway wood is huge for me.

I tried the 3 wood aso and was super solid and I could see why you bought it. I just picked up an epic 3w awhile back because that club called to me from the used bin for over 6 months. I had to take her home because no matter how I was swinging it performed. I tried the Max and put it away after one swing. It was so harsh and loud, something that reminded me what I always hated about the G30. I love this sound/feel and it makes me want to practice the driver. I am one of those guys that hits 3-4 drivers, not with this butter stick! Oh yeah go get it.

F9 9 degree Diamana white.  70G
Epic SZ 15 degree Diamana white 70G
M3 19 Hyrbrid Diamana white 90G
R11 7 wood Fuji something old school
4-pw J40 CB Modus 130 S
52,56,60 DD scratch 8810
Pointy looking thing. 
Srixon Z star